Latest Blog Posts »
- The Cost of Groceries 6 hours ago I've mentioned before the exorbitant cost of non-Chinese food items, but I wanted to prove it to you. I'll let you do the math (divide by six).
- Yes, Really 1 day ago The Chinese state media recently released five "surprising benefits" of smog:It unifies the Chinese people. It makes China more equal. It raises citizen awareness of the cost of China’s economic development. It makes people funnier. It makes people more knowledgeable (of things like...
- Music Men 2 days ago When walking down any major street in Shanghai, you're guaranteed to hear one of these two songs. On repeat. I'm not sure why these two songs in particular, and why there aren't any other songs in these men's collections of counterfeit CDs......but after you get past the bewilderment of this...
- Zhoumo kuaile! 6 days ago I know I've complained about the air quality before, but it's really, really bad today ("beyond index"!).This time, I can really feel it in my chest and I've had a nasty cough for few days now. If only Shima knew how to use a toilet, I wouldn't have to go outside. But she hasn't acquired that skill...
- East vs. West 1 week ago A graphic designer who was born in China but lived in Germany created a series of images that represents the differences between East and West. Although I loved them all, this one was my favorite. Check out the rest.
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Shanghai'dLex
00:36 AM December 08, 2012
This blog is my morning delight! I love hearing her adventures in China and seeing her pictures. Alexis is AWESOME! A must read. I little piece of heaven while a sip my morning coffee. :-)