Latest Blog Posts »
- Chapter 32: It's a Wrap: Bumper Carts, Grocery Store Eels, & Armpit Anarchy 3 months ago Recently I trotted across the street to the sprawling Carrefour supermarket/ department store in our Shanghai suburb. Maybe “sprawling” doesn’t exactly convey just how massive this megastore is—I mean, people actually ride bikes inside. And Shanghai has 22 of these … Continue reading →
- Chapter 31: Stuffed Raccoons, Greenlandic Hip Hop, and Selfie Stick Harpoons: My Search for Solitude 5 months ago One of the things I loved most as a kid was piling into the car with my siblings and parents and taking a trip to see the grandparents. I had two sets of grandparents and both lived in tiny Illinois … Continue reading →
- Chapter 30: You're Lookin' Swell Mali: Saying Goodbye to Our Bamako Adventure 9 months ago As a kid I was obsessed with Africa, mostly fueled by what I saw on TV. There was the TV series Daktari starring Clarence the Cross-Eyed Lion, who made me feel both terrified and super sad at the same time … Continue reading →
- Chapter 29: I'd Rather Get a Root Canal in Mali Than Teach in the U.S. 13 months ago Last year, during a severe sugar craving bout, I found an old piece of hard candy in my desk at school. Despite the fact that this red sticky thing was probably manufactured back when Mali became a country in 1960, … Continue reading →
- Chapter 28: Go Ask Alice (or Hazel, Rosario, Rosie, Mr. French, Charles in Charge, or Fati) 1 year ago For many years everything I needed to know about household help I learned on TV. The Brady Bunch taught me that maids wore powder blue frocks, gave you something fresh-baked when you were down in the dumps, and lived in … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Mali Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Mali!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on 2seetheglobe
13:50 PM December 09, 2012
what an amazingly informative and amusing blog. I look forward to each new entry!
07:21 AM December 22, 2012
Always enlightening to read this blog, perfect mixture of information and comedic occurences.