The Dubious Hausfrau
Latest Blog Posts »
- Full Circle Moment: The Shakespearean Edition 2 days ago Let me drop some Shakepeare knowledge on you. Aka let me prove to you my English degree is good for something.The Tempest is considered by many to be the most accessible/understandable of Shakespeares work. It's one of the comedies. It's also thought to have been written at the height of his...
- 365 Project: Week 20 3 days ago Week 20 = 38% completeWhat I learned this week: Everyone should own a universal card reader
- 31 trips around the sun! 3 days ago Happy Birthday Johnny!$20 says mom doesn't think the song chose is funny.
- Industrious Expats: The Orient Express 6 days ago Today beings a new feature here the Dubious Hausfrau. When we moved here I left my career, my family, my friends, my life in Canada. I followed my husband 7000 km away from the place we loved so he could start a new job and I could start creating a new life for us.I quickly learned that there seems...
- Call me maybe... 1 week ago Fact: My husband John is a wonderfully charming person to talk to.Fact: He's super proud of my writing and my blog. He even reads it now and then.Fact: Someone called him at work this week to talk about his interview process. This person stated they found him using my blog.Fact: There are lots of...
Contest Entries »
- The Do's and Don'ts of Switzerland Writing Contest March 2013 Don't...just stick to Zurich and Geneva. Both are absolutely wonderful cities and they both capture different aspects of Swiss culture beautifully. Geneva is located in the heart of French-speaking Switzerland and the whole world can be found there:...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Switzerland!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 16 reviews on The Dubious Hausfrau
08:54 AM November 22, 2012
Love, love, love this blog!!! Look for it on a daily bases even though I know she doesn't post daily, but, you know, just in case. Funny, witty but an honest retelling of what it must be like to just pick yourself up and move to another country. You can actually watch/experience her journey with her as she navigates or sometimes not, her way through.
10:06 AM November 22, 2012
I really enjoy following this blog, learning about their adventures in new countries and hearing the familiar in reminiscences about home--all of it entertaining.
13:47 PM November 22, 2012
I really enjoy reading this blog. I often laugh and cry while reading and listening to the adventures Tatiana and Johnathan are having while living their lives so far from home.
17:24 PM November 22, 2012
Tatiana tells the tales of her expat adventures with such honesty and integrity. You really feel like you are a part of the good and the bad, and look forward to seeing what she is up to. I've laughed and cried reading her blog, and look forward to every posting. Also llamas. Looking forward to many more blog posts!
20:28 PM November 22, 2012
I usually don't pay much attention to blogs, but this is one I really enjoy reading.There have been some that made me laugh some made me a little sad but at the end I'm smiling thinking of all the fun adventures Tatiana and her husband are having.Its a wonderful read no matter who you are and I always look forward to the next one.
17:16 PM November 23, 2012
I have this blog bookmarked on my "check daily" list. I enjoy reading about Tatiana's adventures overseas, the experience of being away from home and so much that she loves and cherishes, and her daily life (successes and struggles). She writes with a sense of humour, poise, and perspective. Everything that she writes is real and true.
12:06 PM November 25, 2012
I find this blog to be consistently interesting. It's not only the good, happy stories that get written about, but some of the unhappy events as well. It really takes me through the ups and owns of life away from the known and the familiar.
10:17 AM November 27, 2012
I really enjoy reading this blog! There are some awesome descriptions of life as an expat but not only! Dubious hausfrau manages to keep the interest alive in all her narrations! Entertaining, informatory, cool - an awesome blog!
15:17 PM November 27, 2012
Following Tatiana's expat adventure through this blog is like watching her grow up. She is honest, raw and beautiful. I love her style and the way she shares it all - the good, the bad, the inbetweens.
16:46 PM November 27, 2012
I enjoy reading this blog as it affords me the opportunity to travel while being in the comfort of my home, it is also an interesting history class with no tuition costs and I enjoy reading about my aunt and uncle (I'm the flower girl with the black eye). Wishing you many more exciting adventures.
17:00 PM November 27, 2012
Dubious Hausfrau does what every good writer does, shows us that in a way we are all the same. Everyone's adventure is different but we are all on one. It would be easy to say that it is well and thoughtfully written, that she puts her heart,life and soul on the line and that she works hard to share her experiences with all us because all of these things are true. What she really does is inspire. She inspires us to see the world around us as not just some regular place that we go to every day but a place where things happen. With honesty and integrity we learn as she learns to go out there to live and love in the biggest and best way possible.
17:09 PM November 27, 2012
Tatiana's musings about her adventures in Switzerland are simultaneously amusing, interesting, and informative.
20:40 PM November 27, 2012
What a wondrous blog! Well-written, informative, and fun, she shares her experiences in the manner of a close friend.
03:49 AM November 28, 2012
T has always been an inspiration to me and through her blog she continues to do so. Her writing holds such emotion that it makes it feel like she not quite so far away.
16:32 PM December 02, 2012
I enjoy Tania's quirky, unique view of the world around her. She encourages the reader to go.....hmmmmmmm.
16:24 PM December 04, 2012
As a busy communications professional finding time to read anything for the sake of my own pure pleasure is difficult. This blog (along with a good cup of coffee) is one of the things that starts my day and leaves me with a smile that lasts well into the evening. Something that folks might forget is that when a family moves away to a new country, there are Expats of a different sort left behind in the homeland. I am Canadian not only for all the reasons my country is great, I am a Canadian because my good friends are what make my life as a Canadian complete. My freinds are part of my community. When Tatiana and Johnathan moved away a little bit of my community also moved away. Tatiana's blog helps ease the disconnect that the physical distance creates. Her blog keeps her in my heart and in my mind, and keeps my community whole.