Latest Blog Posts »
- From Pavlova to Pork Pies 4 months ago It’s done. I’ve published the book. Cue; nervous excitement and an urgent need to know all the available toilets in any public space. It’s up on Amazon right now. Right now. You could buy it if you wanted. Or, you could wait until tomorrow when it will be FREE for 24 hours! It’s been a...
- Since you were here 7 months ago Since you were here last, so much has happened but by far one of the biggest events was this: This is Nitro. And this is when life gets very interesting indeed. We brought him home about a month ago now, a little bundle of fluff and podge and he has managed to wend his way...
- Share The Love Potluck 9 months ago *Sponsored I’ve been a huge fan of NZ cook Annabel Langbein, for many years. In fact, I first met her at her Cooking School back in the old Strand building in 1990s Auckland, and later when I moved to the UK I drove 20 kms just to buy her cookbook from Waitrose. Yup, I’m a...
- Wandering star 8 months ago I must have been born under a wandering star, for I’ve spent my entire life moving. From country to country, from city to city, from suburb to suburb. The thing I’ve learnt along the way is that any move, no matter how big or small compared to other moves, is a big change. Each move...
- I miss you 10 months ago I went for a run the other day, without you. It wasn’t the first time, I know, you’ve not been able to run with me for a couple of years now. And me? I lost the joy of running without your companionship. My stomach hanging over the top of my jeans like an inside-out pocket,...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: England Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in England!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on Vegemite Vix
22:14 PM October 23, 2012
Wonderful writing and inciteful anecdotes. I love this blog, there is never a boring post. It's refreshing to see my home country through the eyes of Vix.
22:42 PM October 23, 2012
I love Vicki's blog. She writes so well and it's really interesting to see here take on life in the UK.
16:17 PM October 26, 2012
Vix has a wonderful sense of humor and I frequently squirt coffee on my keyboard when reading her posts. As a Kiwi adrift in the rain soaked United Kingdom I do feel her pain and love reading about how she's trying to adapt to England's soggy climes.
16:24 PM October 26, 2012
I love Vicki's take on things. She shares her experiences of life abroad in such a way that her readers are pulled in by her wit and personable style, as if we were tucked into her bag and taken along with her on her journey.
13:10 PM November 05, 2012
Fantastic blog, with great variety and a funny outlook on life, makes me smile!
13:39 PM November 05, 2012
I love this blog - travel advice, funny anecdotes, parenting tip, relationship help - Vix has something to say on every subject under the sun and always beautifully written with a great sense of humour.
13:41 PM November 05, 2012
I enjoy reading vicki's posts, there's always a chuckle, a smile or something to make you stop and think.
14:01 PM November 05, 2012
A lovely blog narrating adapting in a new country
17:41 PM November 05, 2012
Brilliant blog, entertaining and always interesting, seeing the UK through an expats eyes.
11:40 AM November 09, 2012
Vicki's blog is often the first thing I read when I wake up in the morning. Her humourous and insightful writing has made me cry, be uplifted, be inspired to do more in this world....and frequently made me laugh!
15:33 PM December 06, 2012
A Kiwi that claims Vegemite?! Us Aussies might as well take the Finn brothers and Pavlova... Setting that aside great blog with a wide mix of topics and discussions. I enjoy catching up on Vegemite Vix when I do my blog reading.
09:24 AM October 29, 2015
This is very good softblognet