Georgia On My Mind
Latest Blog Posts »
- Myths about the Georgian Alphabet 2 weeks ago Agenda.ge appears to be a mildly nationalistic, pro-regime English-language news site in Georgia. They often write feel-good pieces promoting Georgia to English readers, and there’s really nothing wrong with that, and so even though the faint whiff of propaganda rises … Continue reading →
- the heart of amusement world 3 weeks ago Indeed, I have already obtained some measure of amusement from the new East Point shopping center. It’s an innovative kind of bad Georgian English – almost Palinesque in its placement of imagery over grammar, evocative of a poorly translated Chinese … Continue reading →
- Kakheti Wine Tour 3 months ago Kakheti is Georgia’s most famous wine region, and as such, it has an extensive variety of wine-related tourist destinations. On Thursday I took my family on a tour of three. 1. The Alexandre Chavchavadze House Museum in Tsinandali http://www.tsinandali.com/index_en.html For … Continue reading...
- Wait Your Turn 5 months ago I am going to offer the rare piece of blunt, prescriptive advice: I think Georgians should learn to wait their turn. Normally I shy away from direct criticism of Georgian culture, at least on this blog, and opt for describing … Continue reading →
- Why are Georgians homophobic? 5 months ago There have been some interesting developments this year regarding today’s International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia. For some background context, Georgian LGBT rights activists have been trying to hold demonstrations against homophobia in Georgia for several years now. On May …...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Georgia Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Georgia!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Georgia On My Mind has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!