A Kiwi Expat in PNG
Latest Blog Posts »
- Finally, a car-jacking in Port Moresby 1 month ago Blogging can be a bit of a blessing and a bit of a curse. The great thing, is that it is therapeutic to get something off your mind and down on paper. The other side – is that sometimes I … Continue reading →
- PNG National Game Fishing Titles 6 months ago The week leading up to Easter is the annual Papua New Guinea National Game Fishing Titles. This year the Titles are being held in beautiful Rabaul. As some of you may have read earlier, our last trip to Kokopo and … Continue reading →
- Facebook Pages 6 months ago Facebook is going great guns here in PNG, with lower internet costs, an influx of Andriod smartphones, and an increasingly savvy population – the outlet has turned away from Blogs and Forums, and Papua New Guineans are leaving their mark … Continue reading →
- Port Moresby for Kids 6 months ago As you may know (from looking at the About Me section) or you may not, we live here in Port Moresby with our 3 children, which is technically 2 children since one of them is now in Boarding School back … Continue reading →
- Wantok's 7 months ago Wantok (One Talk), or in Kiwi Whanau, sometime mates, cuzzies etc. Here in PNG, everyone has Wantok’s. Once you arrive in the Land of the Unexpected – you too will have Wantok’s (unless you are a dickhead – then you … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Papua New Guinea Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Papua New Guinea!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 11 reviews on A Kiwi Expat in PNG
08:22 AM November 26, 2012
Definitely recommend Aaron's blog for anyone thinking of living in Papua New Guinea. It's definitely the most informative, useful & wittiest one out there by a very long shot!!
18:58 PM November 26, 2012
After reading Aaron's blog I actually feel like I have lived in PNG. It is informative and genuine. We always look forward to reading the next one. Bring it on Aaron - Loving it. Cheers
20:35 PM November 26, 2012
Loving the blog I kinda find this hard to believe through.;-) "I know it's not like I'm in it for anything"
03:53 AM November 30, 2012
I've been following Aaron's blog since I moved to POM in Feb this year. Random news and social updates that I wouldn't read in any local papers. Highly recommended reading for PNG-&-non-residents alike!
03:59 AM December 04, 2012
Well done Aaron, for a kiwi you write really well. Always good to read your balanced view on things. Keep it up mate. Cheers John, Jane and Jett
04:01 AM December 04, 2012
very captivating and descriptive encounters of an expat's experience living in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. i loved some of the blogs because i couldn't a better story out from the local newspapers
04:01 AM December 04, 2012
I would highly recommend reading Aaron's Blog to anyone out there because it describes how life really is here in PNG for both Expats and locals. Check it out more informative than the local media!
13:18 PM December 04, 2012
Love your blog Aaron and your sense of humour. Your observations and descriptions make me smile in appreciation because they are so real.
19:05 PM December 04, 2012
A nice blog. Good to hear he perspective of an expert living in the land of the unexpected. Top stuff Aaron.
21:35 PM December 04, 2012
Great blog - Great (if not vital) information for those moving to Port Moresby. Love the shades of larikinism and the cool-headed appreciative writing. As a Moresby local, I can see you've clearly fit in.
22:16 PM December 18, 2012
always a boody brilliant read :)