Latest Blog Posts »
- Spain Dining Guide: Spanish Menu Terminology 1 day ago Menus in Spain can be anything but straightforward. With strict social norms on when to eat, which type of foods and in which sizes, ordering at a restaurant can sometimes be downright difficult. But a few key Spanish words and bit of menu decoding and the joys of Spanish cuisine are ripe for the...
- Homemade Cheese Puffs with Sesame Seeds and Honey 1 day ago Cheese puffs. Until recently hearing this would have conjured up memories of childhood trips to the beach, always complete with a bag of Cheetos (among more heathy snacks like fresh fruit and tuna sandwiches). But recently I discovered that real cheese puffs– homemade cheese puffs— not only...
- Top 5 Wine Bars in Madrid 3 days ago Beer may still be the go-to beverage for most Madrileños, but Spanish wine is definitely starting to give the local cerveza a run for its money. As the calibre and variety of Spanish wines surges, so do the number and quality of wine bars in Madrid. Whether you’re a lover of bold reds or...
- Spain Dining Guide: What are Tapas? 1 week ago If the world knows one thing about eating in Spain, it’s tapas. But what exactly are tapas? If you ask ten Spaniards that question you will undoubtably get ten different answers. Some tapas are plate-sized, some are bite-sized. Some are hot, some are cold. Some are free, some aren’t. Some...
- 14 Spanish Egg Dishes That Will Never Grace the Breakfast Table 1 week ago Eggs are a staple of the Spanish diet. But not in the way you might think. Whether they are fried, boiled, baked or scrambled, eggs dominate Spanish restaurant menus and traditional recipes. But there is one place you’ll never find eggs in Spain: On a breakfast menu. In Spain, eggs are hardly...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 18 reviews on Spanish Sabores
16:00 PM December 02, 2012
I really like this blog. Interested articles, nice suggested and reviewed restaurants, and beautiful trips to do!
16:07 PM December 02, 2012
16:09 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is so helpful! You can tell she really puts a lot of time and effort into it (both of them, actually). She's really passionate about both food and Spain, and it shows in her writing.
16:18 PM December 02, 2012
16:30 PM December 02, 2012
I love the Spanish Sabores blog! Lauren offers excellent information on Spain and her food posts make me want to just take a food tour of Spain. I consider Spanish Sabores as a leading blog on all things Spain.
16:40 PM December 02, 2012
Informative and inspirational. Lauren writes beautifully about Spanish culture and cuisine.
17:52 PM December 02, 2012
I have used Lauren's blog many times to find great recommendations on restaurants and activities to do in and outside of Madrid!
19:24 PM December 02, 2012
It was helpful when I moved to Madrid and it is still helpful now that I have left!
21:03 PM December 02, 2012
Fantastic blog for recipes, travel tips and insightful advice for expat living in Madrid!
21:50 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is an insightful and personal view into Spain and Spanish life. I love reading to see her recommendations of places to eat and visit. But perhaps my favorite part is her stories about her life and experiences as an expat. An outstanding blog!
23:21 PM December 02, 2012
I've made so many awesome things with recipes from this blog. She basically saved my thanksgiving too. AMAZING!
06:45 AM December 03, 2012
Lauren´s blog is a beautyful way to discover the taste and culture of Spain.
06:50 AM December 03, 2012
Everytime I visit Spanish Sabores, it makes me hungry. Love the articles, the photos, and the recipes!
11:16 AM December 03, 2012
Great blog! Lots of useful info.
16:38 PM December 04, 2012
My absolute favourite Madrid blog. Gorgeous photos, and excellent tips for the whole area around Madrid. My first stop for information about Madrid, or just to look at the food!
15:12 PM December 05, 2012
Lauren is always writing about interesting food and new experiences - I don't live in Madrid, but I love reading her blog! The photos are great too.
17:24 PM December 14, 2012
Lauren really manages to capture the beauty of the Spanish culture. Her perspective is incredibly helpful as you get to see Spain from the perspective of an American "local". Her site has proved to be a go-to source for hidden treasures in Spain!
08:19 AM December 19, 2012
Lauren´s love of Spain and all things Spanish shines out of her photos and writings, great visuals, great reads, love it.