Georgia On My Mind
Latest Blog Posts »
- "Love it or Leave it" - On Cultural Narcissism 4 months ago A reader asks, “why in the hell are you still living in here when every post of yours involves amd critics Georgia and its people in there”. I actually get this question a lot – this, or its imperative version … Continue reading →
- On "Hats Off" 4 months ago What is the point of having students take their hats off when they come into the school building? As far as I can tell, there is no educational benefit to be gained from removing your hat. It’s not like the … Continue reading →
- This is why we can't have nice things 7 months ago Perhaps you’ve already heard the news that’s prompted me to come out of retirement and get back on my high horse: a group of Georgian chauvinists decided to bust up a film screening at a vegan cafe, because these days … Continue reading →
- You really have no idea, do you? 1 year ago One of my colleagues asked what the worst thing about living in Georgia was. Now, I’ve learned my lesson about being negative and I rarely offer Georgians unsolicited criticism of their country in normal social interactions (contrary to what you … Continue reading →
- Myths about the Georgian Alphabet 1 year ago Agenda.ge appears to be a mildly nationalistic, pro-regime English-language news site in Georgia. They often write feel-good pieces promoting Georgia to English readers, and there’s really nothing wrong with that, and so even though the faint whiff of propaganda rises … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Georgia Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Georgia!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Georgia On My Mind has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!