Latest Blog Posts »
- Glasnevin Cemetery 2 days ago This week we had a day trip to Dublin. Lucy and Jono wanted to look around the shops and as I’m not a shopper it was the perfect opportunity for me to go off exploring. The Glasnevin Cemetery and Museum has been on my ‘to do’ list for years so it was great to finally […]
- Five Glens Arts Festival 6 days ago Yesterday I went along to Manorhamilton for the Five Glens Art Festival. It was a varied programme of events with something to do for all ages. I thought the Vintage Afternoon Tea sounded delightful so I went along to check it out. It was set in the Castle Cafe which is in the grounds of […]
- Summertime Sadness 1 week ago A bit of a misleading blog post title as I’m still waiting for summer and I’m not really sad but it’s feeling like the end of an era. The Sligo Summer Festival is over, the Fleadh Cheoil is over and all the adventures leading up to my Wild Atlantic Wayfarer exhibition are over so I’m […]
- Faces of the Fleadh 1 week ago This year I was volunteering for the Fleadh Cheoil but as always the camera comes with me. I didn’t want to take the same old shots as I did last year, although I did take some which you can see here. I was talking to the lovely and very talented photographer Ciara Drennan before the […]
- Record Crowds At Comhaltas All Ireland Fleadh Cheoil In Sligo 1 week ago It was an exciting and successful weekend of competitions, concerts, céilithe and sessions as the Comhaltas 64th Fleadh Cheoil na hÉireann was celebrated by an estimated 400,000 throughout Sligo. The biggest event to have ever been hosted in Sligo, organisers estimate that attendance was up 30%...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on Magnumlady's Blog
19:36 PM September 14, 2014
Magnumlady's blog is the one I most look forward to. Her updates are mostly funny, sometimes having a wee rant, and generally a one-woman guide to Sligo and surrounding counties. I've been introduced to all sorts of places and activities. Oh to have the energy and time to keep up with you Val. You're an amazing lady.
20:04 PM September 14, 2014
Love the informative information that is always available on this Blog .
20:12 PM September 14, 2014
Lucky you living in beautiful Sligo - I was born in Sligo and now live in York - beautiful also but in a very different way. I love your photos of Sligo - they make me homesick :-)
20:27 PM September 14, 2014
Vals blogs are always as wonderful as her images ....
20:28 PM September 14, 2014
Love magnumlady's Blog. This woman gets round Sligo like no other. Brilliant photo's and reviews of events, restaurants,Community gatherings, festivals, The list is endless. Informative and entertaining blog with exquisite images.
21:06 PM September 14, 2014
This is a fabulous blog for both tourists to the area and those who live here. Full of news about events and wonderful local pictures. I grew up here and I still see something new every week. Makes me want to go back.
21:15 PM September 14, 2014
Thank you for doing such a great job.
22:23 PM September 14, 2014
I love this blog, its fun with some gorgeous photos , really makes me want to visit Co Sligo. I lovecatching up with it every day, Val always makes me smile
00:24 AM September 15, 2014
Really interesting blog and her photography skills are amazing
01:24 AM September 15, 2014
Hi Val, follow you on facebook. Ex-Pat meself living in Mayo, which is right up there with Sligo on the beauty stakes :)
08:05 AM September 15, 2014
i too was born in England ...i absolutely love this country and am trying to do my family tree ...your information and photographs..i often share as i feel that you capture the beauty of Sligo and surrounding areas...i have marked a few places i want to visit ,,by looking at your photo's and the information given ..so thank you for opening my eyes to these places i have been living here for 17 yrs
08:08 AM September 15, 2014
I really enjoy your your blog and photos Val. I follow you on Facebook.