Georgia On My Mind
Latest Blog Posts »
- To Teach a Programmer 2 weeks ago This might fall under the category of “things that should have been obvious”, but teaching programming is vastly different from teaching English. I’m in my second semester – the long semester – which I started off by introducing the kids … Continue reading →
- Private Schooling and Making a Difference 2 months ago In the past I’ve made fun of the idea that TLG volunteers are “volunteers”, given that we were being paid more than the local teachers who were carrying the weight of our students’ education. Still, there was something of the … Continue reading →
- Liberty Without Guns 4 months ago Georgia has pretty strict gun control laws – not that you would notice. I have often described the country as a libertarian paradise in many ways – laws are few and far between, and enforcement of existing laws is often … Continue reading →
- Respect Your Own Traditions 4 months ago So, first, there’s this (.pdf). It’s a report about human rights in Georgia, which factually outlines a number of accomplishments and a number of shortcomings. Then, there’s this, an open letter from some Georgian folks in response to the report. … Continue reading →
- Comments Policy Addendum 5 months ago I am all for reasonable discussion of disagreements, but it has become apparent to me that some people are commenting on some of my posts – especially the last one – in order to air some personal grievances, rather than … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Georgia Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Georgia!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Georgia On My Mind has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!