Oh God, My Wife Is German
Latest Blog Posts »
- German-American Couple Returns to Portland, Oregon, for the 2013 Holiday Season 4 days ago The Wife and I flew back to the United States for the holidays this year. We spent Christmas in Portland, Oregon, and New Year’s in Cannon Beach. You know what was weird about being back home? The fact that it … Continue reading →
- American Expat in Germany Experiences His First 'Green Cabbage Walk' (Grünkohlwanderung) 1 week ago Winters in Germany last a long time, and by long, I mean like half the year. They are cold, windy and darker than your worst nightmare. As a result, there are lots of fun social traditions during the winter months … Continue reading →
- My German Wife Attempts to Reheat A Soft Boiled Egg in the Microwave 2 weeks ago My German wife and I like to eat a few soft boiled eggs for brunch on the weekends, but sometimes we make too many, and one egg goes uneaten. Being the stingy nerds we are, we always save the remaining … Continue reading →
- My Wife Talks About Apartment Hunting in Hannover, Germany 3 weeks ago Over a year an a half ago, The Wife and I experienced a hyper stressful time in which I was pulling the plug on my life in America and moving to Germany, and how she was simultaneously starting her new … Continue reading →
- My German Wife Corrects My Limited and Highly Inappropriate Use of the German Language 1 month ago Learning German is hard. We all know that. But back when I was in my first German class in 2012, I remember learning a few basics about grammar and verb conjugation, and thinking to myself, “Hey, maybe I’m making some … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Germany Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Germany!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 15 reviews on Oh God, My Wife Is German
23:08 PM November 23, 2012
Two-fisted tales of Teutonic terror!!
16:43 PM December 11, 2012
Haven't read one of his text blogs that hasn't at least made me smile; most of the entries have made me laugh. The photo tours are always fun as well and still incorporate a great sense of humor
17:31 PM December 11, 2012
Smart and funny - if Dave Barry had married a German, this is probably how his blog would look.
18:20 PM December 11, 2012
Funny and fresh and irreverent. What's not to like? I especially enjoy the pictures that lead off the blog.
19:25 PM December 11, 2012
It is so fun to look at Germany from the eyes of an ex-American. Always makes me smile and often allows me into his thinking and the learning process he is going through in his new land.
20:04 PM December 11, 2012
Creative, funny, and original. It even inspired me to start my own German-American blog!
21:26 PM December 11, 2012
Such a fantastic blog! Every time I wander over it ends in laughter. As a fellow ex-pat I can totally relate to some of his experiences. Not to mention that it's nice to know that I'm not the only American navigating life in this strange land with a slightly warped sense of humor. Love it!
04:32 AM December 12, 2012
Never ceases to make me laugh -- often to the coffee-snorting stage, which is my personal Gold Standard!
13:11 PM December 12, 2012
Oh God my Wife is German is a great, quick, funny and informative expat blog. I also live in Germany and I giggle everytime I read one of the updates.
17:56 PM December 12, 2012
Absolutely fantastic blog. Reading this blog from a German stand point and understanding the language differences is just hilarious.
01:14 AM December 13, 2012
Funny and poignant at the same time. I "feel the love" between these two people and laugh at the same time.
15:58 PM December 13, 2012
I've shed tears and nearly peed myself. This blog is FUNNY!
16:26 PM December 13, 2012
This is always funny, and will make anyone who has a vague knowledge of Germany smile!
17:06 PM December 13, 2012
One time I was reading this blog while eating spaetzle and it shot out my nose. Now I am much more careful about what I'm consuming while reading it. Mostly I stick to milk.
18:45 PM December 15, 2012
A truly excellent blog. Funny, with a touch of Portland weirdness (who writes about how his wife's pee smells? Someone from Portland, that's who). It's been nice to read the impressions of another expat.