Texan In The Philippines
Latest Blog Posts »
- Valentine's Day 2017 5 days ago Today was Valentine’s Day here in the Philippines. As usual we went out to eat. What is not usual though is we went to the new hotel restaurant to eat. Instead of where we usually go, Marcial’s Grill, we went to the Baypark Hotel. This was only my 2nd time in this hotel. The […]
- Lost and Found Notes 1 week ago Recently, this past September, my wife and I were on a little Space A trip. It didn’t go exactly as planned, but we did learn some things. While we were gone I wrote some notes about things along the way. I lost those notes, but I just found them yesterday. These notes cover a […]
- Parties, Malls and Parties 1 week ago Since it’s been awhile since I’ve done a post, I figured I’d bring you up to date on some things going around here. Today I went to a birthday party for one of my Filipino nephews. I like getting to go to the parties, but I’m such a picky eater that I feel […]
- Samar Travel Notes for Investors, Retirees and Returnees 2 weeks ago It is not the usual point of view by which a tourist might expect from a particular destination. That is not to say that Calbayog City and Samar province do not possess awe-inspiring vistas, endowments from Mother Nature, and comfortable visitor facilities.In fact, they do. And outstanding...
- DepEd Calbayog Asks Parents to Register their Kids Early 3 weeks ago CALBAYOG CITY, Samar — The Department of Education (DedEd) in this city urged parents and guardians to register their children early for academic year 2017-2018. DepEd Calbayog Division Superintendent Raul Agban said the activity is important for the education sector to prepare for the next...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on Texan In The Philippines
06:42 AM November 22, 2012
great blog great info well written
23:04 PM December 09, 2012
this is very interesting. nice blog and i enjoy reading it. always interesting stories for readers to know about living in the philippines!
09:43 AM February 21, 2013
This blog has been very interesting to me. It's run buy a nice guy who actually communicates with other bloggers, and he works diligently at not only telling his own story, but introducing folks to his little corner of the Philippines. recommended.
15:03 PM March 20, 2013
A fellow blogger in Calbayog City, Samar. John's insights into every day life and his blow-by-blow blogging style keep his readers coming back for more.
04:38 AM May 18, 2013
Please ask your wife to put in a few good cooking rescipes but make it simple for us men folk to follow, Im tired of eating the same thing.
19:41 PM May 08, 2015
interesting articles and I'm always looking for info from expats that have already made the move to the Philippines. because my asawa and I are planning are own move there soon.
20:15 PM July 18, 2016
Great blog, you'll learn a lot from his stories and day to day life experience in the Philippines. He's funny too, he usually throw some humor on his blog.