Latest Blog Posts »
- La Pepita: A Barcelona Tapas Bar in Gracia 23 hours ago We had just arrived in Barcelona for a whirlwind four-day trip and we were absolutely starving. We were staying in the hip Gràcia neighborhood, home to plenty of restaurants, but I’d already scouted one out that was only steps away from our hotel. La Pepita is highly rated on sites like...
- La Toná: A Piece of Andalusia in Downtown Madrid 3 days ago I walk through Madrid’s historic taverns district nearly everyday, often stopping in some of my favorite tavernas with groups on a Madrid Food Tour. The area (mainly consisting of Calle Victoria, Calle de la Cruz, Calle Nuñez de Arce, Calle Álvarez Gato, and Plaza Santa Ana) is home to some...
- Can Cargol: Traditional Catalan Food in Barcelona 5 days ago When my friend Mariana told us to trust her when it came to our Barcelona dinner plans, I breathed a sigh of relief. I truly enjoy researching restaurants and (as a bit of a control freak) I like being in charge of where we go, but sometimes it’s nice to leave things to someone else! [...]The...
- Gambas al Ajillo Recipe (Spanish Garlic Shrimp) 6 days ago When my mother-in-law makes gambas al ajillo, everyone seems to be right on time for dinner. We scarf down our salmorejo and croquetas de jamón– first courses that are only a buffer before the true plato del día. Her gambas al ajillo are fantastic, rivaled only by the ones at Madrid’s famous...
- La Berenjena: A Quirky Food Oasis in Madrid 1 week ago La Berenjena is a small Madrid bar and one of those places that’s tricky to figure out. It’s tiny and uncomfortable, but at the same time friendly and delicious. It’s the opposite of some of the very cute and trendy places that most Madrid bloggers are currently raving about (it’s...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 18 reviews on Spanish Sabores
16:00 PM December 02, 2012
I really like this blog. Interested articles, nice suggested and reviewed restaurants, and beautiful trips to do!
16:07 PM December 02, 2012
16:09 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is so helpful! You can tell she really puts a lot of time and effort into it (both of them, actually). She's really passionate about both food and Spain, and it shows in her writing.
16:18 PM December 02, 2012
16:30 PM December 02, 2012
I love the Spanish Sabores blog! Lauren offers excellent information on Spain and her food posts make me want to just take a food tour of Spain. I consider Spanish Sabores as a leading blog on all things Spain.
16:40 PM December 02, 2012
Informative and inspirational. Lauren writes beautifully about Spanish culture and cuisine.
17:52 PM December 02, 2012
I have used Lauren's blog many times to find great recommendations on restaurants and activities to do in and outside of Madrid!
19:24 PM December 02, 2012
It was helpful when I moved to Madrid and it is still helpful now that I have left!
21:03 PM December 02, 2012
Fantastic blog for recipes, travel tips and insightful advice for expat living in Madrid!
21:50 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is an insightful and personal view into Spain and Spanish life. I love reading to see her recommendations of places to eat and visit. But perhaps my favorite part is her stories about her life and experiences as an expat. An outstanding blog!
23:21 PM December 02, 2012
I've made so many awesome things with recipes from this blog. She basically saved my thanksgiving too. AMAZING!
06:45 AM December 03, 2012
Lauren´s blog is a beautyful way to discover the taste and culture of Spain.
06:50 AM December 03, 2012
Everytime I visit Spanish Sabores, it makes me hungry. Love the articles, the photos, and the recipes!
11:16 AM December 03, 2012
Great blog! Lots of useful info.
16:38 PM December 04, 2012
My absolute favourite Madrid blog. Gorgeous photos, and excellent tips for the whole area around Madrid. My first stop for information about Madrid, or just to look at the food!
15:12 PM December 05, 2012
Lauren is always writing about interesting food and new experiences - I don't live in Madrid, but I love reading her blog! The photos are great too.
17:24 PM December 14, 2012
Lauren really manages to capture the beauty of the Spanish culture. Her perspective is incredibly helpful as you get to see Spain from the perspective of an American "local". Her site has proved to be a go-to source for hidden treasures in Spain!
08:19 AM December 19, 2012
Lauren´s love of Spain and all things Spanish shines out of her photos and writings, great visuals, great reads, love it.