Latest Blog Posts »
- Giving Voice - Mary Robinson Exhibition 20 hours ago Mary Robinson was the first female president of Ireland and was born in Ballina, Co. Mayo. Plans are underway to open the Mary Robinson Centre at her childhood home, Victoria House, Emmet Street, Ballina. At the moment there is an exhibition at the Ballina Library: ‘Giving Voice’ runs until...
- A quiet weekend 1 day ago It’s been a very rare quiet weekend for me this weekend. I have a list of adventures I have to complete but with the weather being more like November than May and the fact I’m as sick as a small hospital these have been put on hold for the time being. I’m never usually ill […]
- Magical Mystery Tour of Leitrim 1 day ago Recently I went off to explore Leitrim with the lovely Nuala from Tawnylust Lodge as part of my Wild Atlantic Wayfarer project. It really is a great idea to have a local guide with you if you aren’t sure what to see or where to go. Nuala was very knowledgable about the area and took […]
- Car Breakdowns and Coffee Mornings 2 days ago If this blog post title seems quite familiar it’s because it is. I seem to be living in some kind of strange groundhog day either that or it’s just history repeating itself. If you are a regular reader to the blog you will know my old faithful peeling green car Gilbert decided to fall apart...
- Sligo Walks - Lissadell 3 days ago Still on my Wild Atlantic Wayfarer project (in conjunction with the Hawk’s Well Theatre and LookWest), this time it was off for a walk along Lissadell beach, Sligo. It’s a lovely flat walk, so suitable for all abilities. There was no one else around when I was there so I had a lovely peaceful...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on Magnumlady's Blog
19:36 PM September 14, 2014
Magnumlady's blog is the one I most look forward to. Her updates are mostly funny, sometimes having a wee rant, and generally a one-woman guide to Sligo and surrounding counties. I've been introduced to all sorts of places and activities. Oh to have the energy and time to keep up with you Val. You're an amazing lady.
20:04 PM September 14, 2014
Love the informative information that is always available on this Blog .
20:12 PM September 14, 2014
Lucky you living in beautiful Sligo - I was born in Sligo and now live in York - beautiful also but in a very different way. I love your photos of Sligo - they make me homesick :-)
20:27 PM September 14, 2014
Vals blogs are always as wonderful as her images ....
20:28 PM September 14, 2014
Love magnumlady's Blog. This woman gets round Sligo like no other. Brilliant photo's and reviews of events, restaurants,Community gatherings, festivals, The list is endless. Informative and entertaining blog with exquisite images.
21:06 PM September 14, 2014
This is a fabulous blog for both tourists to the area and those who live here. Full of news about events and wonderful local pictures. I grew up here and I still see something new every week. Makes me want to go back.
21:15 PM September 14, 2014
Thank you for doing such a great job.
22:23 PM September 14, 2014
I love this blog, its fun with some gorgeous photos , really makes me want to visit Co Sligo. I lovecatching up with it every day, Val always makes me smile
00:24 AM September 15, 2014
Really interesting blog and her photography skills are amazing
01:24 AM September 15, 2014
Hi Val, follow you on facebook. Ex-Pat meself living in Mayo, which is right up there with Sligo on the beauty stakes :)
08:05 AM September 15, 2014
i too was born in England ...i absolutely love this country and am trying to do my family tree ...your information and photographs..i often share as i feel that you capture the beauty of Sligo and surrounding areas...i have marked a few places i want to visit ,,by looking at your photo's and the information given ..so thank you for opening my eyes to these places i have been living here for 17 yrs
08:08 AM September 15, 2014
I really enjoy your your blog and photos Val. I follow you on Facebook.