Life of an Expat in Guantanamo Bay
Latest Blog Posts »
- Our Family's Last Days in GTMO 1 year ago I should be at the pier right about now to attend the USS CARR (FFG 52) Ship Tour, but here I am blogging about my family’s last days in GTMO. Yes, if you haven’t heard, we are leaving. Our life … Continue reading →
- It Don't "GTMO" Better Than This. Or Does It? 1 year ago In February of 2011, I learned a new popular catch phrase that is now too often used around the base. There are variations of the phrase from “It don’t ‘GTMO’ better than this” to “Life don’t ‘GTMO’ better than this,” … Continue reading →
- GTMO Life Is For You If... 1 year ago In my earlier blog entry entitled “Things You Should Know Before Relocating to GTMO,” I promised that I would highlight the “positive” factors about GTMO. I noticed some of the items on my positive list were also on my negative … Continue reading →
- A GTMO Life Is A Fit Life...Well, For Most People Anyways. 1 year ago “Let’s go walking,” I said to my husband early in the wee morning…around 5 a.m. He stared at me with a confused look, laid his head back down, and pulled his covers over his head. “Let’s go walking,” I said … Continue reading →
- A Message From My 13 Year Old Daughter 1 year ago If you have been reading my blogs and keeping up with me on Facebook, you’re probably wondering why I have this post today. I announced on my Facebook page that I would not be posting any new blog entries today … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on Life of an Expat in Guantanamo Bay
19:20 PM November 23, 2012
Life of an Expat in GTMO, Cuba is an informative and entertaining blog site that I find is an excellent resource for anyone interested in relocating to GTMO, especially for U.S. contractors. Read the "Things You Should Know Before Relocating to GTMO." Very good information!
20:17 PM November 24, 2012
I found this to be very informative and an exciting entry to read. I think you should keep doing the excellent blogging so that readers like myself can something to read and relate to. Thanks for all of your wonderful blog postings and keep up the excellwnt work!!
06:11 AM November 25, 2012
I very much enjoy reading this blog. I am a U.S. contractor based in Kuwait, but I feel like some of my experiences are similiar to what is described by the author. I feel like I have gotten to know Kristen and her family. Very informative and enjoyable to read!