A Kiwi Expat in PNG
Latest Blog Posts »
- Blockchain in Papua New Guinea, Myth or Messiah 3 days ago Even if you aren’t in the technology field, you would have had to be living under a rock to have not heard anything about Blockchain. Blockchain is the “ledger” that enables cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin to be bought and sold, and … Continue reading →
- Why Internet Connectivity and Cost Reduction should be a top priority for this Papua New Guinean Government. 1 week ago In 2011, there were just 70,000 people using Facebook in PNG. A mere 1% of population. Elsewhere around the world, Facebook had effectively become the mainstream communication forum and sudo news outlet. In PNG it was being used by a … Continue reading →
- A tourist: 24 hours in Port Moresby 3 months ago Papua New Guinea does get quite a few tourists, with most opting for either trekking the Kokoda Track, or venturing further afield to various tourist hotspots around the country. PNG has started to really open up, and the experienced traveller … Continue reading →
- Getting the "right" PNG contract 4 months ago I can’t count the number of emails or questions that I receive regarding Salaries and Contracts, and although I can answer most questions, I can’t tell you if your salary is good enough, or that you will save enough money. … Continue reading →
- Papua New Guinea the Journey of the Land of the Unexpected 3 months ago It’s all very exciting, coming to Papua New Guinea, but what’s it like to leave? This is the PNG Journey (condensed of course): Day 1 – you apply for a role in PNG, either you saw it on the internet, … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Papua New Guinea Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Papua New Guinea!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 11 reviews on A Kiwi Expat in PNG
08:22 AM November 26, 2012
Definitely recommend Aaron's blog for anyone thinking of living in Papua New Guinea. It's definitely the most informative, useful & wittiest one out there by a very long shot!!
18:58 PM November 26, 2012
After reading Aaron's blog I actually feel like I have lived in PNG. It is informative and genuine. We always look forward to reading the next one. Bring it on Aaron - Loving it. Cheers
20:35 PM November 26, 2012
Loving the blog I kinda find this hard to believe through.;-) "I know it's not like I'm in it for anything"
03:53 AM November 30, 2012
I've been following Aaron's blog since I moved to POM in Feb this year. Random news and social updates that I wouldn't read in any local papers. Highly recommended reading for PNG-&-non-residents alike!
03:59 AM December 04, 2012
Well done Aaron, for a kiwi you write really well. Always good to read your balanced view on things. Keep it up mate. Cheers John, Jane and Jett
04:01 AM December 04, 2012
very captivating and descriptive encounters of an expat's experience living in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. i loved some of the blogs because i couldn't a better story out from the local newspapers
04:01 AM December 04, 2012
I would highly recommend reading Aaron's Blog to anyone out there because it describes how life really is here in PNG for both Expats and locals. Check it out more informative than the local media!
13:18 PM December 04, 2012
Love your blog Aaron and your sense of humour. Your observations and descriptions make me smile in appreciation because they are so real.
19:05 PM December 04, 2012
A nice blog. Good to hear he perspective of an expert living in the land of the unexpected. Top stuff Aaron.
21:35 PM December 04, 2012
Great blog - Great (if not vital) information for those moving to Port Moresby. Love the shades of larikinism and the cool-headed appreciative writing. As a Moresby local, I can see you've clearly fit in.
22:16 PM December 18, 2012
always a boody brilliant read :)