Latest Blog Posts »
- Jack fell down and broke his crown 5 days ago For the first time in three days I’m sitting calmly. The sea is a deep green outside my window and the wisteria has bloomed into sprays of white and lavender. The sun is behind a cloud, but it’s there. I can feel it. And my heart has quietened now from... You're reading Jack fell down and...
- This is life 1 week ago So today I spent all day in a facility. Filling forms, fielding accusations, fighting for calm. Today, I left my love behind. In good hands truly. At least, I pray so. Today I learnt about life. They’ve all lied. Julie Andrews and the rest – life isn’t rainbows, or mittens... You're reading...
- Inspiration is everywhere 2 weeks ago It’s been a tough week, changing seasons it’s sometimes like that. Hubby’s been ill and I’ve been struggling under the strain. Add in a few work problems and exhaustion and I’ve crumbled a little. It’s OK. I’m allowed. Things don’t always have to be perfect. That’s why we have...
- Open Day 3 weeks ago It wasn’t the view, or the fact that simply walking up a Wellington street made me pant, no it was something else that really grabbed my attention. Whovian Traveller and I had been secretly looking forward to this trip to the Open Day at Victoria University in Wellington. I say... You're reading...
- Good Morning 3 months ago I’ve always been a little cynical about the whole ‘attract it and it’ll come’ view of the world. After all, I’ve been thinking positive thoughts about Mercedes Benz cars coming my way for decades now and I haven’t seen one in my driveway yet. In fact my driveway is a... You're reading...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: England Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in England!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 11 reviews on Vegemite Vix
22:14 PM October 23, 2012
Wonderful writing and inciteful anecdotes. I love this blog, there is never a boring post. It's refreshing to see my home country through the eyes of Vix.
22:42 PM October 23, 2012
I love Vicki's blog. She writes so well and it's really interesting to see here take on life in the UK.
16:17 PM October 26, 2012
Vix has a wonderful sense of humor and I frequently squirt coffee on my keyboard when reading her posts. As a Kiwi adrift in the rain soaked United Kingdom I do feel her pain and love reading about how she's trying to adapt to England's soggy climes.
16:24 PM October 26, 2012
I love Vicki's take on things. She shares her experiences of life abroad in such a way that her readers are pulled in by her wit and personable style, as if we were tucked into her bag and taken along with her on her journey.
13:10 PM November 05, 2012
Fantastic blog, with great variety and a funny outlook on life, makes me smile!
13:39 PM November 05, 2012
I love this blog - travel advice, funny anecdotes, parenting tip, relationship help - Vix has something to say on every subject under the sun and always beautifully written with a great sense of humour.
13:41 PM November 05, 2012
I enjoy reading vicki's posts, there's always a chuckle, a smile or something to make you stop and think.
14:01 PM November 05, 2012
A lovely blog narrating adapting in a new country
17:41 PM November 05, 2012
Brilliant blog, entertaining and always interesting, seeing the UK through an expats eyes.
11:40 AM November 09, 2012
Vicki's blog is often the first thing I read when I wake up in the morning. Her humourous and insightful writing has made me cry, be uplifted, be inspired to do more in this world....and frequently made me laugh!
15:33 PM December 06, 2012
A Kiwi that claims Vegemite?! Us Aussies might as well take the Finn brothers and Pavlova... Setting that aside great blog with a wide mix of topics and discussions. I enjoy catching up on Vegemite Vix when I do my blog reading.