Latest Blog Posts »
- SUP for all, Lough Gill, Sligo 15 hours ago The journey for the Wild Atlantic Wayfarer photo exhibition has begun. I’m trying out various tourist activities in Sligo, Leitrim, Mayo, Donegal and Roscommon and hopefully along the way I’ll get some great photos. In the middle of a very hectic week I went out to SUP for all, who are based...
- Wild Atlantic Wayfarer - the exhibition 3 days ago I’m delighted to tell you that the Hawk’s Well Theatre, Sligo have invited me to have a photography exhibition from July 31st until September 27th. If you keep an eye on my blog and follow me on Twitter and Facebook you can follow my journey of capturing images for the exhibition. The...
- Glens to Sea 4 days ago Glens to Sea is a voluntary heritage group that was set up in 2012. They straddle 40 townlands in North Sligo and Leitrim. This Spring they have consisted of conversations covering various topics including farming, community development and life on the Wild Atlantic Way. I decided to go on part of...
- Chilling at Cromleach Lodge 5 days ago The lovely people in Cromleach Lodge came up with a very special birthday present for me when they invited me along to their Ciúnas Spa, now my birthday was in February but I was waiting for the weather to improve because the scenery from Cromleach is just stunning. Lucy came along with me and we...
- Walk With the Sligo Samaritans 1 week ago Samaritans Sligo are celebrating 30 years working with the Sligo community. To celebrate this milestone, they are looking to celebrate with you, the people who have supported them for 3 decades. They are asking you to ‘Walk With Us’ on April 18th. They are hosting a 5km walk, starting from our...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on Magnumlady's Blog
19:36 PM September 14, 2014
Magnumlady's blog is the one I most look forward to. Her updates are mostly funny, sometimes having a wee rant, and generally a one-woman guide to Sligo and surrounding counties. I've been introduced to all sorts of places and activities. Oh to have the energy and time to keep up with you Val. You're an amazing lady.
20:04 PM September 14, 2014
Love the informative information that is always available on this Blog .
20:12 PM September 14, 2014
Lucky you living in beautiful Sligo - I was born in Sligo and now live in York - beautiful also but in a very different way. I love your photos of Sligo - they make me homesick :-)
20:27 PM September 14, 2014
Vals blogs are always as wonderful as her images ....
20:28 PM September 14, 2014
Love magnumlady's Blog. This woman gets round Sligo like no other. Brilliant photo's and reviews of events, restaurants,Community gatherings, festivals, The list is endless. Informative and entertaining blog with exquisite images.
21:06 PM September 14, 2014
This is a fabulous blog for both tourists to the area and those who live here. Full of news about events and wonderful local pictures. I grew up here and I still see something new every week. Makes me want to go back.
21:15 PM September 14, 2014
Thank you for doing such a great job.
22:23 PM September 14, 2014
I love this blog, its fun with some gorgeous photos , really makes me want to visit Co Sligo. I lovecatching up with it every day, Val always makes me smile
00:24 AM September 15, 2014
Really interesting blog and her photography skills are amazing
01:24 AM September 15, 2014
Hi Val, follow you on facebook. Ex-Pat meself living in Mayo, which is right up there with Sligo on the beauty stakes :)
08:05 AM September 15, 2014
i too was born in England ...i absolutely love this country and am trying to do my family tree ...your information and photographs..i often share as i feel that you capture the beauty of Sligo and surrounding areas...i have marked a few places i want to visit ,,by looking at your photo's and the information given ..so thank you for opening my eyes to these places i have been living here for 17 yrs
08:08 AM September 15, 2014
I really enjoy your your blog and photos Val. I follow you on Facebook.