Latest Blog Posts »
- Picture America - Churches 19 hours ago There are many churches here in Columbia, MO. Some are old and some are new. I like the two below because of their old architecture.
- There has to be a reason for this, right? 2 days ago Both animals and humans spend their day working hard to make sure at the end of the day they can provide for themselves and for their families. Except at night animals sleep soundly and humans don’t. Sleep doesn’t come easy for many people. We ponder then we worry which causes us not to sleep...
- Confession 1 week ago I know her since I was a child but I fall in love when I was a teenager. I have never left her since then. My love grew through the years. She made me content and happy. She made me who I am now. Alas, my love is fading away. I used to be happier […]
- Arab-Israeli Wars? 1 month ago Every week, our public library has a themed-books-display. Yesterday, the theme was “Arab-Israeli Wars.” I appreciate the effort of the library’s staffs in gathering related books about the Middle East conflict. But, after reading the themed title I thought the title is very misleading. The...
- Suicide - A different story 3 months ago New York Times’ short videos are my favorite. Last week, I watched “the mother who jumped” video. I watched it more than three times since then and I cried every time I watched it. I have read about Postpartum Depression (PPD) before but it is impossible to watch this video without feeling...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: USA Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in USA!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 22 reviews on Jaraad
03:13 AM November 22, 2012
A wonderful blog which shares life in the US from the perspective of a Jordanian man who is living in Missouri. I greatly enjoy the cultural posts and seeing life in my country through the eyes of another. Jaraad's blog covers a variety of topics, and is among the best!
03:45 AM November 22, 2012
I'm a regular reader for Jaraad's blog and I'm not exaggerate if I say that I really liked and loved every and each post he wrote there. I'm sure that Jarrad deserve such an award Best luck
04:46 AM November 22, 2012
great blog !
06:28 AM November 22, 2012
One of my favorite blogs to read! Jaraad is very talented and very thoughtful in his posts. What I love about his posts is the way he introduces living in the USA and explaining the cultural differences and similarities in a very articulate way to a degree where you can actually imagine yourself there with his posts and beautiful pictures. The posts remain in your mind once you read them! That's how good they are! My favorite posts are the one about the library and the pictures of it, the one on the lake with pictures of ducks and the post about first day of college!I really love this blog and I really hope it wins!
13:28 PM November 22, 2012
This is an outstanding blog that provides excellent insight into Arab culture, American culture, and the cultural (mis-)understandings as the 2 meet in the USA or in the imaginations of anyone around the world. Jaraad favours genuinely open and fair dialogue, which never descends into culture bashing. I always read the posts and the comments, and often comment myself. This blog has been invaluable in itself, and a conduit for the blogs of others via their high quality comments here.
23:31 PM November 23, 2012
This is a great blog to read good luck Jaraad
23:32 PM November 25, 2012
Every time i read jarad's blog i feel optimistic & proud that we still have a well- educated and energetic arabs out there in the world in which we can always points to them and say : We need persons like those :) a person that capture knowledge and experience from each chance and using it wisely !! i do love his simple language and the way he describes and justify things ^_^
03:06 AM November 26, 2012
I have been reading Jaraad's blog for ages and the blogger behind it is one of few cyber acquaintances that I would like to meet in real life.
06:05 AM November 26, 2012
I love Jaraad's blog! I'm an American in Jordan, he'a a Jordanian in America, and I love the positive exchange of national superlatives. What I like best: he is not easily offended, he is a man of faith who, like Madeleine, 'smiles at the good and frowns at the bad'where it is found in both cultures, both faiths, and both genders. BRAVO!
07:16 AM November 26, 2012
Interesting and intelligent blog with a great perspective on what it's like being Arab in the USA.
09:14 AM November 26, 2012
One of my favorite blogs to read :)
09:41 AM November 26, 2012
One of my constant checks on the web, a great blog indeed. Opens up a lot of venues to consider + reconsider cultural differences and their relatedness from a unique well-suited perspective. Thanks Jaraad for that.
12:29 PM November 26, 2012
Jaraad is a great blog and deserves all the best.
14:42 PM November 26, 2012
I like the way Jarad sees US through an Arab eye.
17:35 PM November 26, 2012
one of the best blog i ever read!! the topics are always interesting to be read, i really like it, keep going
18:25 PM November 26, 2012
Awesome blogger, and totally worth every minute spent reading his writing! Whisper, thanks for introducing Jaraad's blog =)
18:45 PM November 26, 2012
its great blog.. i like it
03:03 AM November 27, 2012
One of my favorite blogs. Jaraad's posts show me my own country in a whole new light.
03:33 AM November 27, 2012
Wish you all the best ***** Nice blog
08:21 AM November 27, 2012
Smart, interesting blog. Always a pleasure to read.
20:54 PM November 27, 2012
The American life from a Jordanian perspective. my reference for daily events, news, activities and American culture.
06:10 AM November 28, 2012
an interestingly different perspective, he's normally bold and thorough with the topics he blogs about, for those Arabs who're interested in the American culture, and those Americans who're interested in the Arabic culture, I find his blog, in a way .. educational ..