Latest Blog Posts »
- Avena Leisure Centre 10 hours ago When Jono had his check up in Dublin the consultant told him to try physiotherapy in a swimming pool to help his back pain. The only problem was he can only do about 15 minutes a week at the moment so joining a leisure centre would have been expensive and the sports centre would be … Continue...
- Seeing Red 1 day ago In case you are wondering what this pic is all about I’ve started a new part-time course. It’s a course about film making and this photo gave me the idea for a script I’m writing. The story is called ‘Seeing Red’ – not sure if I’ll post it here yet as it’s a bit rubbish. …...
- Squirrels and Sculptures 2 days ago In order to find my missing mojo I took a trip to the Botanic Gardens in Dublin today. It’s one of my favourite places in Dublin to visit and it’s free! I was delighted with this little fellow decided to pose for me. So after taking about 50 photos of him I carried on to … Continue reading...
- There's a bit of a spark 1 week ago Thank you to all of you who left lovely comments after my very self-indulgent post earlier this week. I’m still sort of down in the doldrums (thank you Granddad for the expression). The mojo is still absent but I’ve just started a film making course and there’s a spark starting to appear. So...
- Looking down or looking up? 1 week ago I’m having one of those self-doubting moments. Well it’s been like that for a while now. My confidence seems to have gone completely. I hate feeling like this and I’m not sure what to do to get it back. I’m not taking as many photos as usual. I feel like I haven’t taken a ‘wow’ …...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on Magnumlady's Blog
19:36 PM September 14, 2014
Magnumlady's blog is the one I most look forward to. Her updates are mostly funny, sometimes having a wee rant, and generally a one-woman guide to Sligo and surrounding counties. I've been introduced to all sorts of places and activities. Oh to have the energy and time to keep up with you Val. You're an amazing lady.
20:04 PM September 14, 2014
Love the informative information that is always available on this Blog .
20:12 PM September 14, 2014
Lucky you living in beautiful Sligo - I was born in Sligo and now live in York - beautiful also but in a very different way. I love your photos of Sligo - they make me homesick :-)
20:27 PM September 14, 2014
Vals blogs are always as wonderful as her images ....
20:28 PM September 14, 2014
Love magnumlady's Blog. This woman gets round Sligo like no other. Brilliant photo's and reviews of events, restaurants,Community gatherings, festivals, The list is endless. Informative and entertaining blog with exquisite images.
21:06 PM September 14, 2014
This is a fabulous blog for both tourists to the area and those who live here. Full of news about events and wonderful local pictures. I grew up here and I still see something new every week. Makes me want to go back.
21:15 PM September 14, 2014
Thank you for doing such a great job.
22:23 PM September 14, 2014
I love this blog, its fun with some gorgeous photos , really makes me want to visit Co Sligo. I lovecatching up with it every day, Val always makes me smile
00:24 AM September 15, 2014
Really interesting blog and her photography skills are amazing
01:24 AM September 15, 2014
Hi Val, follow you on facebook. Ex-Pat meself living in Mayo, which is right up there with Sligo on the beauty stakes :)
08:05 AM September 15, 2014
i too was born in England ...i absolutely love this country and am trying to do my family tree ...your information and photographs..i often share as i feel that you capture the beauty of Sligo and surrounding areas...i have marked a few places i want to visit ,,by looking at your photo's and the information given ..so thank you for opening my eyes to these places i have been living here for 17 yrs
08:08 AM September 15, 2014
I really enjoy your your blog and photos Val. I follow you on Facebook.