Latest Blog Posts »
- Best Bites in Galicia 1 week ago Madrid has a soft spot for Galicia, as it’s a region that many people living in the capital call home. Starting the in 1950’s, Madrid received a boom of Gallegos in search of a better life in the big city. Today there are an estimated 350,000 people born in Galicia living in Madrid. This is...
- The Best Places to See Flamenco in Seville 2 months ago Seeing a flamenco show in Seville is an absolute must, along with eating tapas and drinking sherry wine! Touristy? Sure– depending on where you go. While the best, most professional shows are indeed put on for tourists, it is this tourism that helps keep this tradition alive. Seville is often...
- A Stargazing Hotel in Asturias: L'Observatoriu 3 months ago I can’t believe it’s already been a year since I took one of the most amazing trips of my life, a week in Asturias. Where’s Asturias, you ask? Located less than four hours north-west of Madrid, it’s often called “Green Spain” because of its bright green landscapes– reminiscent of...
- Malaga Gastro Guide: Where to Eat in Malaga 4 months ago I still remember my first “tapas” meal in Malaga back in 2007. I was visiting Malaga for the first time and had no idea what to expect– I’d barely been in Spain a month. Three minuscule clay dishes later, I made the conclusion that tapas in Malaga left a lot to be desired. Little did...
- 3 Spanish Road Trips for Wine Lovers 4 months ago Spanish wine country is pretty incredible, spanning 69 official Denominaciones de Origen (appellations of origin), and plenty of other non-DO zones. Climates vary from maritime in the northwest, to Mediterranean on the east coast, and continental in the central Meseta, meaning there is a wide and...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 18 reviews on Spanish Sabores
16:00 PM December 02, 2012
I really like this blog. Interested articles, nice suggested and reviewed restaurants, and beautiful trips to do!
16:07 PM December 02, 2012
16:09 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is so helpful! You can tell she really puts a lot of time and effort into it (both of them, actually). She's really passionate about both food and Spain, and it shows in her writing.
16:18 PM December 02, 2012
16:30 PM December 02, 2012
I love the Spanish Sabores blog! Lauren offers excellent information on Spain and her food posts make me want to just take a food tour of Spain. I consider Spanish Sabores as a leading blog on all things Spain.
16:40 PM December 02, 2012
Informative and inspirational. Lauren writes beautifully about Spanish culture and cuisine.
17:52 PM December 02, 2012
I have used Lauren's blog many times to find great recommendations on restaurants and activities to do in and outside of Madrid!
19:24 PM December 02, 2012
It was helpful when I moved to Madrid and it is still helpful now that I have left!
21:03 PM December 02, 2012
Fantastic blog for recipes, travel tips and insightful advice for expat living in Madrid!
21:50 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is an insightful and personal view into Spain and Spanish life. I love reading to see her recommendations of places to eat and visit. But perhaps my favorite part is her stories about her life and experiences as an expat. An outstanding blog!
23:21 PM December 02, 2012
I've made so many awesome things with recipes from this blog. She basically saved my thanksgiving too. AMAZING!
06:45 AM December 03, 2012
Lauren´s blog is a beautyful way to discover the taste and culture of Spain.
06:50 AM December 03, 2012
Everytime I visit Spanish Sabores, it makes me hungry. Love the articles, the photos, and the recipes!
11:16 AM December 03, 2012
Great blog! Lots of useful info.
16:38 PM December 04, 2012
My absolute favourite Madrid blog. Gorgeous photos, and excellent tips for the whole area around Madrid. My first stop for information about Madrid, or just to look at the food!
15:12 PM December 05, 2012
Lauren is always writing about interesting food and new experiences - I don't live in Madrid, but I love reading her blog! The photos are great too.
17:24 PM December 14, 2012
Lauren really manages to capture the beauty of the Spanish culture. Her perspective is incredibly helpful as you get to see Spain from the perspective of an American "local". Her site has proved to be a go-to source for hidden treasures in Spain!
08:19 AM December 19, 2012
Lauren´s love of Spain and all things Spanish shines out of her photos and writings, great visuals, great reads, love it.