Texan In The Philippines
Latest Blog Posts »
- Restaurant is Now Open 6 days ago Starting today the restaurant in front of our house will be open. It does not have a name yet, but I’m thinking they will just transfer the name from the old restaurant, which they should be closing down. That name is Chow Kit. With the rent they were paying at the old place, they just […]
- Re-populating the Compound 4 weeks ago Pretty soon things will be hopping around here again. In some cases I mean literally hopping. When we first arrived here, and shortly after, we had 5 total families living here. Now we are down to only two. Well they are all coming back. Starting next month they will begin to trickle...
- Valentine's Day 2017 1 month ago Today was Valentine’s Day here in the Philippines. As usual we went out to eat. What is not usual though is we went to the new hotel restaurant to eat. Instead of where we usually go, Marcial’s Grill, we went to the Baypark Hotel. This was only my 2nd time in this hotel. The […]
- Lost and Found Notes 2 months ago Recently, this past September, my wife and I were on a little Space A trip. It didn’t go exactly as planned, but we did learn some things. While we were gone I wrote some notes about things along the way. I lost those notes, but I just found them yesterday. These notes cover a […]
- Parties, Malls and Parties 1 month ago Since it’s been awhile since I’ve done a post, I figured I’d bring you up to date on some things going around here. Today I went to a birthday party for one of my Filipino nephews. I like getting to go to the parties, but I’m such a picky eater that I feel […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on Texan In The Philippines
06:42 AM November 22, 2012
great blog great info well written
23:04 PM December 09, 2012
this is very interesting. nice blog and i enjoy reading it. always interesting stories for readers to know about living in the philippines!
09:43 AM February 21, 2013
This blog has been very interesting to me. It's run buy a nice guy who actually communicates with other bloggers, and he works diligently at not only telling his own story, but introducing folks to his little corner of the Philippines. recommended.
15:03 PM March 20, 2013
A fellow blogger in Calbayog City, Samar. John's insights into every day life and his blow-by-blow blogging style keep his readers coming back for more.
04:38 AM May 18, 2013
Please ask your wife to put in a few good cooking rescipes but make it simple for us men folk to follow, Im tired of eating the same thing.
19:41 PM May 08, 2015
interesting articles and I'm always looking for info from expats that have already made the move to the Philippines. because my asawa and I are planning are own move there soon.
20:15 PM July 18, 2016
Great blog, you'll learn a lot from his stories and day to day life experience in the Philippines. He's funny too, he usually throw some humor on his blog.