A breath of foreign air
Latest Blog Posts »
- Celebrating My 3 Year Blogiversary! 3 days ago Holy crap, I’ve been blogging for three years today. My first ever blog post, posted on the original Tumblr blog was short, sweet, and the beginning of a whole lot of writing. There I am, off to Argentina for a semester of getting fat and learning Spanish! And boy, did I do both of those…
- Photoessay: (Delicious) Things I Ate in Spain 2 weeks ago Spain, Spain, Spain. I had a really hard time narrowing down what photos to put into the post for two reasons: there was a LOT of delicious food to choose between and I also abuse my camera and take way too many photos of my meals. (This second issue has recently been given an outlet; I…
- February + March (Pathetic) Reading Roundup 2 weeks ago Ever since I put my travel feet back on, my reading routine has gone right down the drain. It started with a few bad beginnings back in February, when I tried to read two books that I just couldn’t get into before setting off to Europe, and I left them unfinished and felt bitter about…
- Searching For My People 3 weeks ago Friendship is a fickle beast. One day you’re laughing hysterically, trying to catch your breath and the next thing you know, your friend asks you “how’s work?” and the only thing you can think to say is “good.” Other times you grow up together, attending mutual engagements but keeping...
- Photoessay: Stunning Sunsets in Spain 1 month ago When I visited Germany for two weeks last summer, I was extremely lucky with the weather. Blue skies hung above me for nearly the entire trip and I even put together a photoessay of all the sky shots I captured throughout my time there. As I left South Korea, as well, I went through my…
Contest Entries »
- Working Abroad in South Korea Working Abroad The pre-8am grog: half asleep showers, top-naked breakfast, awkward professional ensembles that may or may not break fashion rules that I certainly don’t care about. This is the inevitability that most of us must face when we choose to work in any...
- 10 Things You Can Only See and Do in Rural South Korea Expat Blog Awards 2013 When most people think of South Korea, they envision Seoul and the neon lights, endless streams of people on a Friday night and some funky hip hop clothes topped off with an Asian face. Allow me to balance your knowledge with a little insight into...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Korea South Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Korea South!Copy and paste code to display the Korea South Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on A breath of foreign air
06:54 AM June 28, 2013
Great blog! It made me start enjoying Korea more.
13:30 PM June 28, 2013
Sally has an effortless way of communicating her experiences without being too out of touch with the reader. Her pictures are beautiful, her insight is beautiful and it's a lot of fun to read!
06:16 AM October 17, 2013
A really delicious blog, I myself am in Korea and I love the way it captures the beauty of the country.
08:51 AM October 18, 2013
03:11 AM October 24, 2013
This is a great blog for anyone who is thinking about living, or living in, South Korea. It shows a different side of Korea that not many people get to experience; the country side. Beautifully written pieces accompanied by equally beautiful pictures, Sally is able to capture the beauty that is rural Korea.
02:28 AM October 25, 2013
Fresh, edgy – very fun! Sally has a nice way entertaining and also sharing meaningful insight - and I love her photos!