Latest Blog Posts »
- A Weekend Escape to Cercedilla 2 weeks ago It’s been a busy year so far (as expected!) launching new Devour Spain tours in Madrid, Barcelona, and Malaga, while also dealing with some of life’s surprises. After months of long days and frequent work trips, I needed a quick break to totally disconnect. Luckily, Madrid is surrounded by some...
- Devour Malaga Food Tours: Sharing Malaga's Best Tapas, Market & Wine! 2 months ago The first time I visited Malaga in 2007 was the first time I ate at a true tourist trap. I’d never remember where it was now (hopefully it closed down!), but I even have a blurry picture of our “tapas sampler” to prove it. Luckily, my work has been bringing me to Malaga over the […] The...
- Quesillo Canario Recipe: Canarian Style Flan 3 months ago One of the most delicious desserts I tasted in Tenerife was a traditional Canarian flan. I have a love-hate relationship with flan– sometimes it’s incredibly rich and creamy, and other times it’s like dry scrambled eggs. But in when I heard that quesillo Canario was a must try dessert in...
- 4 Unique Spanish Wines You Should Be Drinking Right Now 3 months ago Oh, the possibilities! If there was ever a time to pop the cork on wine from Spain, it’s now. Spanish wine is now the most popular wine in the world, beating out French wine exports for the first time in history. And you can snag a bottle for a third the price of its French counterparts! Yet...
- 7 Magical Mountain Escapes in Spain 3 months ago Madrid and Barcelona are amazing cities, but neither of these vibrant metropolises can hold a candle to the rejuvenating powers of rural Spain. Luckily, as the second most mountainous country in Europe, there is no shortage of spectacular scenery and pure, fresh mountain air waiting just outside...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 18 reviews on Spanish Sabores
16:00 PM December 02, 2012
I really like this blog. Interested articles, nice suggested and reviewed restaurants, and beautiful trips to do!
16:07 PM December 02, 2012
16:09 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is so helpful! You can tell she really puts a lot of time and effort into it (both of them, actually). She's really passionate about both food and Spain, and it shows in her writing.
16:18 PM December 02, 2012
16:30 PM December 02, 2012
I love the Spanish Sabores blog! Lauren offers excellent information on Spain and her food posts make me want to just take a food tour of Spain. I consider Spanish Sabores as a leading blog on all things Spain.
16:40 PM December 02, 2012
Informative and inspirational. Lauren writes beautifully about Spanish culture and cuisine.
17:52 PM December 02, 2012
I have used Lauren's blog many times to find great recommendations on restaurants and activities to do in and outside of Madrid!
19:24 PM December 02, 2012
It was helpful when I moved to Madrid and it is still helpful now that I have left!
21:03 PM December 02, 2012
Fantastic blog for recipes, travel tips and insightful advice for expat living in Madrid!
21:50 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is an insightful and personal view into Spain and Spanish life. I love reading to see her recommendations of places to eat and visit. But perhaps my favorite part is her stories about her life and experiences as an expat. An outstanding blog!
23:21 PM December 02, 2012
I've made so many awesome things with recipes from this blog. She basically saved my thanksgiving too. AMAZING!
06:45 AM December 03, 2012
Lauren´s blog is a beautyful way to discover the taste and culture of Spain.
06:50 AM December 03, 2012
Everytime I visit Spanish Sabores, it makes me hungry. Love the articles, the photos, and the recipes!
11:16 AM December 03, 2012
Great blog! Lots of useful info.
16:38 PM December 04, 2012
My absolute favourite Madrid blog. Gorgeous photos, and excellent tips for the whole area around Madrid. My first stop for information about Madrid, or just to look at the food!
15:12 PM December 05, 2012
Lauren is always writing about interesting food and new experiences - I don't live in Madrid, but I love reading her blog! The photos are great too.
17:24 PM December 14, 2012
Lauren really manages to capture the beauty of the Spanish culture. Her perspective is incredibly helpful as you get to see Spain from the perspective of an American "local". Her site has proved to be a go-to source for hidden treasures in Spain!
08:19 AM December 19, 2012
Lauren´s love of Spain and all things Spanish shines out of her photos and writings, great visuals, great reads, love it.