3rd Culture Children
Latest Blog Posts »
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Jubilant 1 month ago Exercising our best parenting pride – snapshots of a regular Saturday morning, running between kids sports activities… our jubilant attempt to raise healthy children. We’re satisfied, proud, and exhausted…. until next Saturday!
- A great Washington Post Read: 'A tale of two temperaments: Same Parents, Different Kids' 2 months ago This morning, I stumbled upon this short op-piece from the Washington Post. Easy, quick, enjoyable read – and it represents exactly what I sometimes feel regarding raising our 3 children: they all came from the very same set of parents, we’ve offered them the same opportunities, require the...
- Snapshots of an expat life in Brazil: working with Science and Public Health 2 months ago Filed under: BRASIL, Brazil, EDUCATION, expat, foreign service, photography, Public heath, science, technology Tagged: Ahoraeagora_cwb, Hiv, Hiv self-testing, Hivbrazil, living in Brazil, Test4hiv
- Snapshots of Project 'The Time is Now' in Brazil: #Test4HIV #ahoraeagora_cwb 2 months ago Filed under: BRASIL, Brazil, expat, foreign service, photography, technology Tagged: CDC, Curitiba, Fight HIV, Public heath, Testingmakesusstronger
- Snapshots of Mother's Day in Brazil 1 month ago Filed under: BRASIL, Brasilia, Brazil, FAMILY, foreign service, photography, TRAVEL Tagged: Children, expat life, family in Brazil, italian food, love, mother's day, mother's day celebration, Tratoria Rosario
Contest Entries »
- Twenty Reasons for Adding Bolivia to Your Expat Visiting List ! Expat Blog Awards 2013 Bolivia is a culturally diverse, geographically unique and strange in so many other ways that it’s hard to find another place/country quite like it. And this statement is coming from a ‘serial expat’, a traveling mother of third-culture...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Bolivia Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Bolivia!Copy and paste code to display the Bolivia Award Badge:
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Bolivia Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Bolivia!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on 3rd Culture Children
02:08 AM December 04, 2012
Fantastic blog: hits all the highs and lows, the ironies and little joys of life as 3rd culture children. Love it.
03:32 AM December 04, 2012
3rdculturechilren is not your regular run of the mill blog....it's multi-faceted...it's a cultural trip to every destination the family has been posted, it's a stress reliever when it offers readers a glimpse of family life, it's informative when it raises a topic and discusses it and for those of us out there who need a respite from the travails of life in general it's like a hot-towel to wipe our faces with and refresh ourselves, leaving us feeling better than we felt when we arrived.
05:15 AM December 04, 2012
3rd Culture Children has a wonderfully diverse mix of cultural posts, photography, food, local and daily life, and just general musings on life. It is a blog that gives you a glimpse of life as an expat, not life as a tourist living temporarily somewhere other than "home."
06:40 AM December 04, 2012
This is a fabulous blog! It's great to see how the family upped sticks and moved to La Paz. I've learnt so much about this city that I'll probably never get to visit. 3rd culture children captures the essence and portrays a vibrant and diverse city. I love it!
04:28 AM December 09, 2012
Spectacular photography and wonderful anecdotes.
23:35 PM December 09, 2012
as a TCK myself, i find "3rd culture children" is a gratifying and real glimpse into the lives of children who are growing up with the culture and traditions of more than one "home country", and the family's navigation of that journey.
01:52 AM December 10, 2012
This is a blog that just keeps on giving.
09:10 AM December 17, 2012
I love hearing about the travels and experiences of this beautiful family as they experience everything living in Bolivia has to offer.