Latest Blog Posts »
- A New Chapter 1 day ago Do you ever feel that life is ticking along just fine and bang someone pulls the rug out from beneath your feet? Well this happened to us in the last few weeks. Now I’m probably making it sound a lot more dramatic than it is but I’m usually great at coping with things and this … Continue...
- A little thanks would go a long way 2 days ago I’m on a bit of a rant. It’s been a while since I’ve had one (I feel like I’m in confession!) Anyway my rant today is about Charity Shops. I love them, in fact most of my clothes come from them. What I don’t like about them is how ungrateful they can be when you … Continue reading A...
- Fashion in Sligo 4 days ago The first ever Sligo Fashion Trail happened on Thursday and I went along as one of the bloggers. Yes I know I’m not a fashionista but I still have to wear clothes and was hoping for some inspiration. There were indeed some beautiful outfits but I will never have a model sized figure and I never...
- Feeling Festive at Feehily's Florist 4 days ago This week I went along to Feehily’s Florist in Carraroe, Sligo to try my hand at flower arranging. I’ve never done anything like this before and I wasn’t sure if it would be something I’d be any good at or if I would enjoy it. Feehily’s Florist is a gorgeous shop, it’s hard not to …...
- Sligo Fashion Trail 1 week ago The Sligo Fashion Trail takes place this Thursday, 1st December. This free event will be taking place in various locations in Sligo town and all are welcome to attend. I’m looking forward to seeing the fashion shows, goodness knows I need all the help I can get! I’d love to know what kind of...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on Magnumlady's Blog
19:36 PM September 14, 2014
Magnumlady's blog is the one I most look forward to. Her updates are mostly funny, sometimes having a wee rant, and generally a one-woman guide to Sligo and surrounding counties. I've been introduced to all sorts of places and activities. Oh to have the energy and time to keep up with you Val. You're an amazing lady.
20:04 PM September 14, 2014
Love the informative information that is always available on this Blog .
20:12 PM September 14, 2014
Lucky you living in beautiful Sligo - I was born in Sligo and now live in York - beautiful also but in a very different way. I love your photos of Sligo - they make me homesick :-)
20:27 PM September 14, 2014
Vals blogs are always as wonderful as her images ....
20:28 PM September 14, 2014
Love magnumlady's Blog. This woman gets round Sligo like no other. Brilliant photo's and reviews of events, restaurants,Community gatherings, festivals, The list is endless. Informative and entertaining blog with exquisite images.
21:06 PM September 14, 2014
This is a fabulous blog for both tourists to the area and those who live here. Full of news about events and wonderful local pictures. I grew up here and I still see something new every week. Makes me want to go back.
21:15 PM September 14, 2014
Thank you for doing such a great job.
22:23 PM September 14, 2014
I love this blog, its fun with some gorgeous photos , really makes me want to visit Co Sligo. I lovecatching up with it every day, Val always makes me smile
00:24 AM September 15, 2014
Really interesting blog and her photography skills are amazing
01:24 AM September 15, 2014
Hi Val, follow you on facebook. Ex-Pat meself living in Mayo, which is right up there with Sligo on the beauty stakes :)
08:05 AM September 15, 2014
i too was born in England ...i absolutely love this country and am trying to do my family tree ...your information and photographs..i often share as i feel that you capture the beauty of Sligo and surrounding areas...i have marked a few places i want to visit ,,by looking at your photo's and the information given ..so thank you for opening my eyes to these places i have been living here for 17 yrs
08:08 AM September 15, 2014
I really enjoy your your blog and photos Val. I follow you on Facebook.