Latest Blog Posts »
- The Rosie Effect 1 week ago I’ve seen this book around and heard good things about it and have been wanting to read it for a while so it was with great glee that I spied a copy in The Warehouse on sale for only $9! Woohoo. I’ve started reading it and despite being warned that it takes a while to...
- Colouring in books 1 week ago When I was a young teen I used to spend many a cold Winter’s day hanging about inside with DoodleArt – a kind of large scale colouring in project kit. Imagine my surprise to learn that at the tender age of 47 my love of colouring in hasn’t left me. Of course it’s the big...
- Reina Cottier Art 1 week ago Here’s some WordArt that goes above and beyond the typical affirmations we see on Facebook. Reina’s images are magical yet prayerful, soul stirring and soul challenging. I particularly love the angel wings – it really speaks to me. You can find your own special piece on Reina’s website and...
- Wild at Heart 1 week ago There’s a story in New Zealand history that speaks of the huge journey and sacrifices our settlers made. It goes like this – when the ships entered Wellington harbour and the settlers looked up at the gargantuan bush covered wind swept hills, the disappointment was palpable. It’s said some of...
- The mountain is real 3 weeks ago They told me there’s a Mountain there, crisp with snow, but as we slid out of the Mangakino gorge into Taranaki proper I saw no sign. He used to drive like a bat out of hell, one hand on the steering wheel one grasping at the visions of the way ahead as if...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: England Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in England!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 11 reviews on Vegemite Vix
22:14 PM October 23, 2012
Wonderful writing and inciteful anecdotes. I love this blog, there is never a boring post. It's refreshing to see my home country through the eyes of Vix.
22:42 PM October 23, 2012
I love Vicki's blog. She writes so well and it's really interesting to see here take on life in the UK.
16:17 PM October 26, 2012
Vix has a wonderful sense of humor and I frequently squirt coffee on my keyboard when reading her posts. As a Kiwi adrift in the rain soaked United Kingdom I do feel her pain and love reading about how she's trying to adapt to England's soggy climes.
16:24 PM October 26, 2012
I love Vicki's take on things. She shares her experiences of life abroad in such a way that her readers are pulled in by her wit and personable style, as if we were tucked into her bag and taken along with her on her journey.
13:10 PM November 05, 2012
Fantastic blog, with great variety and a funny outlook on life, makes me smile!
13:39 PM November 05, 2012
I love this blog - travel advice, funny anecdotes, parenting tip, relationship help - Vix has something to say on every subject under the sun and always beautifully written with a great sense of humour.
13:41 PM November 05, 2012
I enjoy reading vicki's posts, there's always a chuckle, a smile or something to make you stop and think.
14:01 PM November 05, 2012
A lovely blog narrating adapting in a new country
17:41 PM November 05, 2012
Brilliant blog, entertaining and always interesting, seeing the UK through an expats eyes.
11:40 AM November 09, 2012
Vicki's blog is often the first thing I read when I wake up in the morning. Her humourous and insightful writing has made me cry, be uplifted, be inspired to do more in this world....and frequently made me laugh!
15:33 PM December 06, 2012
A Kiwi that claims Vegemite?! Us Aussies might as well take the Finn brothers and Pavlova... Setting that aside great blog with a wide mix of topics and discussions. I enjoy catching up on Vegemite Vix when I do my blog reading.