Married an Irish Farmer
Latest Blog Posts »
- Holiday 2016 1 week ago Given the state of things, I’ve decided to make a fist of it and dive straight right into holiday mode. Can you hear those jingle bells a-jangling? Me either, but we are going to get there people! For the first time ever, I am going to offer one of those clever little gift guides that […]
- She Planted A Seed 2 weeks ago She planted a seed. And, it will grow. If you are like me, you may have spent the last week trying to make sense of how America elected someone like Donald Trump to its highest office. He was not elected to mayor, not appointed to be an aide or a local ombudsman (no offense […]
- Orchard Jam Doughnuts 3 months ago During the summer of 2012, Geoffrey and I decided to open our own farm stand. We made jam doughnuts in the morning and sold them with ice cold, cream-topped raw milk at the farm gate on the days that we knew the sun was going to make an appearance. We used Peggy’s gooseberry jam recipe […]
- Smoke | Fire | Feast 4 months ago I am pleased as punch to announce our September Lens & Larder retreat. Join Gentl & Hyers in creating a convivial visual narrative through indigenous Irish ingredients and local makers while staying at the very charming 400 year-old Cloughjordan House in bucolic County Tipperary, Ireland. This...
- Lamb & Lentil Salad 5 months ago Nothing says summer more than lunch al fresco under the canopy of one of our massive ash trees on the farm with plenty of salads, warm soda bread out of the oven, and my fresh butter on the table. Bord Bia (the Irish Food Board) recently asked me to be a part of their “Lamb. […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Married an Irish Farmer
17:41 PM March 07, 2015
I enjoyed your blog very much and look forward to reading more. I would love for my family to be able to visit Ireland one day.