Latest Blog Posts »
- A Guide to the Most Typical Spanish Tapas in Madrid 4 days ago Ask a hundred Spaniards “what is tapas?” and you’ll get a hundred different answers. For something so central to the Spanish way of eating, it can be a bewildering topic for visitors. Each city has its own tradition, from Basque pintxos stacked up along the bar to the big plates of free food...
- My Favorite Foodie Finds in Barcelona: Summer 2017 3 weeks ago Those of you who follow along on Facebook and Instagram know that I spent most of this summer living and working in Barcelona. The opportunity came about to focus on building and expanding our Devour Barcelona team, so my Devour Tours co-founder, James, and I spent the summer hiring new staff and...
- Tips for Visiting the Reina Sofia Museum in Madrid 1 month ago Of the three museums in Madrid’s “golden triangle” of art, the Reina Sofia is perhaps the most bewildering. That it hosts Picasso’s Guernica makes it an essential stop for any art lover in Madrid. But beyond that singular masterpiece, how should you approach the rest of its enormous...
- Top 20 Essential Spanish Recipes to Make at Home 1 month ago I’m still surprised when I visit a “Spanish” restaurant in the US and see so few authentic Spanish dishes on the menu. I’m a huge fan of fusion and adaptations– but I often doubt the chef knows what the original version is supposed to taste like! The beauty of traditional Spanish recipes...
- Tips for Visiting the Prado Museum in Madrid 2 months ago Today I’d like to introduce Spanish Sabores’ newest contributor, Ewan Bleiman. I first met Ewan through Devour Madrid— he designed and now leads our wonderful Prado Museum Tour. When my parents were in town this summer we took Ewan’s tour as guests and I was so proud– he is a talented...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 18 reviews on Spanish Sabores
16:00 PM December 02, 2012
I really like this blog. Interested articles, nice suggested and reviewed restaurants, and beautiful trips to do!
16:07 PM December 02, 2012
16:09 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is so helpful! You can tell she really puts a lot of time and effort into it (both of them, actually). She's really passionate about both food and Spain, and it shows in her writing.
16:18 PM December 02, 2012
16:30 PM December 02, 2012
I love the Spanish Sabores blog! Lauren offers excellent information on Spain and her food posts make me want to just take a food tour of Spain. I consider Spanish Sabores as a leading blog on all things Spain.
16:40 PM December 02, 2012
Informative and inspirational. Lauren writes beautifully about Spanish culture and cuisine.
17:52 PM December 02, 2012
I have used Lauren's blog many times to find great recommendations on restaurants and activities to do in and outside of Madrid!
19:24 PM December 02, 2012
It was helpful when I moved to Madrid and it is still helpful now that I have left!
21:03 PM December 02, 2012
Fantastic blog for recipes, travel tips and insightful advice for expat living in Madrid!
21:50 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is an insightful and personal view into Spain and Spanish life. I love reading to see her recommendations of places to eat and visit. But perhaps my favorite part is her stories about her life and experiences as an expat. An outstanding blog!
23:21 PM December 02, 2012
I've made so many awesome things with recipes from this blog. She basically saved my thanksgiving too. AMAZING!
06:45 AM December 03, 2012
Lauren´s blog is a beautyful way to discover the taste and culture of Spain.
06:50 AM December 03, 2012
Everytime I visit Spanish Sabores, it makes me hungry. Love the articles, the photos, and the recipes!
11:16 AM December 03, 2012
Great blog! Lots of useful info.
16:38 PM December 04, 2012
My absolute favourite Madrid blog. Gorgeous photos, and excellent tips for the whole area around Madrid. My first stop for information about Madrid, or just to look at the food!
15:12 PM December 05, 2012
Lauren is always writing about interesting food and new experiences - I don't live in Madrid, but I love reading her blog! The photos are great too.
17:24 PM December 14, 2012
Lauren really manages to capture the beauty of the Spanish culture. Her perspective is incredibly helpful as you get to see Spain from the perspective of an American "local". Her site has proved to be a go-to source for hidden treasures in Spain!
08:19 AM December 19, 2012
Lauren´s love of Spain and all things Spanish shines out of her photos and writings, great visuals, great reads, love it.