Latest Blog Posts »
- Best Bites in Asturias 5 days ago Oh Asturias– where to even start? The meats? The cheeses? The seafood? The cider? This incredible part of northern Spain is as amazing as everyone told me it would be. From the bright green mountains with free range cattle grazing, to the tiny mountain towns with some of the best home cooked...
- Best Bites in Gran Canaria 2 weeks ago Are the Canary Islands more than just a place for northern Europeans to defrost? I asked myself this question multiple times before booking my trip to the tropical archipelago. Many people had warned me that while exploring the islands, it’s common to hear more German and English than Spanish....
- 7 Types of Spanish Cheese You Really Must Discover 2 weeks ago There are few things I love more than a great cheese plate, especially if that plate is piled high with Spanish cheese. Spain may not be as famous as its northern neighbor in the cheese world, but that is definitely due to a lack of marketing and not a lack of spectacular cheese! From creamy...
- Traditional Spanish Ceramics That Make Eating So Much Better 3 weeks ago Flaming clay pots, sharable glasses that shoot out perfect streams of wine, jugs that keep water cold on the hottest of days… the Spanish china cabinet is full of curiously fun ways to eat and drink. What often originated as practical solutions to living in the countryside are now highly...
- 7 Cringe-Worthy Spanish Food Fails 3 weeks ago Spanish food, when prepared as it is intended with fresh ingredients and centuries-old recipes, is a world of flavor and deliciousness. But when Spanish food is done wrong, it is often done really, miserably wrong. In Spain many dishes are all about simplicity. A few great ingredients are...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 18 reviews on Spanish Sabores
16:00 PM December 02, 2012
I really like this blog. Interested articles, nice suggested and reviewed restaurants, and beautiful trips to do!
16:07 PM December 02, 2012
16:09 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is so helpful! You can tell she really puts a lot of time and effort into it (both of them, actually). She's really passionate about both food and Spain, and it shows in her writing.
16:18 PM December 02, 2012
16:30 PM December 02, 2012
I love the Spanish Sabores blog! Lauren offers excellent information on Spain and her food posts make me want to just take a food tour of Spain. I consider Spanish Sabores as a leading blog on all things Spain.
16:40 PM December 02, 2012
Informative and inspirational. Lauren writes beautifully about Spanish culture and cuisine.
17:52 PM December 02, 2012
I have used Lauren's blog many times to find great recommendations on restaurants and activities to do in and outside of Madrid!
19:24 PM December 02, 2012
It was helpful when I moved to Madrid and it is still helpful now that I have left!
21:03 PM December 02, 2012
Fantastic blog for recipes, travel tips and insightful advice for expat living in Madrid!
21:50 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is an insightful and personal view into Spain and Spanish life. I love reading to see her recommendations of places to eat and visit. But perhaps my favorite part is her stories about her life and experiences as an expat. An outstanding blog!
23:21 PM December 02, 2012
I've made so many awesome things with recipes from this blog. She basically saved my thanksgiving too. AMAZING!
06:45 AM December 03, 2012
Lauren´s blog is a beautyful way to discover the taste and culture of Spain.
06:50 AM December 03, 2012
Everytime I visit Spanish Sabores, it makes me hungry. Love the articles, the photos, and the recipes!
11:16 AM December 03, 2012
Great blog! Lots of useful info.
16:38 PM December 04, 2012
My absolute favourite Madrid blog. Gorgeous photos, and excellent tips for the whole area around Madrid. My first stop for information about Madrid, or just to look at the food!
15:12 PM December 05, 2012
Lauren is always writing about interesting food and new experiences - I don't live in Madrid, but I love reading her blog! The photos are great too.
17:24 PM December 14, 2012
Lauren really manages to capture the beauty of the Spanish culture. Her perspective is incredibly helpful as you get to see Spain from the perspective of an American "local". Her site has proved to be a go-to source for hidden treasures in Spain!
08:19 AM December 19, 2012
Lauren´s love of Spain and all things Spanish shines out of her photos and writings, great visuals, great reads, love it.