Georgia On My Mind
Latest Blog Posts »
- Why are Georgians homophobic? 1 week ago There have been some interesting developments this year regarding today’s International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia. For some background context, Georgian LGBT rights activists have been trying to hold demonstrations against homophobia in Georgia for several years now. On May …...
- I take it back: don't respect your own traditions 2 months ago In case you didn’t catch it, the title is referring to a post I wrote before called “Respect Your Own Traditions” – emphasis on “your own” – arguing that Georgians should not selectively demand respect for some traditions while ignoring … Continue reading →
- The Hanmer Guest House 4 months ago Let me take a post to shamelessly plug the Hanmer Guest House. It was certainly the highlight of our trip and made everything we endured worthwhile. The house is owned and operated by Tony Hanmer and his wife, Lali. They … Continue reading →
- Lunch in Zugdidi 4 months ago There are two main routes to Mestia/Upper Svaneti. One goes through Lower Svaneti – if you were coming from Tbilisi, you’d hang a right at Kutaisi and head straight north, through Lentekhi. This was our initial plan because it looks … Continue reading →
- Off to Svaneti 4 months ago Well I realize that I have not posted since I started my new job. I am now teaching MYP Design (no more English!) at an IB school here in Tbilisi. It is a lot more work than TLG, to say … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Georgia Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Georgia!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Georgia On My Mind has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!