Latest Blog Posts »
- Markree Castle 2 days ago Markree Castle in Collooney, Co. Sligo is a place that is very dear to my heart. I was involved in the Sligo Leader Hidden History project in 2013 where I spent a great deal of time meandering around the grounds and researching the history of the castle. The Corscadden family purchased Markree...
- Equality for people with Disabilities 3 days ago Did you know 1 in 7 people in Ireland have a disability? Did you know Ireland remains the only country in the European Union that has failed to ratify the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD)? What this means is people with a disability in Ireland don’t have the same...
- Blue Monday along the Wild Atlantic Way 4 days ago So today was Blue Monday. Apparently the most depressing day of the year, not for me though. Michael from Nature Learn had posted recently about sea creatures – By-the-wind Sailor (Velella velella) – so I went searching. The first stop was Kellystown near Ransboro, Strandhill (photo at the...
- Squirrel Spotting in Sligo 5 days ago There was a great reaction to my squirrel photo yesterday and a lot of people have been asking where to see them in Sligo so I thought I’d do a quick post. I’ve seen a couple of red squirrels here in Coolaney but never managed to get a photo of them. There seem to be … Continue reading...
- Skincare and Squirrels 6 days ago A little bit of everything today. Firstly I paid a visit to The Holy Well. It’s one of my favourite places in Sligo, just so peaceful and calming. Today I wasn’t alone though….. When I arrived at The Holy Well I saw this little guy – he wasn’t a bit bothered about the car. I … Continue...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on Magnumlady's Blog
19:36 PM September 14, 2014
Magnumlady's blog is the one I most look forward to. Her updates are mostly funny, sometimes having a wee rant, and generally a one-woman guide to Sligo and surrounding counties. I've been introduced to all sorts of places and activities. Oh to have the energy and time to keep up with you Val. You're an amazing lady.
20:04 PM September 14, 2014
Love the informative information that is always available on this Blog .
20:12 PM September 14, 2014
Lucky you living in beautiful Sligo - I was born in Sligo and now live in York - beautiful also but in a very different way. I love your photos of Sligo - they make me homesick :-)
20:27 PM September 14, 2014
Vals blogs are always as wonderful as her images ....
20:28 PM September 14, 2014
Love magnumlady's Blog. This woman gets round Sligo like no other. Brilliant photo's and reviews of events, restaurants,Community gatherings, festivals, The list is endless. Informative and entertaining blog with exquisite images.
21:06 PM September 14, 2014
This is a fabulous blog for both tourists to the area and those who live here. Full of news about events and wonderful local pictures. I grew up here and I still see something new every week. Makes me want to go back.
21:15 PM September 14, 2014
Thank you for doing such a great job.
22:23 PM September 14, 2014
I love this blog, its fun with some gorgeous photos , really makes me want to visit Co Sligo. I lovecatching up with it every day, Val always makes me smile
00:24 AM September 15, 2014
Really interesting blog and her photography skills are amazing
01:24 AM September 15, 2014
Hi Val, follow you on facebook. Ex-Pat meself living in Mayo, which is right up there with Sligo on the beauty stakes :)
08:05 AM September 15, 2014
i too was born in England ...i absolutely love this country and am trying to do my family tree ...your information and photographs..i often share as i feel that you capture the beauty of Sligo and surrounding areas...i have marked a few places i want to visit ,,by looking at your photo's and the information given ..so thank you for opening my eyes to these places i have been living here for 17 yrs
08:08 AM September 15, 2014
I really enjoy your your blog and photos Val. I follow you on Facebook.