Oh God, My Wife Is German
Latest Blog Posts »
- An American Man in Germany Finally Sits Down to Pee 3 days ago I have never been the sort of man who sits down when he pees. Quite the contrary, in fact. I have always taken great pride in my ability to remain standing while exorcising my bladder demons: the stance, the posture, … Continue reading →
- American Expat in Germany Moves to the Suburbs and Promptly Drinks the Kool-Aid 1 week ago I’ve done a lot of complaining about the horrible neighbors in our apartment building here in Hannover, Germany, but not anymore! My German wife found us a sweet house to rent, located in the suburbs outside the city. Have you … Continue reading →
- American Expat and His German Wife Return to the Hannover Adventure Zoo 2 weeks ago This summer, my German wife and I returned for the second time to the Hannover Adventure Zoo. We were blown away all over again! The place is just so badass! It’s huge, with tons of wildlife, and they even have … Continue reading →
- My German Wife Kills Two Birds with One Stone 3 weeks ago Toward the end of 2012, my German wife and I were cleaning our former apartment in Hannover, Germany, before our dear friend Looney Tunes came for a visit from the States. We wanted the place to look really nice, you … Continue reading →
- Why Americans Don't Like Soccer - One Opinion from an American Expat in Germany 1 month ago It wasn’t until I moved to Germany, but especially since the 2014 FIFA World Cup, that I actually watched a single game of soccer. Okay, so technically I’d seen a few games before — one in Portland and another one … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Germany Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Germany!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 15 reviews on Oh God, My Wife Is German
23:08 PM November 23, 2012
Two-fisted tales of Teutonic terror!!
16:43 PM December 11, 2012
Haven't read one of his text blogs that hasn't at least made me smile; most of the entries have made me laugh. The photo tours are always fun as well and still incorporate a great sense of humor
17:31 PM December 11, 2012
Smart and funny - if Dave Barry had married a German, this is probably how his blog would look.
18:20 PM December 11, 2012
Funny and fresh and irreverent. What's not to like? I especially enjoy the pictures that lead off the blog.
19:25 PM December 11, 2012
It is so fun to look at Germany from the eyes of an ex-American. Always makes me smile and often allows me into his thinking and the learning process he is going through in his new land.
20:04 PM December 11, 2012
Creative, funny, and original. It even inspired me to start my own German-American blog!
21:26 PM December 11, 2012
Such a fantastic blog! Every time I wander over it ends in laughter. As a fellow ex-pat I can totally relate to some of his experiences. Not to mention that it's nice to know that I'm not the only American navigating life in this strange land with a slightly warped sense of humor. Love it!
04:32 AM December 12, 2012
Never ceases to make me laugh -- often to the coffee-snorting stage, which is my personal Gold Standard!
13:11 PM December 12, 2012
Oh God my Wife is German is a great, quick, funny and informative expat blog. I also live in Germany and I giggle everytime I read one of the updates.
17:56 PM December 12, 2012
Absolutely fantastic blog. Reading this blog from a German stand point and understanding the language differences is just hilarious.
01:14 AM December 13, 2012
Funny and poignant at the same time. I "feel the love" between these two people and laugh at the same time.
15:58 PM December 13, 2012
I've shed tears and nearly peed myself. This blog is FUNNY!
16:26 PM December 13, 2012
This is always funny, and will make anyone who has a vague knowledge of Germany smile!
17:06 PM December 13, 2012
One time I was reading this blog while eating spaetzle and it shot out my nose. Now I am much more careful about what I'm consuming while reading it. Mostly I stick to milk.
18:45 PM December 15, 2012
A truly excellent blog. Funny, with a touch of Portland weirdness (who writes about how his wife's pee smells? Someone from Portland, that's who). It's been nice to read the impressions of another expat.