Latest Blog Posts »
- Harry's Bar and Gastro Pub 17 hours ago We are just home from a fabulous night at Harry’s Gastro Pub. Harry’s is located in beautiful Rosses Point, Co. Sligo on the Wild Atlantic Way. I’m ashamed to say I’ve never been to Harry’s before but after tonight we’ll... Continue Reading →
- Sheep Water Rafting at Temple House 3 days ago Well today was very exciting. The lovely people at Temple House contacted me today and asked if I’d like a boat trip with a difference! I’ve seen on various occasions that they move their sheep across to an island for... Continue Reading →
- Back on a Rant 4 days ago Regular readers to the blog will know all about Jono’s spinal problems. Jono had severe kyphosis and scoliosis (curvature of the spine) and after a long wait he finally had spinal fusion surgery in 2009 in Tallaght, Dublin. The surgery... Continue Reading →
- Jono is featured in The Irish News! 5 days ago If you have been reading the blog recently you’ll know that Jono is heading to San Francisco. The Irish News in Belfast got in contact to write a story about how successful the gofundme campaign has been. It’s a brilliant... Continue Reading →
- Lunch in Sligo Town 1 week ago As the So Sligo Food and Cultural Festival and the Sligo Food Trail is taking place this weekend I thought I’d post about some of my favourite places for lunch. These are just a few of my suggestions and all... Continue Reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on Magnumlady's Blog
19:36 PM September 14, 2014
Magnumlady's blog is the one I most look forward to. Her updates are mostly funny, sometimes having a wee rant, and generally a one-woman guide to Sligo and surrounding counties. I've been introduced to all sorts of places and activities. Oh to have the energy and time to keep up with you Val. You're an amazing lady.
20:04 PM September 14, 2014
Love the informative information that is always available on this Blog .
20:12 PM September 14, 2014
Lucky you living in beautiful Sligo - I was born in Sligo and now live in York - beautiful also but in a very different way. I love your photos of Sligo - they make me homesick :-)
20:27 PM September 14, 2014
Vals blogs are always as wonderful as her images ....
20:28 PM September 14, 2014
Love magnumlady's Blog. This woman gets round Sligo like no other. Brilliant photo's and reviews of events, restaurants,Community gatherings, festivals, The list is endless. Informative and entertaining blog with exquisite images.
21:06 PM September 14, 2014
This is a fabulous blog for both tourists to the area and those who live here. Full of news about events and wonderful local pictures. I grew up here and I still see something new every week. Makes me want to go back.
21:15 PM September 14, 2014
Thank you for doing such a great job.
22:23 PM September 14, 2014
I love this blog, its fun with some gorgeous photos , really makes me want to visit Co Sligo. I lovecatching up with it every day, Val always makes me smile
00:24 AM September 15, 2014
Really interesting blog and her photography skills are amazing
01:24 AM September 15, 2014
Hi Val, follow you on facebook. Ex-Pat meself living in Mayo, which is right up there with Sligo on the beauty stakes :)
08:05 AM September 15, 2014
i too was born in England ...i absolutely love this country and am trying to do my family tree ...your information and photographs..i often share as i feel that you capture the beauty of Sligo and surrounding areas...i have marked a few places i want to visit ,,by looking at your photo's and the information given ..so thank you for opening my eyes to these places i have been living here for 17 yrs
08:08 AM September 15, 2014
I really enjoy your your blog and photos Val. I follow you on Facebook.