Latest Blog Posts »
- Discovering Derry 2 days ago Yesterday Jono and I took a bus trip. Since I started my Wild Atlantic Wayfarer project Jono has been telling me about the machine on Bus Eireann – the Wayfarer machine, so it seemed only right I should get a photo of it. Now I have to admit bus trips were something else I was […]
- Sligo Summer Festival Announces new acts on line up 3 days ago Sligo Summer Festival has just added some amazing new acts to their bill for the weekend of August 7 & 8th. Already announced headliners Boney M (Fri) and Wheatus (Sat) will be joined be Irish festival favourites Attention Bebe and Interskalactic as well as local stars INDIAN, Peter Mooney, Dean...
- Rathcroghan Visitor Centre 6 days ago As part of my Wild Atlantic Wayfarer I paid a visit to the Rathcroghan Visitor Centre in County Roscommon. The centre is modern and welcoming with interpretive rooms, a gift shop and what looked like a great cafe. If you visit when Mike is there he will tell you all about the place and it’s […]
- In the press 1 week ago Well it’s been an exciting week so far. Not only have I been jumping into the Atlantic again, which is now my favourite hobby – who’d have thought it! My Wild Atlantic Wayfarer project has been featured in the press. Firstly Woman’s Way did a big feature about it and on the same day I […]
- Into the sea 1 week ago The most exciting thing I’ve done as part of my Wild Atlantic Wayfarer project is coasteering, for those who don’t know it’s jumping from rocks into the sea, climbing back out again, playing in the waves and having a wonderful time in the sea! It was the one thing I said I would never do […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on Magnumlady's Blog
19:36 PM September 14, 2014
Magnumlady's blog is the one I most look forward to. Her updates are mostly funny, sometimes having a wee rant, and generally a one-woman guide to Sligo and surrounding counties. I've been introduced to all sorts of places and activities. Oh to have the energy and time to keep up with you Val. You're an amazing lady.
20:04 PM September 14, 2014
Love the informative information that is always available on this Blog .
20:12 PM September 14, 2014
Lucky you living in beautiful Sligo - I was born in Sligo and now live in York - beautiful also but in a very different way. I love your photos of Sligo - they make me homesick :-)
20:27 PM September 14, 2014
Vals blogs are always as wonderful as her images ....
20:28 PM September 14, 2014
Love magnumlady's Blog. This woman gets round Sligo like no other. Brilliant photo's and reviews of events, restaurants,Community gatherings, festivals, The list is endless. Informative and entertaining blog with exquisite images.
21:06 PM September 14, 2014
This is a fabulous blog for both tourists to the area and those who live here. Full of news about events and wonderful local pictures. I grew up here and I still see something new every week. Makes me want to go back.
21:15 PM September 14, 2014
Thank you for doing such a great job.
22:23 PM September 14, 2014
I love this blog, its fun with some gorgeous photos , really makes me want to visit Co Sligo. I lovecatching up with it every day, Val always makes me smile
00:24 AM September 15, 2014
Really interesting blog and her photography skills are amazing
01:24 AM September 15, 2014
Hi Val, follow you on facebook. Ex-Pat meself living in Mayo, which is right up there with Sligo on the beauty stakes :)
08:05 AM September 15, 2014
i too was born in England ...i absolutely love this country and am trying to do my family tree ...your information and photographs..i often share as i feel that you capture the beauty of Sligo and surrounding areas...i have marked a few places i want to visit ,,by looking at your photo's and the information given ..so thank you for opening my eyes to these places i have been living here for 17 yrs
08:08 AM September 15, 2014
I really enjoy your your blog and photos Val. I follow you on Facebook.