Texan In The Philippines
Latest Blog Posts »
- Our Long, Short Space A Trip 6 1 day ago The date now is 20 Sept. It has been 6 days since we left our house to get a flight out of the Philippines and hopefully another flight or two to get to our final destination of Texas. We have been delayed by typhoons and cancelled or no flights. Today is our best chance yet, […]
- Samar Dynasts Unite Against Private Armies 1 day ago Politicians from Samar have crossed party lines to neutralize private armed groups throughout the province, but particularly in the capital Calbayog City, officials said Wednesday. Samar Rep. Edgar Sarmiento and Calbayog City Mayor Ronaldo Aquino, both politically at odds with Samar Gov. Sharee...
- 7 Airports up for Rehab, Expansion 1 day ago Seven airports in various provinces are about to get a major face lift. The Department of Transportation Wednesday published P1.1 billion worth of airport improvement projects, a large part of which involved the construction of new passenger terminals to cater to increasing demand. These airports...
- Our Long, Short Space A Trip 5 5 days ago My wife and I left our house in Calbayog City on Wednesday, 14 Sept on our way to Angeles City, Clark, to try to get a Space A flight out of the country to satisfy our balikbayan status, but more importantly to go to Texas to see my relatives whom we have not seen in […]
- Tinapa Humba Tops Calbayog Cookfest 6 days ago Calbayog City, Samar – A group of students won the tinapa (smoked fish) cooking festival in this city with their creation, tinapa humba with taco chips. The hotel and restaurant services students from the STI College transformed the smoked fish into humba, a sweet pork dish that resembles the...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on Texan In The Philippines
06:42 AM November 22, 2012
great blog great info well written
23:04 PM December 09, 2012
this is very interesting. nice blog and i enjoy reading it. always interesting stories for readers to know about living in the philippines!
09:43 AM February 21, 2013
This blog has been very interesting to me. It's run buy a nice guy who actually communicates with other bloggers, and he works diligently at not only telling his own story, but introducing folks to his little corner of the Philippines. recommended.
15:03 PM March 20, 2013
A fellow blogger in Calbayog City, Samar. John's insights into every day life and his blow-by-blow blogging style keep his readers coming back for more.
04:38 AM May 18, 2013
Please ask your wife to put in a few good cooking rescipes but make it simple for us men folk to follow, Im tired of eating the same thing.
19:41 PM May 08, 2015
interesting articles and I'm always looking for info from expats that have already made the move to the Philippines. because my asawa and I are planning are own move there soon.
20:15 PM July 18, 2016
Great blog, you'll learn a lot from his stories and day to day life experience in the Philippines. He's funny too, he usually throw some humor on his blog.