Latest Blog Posts »
- Super Simple Pan con Tomate Recipe - Delicious and Quick Grilled Tomato Bread 47 minutes ago Pan con tomate, also known in Spain as pan tumaca or pa amb tomàquet in Catalan, is toasted bread topped with juicy tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, and salt. In Spain, pan con tomate is (almost!) its own food group. Its rich social value lies in its use as a favorite mid-morning snack...
- Lentejas con Chorizo Recipe (Simple Spanish Lentil Soup) 3 days ago The first time I tried Spanish lentejas con chorizo I was studying abroad in Granada. My host mom, Josefina, served me a heaping plate of hot lentil soup, and proceeded to add a healthy splash of sherry vinegar. My first bite of Josefina’s lentejas was memorable– she wasn’t a great cook, but...
- Spanish Tomato Sauce Recipe (Salsa de Tomate) 1 week ago One of the first sauces I’ve learned in culinary school in Spain is salsa de tomate — a classic Spanish tomato sauce recipe. What makes Spanish tomato sauce different than other versions is the use of onions and carrots– and also a sneaky sprinkle of flour. I’ll be honest– I was...
- 5 Essential Tips for Visiting the Alhambra Palace in Granada 1 week ago The Alhambra Palace, located in the Andalusian city of Granada, is one of Spain’s most iconic monuments. Perched atop a plateau in the ancient Albaicín neighborhood, this massive architectural complex dates back to AD 889. It’s Spain’s most visited tourist attraction and the country’s...
- What to See in Toledo: 16 Can't Miss Sights 3 weeks ago Wondering what to see in Toledo? Spain expert Ewan breaks down the top sights! Perched majestically on the banks of the river Tagus, Toledo is truly a city of three cultures. Medieval Jewish and Muslim heritage sits side-by-side with Christian churches in this “Imperial City”. At the peak of...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 18 reviews on Spanish Sabores
16:00 PM December 02, 2012
I really like this blog. Interested articles, nice suggested and reviewed restaurants, and beautiful trips to do!
16:07 PM December 02, 2012
16:09 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is so helpful! You can tell she really puts a lot of time and effort into it (both of them, actually). She's really passionate about both food and Spain, and it shows in her writing.
16:18 PM December 02, 2012
16:30 PM December 02, 2012
I love the Spanish Sabores blog! Lauren offers excellent information on Spain and her food posts make me want to just take a food tour of Spain. I consider Spanish Sabores as a leading blog on all things Spain.
16:40 PM December 02, 2012
Informative and inspirational. Lauren writes beautifully about Spanish culture and cuisine.
17:52 PM December 02, 2012
I have used Lauren's blog many times to find great recommendations on restaurants and activities to do in and outside of Madrid!
19:24 PM December 02, 2012
It was helpful when I moved to Madrid and it is still helpful now that I have left!
21:03 PM December 02, 2012
Fantastic blog for recipes, travel tips and insightful advice for expat living in Madrid!
21:50 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is an insightful and personal view into Spain and Spanish life. I love reading to see her recommendations of places to eat and visit. But perhaps my favorite part is her stories about her life and experiences as an expat. An outstanding blog!
23:21 PM December 02, 2012
I've made so many awesome things with recipes from this blog. She basically saved my thanksgiving too. AMAZING!
06:45 AM December 03, 2012
Lauren´s blog is a beautyful way to discover the taste and culture of Spain.
06:50 AM December 03, 2012
Everytime I visit Spanish Sabores, it makes me hungry. Love the articles, the photos, and the recipes!
11:16 AM December 03, 2012
Great blog! Lots of useful info.
16:38 PM December 04, 2012
My absolute favourite Madrid blog. Gorgeous photos, and excellent tips for the whole area around Madrid. My first stop for information about Madrid, or just to look at the food!
15:12 PM December 05, 2012
Lauren is always writing about interesting food and new experiences - I don't live in Madrid, but I love reading her blog! The photos are great too.
17:24 PM December 14, 2012
Lauren really manages to capture the beauty of the Spanish culture. Her perspective is incredibly helpful as you get to see Spain from the perspective of an American "local". Her site has proved to be a go-to source for hidden treasures in Spain!
08:19 AM December 19, 2012
Lauren´s love of Spain and all things Spanish shines out of her photos and writings, great visuals, great reads, love it.