Latest Blog Posts »
- Mother's Day Lunch in Tra Ban 1 day ago Today was such a wonderful day. The sun was shining for a start which is always a bonus here in Ireland. It was also Mother’s Day so myself and Andy went for lunch to Trá Bán, an award-winning restaurant in Strandhill, Sligo. Siobhan, the restaurant manager, was there to welcome us and we were...
- Dealing with Anxiety 5 days ago It’s been a while since I’ve written about this mainly because I wanted to see what I have found helpful in case it might be of help to others. I’m aware this isn’t a one size fits all and what has helped me might not help you. I almost scream when I’m told to go … Continue reading...
- Drawn to Water 5 days ago It’s been hard to get motivated so far this year. I was beginning to think the spark had well and truly gone…until today. I was over in the Leitrim Sculpture Centre in Manorhamilton where Water Senses, an exhibition by Ruth Le Gear is running. I got to listen to Ruth speaking about her work...
- Snakes and Cakes 1 week ago This weekend was spent celebrating St. Patrick. On Friday I went to Dublin for the parade – more about that in another post. Yesterday was spent mainly eating cake – I can’t think of a better way to celebrate anything! First visit of the day was to Beltra Country Market. If you’ve been...
- Transformation Tuesday 1 week ago – Our village Operation Transformation finished last week. I went along every week to be weighed and I’ve lost a stone so I’m pretty happy with that. The pic on the left is before (I’m the less hairy one
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on Magnumlady's Blog
19:36 PM September 14, 2014
Magnumlady's blog is the one I most look forward to. Her updates are mostly funny, sometimes having a wee rant, and generally a one-woman guide to Sligo and surrounding counties. I've been introduced to all sorts of places and activities. Oh to have the energy and time to keep up with you Val. You're an amazing lady.
20:04 PM September 14, 2014
Love the informative information that is always available on this Blog .
20:12 PM September 14, 2014
Lucky you living in beautiful Sligo - I was born in Sligo and now live in York - beautiful also but in a very different way. I love your photos of Sligo - they make me homesick :-)
20:27 PM September 14, 2014
Vals blogs are always as wonderful as her images ....
20:28 PM September 14, 2014
Love magnumlady's Blog. This woman gets round Sligo like no other. Brilliant photo's and reviews of events, restaurants,Community gatherings, festivals, The list is endless. Informative and entertaining blog with exquisite images.
21:06 PM September 14, 2014
This is a fabulous blog for both tourists to the area and those who live here. Full of news about events and wonderful local pictures. I grew up here and I still see something new every week. Makes me want to go back.
21:15 PM September 14, 2014
Thank you for doing such a great job.
22:23 PM September 14, 2014
I love this blog, its fun with some gorgeous photos , really makes me want to visit Co Sligo. I lovecatching up with it every day, Val always makes me smile
00:24 AM September 15, 2014
Really interesting blog and her photography skills are amazing
01:24 AM September 15, 2014
Hi Val, follow you on facebook. Ex-Pat meself living in Mayo, which is right up there with Sligo on the beauty stakes :)
08:05 AM September 15, 2014
i too was born in England ...i absolutely love this country and am trying to do my family tree ...your information and photographs..i often share as i feel that you capture the beauty of Sligo and surrounding areas...i have marked a few places i want to visit ,,by looking at your photo's and the information given ..so thank you for opening my eyes to these places i have been living here for 17 yrs
08:08 AM September 15, 2014
I really enjoy your your blog and photos Val. I follow you on Facebook.