Latest Blog Posts »
- R.I.P Bridget Jones 7 hours ago When I was cast abruptly back onto the dating scene at the tender age of 38 I learnt very quickly that you could tell a lot about a man from what he thought of Bridget Jones. It didn’t matter that Bridget Jones wasn’t real. What mattered was that the Bridget... You're reading R.I.P Bridget...
- Hey,hey, hey, hey 4 days ago In case you were wondering here’s the music that inspired the last post. It’s been going through my mind for the past few days now. “Don’t you forget about me, don’t, don’t don’t don’t you, but you walk on by..will you call my name as you walk on by, will... You're reading...
- Don't you forget about me 4 days ago Three weeks in and in our Twitterific age our family health crisis is now consigned to history, for everyone but us living it. Bills are still overdue, clients are still demanding and distressing and everyone has assumed that it’s back to normal. And it kinda is. Of course at home... You're...
- Send in the clowns 2 weeks ago It had been a tough day and we were struggling to find anything to laugh about. My Englishman was visiting for the day trying to ease back into routine and we’d been out to buy a car. I say, a car, but what I really mean is four wheels a... You're reading Send in the clowns originally published...
- Plot Twist 2 weeks ago If our story was a novel, this is the point where we’d yell ‘plot twist’. Readers would puzzle and say ‘I didn’t see that coming’ and other wiser beings those who are clued up on foreshadowing and other literary devices would say ‘I knew it all along.’ But for us,... You're...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: England Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in England!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 11 reviews on Vegemite Vix
22:14 PM October 23, 2012
Wonderful writing and inciteful anecdotes. I love this blog, there is never a boring post. It's refreshing to see my home country through the eyes of Vix.
22:42 PM October 23, 2012
I love Vicki's blog. She writes so well and it's really interesting to see here take on life in the UK.
16:17 PM October 26, 2012
Vix has a wonderful sense of humor and I frequently squirt coffee on my keyboard when reading her posts. As a Kiwi adrift in the rain soaked United Kingdom I do feel her pain and love reading about how she's trying to adapt to England's soggy climes.
16:24 PM October 26, 2012
I love Vicki's take on things. She shares her experiences of life abroad in such a way that her readers are pulled in by her wit and personable style, as if we were tucked into her bag and taken along with her on her journey.
13:10 PM November 05, 2012
Fantastic blog, with great variety and a funny outlook on life, makes me smile!
13:39 PM November 05, 2012
I love this blog - travel advice, funny anecdotes, parenting tip, relationship help - Vix has something to say on every subject under the sun and always beautifully written with a great sense of humour.
13:41 PM November 05, 2012
I enjoy reading vicki's posts, there's always a chuckle, a smile or something to make you stop and think.
14:01 PM November 05, 2012
A lovely blog narrating adapting in a new country
17:41 PM November 05, 2012
Brilliant blog, entertaining and always interesting, seeing the UK through an expats eyes.
11:40 AM November 09, 2012
Vicki's blog is often the first thing I read when I wake up in the morning. Her humourous and insightful writing has made me cry, be uplifted, be inspired to do more in this world....and frequently made me laugh!
15:33 PM December 06, 2012
A Kiwi that claims Vegemite?! Us Aussies might as well take the Finn brothers and Pavlova... Setting that aside great blog with a wide mix of topics and discussions. I enjoy catching up on Vegemite Vix when I do my blog reading.