Latest Blog Posts »
- Why I Spent Only 24 Hours in Krakow 1 week ago I’m not usually a 24 hours per city type of person. I much prefer a slower way of traveling, and often feel a terrible sadness when leaving any place I visit. I always wish I could stay just a bit longer, live there for a little while. But, sometimes, 24 hours is all you have, [...]The post...
- My Top 3 Mountain Escapes in Spain 1 week ago Winter is just around the corner and the temperatures in Madrid are already dropping far too low for my comfort. I make sure to never leave the house without a thick scarf and a pair of gloves in my purse– I’m not a nice person when I’m cold! I’ve never been the biggest fan...
- 5 Fun Facts I've Learned About Spanish Wines 3 weeks ago When I first traveled to Spain as a 20-year-old, I knew very little about Spanish wine. Rioja rang a bell, but other than that I was completely in the dark. And to be perfectly honest, it didn’t really matter. I spent my four month study abroad program in Granada drinking Alhambra beers and...
- What I Learned About Travel by Having Visitors 3 weeks ago For two years Madrid was my own. I dreamed about the day my family would come visit, saving certain museums and daytrips for when they did. I figured it would be nice for some things to be new for me as well. Every time I went somewhere beautiful or tried a great restaurant I filed [...]The post...
- Bahia Taberna: An Amazing Meal in Madrid 4 weeks ago Our visit to Bahia Taberna was a big breath of fresh air after so many mediocre restaurant experiences lately. They get it. Fantastic food, great service, and without the excessive formality some other restaurants rely on. Getting there may not be the easiest thing (it’s located out near the...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 18 reviews on Spanish Sabores
16:00 PM December 02, 2012
I really like this blog. Interested articles, nice suggested and reviewed restaurants, and beautiful trips to do!
16:07 PM December 02, 2012
16:09 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is so helpful! You can tell she really puts a lot of time and effort into it (both of them, actually). She's really passionate about both food and Spain, and it shows in her writing.
16:18 PM December 02, 2012
16:30 PM December 02, 2012
I love the Spanish Sabores blog! Lauren offers excellent information on Spain and her food posts make me want to just take a food tour of Spain. I consider Spanish Sabores as a leading blog on all things Spain.
16:40 PM December 02, 2012
Informative and inspirational. Lauren writes beautifully about Spanish culture and cuisine.
17:52 PM December 02, 2012
I have used Lauren's blog many times to find great recommendations on restaurants and activities to do in and outside of Madrid!
19:24 PM December 02, 2012
It was helpful when I moved to Madrid and it is still helpful now that I have left!
21:03 PM December 02, 2012
Fantastic blog for recipes, travel tips and insightful advice for expat living in Madrid!
21:50 PM December 02, 2012
Lauren's blog is an insightful and personal view into Spain and Spanish life. I love reading to see her recommendations of places to eat and visit. But perhaps my favorite part is her stories about her life and experiences as an expat. An outstanding blog!
23:21 PM December 02, 2012
I've made so many awesome things with recipes from this blog. She basically saved my thanksgiving too. AMAZING!
06:45 AM December 03, 2012
Lauren´s blog is a beautyful way to discover the taste and culture of Spain.
06:50 AM December 03, 2012
Everytime I visit Spanish Sabores, it makes me hungry. Love the articles, the photos, and the recipes!
11:16 AM December 03, 2012
Great blog! Lots of useful info.
16:38 PM December 04, 2012
My absolute favourite Madrid blog. Gorgeous photos, and excellent tips for the whole area around Madrid. My first stop for information about Madrid, or just to look at the food!
15:12 PM December 05, 2012
Lauren is always writing about interesting food and new experiences - I don't live in Madrid, but I love reading her blog! The photos are great too.
17:24 PM December 14, 2012
Lauren really manages to capture the beauty of the Spanish culture. Her perspective is incredibly helpful as you get to see Spain from the perspective of an American "local". Her site has proved to be a go-to source for hidden treasures in Spain!
08:19 AM December 19, 2012
Lauren´s love of Spain and all things Spanish shines out of her photos and writings, great visuals, great reads, love it.