Oh God, My Wife Is German
Latest Blog Posts »
- Culture Shock 12: Confused American Expat Throws Socks in German Toilet 2 days ago Before I even get started on this one, I need to ask — is it a German thing to keep the laundry basket in the bathroom? My German wife put it there when she set our apartment up, so maybe … Continue reading →
- Wedding Tips for Marrying a German: 5 Things to Know Before 'Die Hochzeit' 1 week ago I am American. My wife is German. We got married in the States and it was awesome. So awesome, in fact, I was inspired to write this blog post for the benefit of every American who has married — or … Continue reading →
- Culture Shock 11: American Man Blindsided by Spring Allergies in Hannover, Germany 2 weeks ago I have always suffered from hay fever. Every spring, between May and July, my allergies go nuts. And I’m from Portland, Oregon, mind you, which resides in the valley between the Cascade Mountain Range and the Pacific Coast Mountains like … Continue reading →
- Denglish 82: My German Wife Ridicules My American Bathroom Habits 3 weeks ago To be perfectly honest with you, this post isn’t really about Denglish. It doesn’t concern German or English, or the hilarious mistranslations and linguistic mash-ups which can occur between the two. No, this post is about my wife’s sense of … Continue reading →
- Culture Shock 10: American Man Speaks with Prostitute in Hamburg, Germany 2 months ago If you saw our last post, featuring pictures from our recent trip to Hamburg, you know the visit concluded with me accidentally talking to a prostitute in St. Pauli’s Red Light District. My wife had been showing me around Reeperbahn … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Germany!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 15 reviews on Oh God, My Wife Is German
23:08 PM November 23, 2012
Two-fisted tales of Teutonic terror!!
16:43 PM December 11, 2012
Haven't read one of his text blogs that hasn't at least made me smile; most of the entries have made me laugh. The photo tours are always fun as well and still incorporate a great sense of humor
17:31 PM December 11, 2012
Smart and funny - if Dave Barry had married a German, this is probably how his blog would look.
18:20 PM December 11, 2012
Funny and fresh and irreverent. What's not to like? I especially enjoy the pictures that lead off the blog.
19:25 PM December 11, 2012
It is so fun to look at Germany from the eyes of an ex-American. Always makes me smile and often allows me into his thinking and the learning process he is going through in his new land.
20:04 PM December 11, 2012
Creative, funny, and original. It even inspired me to start my own German-American blog!
21:26 PM December 11, 2012
Such a fantastic blog! Every time I wander over it ends in laughter. As a fellow ex-pat I can totally relate to some of his experiences. Not to mention that it's nice to know that I'm not the only American navigating life in this strange land with a slightly warped sense of humor. Love it!
04:32 AM December 12, 2012
Never ceases to make me laugh -- often to the coffee-snorting stage, which is my personal Gold Standard!
13:11 PM December 12, 2012
Oh God my Wife is German is a great, quick, funny and informative expat blog. I also live in Germany and I giggle everytime I read one of the updates.
17:56 PM December 12, 2012
Absolutely fantastic blog. Reading this blog from a German stand point and understanding the language differences is just hilarious.
01:14 AM December 13, 2012
Funny and poignant at the same time. I "feel the love" between these two people and laugh at the same time.
15:58 PM December 13, 2012
I've shed tears and nearly peed myself. This blog is FUNNY!
16:26 PM December 13, 2012
This is always funny, and will make anyone who has a vague knowledge of Germany smile!
17:06 PM December 13, 2012
One time I was reading this blog while eating spaetzle and it shot out my nose. Now I am much more careful about what I'm consuming while reading it. Mostly I stick to milk.
18:45 PM December 15, 2012
A truly excellent blog. Funny, with a touch of Portland weirdness (who writes about how his wife's pee smells? Someone from Portland, that's who). It's been nice to read the impressions of another expat.