Latest Blog Posts »
- No Country for the Disabled 3 days ago Many of you know that my son Jono has scoliosis and kyphosis (and Asperger’s Syndrome). Many of you also know that he is now in such pain he can’t walk far or stand unaided for long periods of time. I asked the GP to refer him to Occupational Therapy Services. Over two months have passed …...
- Sleep and simmering 3 days ago Thanks so much for the lovely comments especially to my Facebook tribe. I can always rely on someone when I’m on a middle of the night rant. I managed to sleep last night, I feel like I failed because I took a tablet. I’m now suffering this morning – the rotten taste in my mouth … Continue...
- When you feel so tired but you can't sleep 4 days ago Who’d have thought that I’d ever be quoting Coldplay lyrics! Jaysus I must be bad. I got my usual 45 minutes of sleep and here I am wide awake. I did stop bringing the phone upstairs but I went downstairs to make a chamomile tea and decided to write a blog. Although I don’t really …...
- Cracks in my foundation 4 days ago I’m beginning to feel like a Jenga tower on the verve of toppling over. Stress on top of stress. The old butterfly in the chest feeling is back and along with it there’s nausea – that’s a new thing for me. I know the lack of sleep isn’t helping. I fall asleep quickly but around …...
- Ballina Fringe Festival - A Brand New Festival of Words, Art & Music for North Mayo 6 days ago Summer is here and it’s festival season again. And the good news this year is that Ballina has a brand new festival coming to town! Ballina Fringe Festival is a fledgling week-long arts festival has been curated to run from 6-15 July alongside Ballina’s flagship Salmon Festival, now in its...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on Magnumlady's Blog
19:36 PM September 14, 2014
Magnumlady's blog is the one I most look forward to. Her updates are mostly funny, sometimes having a wee rant, and generally a one-woman guide to Sligo and surrounding counties. I've been introduced to all sorts of places and activities. Oh to have the energy and time to keep up with you Val. You're an amazing lady.
20:04 PM September 14, 2014
Love the informative information that is always available on this Blog .
20:12 PM September 14, 2014
Lucky you living in beautiful Sligo - I was born in Sligo and now live in York - beautiful also but in a very different way. I love your photos of Sligo - they make me homesick :-)
20:27 PM September 14, 2014
Vals blogs are always as wonderful as her images ....
20:28 PM September 14, 2014
Love magnumlady's Blog. This woman gets round Sligo like no other. Brilliant photo's and reviews of events, restaurants,Community gatherings, festivals, The list is endless. Informative and entertaining blog with exquisite images.
21:06 PM September 14, 2014
This is a fabulous blog for both tourists to the area and those who live here. Full of news about events and wonderful local pictures. I grew up here and I still see something new every week. Makes me want to go back.
21:15 PM September 14, 2014
Thank you for doing such a great job.
22:23 PM September 14, 2014
I love this blog, its fun with some gorgeous photos , really makes me want to visit Co Sligo. I lovecatching up with it every day, Val always makes me smile
00:24 AM September 15, 2014
Really interesting blog and her photography skills are amazing
01:24 AM September 15, 2014
Hi Val, follow you on facebook. Ex-Pat meself living in Mayo, which is right up there with Sligo on the beauty stakes :)
08:05 AM September 15, 2014
i too was born in England ...i absolutely love this country and am trying to do my family tree ...your information and photographs..i often share as i feel that you capture the beauty of Sligo and surrounding areas...i have marked a few places i want to visit ,,by looking at your photo's and the information given ..so thank you for opening my eyes to these places i have been living here for 17 yrs
08:08 AM September 15, 2014
I really enjoy your your blog and photos Val. I follow you on Facebook.