Latest Blog Posts »
- Farm-to-Table Winery Escape: Wine & Cava Day Trip from Barcelona 3 days ago I recently had the chance to take Devour Barcelona’s winery day trip— one of the first tours I didn’t have a heavy hand in planning myself. It’s hard to let go– Devour is my baby after all– but this excellent tour was proof that the time has come! What am I doing in Barcelona? I’ve...
- Watermelon Mint Gazpacho Recipe: A 10-Minute Summer Recipe 1 week ago There is nothing in the world quite like an ice-cold glass of Spanish gazpacho on a sweltering summer day. This watermelon mint gazpacho recipe is gaining popularity in Spanish restaurants as a delicious way to cool off during the hot Spanish summers! Gazpacho in Spain is usually served in a...
- 4th of July Summer Sangria Recipe 1 week ago A refreshing a patriotic sangria recipe, just in time for the 4th of July! While 4th of July isn’t celebrated in Spain, I always try to make a special meal the weekend prior. My event is always a combination between American classics (my mom’s pasta salad!) and Spanish tapas (watermelon...
- Yes, We Can! An exploration into the Spanish obsession with canned food 1 month ago The first time my Italian friend visited Spain she was disgusted by the prospect of eating canned mussels, proudly proclaiming that in Italia, mussels are eaten only fresh from the sea. It made me think back to the days when I didn’t quite understand Spanish cuisine, a time when I also regarded...
- Eating Marrakech with Marrakech Food Tours 3 months ago Ever since starting a food tour company of my own, I take food tours wherever I go! I LOVE the concept of a food tour– great company, a passionate local guide, hidden places, smaller portions than you could get on your own, history and culture mixed in, delicious food, valuable insight, meeting...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 18 reviews on Spanish Sabores
16:00 PM December 02, 2012
I really like this blog. Interested articles, nice suggested and reviewed restaurants, and beautiful trips to do!
16:07 PM December 02, 2012
16:09 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is so helpful! You can tell she really puts a lot of time and effort into it (both of them, actually). She's really passionate about both food and Spain, and it shows in her writing.
16:18 PM December 02, 2012
16:30 PM December 02, 2012
I love the Spanish Sabores blog! Lauren offers excellent information on Spain and her food posts make me want to just take a food tour of Spain. I consider Spanish Sabores as a leading blog on all things Spain.
16:40 PM December 02, 2012
Informative and inspirational. Lauren writes beautifully about Spanish culture and cuisine.
17:52 PM December 02, 2012
I have used Lauren's blog many times to find great recommendations on restaurants and activities to do in and outside of Madrid!
19:24 PM December 02, 2012
It was helpful when I moved to Madrid and it is still helpful now that I have left!
21:03 PM December 02, 2012
Fantastic blog for recipes, travel tips and insightful advice for expat living in Madrid!
21:50 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is an insightful and personal view into Spain and Spanish life. I love reading to see her recommendations of places to eat and visit. But perhaps my favorite part is her stories about her life and experiences as an expat. An outstanding blog!
23:21 PM December 02, 2012
I've made so many awesome things with recipes from this blog. She basically saved my thanksgiving too. AMAZING!
06:45 AM December 03, 2012
Lauren´s blog is a beautyful way to discover the taste and culture of Spain.
06:50 AM December 03, 2012
Everytime I visit Spanish Sabores, it makes me hungry. Love the articles, the photos, and the recipes!
11:16 AM December 03, 2012
Great blog! Lots of useful info.
16:38 PM December 04, 2012
My absolute favourite Madrid blog. Gorgeous photos, and excellent tips for the whole area around Madrid. My first stop for information about Madrid, or just to look at the food!
15:12 PM December 05, 2012
Lauren is always writing about interesting food and new experiences - I don't live in Madrid, but I love reading her blog! The photos are great too.
17:24 PM December 14, 2012
Lauren really manages to capture the beauty of the Spanish culture. Her perspective is incredibly helpful as you get to see Spain from the perspective of an American "local". Her site has proved to be a go-to source for hidden treasures in Spain!
08:19 AM December 19, 2012
Lauren´s love of Spain and all things Spanish shines out of her photos and writings, great visuals, great reads, love it.