Latest Blog Posts »
- Hake with Onions and Dill (Merluza Encebollada con Eneldo) 1 day ago People on my food tours are always fascinated to find that fish plays such an important role in the Madrileño cuisine. As a very central capital (located about three hours or so from the Spanish coast) I understand their confusion. But the fact is, you can get excellent quality fish and seafood in...
- Pinch-Arte: A Romantic Spot for Dinner in Madrid 5 days ago Alejandro and I eat out so often that it’s sometimes difficult to distinguish between working and relaxing! I’m not complaining (I love what I do), and even when I end up planning a relaxing meal some sort of picture is going to be taken (I can’t help it!). But every so often we stumble on...
- Highlights of Berlin: Sights and Bites 1 week ago Berlin is an enormous city, one that deserves weeks, if not months to truly take in. I was visiting for a scant three days, and arrived home each night with my feet aching and my body exhausted– I prefer seeing cities on foot, which was probably a bad idea in retrospect. But Berlin is a...
- The 12 Essential Galician Seafood Catches 2 weeks ago Already imagining my next Spanish road trip, Alejandro and I have decided it will almost certainly be a trip to Galicia, a land virtually unknown to the both of us. Technically we’ve both been, but neither of us spent enough time to actually enjoy the trip (or taste some of the amazing Galician...
- La Azotea Sevilla: Getting Things Right 2 weeks ago I can’t tell you how many times I hear about a great new restaurant here in Madrid and when I finally get the chance to go, it sucks. Overpriced, unoriginal, and simply mediocre has become a sort of normal in this city where new restaurants open every week. Often, I try to give a bad [...]The...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 18 reviews on Spanish Sabores
16:00 PM December 02, 2012
I really like this blog. Interested articles, nice suggested and reviewed restaurants, and beautiful trips to do!
16:07 PM December 02, 2012
16:09 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is so helpful! You can tell she really puts a lot of time and effort into it (both of them, actually). She's really passionate about both food and Spain, and it shows in her writing.
16:18 PM December 02, 2012
16:30 PM December 02, 2012
I love the Spanish Sabores blog! Lauren offers excellent information on Spain and her food posts make me want to just take a food tour of Spain. I consider Spanish Sabores as a leading blog on all things Spain.
16:40 PM December 02, 2012
Informative and inspirational. Lauren writes beautifully about Spanish culture and cuisine.
17:52 PM December 02, 2012
I have used Lauren's blog many times to find great recommendations on restaurants and activities to do in and outside of Madrid!
19:24 PM December 02, 2012
It was helpful when I moved to Madrid and it is still helpful now that I have left!
21:03 PM December 02, 2012
Fantastic blog for recipes, travel tips and insightful advice for expat living in Madrid!
21:50 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is an insightful and personal view into Spain and Spanish life. I love reading to see her recommendations of places to eat and visit. But perhaps my favorite part is her stories about her life and experiences as an expat. An outstanding blog!
23:21 PM December 02, 2012
I've made so many awesome things with recipes from this blog. She basically saved my thanksgiving too. AMAZING!
06:45 AM December 03, 2012
Lauren´s blog is a beautyful way to discover the taste and culture of Spain.
06:50 AM December 03, 2012
Everytime I visit Spanish Sabores, it makes me hungry. Love the articles, the photos, and the recipes!
11:16 AM December 03, 2012
Great blog! Lots of useful info.
16:38 PM December 04, 2012
My absolute favourite Madrid blog. Gorgeous photos, and excellent tips for the whole area around Madrid. My first stop for information about Madrid, or just to look at the food!
15:12 PM December 05, 2012
Lauren is always writing about interesting food and new experiences - I don't live in Madrid, but I love reading her blog! The photos are great too.
17:24 PM December 14, 2012
Lauren really manages to capture the beauty of the Spanish culture. Her perspective is incredibly helpful as you get to see Spain from the perspective of an American "local". Her site has proved to be a go-to source for hidden treasures in Spain!
08:19 AM December 19, 2012
Lauren´s love of Spain and all things Spanish shines out of her photos and writings, great visuals, great reads, love it.