Latest Blog Posts »
- Cold Christmas 3 hours ago Originally posted on Magnumlady's Blog:Cold Christmas, originally uploaded by magnum_lady(away). This is today, around -8 last night. Freezing fog today. If it doesn’t clear tomorrow, we’ll be having cat food for Christmas dinner ;) The ‘nursing’ is going OK at the moment. Poor Jono is...
- How to Wrestle a Polar Bear 11 hours ago On the last Saturday before Christmas I escaped the hustle and bustle of all the last-minute shoppers and headed down to the The Factory performance space here in Sligo to hear the great explorer Thaddeus M. Whimsicleese (Bob Kelly) tell us all about his adventures. As I walked through the door I...
- DVAS 2 days ago A few weeks ago The Model hosted ‘Divas for DVAS’, a night celebrating women with all proceeds going towards the Safe House Project by DVAS. DVAS (Domestic Violence Advocacy Service) is a local service, protecting women affected by domestic violence throughout Sligo, Leitrim and West Cavan. I...
- Tea and Torture 5 days ago On Friday we went up to Lough Erne Resort in Enniskillen. I’d won a voucher last year and thought it was about time we used it. The hotel is lovely, it was very welcoming and warm and the staff were very efficient. We’d booked in for Afternoon Tea. We were kept waiting quite a while […]
- Why not donate your time over Christmas? 1 week ago If you have a bit of spare time over the Christmas season why not donate your time to a charity or organisation that would really appreciate the help. There are so many volunteer opportunities and although it’s a busy time of year, some of them only need help for an hour or so. Here are […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on Magnumlady's Blog
19:36 PM September 14, 2014
Magnumlady's blog is the one I most look forward to. Her updates are mostly funny, sometimes having a wee rant, and generally a one-woman guide to Sligo and surrounding counties. I've been introduced to all sorts of places and activities. Oh to have the energy and time to keep up with you Val. You're an amazing lady.
20:04 PM September 14, 2014
Love the informative information that is always available on this Blog .
20:12 PM September 14, 2014
Lucky you living in beautiful Sligo - I was born in Sligo and now live in York - beautiful also but in a very different way. I love your photos of Sligo - they make me homesick :-)
20:27 PM September 14, 2014
Vals blogs are always as wonderful as her images ....
20:28 PM September 14, 2014
Love magnumlady's Blog. This woman gets round Sligo like no other. Brilliant photo's and reviews of events, restaurants,Community gatherings, festivals, The list is endless. Informative and entertaining blog with exquisite images.
21:06 PM September 14, 2014
This is a fabulous blog for both tourists to the area and those who live here. Full of news about events and wonderful local pictures. I grew up here and I still see something new every week. Makes me want to go back.
21:15 PM September 14, 2014
Thank you for doing such a great job.
22:23 PM September 14, 2014
I love this blog, its fun with some gorgeous photos , really makes me want to visit Co Sligo. I lovecatching up with it every day, Val always makes me smile
00:24 AM September 15, 2014
Really interesting blog and her photography skills are amazing
01:24 AM September 15, 2014
Hi Val, follow you on facebook. Ex-Pat meself living in Mayo, which is right up there with Sligo on the beauty stakes :)
08:05 AM September 15, 2014
i too was born in England ...i absolutely love this country and am trying to do my family tree ...your information and photographs..i often share as i feel that you capture the beauty of Sligo and surrounding areas...i have marked a few places i want to visit ,,by looking at your photo's and the information given ..so thank you for opening my eyes to these places i have been living here for 17 yrs
08:08 AM September 15, 2014
I really enjoy your your blog and photos Val. I follow you on Facebook.