3rd Culture Children
Latest Blog Posts »
- Snapshots from the 2016 'Toys for Tots' in Brasilia, Brazil. Thank you, US Marines! 2 months ago Filed under: children, expat, FAMILY, foreign service, LOVE, volunteer Tagged: Christmas, homeless children, toys for tots, US Marines, USMC
- From our Expat Family to Yours... Happy Holiday Season, and Happy Travels! 3 months ago Filed under: Brazil, expat, FAMILY, foreign service, photography Tagged: expat in Brazil, expat travel, happy holidays, holiday season, Merry Christmas
- Life in the Foreign Service: and our next assignment is.... 4 months ago Could we be any happier? We got (again!) our #1 pick as our onwards Foreign Service Assignment post: Obviously, more to come… but for now, I only have one thing to say: YAAAAAY! Stay tuned…
- Tip for enjoying Halloween: "Don't text and fly!" 4 months ago Love it! Happy Halloween!
- Expat Identity Crisis: on Privilege, Mobility and Belonging. A Personal Essay. 4 months ago Originally posted on Wegener's Wanderlust: Lately, there have been a few articles circulating on Facebook describing life as an “expat” (here and here) and the book club I recently joined just picked “The Expatriates” as our next read. So I have started to think a lot about what it...
Contest Entries »
- Twenty Reasons for Adding Bolivia to Your Expat Visiting List ! Expat Blog Awards 2013 Bolivia is a culturally diverse, geographically unique and strange in so many other ways that it’s hard to find another place/country quite like it. And this statement is coming from a ‘serial expat’, a traveling mother of third-culture...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Bolivia Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Bolivia!Copy and paste code to display the Bolivia Award Badge:
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Bolivia Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Bolivia!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on 3rd Culture Children
02:08 AM December 04, 2012
Fantastic blog: hits all the highs and lows, the ironies and little joys of life as 3rd culture children. Love it.
03:32 AM December 04, 2012
3rdculturechilren is not your regular run of the mill blog....it's multi-faceted...it's a cultural trip to every destination the family has been posted, it's a stress reliever when it offers readers a glimpse of family life, it's informative when it raises a topic and discusses it and for those of us out there who need a respite from the travails of life in general it's like a hot-towel to wipe our faces with and refresh ourselves, leaving us feeling better than we felt when we arrived.
05:15 AM December 04, 2012
3rd Culture Children has a wonderfully diverse mix of cultural posts, photography, food, local and daily life, and just general musings on life. It is a blog that gives you a glimpse of life as an expat, not life as a tourist living temporarily somewhere other than "home."
06:40 AM December 04, 2012
This is a fabulous blog! It's great to see how the family upped sticks and moved to La Paz. I've learnt so much about this city that I'll probably never get to visit. 3rd culture children captures the essence and portrays a vibrant and diverse city. I love it!
04:28 AM December 09, 2012
Spectacular photography and wonderful anecdotes.
23:35 PM December 09, 2012
as a TCK myself, i find "3rd culture children" is a gratifying and real glimpse into the lives of children who are growing up with the culture and traditions of more than one "home country", and the family's navigation of that journey.
01:52 AM December 10, 2012
This is a blog that just keeps on giving.
09:10 AM December 17, 2012
I love hearing about the travels and experiences of this beautiful family as they experience everything living in Bolivia has to offer.