Latest Blog Posts »
- Chapter 27: How a Ring, a Dirty Sock, a Rusty Van, and a Cable Knit Sweater Helped Me Become a Better Traveller 5 months ago During a college field trip I left my high school class ring on the bedside table of a cheap motel in Toronto. Of course the motel said they didn’t find it, and for the life of me I tried to … Continue reading →
- Chapter 26: Pets on the Menu, Organ Harvests, & Zombie Hotels: Scissor Dancing My Way Through Travel Nightmares 10 months ago At age 16 I applied to be an exchange student, in which one leaves the familiar comforts of high school life to live with another family in a foreign country. On the application I was asked to list three countries … Continue reading →
- Chapter 25: A Tale of Two Cities (and Two Types of Poo) 13 months ago We just spent our fall break in the south of France. Now this is a statement that, up until a year ago, I would’ve uttered only if I was (a) alcohol impaired and hallucinating after a night of tasty gin … Continue reading →
- Chapter 24: Sheep in the Penthouse/Mutton on the Plate 1 year ago On the way home from school last week I saw a ram—a really huge one with those giant twisty horns like you see on Satan in foreign horror films. That’s a fairly normal sight here in Bamako (sheep, not Satan) … Continue reading →
- Chapter 23: Scary Monks, Food Poisoning Hallucinations, & Man-eating Alligators: My Inspirational Summer vacation 1 year ago I’ll admit I’m not a huge fan of inspirational quotes, especially when they are superimposed over a misty picture of the sun rising over a field of lavender or a photo of a crew team gliding down a fog-shrouded river … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Mali Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Mali!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on 2seetheglobe
13:50 PM December 09, 2012
what an amazingly informative and amusing blog. I look forward to each new entry!
07:21 AM December 22, 2012
Always enlightening to read this blog, perfect mixture of information and comedic occurences.