Our Dear Lady Expatriate
Latest Blog Posts »
- ~ On Hiatus ~ 4 years ago Hiya Lovely Readers, Just want to start off with a massive thank you to everyone who stops by this little blog - it's meant the world to me! Unfortunately, push has recently come to shove and a few aspects of my offline life have dictated that it's time for a little blogging break. At this point,...
- Loveliest Links ~ February 7th Edition 4 years ago //via//Hello lovelies! How have things been ticking along for you, lately? I just got back from being pampered at The Dollhouse, and am prepping for a new term to start with my evening teenager English class. They're anxious moments, those hours just before the new term starts... I kind of can't...
- Humorous Things People Have Googled To Find My Blog, Part 1 4 years ago (This is Anabelle. She is my pet wombat.She doesn't say much. Usually because she's too busy eating shoelaces.) ~ tutu wombat ~ ~ wombat hugging ~ ~ edward beers wwii mn ~ ~ girls with smelly boots ~~ crazy deer lady interview ~~ chocolate need now ~~ grand art deco apartment ~~ girls stinky shoes...
- A Final Farewell to Cambodia's King Father 4 years ago //via//Over the past four days, Cambodia bid a final, mournful farewell to His Majesty King Father Norodom Sihanouk. The ceremonies began with a 6km procession on Friday February 1st, and ended with the cremation of his remains on Monday February 4th. Avoiding the crowds and feeling as though my...
- The Nine Best Podcasts. Ever. 4 years ago You guys, I am a podcast FANATIC. Just blows my mind that podcasts are not only one of the most educational and entertaining of all of the potential things you could slap on your iPod, but they're also free. Free as in, like, zero dollars. How crazy is that?I remember the first time I was rambling...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Cambodia Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Cambodia!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 16 reviews on Our Dear Lady Expatriate
14:22 PM November 27, 2012
I think this blog is fantastic. It has helped me answer day to day questions and just as importantly it made me laugh when I needed it most. I love the interviews with other expats too. Amazing how we are all floating around for so many reasons. I just wish I had this kind of resource when I started traveling and teaching!
14:36 PM November 27, 2012
My husband and I are travelling to Cambodia in the spring of 2013 to visit our beautiful daughter and her charming companion. I have loved reading "our Dear Lady Expatriate" - she has opened my eyes to a whole new culture. Some of the foods look amazing, some are a little scary. She is very witty and her stories are inspirational - a very talented writer, for sure. I have chosen some of the places that I want to visit when we go to Cambodia from reading her blog. Can't wait to vacay in Cambodia, and leave the snow behind! Hats off to this talented writer, and keep the blogs coming!!
16:12 PM November 27, 2012
The writing style and combined with Ashley's fresh take on living abroad makes me want to travel that much more! She has an amazing way of capturing the day to day and turning it into an oh so entertaining learning opportunity! I hope that all travellers headed her way are lucky enough to find this blog first!
05:56 AM November 28, 2012
Cambodia stole my heart a year ago when I spent a glorious month soaking up its smiles, food, and culture. Our Dear Lady's wit, charm, and honesty are the perfect paring for a country so lovely. I always look forward to her updates and photos, as she does an excellent job of capturing this beautiful place for others to enjoy.
01:16 AM November 29, 2012
well OF COURSE you would be up for an award! What took so long! and you know why??? cause like Dr. Suess said, "Today you are You , that is truer than true. There is no one alive that Youer than You" Love your friend Lu
20:03 PM December 01, 2012
Our Dear Lady Expatriate looks at things from a slightly askew, generally astute, often comical and always insightful angle. Entertaining and with a clever writing style all her own, Ms. ODLE is where I have sent more than a couple chums who are pondering expat life. This blog makes me happy - a glimpse into a more exotic existence from the throes of my stuffy desk.
02:23 AM December 03, 2012
ODLE is a witty, insightful and humourous blog that certainly deserves the recognition of this award. I have recommended this blog to family members backpacking to Cambodia, who found it to be very helpful for their travels! For those of us not lucky enough to jet-set, we can experience the culture of Cambodia through the exceptional writing and well-selected photos. Thank you, our dear lady, for sharing with all of us!
02:45 AM December 03, 2012
This is an amazing job! I loved reading it and follow it regularly! It was very helpful when we travelled to Cambodia and took her advice on everything! We were also lucky enough to meet up with her! She was super helpful and extremely nice! Her efforts in making it much easier to travel and visit this country is such a delight to not have to worry about things while you are there. She makes it so we can truly visit Cambodia! Goodluck Ashley!
13:05 PM December 16, 2012
ODLE has been such a great find in the blogosphere. Ashley has a darn funny way with words, finds the ordinary in the exotic and the special in the everyday, plus she's wonderfully supportive as a reader, too. We've even altered our plans to come to Cambodia next month. Persuasive stuff!
13:19 PM December 17, 2012
As an Englishman who moved to live in Cambodia earlier this year I feel obliged to congratulate and thank Our Dear Lady Expatriate for such insightful observations of this beautiful country. Her combination of passion, wit and accurate observation of the culture here make her missives essential & compulsive reading. I am positive her articles have proved very useful to tourists and ex-patriots like me. I can only add that she has positively promoted Cambodia to the rest of the world and this will surely boost the tourism industry here.
14:05 PM December 17, 2012
Like her blog, is so refreshing and original... makes you relate to someone in many levels being so far away. Keep the stories and adventures coming...
14:10 PM December 17, 2012
Living in Canada, toying with the concept of travel Our Dear Lady Expat has painted a wonderful picture of Cambodia. Not only does her blog provide helpful information, it also provides laughs, and amazing links to other sites! A well rounded mix, making a great blog to read and follow regularly. This blog has opened my eyes to new culture and ways of life. Interesting as. I hope that anyone planning a vacay or move to Cambodia will look upon this blog for all of these great tips and places to go. Great writing, inspirational stories. Keep up the blog posts!
17:29 PM December 17, 2012
One night I was looking for a blog about teaching in Cambodia and the life of an expat in Phnom Penh. I found this site and could not be happier ! I love her sense of humour and how she seems to answer all my questions! This is definetely my go-to blog when im feeling nervous and excited about my upcoming Cambodian adventure !
18:12 PM December 17, 2012
As an expatriate living in Cambodia I can tell you that Ashley's blog is filled with useful information that is relevant to every day life in the country whether you are a tourist or a resident. If you want accurate, reliable, and useful information about life in Cambodia presented to you in a very witty, fun, and enjoyable format, then my suggestion would be to read her blog regularly. She won't steer you wrong.
20:55 PM December 17, 2012
Excellent and informative blog!
05:25 AM December 18, 2012
Ashley is one of the best expat bloggers I know - and for the last 6 months, I have been reading a lot of blogs as I want to travel. I read one of her blog posts on Siem Reap, and it inspired me so much that I want to travel and visit the place. Look forward to the new blog posts!