Latest Blog Posts »
- My Time as a Travel Writer for Mondo Explorer 1 year ago As an erstwhile writer and photographer for Mondo Explorer Panama (erstwhile because my translation career has taken up more and more of my time), I thought it would good to have a selection of my articles together in a Panamajama post. I was so pleased to write for Mondo Explorer – to get paid...
- Everyday Panama - Yesterday 1 year ago Filed under: Everyday Panama
- Cambio Creativo Christmas Appeal 1 year ago The 2013 Christmas appeal by Cambio Creativo is even more ambitious than last year’s, with a donations target of $10,000 to help the children and youths of this deprived community in one of the poorest parts of Panama. The generous people who donated last year (THANK YOU!!!) will be interested to...
- Birds of Prey Migrating 1 year ago Raptors migrate annually over Panama, and, thrillingly, every year they pass over our house. This year I managed to run outside and take a little video of them circling above in their hundreds. Not the same as seeing them in real life, but it certainly gives you a small idea of the spectacular...
- An Unusual Perspective 1 year ago I took this quick shot with my crummy camera phone out the passenger window yesterday. Doesn’t this perspective make the twisty tower on Calle 50 look like a giant drill bit? Here is the normal (exquisitely beautiful) view of it: This is our family’s favourite building in Panama. It may not be...
Contest Entries »
- Top Ten Things to Do with Kids in Panama! Writing Contest March 2013 Note 1: These things are also awesome fun without kids! Note 2: These activities are all either in Panama City or less than 30 minutes drive away. Summit Zoo and Botanical Gardens Take a trip to Summit Zoo and Botanical Gardens to see a...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Panama Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Panama!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on Panamajama's Blog
21:36 PM November 21, 2012
Love this blog! Its a great representation of the beautiful country of Panama as seen from the lens and words of a curious and talented ex-pat!
22:18 PM November 21, 2012
I've been enjoying this blog for months now. It gives a great insight into life in a different country and I've had the opportunity to watch the family adjust to a very different lifestyle from what we experience in the UK. The photos have been brilliant illustrations and the variety of wildlife available just outside the front door is in such contrast to what I would find in my garden. Entertaining and educational at once. Enjoyable and interesting - long may it continue.
22:57 PM November 21, 2012
It has been such fun to read and follow. This is not a tourist information 'all is rosy' advertisement, it is real life. Sometimes it is sad, sometimes funny but always amazing. This is the best advert for Panama - seeing and reading how it really is. It is great to learn about the weird and strange animals and how the family cope with life in Panama. My niece is currently near this part of the world- I sent her a link to this blog before she went so she would sort of know what to expect. She loved it as do I.
00:16 AM November 22, 2012
The best blog about Panama. Aw, heck, the best blog in Central America!
22:56 PM December 02, 2012
A very creative and interesting blog. Love the photo's of various places in Panama, along with the unique experiences.
01:50 AM December 03, 2012
Awesome blog! It's fun, exciting, and inspiring.
15:09 PM December 03, 2012
As another expat who has lived in Panama, I know how hard it is to become fully comfortable in another country. There are so many things to learn and one encounters many hurdles to overcome. But in her blog Jane not only discusses what one can do to have a positive experience in a country, but what one can do to give back. Jane understands the importance of recognizing our privilege in a country where many our struggling day to day. For the past year now Jane has supported our organization www.cambiocreativo.org - an organization that facilitates educational workshops in the community of Coco Solo, near Colon City. We rely on people like Jane to get the word out about our small grassroots organization. She has recently has also become an Ambassador of our organization-and is helping us in our annual fundraising efforts. To us, Jane is more than an excellent expat blogger, but a person who is actively and passionately engaged in the Panamanian community. Thanks Jane!!!
18:02 PM December 04, 2012
I always enjoy visiting Jane's Panamajama blog. Her unique perspective on Panama life (both wild & domesticated), her photos & videos, and her blend of humor and compassion make it a treat for the eyes, mind & heart.
00:45 AM December 05, 2012
Awesome blog ! always love reading the experiences and how Jane and her family are enjoying life in Panama.
16:44 PM December 06, 2012
I love Panamajama's Blog! Jane has a global perspective, sharing beautiful images and every day experiences, she offers up a personal perspective on family life in Panama.
20:21 PM December 09, 2012
Great blog. We love the colour and vitality. Panama looks so interesting , please keep posting .
17:32 PM June 01, 2015