Latest Blog Posts »
- Lekeitio: Basque Country's Most Charming Town 1 day ago How is it that before moving to Spain I’d never even heard of Basque Country? Sure, I was 19 years old and hadn’t heard of much apart from Madrid and Barcelona, but it’s hard to believe that such a beautiful place isn’t synonymous with romantic and stunning landscapes like those of Tuscany...
- Visiting Guernica 6 days ago The word Guernica brings to mind Picasso’s masterpiece which, luckily for me, hangs only a 5-minute walk from my Madrid apartment. I’ll embarrassingly admit that the first time I saw Guernica as a 20-year-old student in Madrid, I wasn’t aware of its significance. But now I’m well aware of...
- 5 Barcelona Bites Fit for a Food Tour 1 week ago The process of planning an outstanding food tour is intense and, as you would expect, it involves tasting obscene amounts of food! While we were busy planning our new Barcelona food tours, we spent endless hours roaming the Gracia neighborhood, street-by-street, in search of any undiscovered...
- Espinacas con Garbanzos (Spinach and Chickpeas) 1 week ago It’s one of those dishes that you keep thinking about long after you’ve taken the last bite. I first ordered espinacas con garbanzos in Seville, convinced by a friend that this simple sounding spinach and chickpea stew was a Spanish culinary masterpiece. Served piping hot, it was as comforting...
- Tips for Surviving Madrid in August 1 week ago We’re halfway through August here in Madrid and, luckily, it’s been a much cooler month than we’re used to. Today’s high? Only 90°F/32°C. Sounds hot, but last year it was a whopping 98.6°F/37°C. While cooler temperatures certainly help the quality of life for those of us living in...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 18 reviews on Spanish Sabores
16:00 PM December 02, 2012
I really like this blog. Interested articles, nice suggested and reviewed restaurants, and beautiful trips to do!
16:07 PM December 02, 2012
16:09 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is so helpful! You can tell she really puts a lot of time and effort into it (both of them, actually). She's really passionate about both food and Spain, and it shows in her writing.
16:18 PM December 02, 2012
16:30 PM December 02, 2012
I love the Spanish Sabores blog! Lauren offers excellent information on Spain and her food posts make me want to just take a food tour of Spain. I consider Spanish Sabores as a leading blog on all things Spain.
16:40 PM December 02, 2012
Informative and inspirational. Lauren writes beautifully about Spanish culture and cuisine.
17:52 PM December 02, 2012
I have used Lauren's blog many times to find great recommendations on restaurants and activities to do in and outside of Madrid!
19:24 PM December 02, 2012
It was helpful when I moved to Madrid and it is still helpful now that I have left!
21:03 PM December 02, 2012
Fantastic blog for recipes, travel tips and insightful advice for expat living in Madrid!
21:50 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is an insightful and personal view into Spain and Spanish life. I love reading to see her recommendations of places to eat and visit. But perhaps my favorite part is her stories about her life and experiences as an expat. An outstanding blog!
23:21 PM December 02, 2012
I've made so many awesome things with recipes from this blog. She basically saved my thanksgiving too. AMAZING!
06:45 AM December 03, 2012
Lauren´s blog is a beautyful way to discover the taste and culture of Spain.
06:50 AM December 03, 2012
Everytime I visit Spanish Sabores, it makes me hungry. Love the articles, the photos, and the recipes!
11:16 AM December 03, 2012
Great blog! Lots of useful info.
16:38 PM December 04, 2012
My absolute favourite Madrid blog. Gorgeous photos, and excellent tips for the whole area around Madrid. My first stop for information about Madrid, or just to look at the food!
15:12 PM December 05, 2012
Lauren is always writing about interesting food and new experiences - I don't live in Madrid, but I love reading her blog! The photos are great too.
17:24 PM December 14, 2012
Lauren really manages to capture the beauty of the Spanish culture. Her perspective is incredibly helpful as you get to see Spain from the perspective of an American "local". Her site has proved to be a go-to source for hidden treasures in Spain!
08:19 AM December 19, 2012
Lauren´s love of Spain and all things Spanish shines out of her photos and writings, great visuals, great reads, love it.