Ellen in Turkey
Latest Blog Posts »
- How to get a Residency Permit in Antalya, Turkey 3 months ago How to get a Residency Permit in Antalya, Turkey is a post from: Ellen in Turkey How to get a Residency Permit in Antalya, Turkey is a post from: Ellen in Turkey I get many messages from readers asking about residency permits in Turkey, despite the fact that I’ve already written two posts about...
- The Hotel Del Coronado 4 months ago The Hotel Del Coronado is a post from: Ellen in Turkey The Hotel Del Coronado is a post from: Ellen in Turkey While visiting my parents in San Diego this summer we spent a few days in the Hotel del Coronado for a beach vacation. Since I only visit once a year from Turkey I tend to stay a while, and...
- Moscow - Museums and Metro Stations 6 months ago Moscow – Museums and Metro Stations is a post from: Ellen in Turkey Moscow – Museums and Metro Stations is a post from: Ellen in Turkey Like most large capital cities, Moscow has several museums. The main attraction is of course the Kremlin. You can’t enter the part still used by the...
- Goodbye for the Summer, Antalya 5 months ago Goodbye for the Summer, Antalya is a post from: Ellen in Turkey Goodbye for the Summer, Antalya is a post from: Ellen in Turkey Every summer I escape the worst of Antalya ‘s heat and travel to the U. S. to visit friends and family. The other day I was at the beach with a few friends and Yusuf...
- Moscow: Old Arbat Street, and Why I Travel 5 months ago Moscow: Old Arbat Street, and Why I Travel is a post from: Ellen in Turkey Moscow: Old Arbat Street, and Why I Travel is a post from: Ellen in Turkey Old Arbat Street, usually just called “the Arbat” , is a pedestrian street in central Moscow. The street has been around since 15th century...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Turkey Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Turkey!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on Ellen in Turkey
11:28 AM November 24, 2012
Ellen writes a very interesting blog from her personal experiences as a New Yorker expat perspective living in Antalya. I particularly like the way she informs about the area and culture in her stories and her photos are very well chosen. Great blog!
11:34 AM November 24, 2012
I have been following Ellen's blog for some time now. Even though I have been living in Turkey for almost 12 years, I find interesting information and stories on Ellen's blog that I never knew. Her writing is informative, easy to read and paired with lovely photos. Keep up the great work Ellen.
11:37 AM November 24, 2012
Great blog! Fun, informative, humorous and always interesting and well written! This blog should definitely win an award!
11:53 AM November 24, 2012
I love Ellen's blog! It's informative and entertaining, and gives me a vicarious experience of living in Turkey.
12:00 PM November 24, 2012
Smart. Fun. Genuine. Insightful. Bravo!
12:30 PM November 24, 2012
Very very interesting blog, always informative and leaves readers eager to visit the region or venue described! Keep up the good work.
12:32 PM November 24, 2012
When I first moved to Turkey, Ellen's blog was the Number One source for me when it came to learning all "Expat in Turkey" things. Her blogs are always VERY informative and extremely well-written. Keep it up, Ellen!!! xo Olga
19:18 PM November 24, 2012
If you want an informative blog that is also funny, has great photos and is well written, this is the blog to go to.
21:02 PM November 24, 2012
Ellen's posts keep the reader coming back for more. Her writing is clear and evocative, and her topics wonderfully varied. I had never considered Turkey a vacation destination before; now I do! Many thanks, Ellen!
09:59 AM November 25, 2012
Love the blog about Turkish Wedding I have been to a few and Ellens observations are so true. One of the weddings I attended had real money thrown onto the dance floor along with gold coins. Looking forward to your next blog Ellen keep up the good work.
07:14 AM November 26, 2012
Ellen is doing a great job. It is lovely to read what she write about my own country. Keep going Ellen!!
17:19 PM December 03, 2012
I always look forward to Ellen's new posts. I had never thought I might want to visit Turkey, but I find her stories and observations fascinating as well as entertaining and would like to experience some of it for myself. Great job, Ellen :)