Latest Blog Posts »
- Pinchos Morunos (Spanish Pork Skewers) 1 day ago Pinchos morunos are a welcome addition of spice and excitement to tapas menus all around Spain. These savory kebabs break the general rules of Spanish simplicity by soaking in a marinade of up to 20 different spices! The story behind this popular Spanish pincho is fascinating, and my recipe for...
- American Comfort Food with Renée of Devour Barcelona 1 week ago You might think that as an American myself I would be able to guess what my fellow countrymen (and women!) think of as American comfort food. That couldn’t be further from the truth. The United States is an enormous country with a countless number of delicious comfort foods to discover. Each...
- Patatas Aliñadas Recipe (Spanish Potato Salad) 2 weeks ago Patatas aliñadas is one of those dishes that doesn’t necessarily impress at first glance. It’s the type of recipe that is completely unforgiving when made with mediocre ingredients, and quite possibly one of the reasons many people return from Spain without truly understanding Spanish...
- Manchester Comfort Food with Spain for Pleasure 3 weeks ago Welcome to January everyone and hope you are keep warm (or cool) wherever you may be! Today on Comfort Food Fridays my guest is Josh, a young man who moved from Manchester to Granada, but still craves a taste of home every now and then! January is the perfect month to talk about UK comfort...
- Best Bites of 2014 3 weeks ago I often question whether Spanish Sabores is a travel blog about food or a food blog about travel. I couldn’t imagine travel without food– it’s an enormous part of my travel experience. But I couldn’t imagine LIFE without travel! So at the end of each year there’s no better way to recap...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 18 reviews on Spanish Sabores
16:00 PM December 02, 2012
I really like this blog. Interested articles, nice suggested and reviewed restaurants, and beautiful trips to do!
16:07 PM December 02, 2012
16:09 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is so helpful! You can tell she really puts a lot of time and effort into it (both of them, actually). She's really passionate about both food and Spain, and it shows in her writing.
16:18 PM December 02, 2012
16:30 PM December 02, 2012
I love the Spanish Sabores blog! Lauren offers excellent information on Spain and her food posts make me want to just take a food tour of Spain. I consider Spanish Sabores as a leading blog on all things Spain.
16:40 PM December 02, 2012
Informative and inspirational. Lauren writes beautifully about Spanish culture and cuisine.
17:52 PM December 02, 2012
I have used Lauren's blog many times to find great recommendations on restaurants and activities to do in and outside of Madrid!
19:24 PM December 02, 2012
It was helpful when I moved to Madrid and it is still helpful now that I have left!
21:03 PM December 02, 2012
Fantastic blog for recipes, travel tips and insightful advice for expat living in Madrid!
21:50 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is an insightful and personal view into Spain and Spanish life. I love reading to see her recommendations of places to eat and visit. But perhaps my favorite part is her stories about her life and experiences as an expat. An outstanding blog!
23:21 PM December 02, 2012
I've made so many awesome things with recipes from this blog. She basically saved my thanksgiving too. AMAZING!
06:45 AM December 03, 2012
Lauren´s blog is a beautyful way to discover the taste and culture of Spain.
06:50 AM December 03, 2012
Everytime I visit Spanish Sabores, it makes me hungry. Love the articles, the photos, and the recipes!
11:16 AM December 03, 2012
Great blog! Lots of useful info.
16:38 PM December 04, 2012
My absolute favourite Madrid blog. Gorgeous photos, and excellent tips for the whole area around Madrid. My first stop for information about Madrid, or just to look at the food!
15:12 PM December 05, 2012
Lauren is always writing about interesting food and new experiences - I don't live in Madrid, but I love reading her blog! The photos are great too.
17:24 PM December 14, 2012
Lauren really manages to capture the beauty of the Spanish culture. Her perspective is incredibly helpful as you get to see Spain from the perspective of an American "local". Her site has proved to be a go-to source for hidden treasures in Spain!
08:19 AM December 19, 2012
Lauren´s love of Spain and all things Spanish shines out of her photos and writings, great visuals, great reads, love it.