Sketches from the other side
Latest Blog Posts »
- so long and farewell 4 days ago Two of my frequently visited Happy Valley restaurants are closing according to neighborhood sources who are in the know. St. Germaine is closing its doors after several years of operation. I occasionally ate there and more often visited for a drink or three when I fancied something a bit more...
- it's been a rough week 5 days ago It's been a rough week for me - deadlines, revisions, pitchfork waving - but this week was even rougher for one social worker and the Hong Kong Police Force.
- sharing 1 week ago On an island with millions of people crammed along flat areas, we are bound to encounter land use and sharing issues. I join thousands of fellow residents who jostle along the sidewalks on the way into the office in the morning. Almost every day I see someone cutting into the bus queue or shoving...
- cancel everything 2 weeks ago SB and I had nice plans for the long holiday but we've canceled them. There are more important matters to attend to, such as supporting our friends. We discussed what we felt comfortable doing. During the protest marches earlier in the year we were careful to be observers and not join the marches...
- and it might be ironic 3 weeks ago Reporters prevented from entering China to report bad news were stuck waiting for visas in Hong Kong. Bad news was reported. Does anyone else have a contribution to share regarding the law of unintended consequences in action?
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Sketches from the other side has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!