Latest Blog Posts »
- Warm Spiced Sangria 1 week ago This recipe for warm spiced sangria is the cocktail collision of my two homes, a bit of rural Massachusetts mixed with cosmopolitan Madrid. Delicious served hot or cold, it’s the perfect winter cocktail no matter where home may be! I’d never even heard of warm spiced sangria until I thought...
- Best Bites in Munich 1 week ago Munich is a city that I could picture living in, and I rarely feel that way. Pretty and quaint, it boasts a lively central market, an enormous park, and a people who love nothing more than sitting out on a terrace with a cold beer and a snack (which is often a pretzel bigger than my head!)....
- Athens Food Tour: Much More Than Moussaka 2 weeks ago Walk along any of Athens’ central streets and you’re bombarded with restaurants offering “traditional Greek food”. Souvlaki, gyros, moussaka, greek salad, and baklava are peddled by smiling waiters standing in the street, beckoning you inside. But akin to the “traditional” restaurants...
- Best Fish in Basque Country: Meson Arropain 4 weeks ago The picture perfect town of Lekeitio has more to offer than stunning views and small town charm. It’s also home to what may very well be the best fish in Basque Country– and that’s saying a lot in the food-obsessed culture of Bizkaia! Meson Arropain is a quaint Basque restaurant on the...
- Crumb: Creative Sandwiches in Conde Duque 1 month ago Conde Duque is a central Madrid neighborhood that seems to get cooler by the day– and more delicious too. New and exciting food businesses open regularly, like the Panic artisanal bread shop and the Queseria Condue Duque, a cheese shop run by Rubén from Queseria Cantagrullas. One of the many...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 18 reviews on Spanish Sabores
16:00 PM December 02, 2012
I really like this blog. Interested articles, nice suggested and reviewed restaurants, and beautiful trips to do!
16:07 PM December 02, 2012
16:09 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is so helpful! You can tell she really puts a lot of time and effort into it (both of them, actually). She's really passionate about both food and Spain, and it shows in her writing.
16:18 PM December 02, 2012
16:30 PM December 02, 2012
I love the Spanish Sabores blog! Lauren offers excellent information on Spain and her food posts make me want to just take a food tour of Spain. I consider Spanish Sabores as a leading blog on all things Spain.
16:40 PM December 02, 2012
Informative and inspirational. Lauren writes beautifully about Spanish culture and cuisine.
17:52 PM December 02, 2012
I have used Lauren's blog many times to find great recommendations on restaurants and activities to do in and outside of Madrid!
19:24 PM December 02, 2012
It was helpful when I moved to Madrid and it is still helpful now that I have left!
21:03 PM December 02, 2012
Fantastic blog for recipes, travel tips and insightful advice for expat living in Madrid!
21:50 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is an insightful and personal view into Spain and Spanish life. I love reading to see her recommendations of places to eat and visit. But perhaps my favorite part is her stories about her life and experiences as an expat. An outstanding blog!
23:21 PM December 02, 2012
I've made so many awesome things with recipes from this blog. She basically saved my thanksgiving too. AMAZING!
06:45 AM December 03, 2012
Lauren´s blog is a beautyful way to discover the taste and culture of Spain.
06:50 AM December 03, 2012
Everytime I visit Spanish Sabores, it makes me hungry. Love the articles, the photos, and the recipes!
11:16 AM December 03, 2012
Great blog! Lots of useful info.
16:38 PM December 04, 2012
My absolute favourite Madrid blog. Gorgeous photos, and excellent tips for the whole area around Madrid. My first stop for information about Madrid, or just to look at the food!
15:12 PM December 05, 2012
Lauren is always writing about interesting food and new experiences - I don't live in Madrid, but I love reading her blog! The photos are great too.
17:24 PM December 14, 2012
Lauren really manages to capture the beauty of the Spanish culture. Her perspective is incredibly helpful as you get to see Spain from the perspective of an American "local". Her site has proved to be a go-to source for hidden treasures in Spain!
08:19 AM December 19, 2012
Lauren´s love of Spain and all things Spanish shines out of her photos and writings, great visuals, great reads, love it.