A Kiwi Expat in PNG
Latest Blog Posts »
- The wages paradox here in Port Moresby 2 months ago I’ve been thinking a lot about the wages situation here in PNG, lots of us talk about the same issues…. The big issue for our National staff is family commitments, with no social welfare, and very little in the way … Continue reading →
- 3 years on, our PNG adventure continues 2 months ago I began this journey well over 3 years ago, but arrived here in Port Moresby on the 18th August 2011, 3 very short years ago. Over the past 3 years, I think I have answered a few thousand emails from … Continue reading →
- Lunch this week at The Aviat 3 months ago Thought this might be valuable for those of you coming up to see what a nice lunch at the Aviat costs: Daily Specials 7th July 2014 11am-2pm Monday Lunch Garlic Prawns w/ rice & vegetables K30.00 Pepper Steak w/ chips … Continue reading →
- Susu Mama's Ball 2014 - Port Moresby 4 months ago If you were lucky to get a ticket to last nights Susu Mama’s charity ball then you would have had a great night, and if you didn’t, you missed out on a wonderful event. This years theme was 1920’s Prohibition, … Continue reading →
- Where to watch "the game" in Port Moresby 5 months ago Last night reminded me why it’s great being a kiwi… The mighty All Blacks, rusty as all hell – getting across the line against the old foe England in our national game – rugby. So, you arrive in PNG, get … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Papua New Guinea Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Papua New Guinea!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 11 reviews on A Kiwi Expat in PNG
08:22 AM November 26, 2012
Definitely recommend Aaron's blog for anyone thinking of living in Papua New Guinea. It's definitely the most informative, useful & wittiest one out there by a very long shot!!
18:58 PM November 26, 2012
After reading Aaron's blog I actually feel like I have lived in PNG. It is informative and genuine. We always look forward to reading the next one. Bring it on Aaron - Loving it. Cheers
20:35 PM November 26, 2012
Loving the blog I kinda find this hard to believe through.;-) "I know it's not like I'm in it for anything"
03:53 AM November 30, 2012
I've been following Aaron's blog since I moved to POM in Feb this year. Random news and social updates that I wouldn't read in any local papers. Highly recommended reading for PNG-&-non-residents alike!
03:59 AM December 04, 2012
Well done Aaron, for a kiwi you write really well. Always good to read your balanced view on things. Keep it up mate. Cheers John, Jane and Jett
04:01 AM December 04, 2012
very captivating and descriptive encounters of an expat's experience living in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. i loved some of the blogs because i couldn't a better story out from the local newspapers
04:01 AM December 04, 2012
I would highly recommend reading Aaron's Blog to anyone out there because it describes how life really is here in PNG for both Expats and locals. Check it out more informative than the local media!
13:18 PM December 04, 2012
Love your blog Aaron and your sense of humour. Your observations and descriptions make me smile in appreciation because they are so real.
19:05 PM December 04, 2012
A nice blog. Good to hear he perspective of an expert living in the land of the unexpected. Top stuff Aaron.
21:35 PM December 04, 2012
Great blog - Great (if not vital) information for those moving to Port Moresby. Love the shades of larikinism and the cool-headed appreciative writing. As a Moresby local, I can see you've clearly fit in.
22:16 PM December 18, 2012
always a boody brilliant read :)