Latest Blog Posts »
- Halfway there 24 minutes ago It’s been a while since I’ve written a health update. I’ve suffered from anxiety and depression since the beginning of the year. The anxiety was always there but kept well hidden. The depression, well that was something that arrived out of the blue. I’m happy to say, yes I am happy!, that I...
- The Boyle Food Hub 1 day ago The blog provides a lot of opportunities for me, sometimes it’s adventures, sometimes it’s experiences and sometimes it’s meeting special people. Today I met a very special person. Tony Scanlon is from Boyle, Co. Roscommon. He recently became aware that children, families and individuals, who...
- Wheelie good fun 2 days ago I have decided I’m probably in the throes of a mid-life crisis. Firstly I want a tattoo, secondly I want blue streaks in my hair and yesterday I saw a pair of roller skates in a charity shop….you can guess the rest! I’ve decided to embrace my inner child. I used to be very much … Continue...
- Afternoon Tea Week 2 days ago I found out this week is Afternoon Tea week, there really is a celebration for everything these days. I thought I’d do a recap of the Afternoon Teas that I have been to here in Ireland. Lena’s Tea Rooms in Carrick-on-Shannon, Co. Leitrim. This gorgeous cafe is a hidden gem, priding itself in...
- Bouncy Blowdrys at Marian Dineen Hair Studio 3 days ago I was thrilled to be invited along to the Marian Dineen Hair Studio in Sligo to avail of their Bouncy Blowdry offer. The lovely ladies at Marian Dineen think everyone deserves to have beautiful hair! That’s why they’re offering Wash & Blowdrys for 2 people for just €30 for all of August!...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on Magnumlady's Blog
19:36 PM September 14, 2014
Magnumlady's blog is the one I most look forward to. Her updates are mostly funny, sometimes having a wee rant, and generally a one-woman guide to Sligo and surrounding counties. I've been introduced to all sorts of places and activities. Oh to have the energy and time to keep up with you Val. You're an amazing lady.
20:04 PM September 14, 2014
Love the informative information that is always available on this Blog .
20:12 PM September 14, 2014
Lucky you living in beautiful Sligo - I was born in Sligo and now live in York - beautiful also but in a very different way. I love your photos of Sligo - they make me homesick :-)
20:27 PM September 14, 2014
Vals blogs are always as wonderful as her images ....
20:28 PM September 14, 2014
Love magnumlady's Blog. This woman gets round Sligo like no other. Brilliant photo's and reviews of events, restaurants,Community gatherings, festivals, The list is endless. Informative and entertaining blog with exquisite images.
21:06 PM September 14, 2014
This is a fabulous blog for both tourists to the area and those who live here. Full of news about events and wonderful local pictures. I grew up here and I still see something new every week. Makes me want to go back.
21:15 PM September 14, 2014
Thank you for doing such a great job.
22:23 PM September 14, 2014
I love this blog, its fun with some gorgeous photos , really makes me want to visit Co Sligo. I lovecatching up with it every day, Val always makes me smile
00:24 AM September 15, 2014
Really interesting blog and her photography skills are amazing
01:24 AM September 15, 2014
Hi Val, follow you on facebook. Ex-Pat meself living in Mayo, which is right up there with Sligo on the beauty stakes :)
08:05 AM September 15, 2014
i too was born in England ...i absolutely love this country and am trying to do my family tree ...your information and photographs..i often share as i feel that you capture the beauty of Sligo and surrounding areas...i have marked a few places i want to visit ,,by looking at your photo's and the information given ..so thank you for opening my eyes to these places i have been living here for 17 yrs
08:08 AM September 15, 2014
I really enjoy your your blog and photos Val. I follow you on Facebook.