Latest Blog Posts »
- You're Lookin' Swell Mali: Saying Goodbye to Our Bamako Adventure 2 weeks ago As a kid I was obsessed with Africa, mostly fueled by what I saw on TV. There was the TV series Daktari starring Clarence the Cross-Eyed Lion, who made me feel both terrified and super sad at the same time … Continue reading →
- Chapter 29: I'd Rather Get a Root Canal in Mali Than Teach in the U.S. 5 months ago Last year, during a severe sugar craving bout, I found an old piece of hard candy in my desk at school. Despite the fact that this red sticky thing was probably manufactured back when Mali became a country in 1960, … Continue reading →
- Chapter 28: Go Ask Alice (or Hazel, Rosario, Rosie, Mr. French, Charles in Charge, or Fati) 5 months ago For many years everything I needed to know about household help I learned on TV. The Brady Bunch taught me that maids wore powder blue frocks, gave you something fresh-baked when you were down in the dumps, and lived in … Continue reading →
- Chapter 27: How a Ring, a Dirty Sock, a Rusty Van, and a Cable Knit Sweater Helped Me Become a Better Traveller 1 year ago During a college field trip I left my high school class ring on the bedside table of a cheap motel in Toronto. Of course the motel said they didn’t find it, and for the life of me I tried to … Continue reading →
- Chapter 26: Pets on the Menu, Organ Harvests, & Zombie Hotels: Scissor Dancing My Way Through Travel Nightmares 1 year ago At age 16 I applied to be an exchange student, in which one leaves the familiar comforts of high school life to live with another family in a foreign country. On the application I was asked to list three countries … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Mali Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Mali!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on 2seetheglobe
13:50 PM December 09, 2012
what an amazingly informative and amusing blog. I look forward to each new entry!
07:21 AM December 22, 2012
Always enlightening to read this blog, perfect mixture of information and comedic occurences.