Latest Blog Posts »
- Best Bites in La Coruña 12 hours ago I never could have imagined that a town of only 244,000 people could be filled with so many spectacular things to eat. From ridiculously fresh scallops to melt-in-your-mouth local cheese, I was smitten with the food in La Coruña from day one. The more time I spend in Galicia, the more I realize...
- Chicken in Almond Sauce Recipe (Pollo en Pepitoria) 1 day ago Cooking is my therapy. I love every minute of it— from buying the right ingredients to chopping and mincing, boiling and baking, and, finally, serving and eating. The only part I despise is cleaning up (does anyone like that part?). But one of the best parts of cooking is the first time you...
- A Local's Rules for How to Spot a Great Restaurant in Spain 3 days ago With more bars per capita than any other country in the world, Spain is definitely not lacking in eating options. In fact, the sheer number of bars and restaurants in Spain can sometimes be a bit overwhelming. Which one should I choose? How can I know I’m picking a good one? What if my worst...
- Catalan Fish Stew (Suquet de Peix Recipe) 4 days ago Growing up in Massachusetts meant that fresh fish and seafood was a staple of summer. Creamy clam chowder, fried clam rolls, tiny bay scallops, boiled lobsters, briny oysters– why did I ever leave?! Luckily, Spain gives New England a run for its money when it comes to all things seafood. Razor...
- A Short History Of Spanish Paprika 6 days ago It’s the spice that makes chorizo red, stews hearty, bravas sauce spicy, Galician octopus smokey and mojo picón sauce fiery. Pimentón, aka Spanish paprika, is as fundamental to Spanish cooking as black pepper is to the kitchens across the US. But it wasn’t always that way… Spaniards have...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 18 reviews on Spanish Sabores
16:00 PM December 02, 2012
I really like this blog. Interested articles, nice suggested and reviewed restaurants, and beautiful trips to do!
16:07 PM December 02, 2012
16:09 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is so helpful! You can tell she really puts a lot of time and effort into it (both of them, actually). She's really passionate about both food and Spain, and it shows in her writing.
16:18 PM December 02, 2012
16:30 PM December 02, 2012
I love the Spanish Sabores blog! Lauren offers excellent information on Spain and her food posts make me want to just take a food tour of Spain. I consider Spanish Sabores as a leading blog on all things Spain.
16:40 PM December 02, 2012
Informative and inspirational. Lauren writes beautifully about Spanish culture and cuisine.
17:52 PM December 02, 2012
I have used Lauren's blog many times to find great recommendations on restaurants and activities to do in and outside of Madrid!
19:24 PM December 02, 2012
It was helpful when I moved to Madrid and it is still helpful now that I have left!
21:03 PM December 02, 2012
Fantastic blog for recipes, travel tips and insightful advice for expat living in Madrid!
21:50 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is an insightful and personal view into Spain and Spanish life. I love reading to see her recommendations of places to eat and visit. But perhaps my favorite part is her stories about her life and experiences as an expat. An outstanding blog!
23:21 PM December 02, 2012
I've made so many awesome things with recipes from this blog. She basically saved my thanksgiving too. AMAZING!
06:45 AM December 03, 2012
Lauren´s blog is a beautyful way to discover the taste and culture of Spain.
06:50 AM December 03, 2012
Everytime I visit Spanish Sabores, it makes me hungry. Love the articles, the photos, and the recipes!
11:16 AM December 03, 2012
Great blog! Lots of useful info.
16:38 PM December 04, 2012
My absolute favourite Madrid blog. Gorgeous photos, and excellent tips for the whole area around Madrid. My first stop for information about Madrid, or just to look at the food!
15:12 PM December 05, 2012
Lauren is always writing about interesting food and new experiences - I don't live in Madrid, but I love reading her blog! The photos are great too.
17:24 PM December 14, 2012
Lauren really manages to capture the beauty of the Spanish culture. Her perspective is incredibly helpful as you get to see Spain from the perspective of an American "local". Her site has proved to be a go-to source for hidden treasures in Spain!
08:19 AM December 19, 2012
Lauren´s love of Spain and all things Spanish shines out of her photos and writings, great visuals, great reads, love it.