3rd Culture Children
Latest Blog Posts »
- The Lima Miranda Clan visits the Majestic Iguazu Waterfalls! 2 days ago Glad it’s Friday! Spring has arrived in Brazil, and our working-traveling family keeps enjoying our time in Brasilia, which due to its central location, has enabled us to tackle a few of the ‘bucket list travel destinations’ we’ve originally planned for 3-year assignment in Brazil. This...
- Life on the Superblock 3 days ago Originally posted on Wegener's Wanderlust: A little over a year ago, my husband and I moved to Brazil. When friends and family first heard that we would be moving to Brazil, they immediately assumed we would be in Rio de Janeiro and were likely envisioning their next vacation on Copacabana...
- Interview for the ExpatFinder.com: An American-Brazilian in Brasilia 6 days ago Thank you for the expert folks at Expat Finder for publishing the interview! Please find complete text below: 14 September 2016 \We’ve had the chance to talk to Raquel Miranda, 44, a Brazilian-American expat who has moved to Brazil with her family. Mrs. Miranda who has been living there...
- Lit by human heat, Paralympic torch will visit six cities representing each region of Brazil 3 weeks ago Reposted from the Paralympic Press, Brazil: · Paralympic Flame will be formed by the union of the flames lit at Brasília, Belém, Natal, São Paulo, Joinville, Rio de Janeiro and Stoke Mandeville, in England. · People from all over the world may send human...
- Thoughts on being a better - more effective? - parent... 3 weeks ago Well, does it really exist? Is there a place in the ‘Matrix’, offering parents the comfort they so-desperately seek, when it comes to the betterment of their children? In the endless search for answers, and like any other parent [of multiple children, in my case], any free time my weekend is...
Contest Entries »
- Twenty Reasons for Adding Bolivia to Your Expat Visiting List ! Expat Blog Awards 2013 Bolivia is a culturally diverse, geographically unique and strange in so many other ways that it’s hard to find another place/country quite like it. And this statement is coming from a ‘serial expat’, a traveling mother of third-culture...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Bolivia Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Bolivia!Copy and paste code to display the Bolivia Award Badge:
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Bolivia Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Bolivia!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on 3rd Culture Children
02:08 AM December 04, 2012
Fantastic blog: hits all the highs and lows, the ironies and little joys of life as 3rd culture children. Love it.
03:32 AM December 04, 2012
3rdculturechilren is not your regular run of the mill blog....it's multi-faceted...it's a cultural trip to every destination the family has been posted, it's a stress reliever when it offers readers a glimpse of family life, it's informative when it raises a topic and discusses it and for those of us out there who need a respite from the travails of life in general it's like a hot-towel to wipe our faces with and refresh ourselves, leaving us feeling better than we felt when we arrived.
05:15 AM December 04, 2012
3rd Culture Children has a wonderfully diverse mix of cultural posts, photography, food, local and daily life, and just general musings on life. It is a blog that gives you a glimpse of life as an expat, not life as a tourist living temporarily somewhere other than "home."
06:40 AM December 04, 2012
This is a fabulous blog! It's great to see how the family upped sticks and moved to La Paz. I've learnt so much about this city that I'll probably never get to visit. 3rd culture children captures the essence and portrays a vibrant and diverse city. I love it!
04:28 AM December 09, 2012
Spectacular photography and wonderful anecdotes.
23:35 PM December 09, 2012
as a TCK myself, i find "3rd culture children" is a gratifying and real glimpse into the lives of children who are growing up with the culture and traditions of more than one "home country", and the family's navigation of that journey.
01:52 AM December 10, 2012
This is a blog that just keeps on giving.
09:10 AM December 17, 2012
I love hearing about the travels and experiences of this beautiful family as they experience everything living in Bolivia has to offer.