Latest Blog Posts »
- Magical Mangawhai 3 weeks ago I was reading in the holiday media recently that the Coromandel has come up trumps with Kiwis as the favourite holiday spot of the nation. I’m hardly surprised, the Coromandel is my fave spot too – Hahei, Cathedral Cove, Whangapoua and New Chum beach have all been important places in... You're...
- Not with a bang but a whimper 2 months ago I already wrote a post about the last day of 2014. And I lost it. The internet swallowed it and spat it and digested it and it’s still making its way through the large intestine. Obviously. As I cannot see it. It’s gone. But like 2014 itself I have to... You're reading Not with a bang but a...
- It's all about the people on The Block 2 months ago I’ve been misleading my Englishman for the past twelve weeks. You see he’s under the impression that I’ve bought into the renovation reality show The Block NZ just so I can salivate over fox cushions and to-die-for sofa throws. He’s wrong. But I just have been able to tell him... You're...
- And remarkably, no one died! 3 months ago I’ve just spent the entire day working at a client’s premises and guess what? No one died. Nup. All four other family members are still alive and kicking. They all managed to get through their days without needing me to check where they’d placed their shoes, sweater, keys, mobile...
- R.I.P Bridget Jones 3 months ago When I was cast abruptly back onto the dating scene at the tender age of 38 I learnt very quickly that you could tell a lot about a man from what he thought of Bridget Jones. It didn’t matter that Bridget Jones wasn’t real. What mattered was that the Bridget... You're reading R.I.P Bridget...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: England Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in England!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 11 reviews on Vegemite Vix
22:14 PM October 23, 2012
Wonderful writing and inciteful anecdotes. I love this blog, there is never a boring post. It's refreshing to see my home country through the eyes of Vix.
22:42 PM October 23, 2012
I love Vicki's blog. She writes so well and it's really interesting to see here take on life in the UK.
16:17 PM October 26, 2012
Vix has a wonderful sense of humor and I frequently squirt coffee on my keyboard when reading her posts. As a Kiwi adrift in the rain soaked United Kingdom I do feel her pain and love reading about how she's trying to adapt to England's soggy climes.
16:24 PM October 26, 2012
I love Vicki's take on things. She shares her experiences of life abroad in such a way that her readers are pulled in by her wit and personable style, as if we were tucked into her bag and taken along with her on her journey.
13:10 PM November 05, 2012
Fantastic blog, with great variety and a funny outlook on life, makes me smile!
13:39 PM November 05, 2012
I love this blog - travel advice, funny anecdotes, parenting tip, relationship help - Vix has something to say on every subject under the sun and always beautifully written with a great sense of humour.
13:41 PM November 05, 2012
I enjoy reading vicki's posts, there's always a chuckle, a smile or something to make you stop and think.
14:01 PM November 05, 2012
A lovely blog narrating adapting in a new country
17:41 PM November 05, 2012
Brilliant blog, entertaining and always interesting, seeing the UK through an expats eyes.
11:40 AM November 09, 2012
Vicki's blog is often the first thing I read when I wake up in the morning. Her humourous and insightful writing has made me cry, be uplifted, be inspired to do more in this world....and frequently made me laugh!
15:33 PM December 06, 2012
A Kiwi that claims Vegemite?! Us Aussies might as well take the Finn brothers and Pavlova... Setting that aside great blog with a wide mix of topics and discussions. I enjoy catching up on Vegemite Vix when I do my blog reading.