Texan In The Philippines
Latest Blog Posts »
- Blip About the Latest Goings On 6 days ago There were a couple of earthquakes down south. Of course, they were right where our power grid is, so we were without power for about a week and a half. They have the power back, but I’m thinking it will still be going down from time to time so they can finish repairing the […]
- Titing's Birthday Party 3 weeks ago Celebrating our cousin Titing’s birthday, our second party for the month of June was on the 18th. The party was at Malajog Beach, where we have a lot of parties. I invited many expats because I was hoping for a good time at the beach. Although the party was okay, not too many expats showed up...
- Larry Jackson's Birthday Party 3 weeks ago Having a party here is a pretty common thing. I’m willing to bet that within a year we average about 2 parties per month, including birthday parties. For the month of June, so far, we’ve already had two. The first one was on June 12th we and it was Larry Jackson’s birthday party, at...
- Buying Drugs and Getting Some Balls 2 months ago Today I made a journey to downtown Calbayog alone. The purpose of the trip was to pick up money that I sent via Xoom. Xoom is just so much less expensive for me versus taking money from the ATMs and paying the high fees that are required. Unless I change to another banking facility […]
- Su Chef Chinese Restaurant 3 months ago Since Mother’s Day was coming up, (May 14th) I wanted to take my wife to the Chinese restaurant in town, Su Chef. After that WE decided to also invite Titing & Neneng. Then we decided to invite Randy & Terri, Paul & Ja Ja and Mark & Cheryl. After that it got around town […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on Texan In The Philippines
06:42 AM November 22, 2012
great blog great info well written
23:04 PM December 09, 2012
this is very interesting. nice blog and i enjoy reading it. always interesting stories for readers to know about living in the philippines!
09:43 AM February 21, 2013
This blog has been very interesting to me. It's run buy a nice guy who actually communicates with other bloggers, and he works diligently at not only telling his own story, but introducing folks to his little corner of the Philippines. recommended.
15:03 PM March 20, 2013
A fellow blogger in Calbayog City, Samar. John's insights into every day life and his blow-by-blow blogging style keep his readers coming back for more.
04:38 AM May 18, 2013
Please ask your wife to put in a few good cooking rescipes but make it simple for us men folk to follow, Im tired of eating the same thing.
19:41 PM May 08, 2015
interesting articles and I'm always looking for info from expats that have already made the move to the Philippines. because my asawa and I are planning are own move there soon.
20:15 PM July 18, 2016
Great blog, you'll learn a lot from his stories and day to day life experience in the Philippines. He's funny too, he usually throw some humor on his blog.