Texan In The Philippines
Latest Blog Posts »
- My First PI Dentist Cleaning 1 week ago Today I went to the dentist. My first trip to a dentist in way longer than it should be. I have an aching tooth. It’s not unbearable, but I didn’t want to wait until it got to that stage. I don’t have a regular dentist here so I just asked Titing to bring to a […]
- Recent Space A Adventure Condensed 3 weeks ago Recently my wife and I were on a very long Space A trip that didn’t go too far. This is just a collection of all the posts from my recent Space A trip out of the Philippines. It didn’t go exactly like we planned, but it sure was an adventure. I just thought I’d put […]
- Philippine Funeral Superstitions 3 weeks ago Recently I attended the funeral of a great man, my wife’s uncle Quirino B. Apilado Sr. Although he lived to be 94, and almost 95, it was still sad that he passed. This was the first funeral I attended in the Philippines and some of the customs took me by surprise. I decided to look […]
- Restaurant Opening Soon 2 months ago Well its time to let everyone know about the restaurant that our cousin is building out front of our house. We do not have a date that it will open yet, but it’s progressing nicely. Supposedly somewhere around my birthday (18 Jan) it will open. Being Filipino, that could be way before or even way...
- New Cebu Pacific Routes in Effect 3 months ago CEBU Air, Inc. (CEB) said that it launched three more services to Visayan destinations, expanding its reach in the region while reinforcing its lead in the domestic cargo carrier market. In a statement, the airline said it will be the only carrier flying daily between Cebu and Ormoc and Cebu and...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on Texan In The Philippines
06:42 AM November 22, 2012
great blog great info well written
23:04 PM December 09, 2012
this is very interesting. nice blog and i enjoy reading it. always interesting stories for readers to know about living in the philippines!
09:43 AM February 21, 2013
This blog has been very interesting to me. It's run buy a nice guy who actually communicates with other bloggers, and he works diligently at not only telling his own story, but introducing folks to his little corner of the Philippines. recommended.
15:03 PM March 20, 2013
A fellow blogger in Calbayog City, Samar. John's insights into every day life and his blow-by-blow blogging style keep his readers coming back for more.
04:38 AM May 18, 2013
Please ask your wife to put in a few good cooking rescipes but make it simple for us men folk to follow, Im tired of eating the same thing.
19:41 PM May 08, 2015
interesting articles and I'm always looking for info from expats that have already made the move to the Philippines. because my asawa and I are planning are own move there soon.
20:15 PM July 18, 2016
Great blog, you'll learn a lot from his stories and day to day life experience in the Philippines. He's funny too, he usually throw some humor on his blog.