Georgia On My Mind
Latest Blog Posts »
- Zaza Pachulia: Why Georgians Ruined NBA Voting 7 months ago From 1974 until 2016, American basketball fans were able to vote for the starting lineup of the NBA's All-Star game, so that the players in this exhibition game were actually the most popular players in the league, as determined by fan votes. Last month, however, the NBA announced that the fan...
- "Love it or Leave it" - On Cultural Narcissism 11 months ago A reader asks, “why in the hell are you still living in here when every post of yours involves amd critics Georgia and its people in there”. I actually get this question a lot – this, or its imperative version … Continue reading →
- On "Hats Off" 11 months ago What is the point of having students take their hats off when they come into the school building? As far as I can tell, there is no educational benefit to be gained from removing your hat. It’s not like the … Continue reading →
- This is why we can't have nice things 1 year ago Perhaps you’ve already heard the news that’s prompted me to come out of retirement and get back on my high horse: a group of Georgian chauvinists decided to bust up a film screening at a vegan cafe, because these days … Continue reading →
- You really have no idea, do you? 1 year ago One of my colleagues asked what the worst thing about living in Georgia was. Now, I’ve learned my lesson about being negative and I rarely offer Georgians unsolicited criticism of their country in normal social interactions (contrary to what you … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Georgia Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Georgia!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Georgia On My Mind has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!