Georgia On My Mind
Latest Blog Posts »
- Kakheti Wine Tour 2 weeks ago Kakheti is Georgia’s most famous wine region, and as such, it has an extensive variety of wine-related tourist destinations. On Thursday I took my family on a tour of three. 1. The Alexandre Chavchavadze House Museum in Tsinandali http://www.tsinandali.com/index_en.html For … Continue reading...
- Wait Your Turn 4 months ago I am going to offer the rare piece of blunt, prescriptive advice: I think Georgians should learn to wait their turn. Normally I shy away from direct criticism of Georgian culture, at least on this blog, and opt for describing … Continue reading →
- Why are Georgians homophobic? 4 months ago There have been some interesting developments this year regarding today’s International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia. For some background context, Georgian LGBT rights activists have been trying to hold demonstrations against homophobia in Georgia for several years now. On May …...
- I take it back: don't respect your own traditions 6 months ago In case you didn’t catch it, the title is referring to a post I wrote before called “Respect Your Own Traditions” – emphasis on “your own” – arguing that Georgians should not selectively demand respect for some traditions while ignoring … Continue reading →
- The Hanmer Guest House 8 months ago Let me take a post to shamelessly plug the Hanmer Guest House. It was certainly the highlight of our trip and made everything we endured worthwhile. The house is owned and operated by Tony Hanmer and his wife, Lali. They … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Georgia Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Georgia!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Georgia On My Mind has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!