American in Spain
Latest Blog Posts »
- La Otra Carta - Horrible Spanish IKEA Ad 3 days ago Swedish furniture giant, IKEA, has released a commercial in Spain that has quickly gone viral around El Internet. It’s meant to be a tearjerker, and it is, if you suspend all your critical faculties and ignore the underlying message. It only came to my attention because my daughter’s...
- Facebook to Introduce Enemies List 1 week ago MENLO PARK, CA – At a press conference and Q&A session held at Facebook’s corporate headquarters in California today, Mark Zuckerberg, the founder and CEO of the biggest and most important social network in history, admitted that there may be plans to release a new feature of the website: The...
- iOS Game Review 1 week ago I go through ebbs and flows of iOS gaming. As my previous iPhone 4 slowly aged into oblivion, I weaned myself off of gaming, and I’ve since been reluctant to start back. I used to play quite a bit of the FIFA games, although they have messed with the controls, and I have sort of […] Related...
- Tarkarí - The Best Restaurant in Colindres 1 week ago Due to a lucky bit of childlessness this weekend, my wife and I were finally able to try the best restaurant in town, which opened less than a year ago, I think. It’s a place called Tarkarí. The name comes from an Indian curry, the chef is Venezuelan, but the food is Italian, although perhaps...
- Karpin Abentura - Basque Mountain Zoo and Dinosaur Park 2 weeks ago Ever since my daughter’s preschool class took a field trip there two years ago, Karpin Abentura has been on our list of places to take the kids for a day. A couple Sundays ago we finally pulled the trigger and went there. It was a lot closer than we thought, only a thirty minute drive...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on American in Spain
19:31 PM November 26, 2012
It is a great blog, covering a wide-range of topics. What I like about it is that Erik makes important points or deep reflections about his home country and being an expat without being offensive to either. And his extremely cute daughter is everyone's experience of expat children!
20:13 PM November 26, 2012
Erik's blog is informative, witty, and a treat to read! I love hearing about his adventures with his daughter, who's super cute and intelligent! If you're an expat in Spain (or just are curious about us!), his blog is a must read.
21:07 PM November 26, 2012
Erik has a way of looking at the world that is informed, interesting, and inspiring. No subjects are off-topic for this blog, from observing his young daughter's grasp of two languages to the vibrant political situation in Spain and Europe to cooking something scrumptious for dinner to rediscovering a sunset in the town he calls home. His musings on expat life are honest, and as an expat I feel they are often peering into my own experience; he has a knack for touching on universal themes. I fall into Spanish life when reading his blog. Keen observation and often pithy language make this blog a delight to read. Well done to Erik!
13:45 PM November 27, 2012
What I like about Erik's blog is you really feel like he is living the dream with food, travel and family at the heart of a Spanish odyssey. Also his work rate is incredible. Not sure what his second job is because his first job seems to be blogging about his family and Spain.
22:48 PM November 27, 2012
If you are pressed for time, then visit Erik's blog for the pictures. Erik's keen interest in photography adds tremendous visual appeal to his blog. Still, it would be a shame to miss out on his remarkable insights on Spain, parenthood, and the expatriate experience. But his blog is not wedded to the expatriate theme; some of his best posts (if you don't count the ones on his daughter) relate his observations on random, unexpected topics.