Latest Blog Posts »
- Eating Marrakech with Marrakech Food Tours 1 week ago Ever since starting a food tour company of my own, I take food tours wherever I go! I LOVE the concept of a food tour– great company, a passionate local guide, hidden places, smaller portions than you could get on your own, history and culture mixed in, delicious food, valuable insight, meeting...
- 3 Days in La Rioja for Food and Wine Lovers 2 weeks ago It took me seven years in Spain to finally explore the wineries of La Rioja— embarrassing, I know! The occasion was my 30th birthday, and my partners in crime were Alejandro and my mother, who had flown in to surprise me for the event. The irony? Neither are really into wine… So began my...
- Streat Catania: An Adventurous Street Food Tour in Catania 2 weeks ago I recently had the opportunity to attend a wine tourism conference (IWINETC) in Sicily, where I learned lots and got to meet some inspiring fellow wine tourism professionals. On the way to the conference, we spent a night in Catania, a gorgeous city that totally surprised me. I’d love to go back...
- Riad Romance: A Romantic Hotel for Foodies in Marrakech 3 weeks ago There are countless riads (B&Bs) in Marrakech and each looks more beautiful and charming than the next! Luckily, we stumbled upon Riad Romance— drawn in by the excellent reviews and mentions of true family-run hospitality. The reviews were right– owners Samira and Youness are lovely and...
- 9 Delicious Meatless Lent Recipes from Spain 3 weeks ago Contrary to what some may think, Spaniards have no problem with a meatless diet. Despite the fact that the country is famous for pork products, some of Spain’s most famous dishes are fish or vegetable based. Spain’s incredible coastline and countless farms and greenhouses mean that fresh fish,...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 18 reviews on Spanish Sabores
16:00 PM December 02, 2012
I really like this blog. Interested articles, nice suggested and reviewed restaurants, and beautiful trips to do!
16:07 PM December 02, 2012
16:09 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is so helpful! You can tell she really puts a lot of time and effort into it (both of them, actually). She's really passionate about both food and Spain, and it shows in her writing.
16:18 PM December 02, 2012
16:30 PM December 02, 2012
I love the Spanish Sabores blog! Lauren offers excellent information on Spain and her food posts make me want to just take a food tour of Spain. I consider Spanish Sabores as a leading blog on all things Spain.
16:40 PM December 02, 2012
Informative and inspirational. Lauren writes beautifully about Spanish culture and cuisine.
17:52 PM December 02, 2012
I have used Lauren's blog many times to find great recommendations on restaurants and activities to do in and outside of Madrid!
19:24 PM December 02, 2012
It was helpful when I moved to Madrid and it is still helpful now that I have left!
21:03 PM December 02, 2012
Fantastic blog for recipes, travel tips and insightful advice for expat living in Madrid!
21:50 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is an insightful and personal view into Spain and Spanish life. I love reading to see her recommendations of places to eat and visit. But perhaps my favorite part is her stories about her life and experiences as an expat. An outstanding blog!
23:21 PM December 02, 2012
I've made so many awesome things with recipes from this blog. She basically saved my thanksgiving too. AMAZING!
06:45 AM December 03, 2012
Lauren´s blog is a beautyful way to discover the taste and culture of Spain.
06:50 AM December 03, 2012
Everytime I visit Spanish Sabores, it makes me hungry. Love the articles, the photos, and the recipes!
11:16 AM December 03, 2012
Great blog! Lots of useful info.
16:38 PM December 04, 2012
My absolute favourite Madrid blog. Gorgeous photos, and excellent tips for the whole area around Madrid. My first stop for information about Madrid, or just to look at the food!
15:12 PM December 05, 2012
Lauren is always writing about interesting food and new experiences - I don't live in Madrid, but I love reading her blog! The photos are great too.
17:24 PM December 14, 2012
Lauren really manages to capture the beauty of the Spanish culture. Her perspective is incredibly helpful as you get to see Spain from the perspective of an American "local". Her site has proved to be a go-to source for hidden treasures in Spain!
08:19 AM December 19, 2012
Lauren´s love of Spain and all things Spanish shines out of her photos and writings, great visuals, great reads, love it.