Georgia On My Mind
Latest Blog Posts »
- Then They Build Monuments To You 4 days ago “First they ignore you. Then they ridicule you. And then they attack you and want to burn you. And then they build monuments to you.” – Nicholas Klein, American trade unionist Yesterday was the International Day Against Homophobia, and as … Continue reading →
- Easter, Religion, and my Georgian Family 2 weeks ago So I have this dilemma. Last year after Easter I was faced with the challenge of explaining to my students and coteachers that saying “Christ is risen” is a violation of the uneasy truce that exists in much of America … Continue reading →
- Rape Culture vs. Traditional Culture 3 months ago The Steubenville rape and the Adria Richards fiasco have given me an idea of what Georgians mean when they say that women are more respected in their culture. I can’t imagine either of those things happening here. I would ask … Continue reading →
- Quality of Life, Political Economy, and Ethnocentrism 2 months ago A CNN article caused an uproar in the Georgiasphere because it listed Tbilisi as an example of one of the world’s worst cities. This list was based on the Mercer “Quality of Living” survey which rates 221 cities based on … Continue reading →
- Ban Smoking 3 months ago Every once in a while I have to remind myself to be compassionate. I am easily annoyed by relatively insignificant things, and if I’m not careful I find myself reacting towards strangers with loathing and disgust, and when this spiral … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Georgia!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Georgia On My Mind has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!