Latest Blog Posts »
- Spanish Vermouth 101: The Ultimate Guide to Spain's Most Popular Fortified Wine 2 days ago When you think of vermouth, you probably think of a bottle of bitter fortified wine, lingering for years at the back of your drinks cabinet to be used only occasionally in Martinis or Manhattans. Well, think again. Here in Spain, we drink vermouth neat. If that sounds unpleasant to you, don’t...
- 7 Reasons to Visit Central Portugal — A Gem Between Lisbon & Porto! 1 week ago In early October I received an exciting email inviting me on a trip to Central Portugal with the Portuguese travel agency Simply B. Based out of Porto, owners Sandra and Victor introduce visitors from all over the world to the delights of Portugal– focusing above all on Porto, Northern Portugal,...
- Pour & Pair: My Spanish-American Recipe for Sherry Week Blog! 1 month ago Happy International Sherry Week everyone! I’m honored to participate in this year’s Pour & Pair competition. But before I tell you what I poured, and what I paired… I want to tell you why! A question of identity I was born and raised in a small town in Massachusetts, and some my best food...
- Spanish Thanksgiving Dishes - My Best Ideas 1 month ago Spanish Thanksgiving dishes? But isn’t Thanksgiving an American (and Canadian!) holiday? Sure– that’s true, but as an American living in Spain, I’ve hosted more Thanksgivings here than back home! And I have some fantastic tips and recipes for Spanish Thanksgiving dishes. These may not be...
- Spanish Style Green Beans with Almonds & Anchovy Dressing 1 month ago I love anchovies. I didn’t use to love anchovies. But Spain has that effect on people. If you think you don’t like anchovies, try this recipe– it just might change your mind. This is my famous Spanish style green beans recipe, one that has made me a bit of a Thanksgiving celebrity. See if...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 18 reviews on Spanish Sabores
16:00 PM December 02, 2012
I really like this blog. Interested articles, nice suggested and reviewed restaurants, and beautiful trips to do!
16:07 PM December 02, 2012
16:09 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is so helpful! You can tell she really puts a lot of time and effort into it (both of them, actually). She's really passionate about both food and Spain, and it shows in her writing.
16:18 PM December 02, 2012
16:30 PM December 02, 2012
I love the Spanish Sabores blog! Lauren offers excellent information on Spain and her food posts make me want to just take a food tour of Spain. I consider Spanish Sabores as a leading blog on all things Spain.
16:40 PM December 02, 2012
Informative and inspirational. Lauren writes beautifully about Spanish culture and cuisine.
17:52 PM December 02, 2012
I have used Lauren's blog many times to find great recommendations on restaurants and activities to do in and outside of Madrid!
19:24 PM December 02, 2012
It was helpful when I moved to Madrid and it is still helpful now that I have left!
21:03 PM December 02, 2012
Fantastic blog for recipes, travel tips and insightful advice for expat living in Madrid!
21:50 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is an insightful and personal view into Spain and Spanish life. I love reading to see her recommendations of places to eat and visit. But perhaps my favorite part is her stories about her life and experiences as an expat. An outstanding blog!
23:21 PM December 02, 2012
I've made so many awesome things with recipes from this blog. She basically saved my thanksgiving too. AMAZING!
06:45 AM December 03, 2012
Lauren´s blog is a beautyful way to discover the taste and culture of Spain.
06:50 AM December 03, 2012
Everytime I visit Spanish Sabores, it makes me hungry. Love the articles, the photos, and the recipes!
11:16 AM December 03, 2012
Great blog! Lots of useful info.
16:38 PM December 04, 2012
My absolute favourite Madrid blog. Gorgeous photos, and excellent tips for the whole area around Madrid. My first stop for information about Madrid, or just to look at the food!
15:12 PM December 05, 2012
Lauren is always writing about interesting food and new experiences - I don't live in Madrid, but I love reading her blog! The photos are great too.
17:24 PM December 14, 2012
Lauren really manages to capture the beauty of the Spanish culture. Her perspective is incredibly helpful as you get to see Spain from the perspective of an American "local". Her site has proved to be a go-to source for hidden treasures in Spain!
08:19 AM December 19, 2012
Lauren´s love of Spain and all things Spanish shines out of her photos and writings, great visuals, great reads, love it.