Latest Blog Posts »
- Celebrating in Collooney 1 day ago It was my birthday on Friday and although I hadn’t intended venturing out Lucy and Laurence kindly gave me a voucher for Nook in Collooney. I decided we should all go there for lunch, we also paid a visit to Mill Falls (above) – well worth a visit. If you haven’t been to Nook it … Continue...
- Taking the first step 3 days ago After a wonderful time in Hamburg my friend anxiety was waiting for me when I returned home to Ireland. I did try to get back to ‘normal’ life, going to a place I usually felt comfortable in but I got a wobble and had to leave almost as soon as I arrived. I tried again … Continue reading...
- Heavenly Hamburg 1 week ago Myself and Jono are just back from a couple of days in Hamburg, Germany. We were inspired to visit after reading a post on the Journalist on the Run blog. We also realised it was home to *Miniatur Wunderland – the world’s largest model railway, as this is Jono’s other passion we had to go....
- Coming Home 1 week ago We got home late last night from Germany. We had a wonderful few days and I have a lot of photos to go through and so much to tell you. I’m starting to feel apprehensive about returning to the ‘real world’ next week. The pain in my chest has returned and I’m not sure how … Continue...
- Hamburg Calling 1 week ago Once again thank you so much for all your support. We’ve arrived in Hamburg safe and sound. I did feel a bit hemmed in on the plane but I listened to music and I was grand. First impressions of Hamburg – so far I love the place. Although really I’ve only seen the Superbude Hotel/ …...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on Magnumlady's Blog
19:36 PM September 14, 2014
Magnumlady's blog is the one I most look forward to. Her updates are mostly funny, sometimes having a wee rant, and generally a one-woman guide to Sligo and surrounding counties. I've been introduced to all sorts of places and activities. Oh to have the energy and time to keep up with you Val. You're an amazing lady.
20:04 PM September 14, 2014
Love the informative information that is always available on this Blog .
20:12 PM September 14, 2014
Lucky you living in beautiful Sligo - I was born in Sligo and now live in York - beautiful also but in a very different way. I love your photos of Sligo - they make me homesick :-)
20:27 PM September 14, 2014
Vals blogs are always as wonderful as her images ....
20:28 PM September 14, 2014
Love magnumlady's Blog. This woman gets round Sligo like no other. Brilliant photo's and reviews of events, restaurants,Community gatherings, festivals, The list is endless. Informative and entertaining blog with exquisite images.
21:06 PM September 14, 2014
This is a fabulous blog for both tourists to the area and those who live here. Full of news about events and wonderful local pictures. I grew up here and I still see something new every week. Makes me want to go back.
21:15 PM September 14, 2014
Thank you for doing such a great job.
22:23 PM September 14, 2014
I love this blog, its fun with some gorgeous photos , really makes me want to visit Co Sligo. I lovecatching up with it every day, Val always makes me smile
00:24 AM September 15, 2014
Really interesting blog and her photography skills are amazing
01:24 AM September 15, 2014
Hi Val, follow you on facebook. Ex-Pat meself living in Mayo, which is right up there with Sligo on the beauty stakes :)
08:05 AM September 15, 2014
i too was born in England ...i absolutely love this country and am trying to do my family tree ...your information and photographs..i often share as i feel that you capture the beauty of Sligo and surrounding areas...i have marked a few places i want to visit ,,by looking at your photo's and the information given ..so thank you for opening my eyes to these places i have been living here for 17 yrs
08:08 AM September 15, 2014
I really enjoy your your blog and photos Val. I follow you on Facebook.