Latest Blog Posts »
- Cheer Up! 9 Spanish Foods to Brighten Your Day 4 days ago There is a lot of bad news flooding the airwaves and interwebs these days. Combine that with the dramatic “here come the arctic temperatures!” weathermen, and I think we could all use a bit of cheering up (I know I could!). When I’m feeling blue, I turn to my taste buds. There are...
- 14 Off The Beaten Path Villages in Spain No Foodie Should Miss 6 days ago Grocery shopping in Spain is a day-long affair. First there’s the fruit and vegetable shop, then the butcher, the fish monger, the dried beans and spices stand, the cheese store, the wine shop and finally the baker’s. Every item on my shopping list has its own specialty store and corresponding...
- 7 Incredibly Delicious Spanish Desserts 1 week ago Don’t be fooled by all that healthy talk about Spain’s Mediterranean Diet. Spaniards definitely have a sweet tooth. From sugary custards to chocolate-filled pastries, Spanish dessert menus are a place of sweet, sweet joy. Like so many foods in Spain, many of the country’s desserts are...
- Add a Spanish Twist to Your Thanksgiving Menu 1 week ago Hunting down the all-American ingredients to my family’s traditional Thanksgiving recipes is all but impossible in Spain. Karo syrup? French fried onions? Pecans? Some ingredients don’t even have translations in Spanish! So after years of scouring and substituting I have decided to embrace...
- Hake with Cider Recipe 2 weeks ago I grew up eating hearty meat stews and oven roasts throughout the cold Massachusetts winters. Fish was more of a summer dish– freshly grilled and served with vegetables from the garden. It wasn’t until I moved to Spain that I fully appreciated the versatility of fish for winter meals. And...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 18 reviews on Spanish Sabores
16:00 PM December 02, 2012
I really like this blog. Interested articles, nice suggested and reviewed restaurants, and beautiful trips to do!
16:07 PM December 02, 2012
16:09 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is so helpful! You can tell she really puts a lot of time and effort into it (both of them, actually). She's really passionate about both food and Spain, and it shows in her writing.
16:18 PM December 02, 2012
16:30 PM December 02, 2012
I love the Spanish Sabores blog! Lauren offers excellent information on Spain and her food posts make me want to just take a food tour of Spain. I consider Spanish Sabores as a leading blog on all things Spain.
16:40 PM December 02, 2012
Informative and inspirational. Lauren writes beautifully about Spanish culture and cuisine.
17:52 PM December 02, 2012
I have used Lauren's blog many times to find great recommendations on restaurants and activities to do in and outside of Madrid!
19:24 PM December 02, 2012
It was helpful when I moved to Madrid and it is still helpful now that I have left!
21:03 PM December 02, 2012
Fantastic blog for recipes, travel tips and insightful advice for expat living in Madrid!
21:50 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is an insightful and personal view into Spain and Spanish life. I love reading to see her recommendations of places to eat and visit. But perhaps my favorite part is her stories about her life and experiences as an expat. An outstanding blog!
23:21 PM December 02, 2012
I've made so many awesome things with recipes from this blog. She basically saved my thanksgiving too. AMAZING!
06:45 AM December 03, 2012
Lauren´s blog is a beautyful way to discover the taste and culture of Spain.
06:50 AM December 03, 2012
Everytime I visit Spanish Sabores, it makes me hungry. Love the articles, the photos, and the recipes!
11:16 AM December 03, 2012
Great blog! Lots of useful info.
16:38 PM December 04, 2012
My absolute favourite Madrid blog. Gorgeous photos, and excellent tips for the whole area around Madrid. My first stop for information about Madrid, or just to look at the food!
15:12 PM December 05, 2012
Lauren is always writing about interesting food and new experiences - I don't live in Madrid, but I love reading her blog! The photos are great too.
17:24 PM December 14, 2012
Lauren really manages to capture the beauty of the Spanish culture. Her perspective is incredibly helpful as you get to see Spain from the perspective of an American "local". Her site has proved to be a go-to source for hidden treasures in Spain!
08:19 AM December 19, 2012
Lauren´s love of Spain and all things Spanish shines out of her photos and writings, great visuals, great reads, love it.