Latest Blog Posts »
- Coronation Street Tour 2 days ago This is a very overdue blog but better late than never. Last year I went to Manchester for a couple of days and visited the Coronation Street Studio Tour. The tour was meant to finish in October but has proved so popular they’ve carried it on. The tour is of the old Coronation Street set […]
- Tiger comes roaring into Sligo 4 days ago Sligo’s newest store opened today in the Quayside Shopping Centre. Tiger Stores said Halløj to Sligo with their 15th Irish store. Shoppers were out in force and were welcomed by the smiling friendly staff who were on hand with cakes and biscuits…sure what more could you want? Bargains,...
- Today FM and Dublin 6 days ago I was invited up to the Ian Dempsey Breakfast Show on Today FM at The Sugar Club in Dublin on Friday as I entered a competition to win a Renault Megane and boy do I need a new car. Gilbert the Getz is 11 years old and has started screaming when I drive him…so on […]
- Sligo is the #AdventureCapital 1 week ago Firstly before I get to the point of this blog post I need help please. I’m working on a new project but need to go out kayaking, boating, stand up paddling, surfing etc. in Sligo, Mayo, Leitrim and Donegal. I have no budget (The Story of My Life as the One Direction song goes) but […]
- Tiger Stores To Open in Sligo's Quayside Shopping Centre 1 week ago Danish brand Tiger Stores is set to bid a cheery Halløj to Sligo shoppers as they open their fifteenth Irish store at Sligo’s Quayside Shopping Centre on Wednesday, March 25. Employing six staff, the Danish brand brings its own take on Scandi-chic to Sligo, and is a welcome addition to Quayside...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on Magnumlady's Blog
19:36 PM September 14, 2014
Magnumlady's blog is the one I most look forward to. Her updates are mostly funny, sometimes having a wee rant, and generally a one-woman guide to Sligo and surrounding counties. I've been introduced to all sorts of places and activities. Oh to have the energy and time to keep up with you Val. You're an amazing lady.
20:04 PM September 14, 2014
Love the informative information that is always available on this Blog .
20:12 PM September 14, 2014
Lucky you living in beautiful Sligo - I was born in Sligo and now live in York - beautiful also but in a very different way. I love your photos of Sligo - they make me homesick :-)
20:27 PM September 14, 2014
Vals blogs are always as wonderful as her images ....
20:28 PM September 14, 2014
Love magnumlady's Blog. This woman gets round Sligo like no other. Brilliant photo's and reviews of events, restaurants,Community gatherings, festivals, The list is endless. Informative and entertaining blog with exquisite images.
21:06 PM September 14, 2014
This is a fabulous blog for both tourists to the area and those who live here. Full of news about events and wonderful local pictures. I grew up here and I still see something new every week. Makes me want to go back.
21:15 PM September 14, 2014
Thank you for doing such a great job.
22:23 PM September 14, 2014
I love this blog, its fun with some gorgeous photos , really makes me want to visit Co Sligo. I lovecatching up with it every day, Val always makes me smile
00:24 AM September 15, 2014
Really interesting blog and her photography skills are amazing
01:24 AM September 15, 2014
Hi Val, follow you on facebook. Ex-Pat meself living in Mayo, which is right up there with Sligo on the beauty stakes :)
08:05 AM September 15, 2014
i too was born in England ...i absolutely love this country and am trying to do my family tree ...your information and photographs..i often share as i feel that you capture the beauty of Sligo and surrounding areas...i have marked a few places i want to visit ,,by looking at your photo's and the information given ..so thank you for opening my eyes to these places i have been living here for 17 yrs
08:08 AM September 15, 2014
I really enjoy your your blog and photos Val. I follow you on Facebook.