3rd Culture Children
Latest Blog Posts »
- Pictorial Journal: Cotapata National Park, Bolivia. 2 weeks ago Around 20km north of La Paz, some four hundred square kilometres of the north face of the Cordillera Real are protected by
- Photo Project: 52 Bolivian Sundays [week 21, 'Background and Foreground']. 3 weeks ago Inspired by this week's photo challenge, and continuing our travel project "52 Bolivian Sundays", we're cruising though week 21, the last one before our family goes back to the USA for a much well-deserved R&R... The chosen spot for our last weekend of May was the intriguing scenario of the Yungas,...
- Farewell to Facebook: A great day of liberation! 3 weeks ago After a long debate [with myself, the little voices from my head, and my dear husband], we've decided to move on. I'm bringing this relationship with Facebook to a whole new level. A healthier one, I believe, and hopes are up. :o After pondering around the pros, cons, the time spent through...
- Campaña La Paz Ciudad Maravillosa 3 weeks ago LA PAZ ES UN LUGAR from Sergio Bastani on Vimeo. Letting the world know how awesome and unique the city of “Nuestra Se
- Photo Project: 52 Bolivian Sundays [week 20, 'Escape' - Zip-Lining in the world's most dangerous road]. 1 month ago According to Cheri Lucas, "Escape. Depending on your current mood and headspace, or time in your life, this word can evoke different emotions and conjure a variety of images.". today, sharing images of a great escape... to the world's most dangerous road! Join us! :o
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Bolivia!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on 3rd Culture Children
02:08 AM December 04, 2012
Fantastic blog: hits all the highs and lows, the ironies and little joys of life as 3rd culture children. Love it.
03:32 AM December 04, 2012
3rdculturechilren is not your regular run of the mill blog....it's multi-faceted...it's a cultural trip to every destination the family has been posted, it's a stress reliever when it offers readers a glimpse of family life, it's informative when it raises a topic and discusses it and for those of us out there who need a respite from the travails of life in general it's like a hot-towel to wipe our faces with and refresh ourselves, leaving us feeling better than we felt when we arrived.
05:15 AM December 04, 2012
3rd Culture Children has a wonderfully diverse mix of cultural posts, photography, food, local and daily life, and just general musings on life. It is a blog that gives you a glimpse of life as an expat, not life as a tourist living temporarily somewhere other than "home."
06:40 AM December 04, 2012
This is a fabulous blog! It's great to see how the family upped sticks and moved to La Paz. I've learnt so much about this city that I'll probably never get to visit. 3rd culture children captures the essence and portrays a vibrant and diverse city. I love it!
04:28 AM December 09, 2012
Spectacular photography and wonderful anecdotes.
23:35 PM December 09, 2012
as a TCK myself, i find "3rd culture children" is a gratifying and real glimpse into the lives of children who are growing up with the culture and traditions of more than one "home country", and the family's navigation of that journey.
01:52 AM December 10, 2012
This is a blog that just keeps on giving.
09:10 AM December 17, 2012
I love hearing about the travels and experiences of this beautiful family as they experience everything living in Bolivia has to offer.