A Kiwi Expat in PNG
Latest Blog Posts »
- Violence and Tragedy here in PNG 5 months ago As you would have found out, Port Moresby is classified as one of the most dangerous cities in the world. And yes, POM does have its issues, and simple things like the banning of buai sellers may just increase crime … Continue reading →
- Rabaul and Kokopo Part 2 6 months ago Some more photos of our recent trip to Kokopo and Rabaul, enjoy We loved Kokopo – and would go back in a heart beat, Aaron
- Rabaul and Kokopo - East New Britain 7 months ago Last week we were fortunate to visit Kokopo courtesy of a work trip for me, and then I just had to buy tickets for Jacinta and the kids (about K5000.00 worth!)… We stayed at the marvelous Gazelle International Hotel where … Continue reading →
- Don't be shy! 8 months ago I had to go and get some groceries today, and whilst sitting in Lei’s Cafe at The Waterfront enjoying a coffee with no wife nor kids, I noticed a couple of people kept glancing furtive glances my way. Either I’m … Continue reading →
- Time out in Lae 8 months ago On Thursday I caught the very early morning flight to Lae. I had been avoiding the place for 2 years, but had to suck it up and go over for 2 days for work, and you know what? Lae ain’t … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Papua New Guinea Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Papua New Guinea!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 11 reviews on A Kiwi Expat in PNG
08:22 AM November 26, 2012
Definitely recommend Aaron's blog for anyone thinking of living in Papua New Guinea. It's definitely the most informative, useful & wittiest one out there by a very long shot!!
18:58 PM November 26, 2012
After reading Aaron's blog I actually feel like I have lived in PNG. It is informative and genuine. We always look forward to reading the next one. Bring it on Aaron - Loving it. Cheers
20:35 PM November 26, 2012
Loving the blog I kinda find this hard to believe through.;-) "I know it's not like I'm in it for anything"
03:53 AM November 30, 2012
I've been following Aaron's blog since I moved to POM in Feb this year. Random news and social updates that I wouldn't read in any local papers. Highly recommended reading for PNG-&-non-residents alike!
03:59 AM December 04, 2012
Well done Aaron, for a kiwi you write really well. Always good to read your balanced view on things. Keep it up mate. Cheers John, Jane and Jett
04:01 AM December 04, 2012
very captivating and descriptive encounters of an expat's experience living in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. i loved some of the blogs because i couldn't a better story out from the local newspapers
04:01 AM December 04, 2012
I would highly recommend reading Aaron's Blog to anyone out there because it describes how life really is here in PNG for both Expats and locals. Check it out more informative than the local media!
13:18 PM December 04, 2012
Love your blog Aaron and your sense of humour. Your observations and descriptions make me smile in appreciation because they are so real.
19:05 PM December 04, 2012
A nice blog. Good to hear he perspective of an expert living in the land of the unexpected. Top stuff Aaron.
21:35 PM December 04, 2012
Great blog - Great (if not vital) information for those moving to Port Moresby. Love the shades of larikinism and the cool-headed appreciative writing. As a Moresby local, I can see you've clearly fit in.
22:16 PM December 18, 2012
always a boody brilliant read :)