Georgia On My Mind
Latest Blog Posts »
- You really have no idea, do you? 7 months ago One of my colleagues asked what the worst thing about living in Georgia was. Now, I’ve learned by lesson about being negative and I rarely offer Georgians unsolicited criticism of their country in normal social interactions (contrary to what you … Continue reading →
- Myths about the Georgian Alphabet 8 months ago Agenda.ge appears to be a mildly nationalistic, pro-regime English-language news site in Georgia. They often write feel-good pieces promoting Georgia to English readers, and there’s really nothing wrong with that, and so even though the faint whiff of propaganda rises … Continue reading →
- the heart of amusement world 8 months ago Indeed, I have already obtained some measure of amusement from the new East Point shopping center. It’s an innovative kind of bad Georgian English – almost Palinesque in its placement of imagery over grammar, evocative of a poorly translated Chinese … Continue reading →
- Kakheti Wine Tour 10 months ago Kakheti is Georgia’s most famous wine region, and as such, it has an extensive variety of wine-related tourist destinations. On Thursday I took my family on a tour of three. 1. The Alexandre Chavchavadze House Museum in Tsinandali http://www.tsinandali.com/index_en.html For … Continue reading...
- Wait Your Turn 11 months ago I am going to offer the rare piece of blunt, prescriptive advice: I think Georgians should learn to wait their turn. Normally I shy away from direct criticism of Georgian culture, at least on this blog, and opt for describing … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Georgia Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Georgia!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Georgia On My Mind has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!