Latest Blog Posts »
- Chapter 25: A Tale of Two Cities (and Two Types of Poo) 1 week ago We just spent our fall break in the south of France.
- Chapter 24: Sheep in the Penthouse/Mutton on the Plate 2 months ago On the way home from school last week I saw a ram—a really huge one with those giant twisty horns like you see on Satan in foreign horror films. That’s a fairly normal sight here in Bamako (sheep, not Satan) … Continue reading →
- Chapter 23: Scary Monks, Food Poisoning Hallucinations, & Man-eating Alligators: My Inspirational Summer vacation 3 months ago I’ll admit I’m not a huge fan of inspirational quotes, especially when they are superimposed over a misty picture of the sun rising over a field of lavender or a photo of a crew team gliding down a fog-shrouded river … Continue reading →
- Chapter 22: Zombies, High-Stakes Testing, and Cab Calloway 7 months ago The other night I was awakened at 3 AM when the electricity cut out for the eighth time, the AC unit sputtered to a halt, and the guard cranked up the generator, which sounds like 100 of those machines at … Continue reading →
- Chapter 21: Star Spangled Banter: How Grits, a Bidet, and a Tea Wench Helped Me Understand America & the World 8 months ago Last year, just a few weeks before we left our old stomping grounds in Florida to begin a new life in Mali, we decided to pay a final visit to the West Palm Beach GreenMarket (yep, all one word, capital … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Mali Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Mali!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on 2seetheglobe
13:50 PM December 09, 2012
what an amazingly informative and amusing blog. I look forward to each new entry!
07:21 AM December 22, 2012
Always enlightening to read this blog, perfect mixture of information and comedic occurences.