Latest Blog Posts »
- Walks, talks, music and more - The Sligo Festival 2016 2 days ago The Sligo Festival runs from July 24th until August 6th, 2016. It’s a jam-packed festival full of all kinds of everything with events to suit all ages. A lot of the events are free including the outdoor concerts which feature... Continue Reading →
- An Epic Day in Dublin 2 days ago On Wednesday Jono and I went up to Dublin for the day to be tourists. I’m always keen to find out what is out there for visitors to Ireland so this was a great chance to try not one but... Continue Reading →
- A little bit of magic in Beltra 3 days ago Today was a lovely day. I went along to Longford Demesne in Beltra, Co. Sligo with Michael and Molly from Nature Learn. Longford Demesne is run by Yvonne and Declan Foley and it’s obvious they are passionate about their little... Continue Reading →
- High Tea at the Bottom of the Sea 1 week ago Today was such a special day for us and one that really touched our hearts. High tea at the bottom of the sea was held as a fundraiser for Jono’s Journey. There is a group called the 50’s of ’66.... Continue Reading →
- Carrick Water Music Festival 1 week ago The 2016 Carrick Water Music Festival has been running for the last few days in Carrick-on-Shannon, Co. Leitrim. We went along today to check out the events. In hindsight yesterday would have been a better day to go as there was... Continue Reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on Magnumlady's Blog
19:36 PM September 14, 2014
Magnumlady's blog is the one I most look forward to. Her updates are mostly funny, sometimes having a wee rant, and generally a one-woman guide to Sligo and surrounding counties. I've been introduced to all sorts of places and activities. Oh to have the energy and time to keep up with you Val. You're an amazing lady.
20:04 PM September 14, 2014
Love the informative information that is always available on this Blog .
20:12 PM September 14, 2014
Lucky you living in beautiful Sligo - I was born in Sligo and now live in York - beautiful also but in a very different way. I love your photos of Sligo - they make me homesick :-)
20:27 PM September 14, 2014
Vals blogs are always as wonderful as her images ....
20:28 PM September 14, 2014
Love magnumlady's Blog. This woman gets round Sligo like no other. Brilliant photo's and reviews of events, restaurants,Community gatherings, festivals, The list is endless. Informative and entertaining blog with exquisite images.
21:06 PM September 14, 2014
This is a fabulous blog for both tourists to the area and those who live here. Full of news about events and wonderful local pictures. I grew up here and I still see something new every week. Makes me want to go back.
21:15 PM September 14, 2014
Thank you for doing such a great job.
22:23 PM September 14, 2014
I love this blog, its fun with some gorgeous photos , really makes me want to visit Co Sligo. I lovecatching up with it every day, Val always makes me smile
00:24 AM September 15, 2014
Really interesting blog and her photography skills are amazing
01:24 AM September 15, 2014
Hi Val, follow you on facebook. Ex-Pat meself living in Mayo, which is right up there with Sligo on the beauty stakes :)
08:05 AM September 15, 2014
i too was born in England ...i absolutely love this country and am trying to do my family tree ...your information and photographs..i often share as i feel that you capture the beauty of Sligo and surrounding areas...i have marked a few places i want to visit ,,by looking at your photo's and the information given ..so thank you for opening my eyes to these places i have been living here for 17 yrs
08:08 AM September 15, 2014
I really enjoy your your blog and photos Val. I follow you on Facebook.