Latest Blog Posts »
- It is really not that hard to praise your employees 2 days ago Yesterday, I had a potluck dinner at my boss’ house. Our team is about 10 people. Since we work on campus we do a small party to celebrate end of the semester. I work as a Web Developer for the Career Center of the University. Our website is very extensive. You can find all types […]
- See what others think of you from Google's search 1 week ago When you search for something on Google you notice some suggestions. Google builds these suggestions from previous people’s search.
- 100 Ways to Be More Creative at Work 2 weeks ago I found this list worth sharing and a good reference to be read very often. 1. Ask the most creative people at work for their ideas. 2. Brainstorm with a co-worker. 3. Tape record your ideas on your commute to and from work. 4. Present your most pressing business challenge to a child. 5. Take [...]
- Picture America: Freedom of Speech 3 weeks ago In America, the president of the country is a government employee. Citizens can freely criticize him. Neither the government nor citizens who support the president can harm anyone who speaks against
- When do Americans read newspapers? 3 weeks ago An Arab friend of mine delivers one of the local daily newspapers. Here is a conversation that took a place one day around 5:30 pm after he was done with his route. Me: I still don’t understand your business. Did you just deliver today’s newspapers or tomorrow’s? Him: Today. Me:...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in USA!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 22 reviews on Jaraad
03:13 AM November 22, 2012
A wonderful blog which shares life in the US from the perspective of a Jordanian man who is living in Missouri. I greatly enjoy the cultural posts and seeing life in my country through the eyes of another. Jaraad's blog covers a variety of topics, and is among the best!
03:45 AM November 22, 2012
I'm a regular reader for Jaraad's blog and I'm not exaggerate if I say that I really liked and loved every and each post he wrote there. I'm sure that Jarrad deserve such an award Best luck
04:46 AM November 22, 2012
great blog !
06:28 AM November 22, 2012
One of my favorite blogs to read! Jaraad is very talented and very thoughtful in his posts. What I love about his posts is the way he introduces living in the USA and explaining the cultural differences and similarities in a very articulate way to a degree where you can actually imagine yourself there with his posts and beautiful pictures. The posts remain in your mind once you read them! That's how good they are! My favorite posts are the one about the library and the pictures of it, the one on the lake with pictures of ducks and the post about first day of college!I really love this blog and I really hope it wins!
13:28 PM November 22, 2012
This is an outstanding blog that provides excellent insight into Arab culture, American culture, and the cultural (mis-)understandings as the 2 meet in the USA or in the imaginations of anyone around the world. Jaraad favours genuinely open and fair dialogue, which never descends into culture bashing. I always read the posts and the comments, and often comment myself. This blog has been invaluable in itself, and a conduit for the blogs of others via their high quality comments here.
23:31 PM November 23, 2012
This is a great blog to read good luck Jaraad
23:32 PM November 25, 2012
Every time i read jarad's blog i feel optimistic & proud that we still have a well- educated and energetic arabs out there in the world in which we can always points to them and say : We need persons like those :) a person that capture knowledge and experience from each chance and using it wisely !! i do love his simple language and the way he describes and justify things ^_^
03:06 AM November 26, 2012
I have been reading Jaraad's blog for ages and the blogger behind it is one of few cyber acquaintances that I would like to meet in real life.
06:05 AM November 26, 2012
I love Jaraad's blog! I'm an American in Jordan, he'a a Jordanian in America, and I love the positive exchange of national superlatives. What I like best: he is not easily offended, he is a man of faith who, like Madeleine, 'smiles at the good and frowns at the bad'where it is found in both cultures, both faiths, and both genders. BRAVO!
07:16 AM November 26, 2012
Interesting and intelligent blog with a great perspective on what it's like being Arab in the USA.
09:14 AM November 26, 2012
One of my favorite blogs to read :)
09:41 AM November 26, 2012
One of my constant checks on the web, a great blog indeed. Opens up a lot of venues to consider + reconsider cultural differences and their relatedness from a unique well-suited perspective. Thanks Jaraad for that.
12:29 PM November 26, 2012
Jaraad is a great blog and deserves all the best.
14:42 PM November 26, 2012
I like the way Jarad sees US through an Arab eye.
17:35 PM November 26, 2012
one of the best blog i ever read!! the topics are always interesting to be read, i really like it, keep going
18:25 PM November 26, 2012
Awesome blogger, and totally worth every minute spent reading his writing! Whisper, thanks for introducing Jaraad's blog =)
18:45 PM November 26, 2012
its great blog.. i like it
03:03 AM November 27, 2012
One of my favorite blogs. Jaraad's posts show me my own country in a whole new light.
03:33 AM November 27, 2012
Wish you all the best ***** Nice blog
08:21 AM November 27, 2012
Smart, interesting blog. Always a pleasure to read.
20:54 PM November 27, 2012
The American life from a Jordanian perspective. my reference for daily events, news, activities and American culture.
06:10 AM November 28, 2012
an interestingly different perspective, he's normally bold and thorough with the topics he blogs about, for those Arabs who're interested in the American culture, and those Americans who're interested in the Arabic culture, I find his blog, in a way .. educational ..