Latest Blog Posts »
- Horsing around in Collooney 2 days ago Yesterday Lucy and I went to Markree Riding Stables in Collooney, Co. Sligo. It’s only about ten minutes down the road from us and it’s set on the grounds of Markree Castle (which has recently be sold – but that’s another story). We were welcomed by Caroline, who owns the stables along with...
- Magnetism 4 days ago Magnetism, a major contemporary art exhibition will open to the public today. It’s located in the old Snia/Saehan factory that is just behind Hazelwood House. I was luckily enough to go along last night for a preview. It was a bit strange for me as I explored the factory a few years ago with...
- Wild Atlantic Cultural Tours 4 days ago My Wild Atlantic Wayfarer project has been so interesting and enjoyable and I’ve loved every minute of it. It’s not all about me throwing myself into the Wild Atlantic Way though. Parts of it have been very laid back and extremely relaxing and informative. My day with Denis from Wild Atlantic...
- Dare to Bare to Fight Cancer 5 days ago Exactly 7 years ago last Sunday, the very first skinny dip for charity in Ireland – and the world – took place at the lovely Lissadell Beach in Sligo. It was the inaugural Dip in the Nip (so-christened by the late, great Gerry Ryan) and at the time was considered crazy, shocking and impossible....
- Lunch at O'Briens Sandwich Cafe, Sligo 5 days ago Lucy and I were delighted when Mark and Jo from O’Brien’s Sandwich Cafe, Sligo invited us along to try out Rachel Allen’s Summer Signature Range. First up is the Thai Chicken Wrap. It’s a delicious combination of chicken, peanuts, cucumber and coriander, dressed with sriracha mayo. It’s...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on Magnumlady's Blog
19:36 PM September 14, 2014
Magnumlady's blog is the one I most look forward to. Her updates are mostly funny, sometimes having a wee rant, and generally a one-woman guide to Sligo and surrounding counties. I've been introduced to all sorts of places and activities. Oh to have the energy and time to keep up with you Val. You're an amazing lady.
20:04 PM September 14, 2014
Love the informative information that is always available on this Blog .
20:12 PM September 14, 2014
Lucky you living in beautiful Sligo - I was born in Sligo and now live in York - beautiful also but in a very different way. I love your photos of Sligo - they make me homesick :-)
20:27 PM September 14, 2014
Vals blogs are always as wonderful as her images ....
20:28 PM September 14, 2014
Love magnumlady's Blog. This woman gets round Sligo like no other. Brilliant photo's and reviews of events, restaurants,Community gatherings, festivals, The list is endless. Informative and entertaining blog with exquisite images.
21:06 PM September 14, 2014
This is a fabulous blog for both tourists to the area and those who live here. Full of news about events and wonderful local pictures. I grew up here and I still see something new every week. Makes me want to go back.
21:15 PM September 14, 2014
Thank you for doing such a great job.
22:23 PM September 14, 2014
I love this blog, its fun with some gorgeous photos , really makes me want to visit Co Sligo. I lovecatching up with it every day, Val always makes me smile
00:24 AM September 15, 2014
Really interesting blog and her photography skills are amazing
01:24 AM September 15, 2014
Hi Val, follow you on facebook. Ex-Pat meself living in Mayo, which is right up there with Sligo on the beauty stakes :)
08:05 AM September 15, 2014
i too was born in England ...i absolutely love this country and am trying to do my family tree ...your information and photographs..i often share as i feel that you capture the beauty of Sligo and surrounding areas...i have marked a few places i want to visit ,,by looking at your photo's and the information given ..so thank you for opening my eyes to these places i have been living here for 17 yrs
08:08 AM September 15, 2014
I really enjoy your your blog and photos Val. I follow you on Facebook.