Latest Blog Posts »
- The shower of doom 8 hours ago What is it with bathrooms? I seem to have had shockingly bad luck with bathrooms. First there was the bathroom with the glass shower screen that exploded and sprayed me with glass missiles, then there was the CSI Crime Scene bathroom of our English home renovations and now… Now we have the shower...
- Christmas rules are for breaking 4 days ago We’ve always had rules about Christmas in our house. No talking about the ‘C’ word until December. Christmas cards must be written in November for sending across the other side of the world – though they never get sent. They sit at the bottom of my handbag getting curled and smelly until...
- Auckland City Shark 5 days ago One of the best things about living in Auckland, New Zealand is that the country never fails to surprise. Today I saw a shark for breakfast. At the inner city beach – Bucklands Beach – where I live. I was running along (read jogging interspersed with walking/hobbling) the beach front when...
- The ultimate how to blog 1 week ago The first in a weekly series of How to Blog posts A few friends and I were having a few wines the other day and the question came up, as it often does, about how to blog. More specifically how to get started, how often to post, where to publicise your scratchings and how to […]You're reading The...
- The very early Christmas Breakfast Club 1 week ago Here’s to those of us who wake too early. Who slip back into sleep after waking with the 3am panics only to find themselves exhausted and shaking at 5am. Who admit defeat. Who get up. And sit in the quiet lounge. So quiet. Even the birds haven’t got out of the nest and brushed their […]You're...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: England Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in England!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 11 reviews on Vegemite Vix
22:14 PM October 23, 2012
Wonderful writing and inciteful anecdotes. I love this blog, there is never a boring post. It's refreshing to see my home country through the eyes of Vix.
22:42 PM October 23, 2012
I love Vicki's blog. She writes so well and it's really interesting to see here take on life in the UK.
16:17 PM October 26, 2012
Vix has a wonderful sense of humor and I frequently squirt coffee on my keyboard when reading her posts. As a Kiwi adrift in the rain soaked United Kingdom I do feel her pain and love reading about how she's trying to adapt to England's soggy climes.
16:24 PM October 26, 2012
I love Vicki's take on things. She shares her experiences of life abroad in such a way that her readers are pulled in by her wit and personable style, as if we were tucked into her bag and taken along with her on her journey.
13:10 PM November 05, 2012
Fantastic blog, with great variety and a funny outlook on life, makes me smile!
13:39 PM November 05, 2012
I love this blog - travel advice, funny anecdotes, parenting tip, relationship help - Vix has something to say on every subject under the sun and always beautifully written with a great sense of humour.
13:41 PM November 05, 2012
I enjoy reading vicki's posts, there's always a chuckle, a smile or something to make you stop and think.
14:01 PM November 05, 2012
A lovely blog narrating adapting in a new country
17:41 PM November 05, 2012
Brilliant blog, entertaining and always interesting, seeing the UK through an expats eyes.
11:40 AM November 09, 2012
Vicki's blog is often the first thing I read when I wake up in the morning. Her humourous and insightful writing has made me cry, be uplifted, be inspired to do more in this world....and frequently made me laugh!
15:33 PM December 06, 2012
A Kiwi that claims Vegemite?! Us Aussies might as well take the Finn brothers and Pavlova... Setting that aside great blog with a wide mix of topics and discussions. I enjoy catching up on Vegemite Vix when I do my blog reading.