Latest Blog Posts »
- Anchor Me 1 day ago Life screams past so fast I’ve started really enjoying those purely routine moments where I can just breathe in and think. I’ve started to look forward to Miss Fliss’ paper run each week. Sure, it’s slave labour and a pain that I have to interrupt week day evenings and...
- Correct Anatomical Terms 1 week ago I’ve always called a spade a spade, and a p*nis a p*nis. You could blame this directness on the time I spent nurse aiding in an old folk’s home during my formative years, or that I am pretty frank, or even that I love words. I think there’s nothing better than finding the right...
- Good things come to those who wait 1 week ago I arrived into this world premature and I’ve not been good at waiting – for anything – ever since. So when people tell me to wait, it’ll come, I never quite know how. I’m not practised at it, and therefore I’m not good at it. I want it all to happen yesterday....
- My theory of relativity 2 weeks ago After a long hot summer, and no Autumn Auckland has plunged into an Antarctic deluge. Friends are racing around seeking out heat pumps and Merino sweaters, and I’ve resorted to putting slippers on. ‘Straight to winter’ they moan. ‘What happened to Autumn? It’s a bit...
- Mum Moments 2 weeks ago The camera moves in and brings a peachy little baby bum into focus. There’s soft lighting, wide smiles and yes, even a little cooing. The camera moves in until a peachy little baby bum is in focus. Quick cut to Mum’s face – sheer terror splattered across it as she attempts to bath...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in England!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 11 reviews on Vegemite Vix
22:14 PM October 23, 2012
Wonderful writing and inciteful anecdotes. I love this blog, there is never a boring post. It's refreshing to see my home country through the eyes of Vix.
22:42 PM October 23, 2012
I love Vicki's blog. She writes so well and it's really interesting to see here take on life in the UK.
16:17 PM October 26, 2012
Vix has a wonderful sense of humor and I frequently squirt coffee on my keyboard when reading her posts. As a Kiwi adrift in the rain soaked United Kingdom I do feel her pain and love reading about how she's trying to adapt to England's soggy climes.
16:24 PM October 26, 2012
I love Vicki's take on things. She shares her experiences of life abroad in such a way that her readers are pulled in by her wit and personable style, as if we were tucked into her bag and taken along with her on her journey.
13:10 PM November 05, 2012
Fantastic blog, with great variety and a funny outlook on life, makes me smile!
13:39 PM November 05, 2012
I love this blog - travel advice, funny anecdotes, parenting tip, relationship help - Vix has something to say on every subject under the sun and always beautifully written with a great sense of humour.
13:41 PM November 05, 2012
I enjoy reading vicki's posts, there's always a chuckle, a smile or something to make you stop and think.
14:01 PM November 05, 2012
A lovely blog narrating adapting in a new country
17:41 PM November 05, 2012
Brilliant blog, entertaining and always interesting, seeing the UK through an expats eyes.
11:40 AM November 09, 2012
Vicki's blog is often the first thing I read when I wake up in the morning. Her humourous and insightful writing has made me cry, be uplifted, be inspired to do more in this world....and frequently made me laugh!
15:33 PM December 06, 2012
A Kiwi that claims Vegemite?! Us Aussies might as well take the Finn brothers and Pavlova... Setting that aside great blog with a wide mix of topics and discussions. I enjoy catching up on Vegemite Vix when I do my blog reading.