Oh God, My Wife Is German
Latest Blog Posts »
- My German Wife Kills Two Birds with One Stone 1 day ago Toward the end of 2012, my German wife and I were cleaning our former apartment in Hannover, Germany, before our dear friend Looney Tunes came for a visit from the States. We wanted the place to look really nice, you … Continue reading →
- Why Americans Don't Like Soccer - One Opinion from an American Expat in Germany 1 week ago It wasn’t until I moved to Germany, but especially since the 2014 FIFA World Cup, that I actually watched a single game of soccer. Okay, so technically I’d seen a few games before — one in Portland and another one … Continue reading →
- Culture Shock: The 2014 FIFA World Cup as Experienced by an American Expat in Germany 2 weeks ago Until this year, I had never, in all my life, watched a World Cup soccer match. Oh, I caught a few Bundesliga games last year, but they did little more than inform me the Bavarian team (FC Bayern München) is … Continue reading →
- American Expat Gleefully Passes German Integration Course 3 weeks ago For the past year, I have been taking an intensive German integration course here in Hannover, Germany. The class is mandatory, requiring expats to attend 3 days per week, for 4 hours at a time, and then pass the B1 … Continue reading →
- My German Wife Politely Asks If I Have a Hearing Problem 4 weeks ago So the other day, The Wife and I were watching my favorite movie, Memento. Have you seen it? It’s a psychological thriller starring Guy Pearce, Carrie-Anne Moss and Joe Pantoliano, and directed by Christopher Nolan. It has been my favorite … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Germany Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Germany!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 15 reviews on Oh God, My Wife Is German
23:08 PM November 23, 2012
Two-fisted tales of Teutonic terror!!
16:43 PM December 11, 2012
Haven't read one of his text blogs that hasn't at least made me smile; most of the entries have made me laugh. The photo tours are always fun as well and still incorporate a great sense of humor
17:31 PM December 11, 2012
Smart and funny - if Dave Barry had married a German, this is probably how his blog would look.
18:20 PM December 11, 2012
Funny and fresh and irreverent. What's not to like? I especially enjoy the pictures that lead off the blog.
19:25 PM December 11, 2012
It is so fun to look at Germany from the eyes of an ex-American. Always makes me smile and often allows me into his thinking and the learning process he is going through in his new land.
20:04 PM December 11, 2012
Creative, funny, and original. It even inspired me to start my own German-American blog!
21:26 PM December 11, 2012
Such a fantastic blog! Every time I wander over it ends in laughter. As a fellow ex-pat I can totally relate to some of his experiences. Not to mention that it's nice to know that I'm not the only American navigating life in this strange land with a slightly warped sense of humor. Love it!
04:32 AM December 12, 2012
Never ceases to make me laugh -- often to the coffee-snorting stage, which is my personal Gold Standard!
13:11 PM December 12, 2012
Oh God my Wife is German is a great, quick, funny and informative expat blog. I also live in Germany and I giggle everytime I read one of the updates.
17:56 PM December 12, 2012
Absolutely fantastic blog. Reading this blog from a German stand point and understanding the language differences is just hilarious.
01:14 AM December 13, 2012
Funny and poignant at the same time. I "feel the love" between these two people and laugh at the same time.
15:58 PM December 13, 2012
I've shed tears and nearly peed myself. This blog is FUNNY!
16:26 PM December 13, 2012
This is always funny, and will make anyone who has a vague knowledge of Germany smile!
17:06 PM December 13, 2012
One time I was reading this blog while eating spaetzle and it shot out my nose. Now I am much more careful about what I'm consuming while reading it. Mostly I stick to milk.
18:45 PM December 15, 2012
A truly excellent blog. Funny, with a touch of Portland weirdness (who writes about how his wife's pee smells? Someone from Portland, that's who). It's been nice to read the impressions of another expat.