Latest Blog Posts »
- Blue Monday 17 hours ago Today was a wonderful day for me. I know it was Blue Monday and it was raining but it was wonderful. We had our coffee morning and so many people turned up, it was so lovely seeing people talking to each other and new connections being made. It’s amazing how many of us are in … Continue reading...
- Taptastic 1 day ago I went for my first tap dancing lesson today, it was so exciting! Well it was exciting when people arrived and I stopped hovering in the corridor like a spare part. Anxiety how are ya!? I was a bit giddy before we started. The opening from Fame popped into my head, you know – “Right …...
- Don't have a Blue Monday 1 day ago Tomorrow is Blue Monday, apparently the most depressing day of the year. Christmas is over, the decorations are down, the bank accounts are empty, the days are short and the weather is shite…..but it doesn’t have to be all doom and gloom. Our Havin’aLaugh coffee morning is on tomorrow at The...
- Me and my shadow 3 days ago If you’ve been following the blog you’ll know about my battle with depression. I’ve written a lot about this shadow person that kind of took over, it’s a bit mad because I woke in the middle of the night and an article came up on Facebook about Carl Jung and his theory on everyone having...
- A Friday Chat 3 days ago I’m calling it a chat because when I type I feel like I’m chatting to you so grab a coffee, take a seat and join me on my rambles. Speaking of coffee there is a coffee morning on Monday in The Blind Tiger, Sligo 10am – 12 noon…come and join us. The tattoo seems to … Continue reading A...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on Magnumlady's Blog
19:36 PM September 14, 2014
Magnumlady's blog is the one I most look forward to. Her updates are mostly funny, sometimes having a wee rant, and generally a one-woman guide to Sligo and surrounding counties. I've been introduced to all sorts of places and activities. Oh to have the energy and time to keep up with you Val. You're an amazing lady.
20:04 PM September 14, 2014
Love the informative information that is always available on this Blog .
20:12 PM September 14, 2014
Lucky you living in beautiful Sligo - I was born in Sligo and now live in York - beautiful also but in a very different way. I love your photos of Sligo - they make me homesick :-)
20:27 PM September 14, 2014
Vals blogs are always as wonderful as her images ....
20:28 PM September 14, 2014
Love magnumlady's Blog. This woman gets round Sligo like no other. Brilliant photo's and reviews of events, restaurants,Community gatherings, festivals, The list is endless. Informative and entertaining blog with exquisite images.
21:06 PM September 14, 2014
This is a fabulous blog for both tourists to the area and those who live here. Full of news about events and wonderful local pictures. I grew up here and I still see something new every week. Makes me want to go back.
21:15 PM September 14, 2014
Thank you for doing such a great job.
22:23 PM September 14, 2014
I love this blog, its fun with some gorgeous photos , really makes me want to visit Co Sligo. I lovecatching up with it every day, Val always makes me smile
00:24 AM September 15, 2014
Really interesting blog and her photography skills are amazing
01:24 AM September 15, 2014
Hi Val, follow you on facebook. Ex-Pat meself living in Mayo, which is right up there with Sligo on the beauty stakes :)
08:05 AM September 15, 2014
i too was born in England ...i absolutely love this country and am trying to do my family tree ...your information and photographs..i often share as i feel that you capture the beauty of Sligo and surrounding areas...i have marked a few places i want to visit ,,by looking at your photo's and the information given ..so thank you for opening my eyes to these places i have been living here for 17 yrs
08:08 AM September 15, 2014
I really enjoy your your blog and photos Val. I follow you on Facebook.