Texan In The Philippines
Latest Blog Posts »
- Su Chef Chinese Restaurant 2 weeks ago Since Mother’s Day was coming up, (May 14th) I wanted to take my wife to the Chinese restaurant in town, Su Chef. After that WE decided to also invite Titing & Neneng. Then we decided to invite Randy & Terri, Paul & Ja Ja and Mark & Cheryl. After that it got around town […]
- What's Happening! 2 months ago Lately I have not been inputting too much to this site. That’s because I haven’t been doing anything. This post is an update as to what has been going on around here and what is soon to be going on. Hopefully all the data I will be supplying will contain some useful information for...
- DPWH, DOT Finish P50M Samar Road Project 2 months ago THE public-works and tourism agencies have completed a P50-million tourism road project in Samar. With the completion of the road-construction initiative in Calbayog City, visitors now have easy access to three of the scenic waterfalls in the area: Larik Falls, Bangon Falls and Tarangban Falls....
- Restaurant is Now Open 3 months ago Starting today the restaurant in front of our house will be open. It does not have a name yet, but I’m thinking they will just transfer the name from the old restaurant, which they should be closing down. That name is Chow Kit. With the rent they were paying at the old place, they just […]
- Re-populating the Compound 4 months ago Pretty soon things will be hopping around here again. In some cases I mean literally hopping. When we first arrived here, and shortly after, we had 5 total families living here. Now we are down to only two. Well they are all coming back. Starting next month they will begin to trickle...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on Texan In The Philippines
06:42 AM November 22, 2012
great blog great info well written
23:04 PM December 09, 2012
this is very interesting. nice blog and i enjoy reading it. always interesting stories for readers to know about living in the philippines!
09:43 AM February 21, 2013
This blog has been very interesting to me. It's run buy a nice guy who actually communicates with other bloggers, and he works diligently at not only telling his own story, but introducing folks to his little corner of the Philippines. recommended.
15:03 PM March 20, 2013
A fellow blogger in Calbayog City, Samar. John's insights into every day life and his blow-by-blow blogging style keep his readers coming back for more.
04:38 AM May 18, 2013
Please ask your wife to put in a few good cooking rescipes but make it simple for us men folk to follow, Im tired of eating the same thing.
19:41 PM May 08, 2015
interesting articles and I'm always looking for info from expats that have already made the move to the Philippines. because my asawa and I are planning are own move there soon.
20:15 PM July 18, 2016
Great blog, you'll learn a lot from his stories and day to day life experience in the Philippines. He's funny too, he usually throw some humor on his blog.