A breath of foreign air
Latest Blog Posts »
- Photoessay: Carneval and Cádiz 12 hours ago Cádiz, a small city on the southwest coast of Spain, is seemingly quiet. The waves are a surreal pale green, the sand white and clean and the boardwalk was surprisingly empty as I went for an “early” morning run at 9 am. It was a Saturday morning in late February, and the peace of Cádiz…
- Semi-Domestic Bliss in Almería, Spain 5 days ago I gave myself a month to see Southern Spain, but it wasn’t until I arrived and actually got my feet on the ground that I realized what a tall order “see lots of important things in Spain in one month” actually is. Each person I spoke to insisted on another city, another place, and another…
- Photoessay: Quiescence in Alicante, Spain 1 week ago Alicante is without a doubt a typical tourist town. The bus terminal is nicely laid out and has cubbies for locking away your things for the day, the local bus system is easy to navigate, suitcases were a common sight and I heard almost as much German and British English as I did Spanish. But…
- An Introduction to Spain in Barcelona 2 weeks ago As “well traveled” as my relatives like to say I am, let’s be clear that I didn’t know very much about Spain before arriving in Barcelona. I didn’t even realize until about two weeks ago that Barcelona doesn’t speak Spanish as much as it does Catalan, a Spanish-y French-y language of...
- Featured Photograph: Sunset Over Barcelona's Waters 2 weeks ago I don’t have many words for this one. To put it in simple terms, Barcelona, Spain has been gorgeous. You can find me on the ABOFA Facebook Page or subscribe to the email list, if you’d like.
Contest Entries »
- Working Abroad in South Korea Working Abroad The pre-8am grog: half asleep showers, top-naked breakfast, awkward professional ensembles that may or may not break fashion rules that I certainly don’t care about. This is the inevitability that most of us must face when we choose to work in any...
- 10 Things You Can Only See and Do in Rural South Korea Expat Blog Awards 2013 When most people think of South Korea, they envision Seoul and the neon lights, endless streams of people on a Friday night and some funky hip hop clothes topped off with an Asian face. Allow me to balance your knowledge with a little insight into...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Korea South Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Korea South!Copy and paste code to display the Korea South Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on A breath of foreign air
06:54 AM June 28, 2013
Great blog! It made me start enjoying Korea more.
13:30 PM June 28, 2013
Sally has an effortless way of communicating her experiences without being too out of touch with the reader. Her pictures are beautiful, her insight is beautiful and it's a lot of fun to read!
06:16 AM October 17, 2013
A really delicious blog, I myself am in Korea and I love the way it captures the beauty of the country.
08:51 AM October 18, 2013
03:11 AM October 24, 2013
This is a great blog for anyone who is thinking about living, or living in, South Korea. It shows a different side of Korea that not many people get to experience; the country side. Beautifully written pieces accompanied by equally beautiful pictures, Sally is able to capture the beauty that is rural Korea.
02:28 AM October 25, 2013
Fresh, edgy – very fun! Sally has a nice way entertaining and also sharing meaningful insight - and I love her photos!