Latest Blog Posts »
- From the Hawk's Well to the Hawk's Rock 1 day ago Last night we went along to see ‘Of Mice and Men’ at the Hawk’s Well Theatre, Sligo. It was a very moving performance – and would have been even more moving if people in the audience weren’t laughing! They didn’t... Continue Reading →
- Singing with Sinead 3 days ago Today saw me complete the first thing on my bucket list. One of the things I really wanted to do was have a singing lesson. I know I took part in the Sligo Sings choir but as I was part... Continue Reading →
- I'm in jail!! 5 days ago I’m in jail and I need your help!! I’ve been charged with “Roaming untethered around Ireland, with camera in hand”. I need to be bailed out or I’m going to have to do hard labour. You can help by donating... Continue Reading →
- Sunday Reflections 5 days ago A bit of a catch up blog I suppose. Due to the dark days and lack of inspiration the blog seems to be limping along of late. I did read a great post this morning with some blogging inspiration so... Continue Reading →
- Women's Troubles 1 week ago Firstly the title is misleading as I’m not writing about troubles at all but ‘Magical Menopause’ and ‘Celebrating Cervical Smears’ didn’t seem to fit the bill either. Firstly as this week is Cervical Cancer Prevention week I’d urge all the ladies out... Continue Reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on Magnumlady's Blog
19:36 PM September 14, 2014
Magnumlady's blog is the one I most look forward to. Her updates are mostly funny, sometimes having a wee rant, and generally a one-woman guide to Sligo and surrounding counties. I've been introduced to all sorts of places and activities. Oh to have the energy and time to keep up with you Val. You're an amazing lady.
20:04 PM September 14, 2014
Love the informative information that is always available on this Blog .
20:12 PM September 14, 2014
Lucky you living in beautiful Sligo - I was born in Sligo and now live in York - beautiful also but in a very different way. I love your photos of Sligo - they make me homesick :-)
20:27 PM September 14, 2014
Vals blogs are always as wonderful as her images ....
20:28 PM September 14, 2014
Love magnumlady's Blog. This woman gets round Sligo like no other. Brilliant photo's and reviews of events, restaurants,Community gatherings, festivals, The list is endless. Informative and entertaining blog with exquisite images.
21:06 PM September 14, 2014
This is a fabulous blog for both tourists to the area and those who live here. Full of news about events and wonderful local pictures. I grew up here and I still see something new every week. Makes me want to go back.
21:15 PM September 14, 2014
Thank you for doing such a great job.
22:23 PM September 14, 2014
I love this blog, its fun with some gorgeous photos , really makes me want to visit Co Sligo. I lovecatching up with it every day, Val always makes me smile
00:24 AM September 15, 2014
Really interesting blog and her photography skills are amazing
01:24 AM September 15, 2014
Hi Val, follow you on facebook. Ex-Pat meself living in Mayo, which is right up there with Sligo on the beauty stakes :)
08:05 AM September 15, 2014
i too was born in England ...i absolutely love this country and am trying to do my family tree ...your information and photographs..i often share as i feel that you capture the beauty of Sligo and surrounding areas...i have marked a few places i want to visit ,,by looking at your photo's and the information given ..so thank you for opening my eyes to these places i have been living here for 17 yrs
08:08 AM September 15, 2014
I really enjoy your your blog and photos Val. I follow you on Facebook.