A breath of foreign air
Latest Blog Posts »
- Photoessay: Albania Blooms 3 days ago I have yet to write about Albania, but it was one of the countries that stuck with me most. While I loved the friendly people, little bits of chaos that infiltrated everyday life and the gorgeous Adriatic sea on my doorstep, the flowers are what immediately come to mind when I picture the country....
- Photoessay: Ugly Beautiful Zagreb 6 days ago I’m back home now and beginning the immense project of processing my photographs from a long five months of travel through Europe. I visited what felt like city after city, and while many were somewhat like the others, blending into the background of extended travel, Zagreb, Croatia is one...
- Displaced, But at Home 1 week ago It’s always an interesting feeling to come home when you’ve been gone for several months, and one I’m not all too unfamiliar with. I’ve come home from five months in Austria, five months in Argentina and eighteen months in South Korea and while each homecoming was not quite the same, they...
- June Reading Roundup 2 weeks ago Most of June was spent sunbathing in Albania, followed by swimming in Albania’s sea (the Adriatic), accompanied by work and cleaning at the hostel, and all of those lovely moments sprinkled with time to read some of those 130+ books on my Amazon Wishlist. A kind of heaven. During the last week of...
- iPhone Photoessay: Giovanni's Mother's Cooking 2 weeks ago Somehow, someway, I ended up on the fourth floor of an old European apartment, walls clad with twenty-year-old wallpaper and the living room desk covered in small, framed family photographs. An older Italian lady stood in the kitchen, preparing pasta for me and my Couchsurfing host. I was at...
Contest Entries »
- Working Abroad in South Korea Working Abroad The pre-8am grog: half asleep showers, top-naked breakfast, awkward professional ensembles that may or may not break fashion rules that I certainly don’t care about. This is the inevitability that most of us must face when we choose to work in any...
- 10 Things You Can Only See and Do in Rural South Korea Expat Blog Awards 2013 When most people think of South Korea, they envision Seoul and the neon lights, endless streams of people on a Friday night and some funky hip hop clothes topped off with an Asian face. Allow me to balance your knowledge with a little insight into...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Korea South Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Korea South!Copy and paste code to display the Korea South Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on A breath of foreign air
06:54 AM June 28, 2013
Great blog! It made me start enjoying Korea more.
13:30 PM June 28, 2013
Sally has an effortless way of communicating her experiences without being too out of touch with the reader. Her pictures are beautiful, her insight is beautiful and it's a lot of fun to read!
06:16 AM October 17, 2013
A really delicious blog, I myself am in Korea and I love the way it captures the beauty of the country.
08:51 AM October 18, 2013
03:11 AM October 24, 2013
This is a great blog for anyone who is thinking about living, or living in, South Korea. It shows a different side of Korea that not many people get to experience; the country side. Beautifully written pieces accompanied by equally beautiful pictures, Sally is able to capture the beauty that is rural Korea.
02:28 AM October 25, 2013
Fresh, edgy – very fun! Sally has a nice way entertaining and also sharing meaningful insight - and I love her photos!