Ellen in Turkey
Latest Blog Posts »
- Seljuk 6 months ago Seljuk is a post from: Ellen in Turkey Seljuk is a post from: Ellen in Turkey The next stop on my trip was Seljuk. This is the city closest to Ephesus, but it also has a lot to see within the city. The famous Ephesus site isn’t even the oldest thing here: excavations on Ayasuluk Hill have found...
- Hierapolis: Bathing among the Ruins 11 months ago Hierapolis: Bathing among the Ruins is a post from: Ellen in Turkey Hierapolis: Bathing among the Ruins is a post from: Ellen in Turkey After climbing the travertines, one arrives at the remains of the ancient city of Hierapolis, whose main attraction (for me) is the natural mineral water pool...
- Pamukkale 1 year ago Pamukkale is a post from: Ellen in Turkey Pamukkale is a post from: Ellen in Turkey I only fell once on the climb up the travertines of Pamukkale. I thought that was pretty good, considering I was walking uphill, barefoot, on slippery wet rock. “Pamukkale” is Turkish for “cotton castle”,...
- Antalya : Monuments and Memories 1 year ago Antalya : Monuments and Memories is a post from: Ellen in Turkey Antalya : Monuments and Memories is a post from: Ellen in Turkey Antalya has become such a popular vacation spot that it was the third most visited city in the world in 2012, after Paris and London. Most of the tourists seem to come...
- Top 10 Things I'll Miss about Living in Turkey 1 year ago Top 10 Things I’ll Miss about Living in Turkey is a post from: Ellen in Turkey Top 10 Things I’ll Miss about Living in Turkey is a post from: Ellen in Turkey I recently moved from Antalya to San Diego to be near my elderly parents. Interestingly, when I told my Turkish friends why I was moving...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Turkey Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Turkey!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on Ellen in Turkey
11:28 AM November 24, 2012
Ellen writes a very interesting blog from her personal experiences as a New Yorker expat perspective living in Antalya. I particularly like the way she informs about the area and culture in her stories and her photos are very well chosen. Great blog!
11:34 AM November 24, 2012
I have been following Ellen's blog for some time now. Even though I have been living in Turkey for almost 12 years, I find interesting information and stories on Ellen's blog that I never knew. Her writing is informative, easy to read and paired with lovely photos. Keep up the great work Ellen.
11:37 AM November 24, 2012
Great blog! Fun, informative, humorous and always interesting and well written! This blog should definitely win an award!
11:53 AM November 24, 2012
I love Ellen's blog! It's informative and entertaining, and gives me a vicarious experience of living in Turkey.
12:00 PM November 24, 2012
Smart. Fun. Genuine. Insightful. Bravo!
12:30 PM November 24, 2012
Very very interesting blog, always informative and leaves readers eager to visit the region or venue described! Keep up the good work.
12:32 PM November 24, 2012
When I first moved to Turkey, Ellen's blog was the Number One source for me when it came to learning all "Expat in Turkey" things. Her blogs are always VERY informative and extremely well-written. Keep it up, Ellen!!! xo Olga
19:18 PM November 24, 2012
If you want an informative blog that is also funny, has great photos and is well written, this is the blog to go to.
21:02 PM November 24, 2012
Ellen's posts keep the reader coming back for more. Her writing is clear and evocative, and her topics wonderfully varied. I had never considered Turkey a vacation destination before; now I do! Many thanks, Ellen!
09:59 AM November 25, 2012
Love the blog about Turkish Wedding I have been to a few and Ellens observations are so true. One of the weddings I attended had real money thrown onto the dance floor along with gold coins. Looking forward to your next blog Ellen keep up the good work.
07:14 AM November 26, 2012
Ellen is doing a great job. It is lovely to read what she write about my own country. Keep going Ellen!!
17:19 PM December 03, 2012
I always look forward to Ellen's new posts. I had never thought I might want to visit Turkey, but I find her stories and observations fascinating as well as entertaining and would like to experience some of it for myself. Great job, Ellen :)