Georgia On My Mind
Latest Blog Posts »
- Dead Links and the Dirty Ground 5 months ago As part of my Blogging Renaissance* I decided to update my blogroll. Hoo boy. The link rot is real. Apparently I haven’t actually gone through and removed dead links from my sidebar since sometime in 2012. That makes sense, since … Continue reading →
- A Blogging Renaissance 4 months ago First of all, Merry Christmas! Even though the day is over here in Georgia, it’s still Christmas back in the States. Of course in Georgia it’s just another Monday, which I realized when I got stuck in traffic trying to … Continue reading →
- Victim-Blaming in Georgia (or, stop telling women not to be "too friendly") 9 months ago Recently, a woman posted on a Georgian expat facebook community that she had been sexually harassed on three separate occasions during her brief vacation in Georgia. Surprisingly, most of the comments were sympathetic and supportive. Predictably, there were also a … Continue reading →
- Zaza Pachulia: Why Georgians Ruined NBA Voting 1 year ago From 1974 until 2016, American basketball fans were able to vote for the starting lineup of the NBA's All-Star game, so that the players in this exhibition game were actually the most popular players in the league, as determined by fan votes. Last month, however, the NBA announced that the fan...
- "Love it or Leave it" - On Cultural Narcissism 1 year ago A reader asks, “why in the hell are you still living in here when every post of yours involves amd critics Georgia and its people in there”. I actually get this question a lot – this, or its imperative version … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Georgia Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Georgia!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Georgia On My Mind has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!