Navigating the World
Latest Blog Posts »
- 7-18-14: Midwest Asian General Store 6 days ago If you blink more than once, you’ll miss it completely. The miniature town of Solway, Minnesota, tucked quietly to the west of Bemidji, doesn’t even have a gas station to lure in travelers zipping down Highway 2. There are no restaurants, no hardware stores – not even a farm implement...
- 4-4-14: Wind in the Willows 3 months ago As a woman living and raising a family abroad, one thing I often ache for is a feeling of stability that comes from being rooted. Certainly my childhood home has roots that run deep, catching me gently in their complex and gentle web, regardless of where I may run… but I have got to admit, […]
- 2-10-14: So you need a getaway? 5 months ago One thing I’ve learned about blogging is that nobody really wants to listen to you expound for paragraph after torturous paragraph about your incredible beach vacation – especially not your friends and family Stateside who are experiencing one of the coldest, harshest, below-zero winters on...
- 1/23/14: The Gloves are Off - or - Floors 2-30, You've Taken Things Too Far 6 months ago For those of you just tuning in, I live on the ground floor of a Hong Kong high rise. As part of this set up, I have been blessed with a ridiculously large private patio… well, private if you ignore the 30 floors worth of people peering down upon us, but at least we’re the […]
- 12-5-13: An open letter to a teenage girl about matters of the heart 7 months ago As a middle school teacher, you never are quite sure what your day will bring. The only thing you DO know is that it will probably involve waaaaaay more than what was written into your job description. Today, for example, over the course of 10 hours I counseled some of my advisory kids about...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Navigating the World has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!