Latest Blog Posts »
- Halloween Happenings in Sligo 3 days ago Halloween, which actually originated in Ireland (more about that later in another blog), also coincides with the mid-term break here in Ireland so I’ve decided to blog about some things of interest happening in Sligo. Firstly and not just not for Halloween. Go on a drive of the Sligo section of...
- The Other Man in my Life 3 days ago I don’t often post about the other man in my life. He’s the strong, silent type but always on hand to take me off on an adventure and he never complains about my singing. This morning was all about him. I have to admit I was a bag of nerves as I watched him being put … Continue reading The...
- Monday Motivation - An Update 4 days ago If you read my post a couple of weeks ago, you might be wondering how I’m getting on. Well I’m still trying with the diet healthy lifestyle. I started on the worst week with the Sligo Food Trail taking place but one bad day doesn’t ruin it all. So far it’s going grand. I’ve lost …...
- Harvest Soup Recipe 5 days ago I had a quiet afternoon for a change and a few random vegetables knocking about the place so I decided to make soup – it’s healthier than cake
- A Feathered Fundraiser 6 days ago Last week myself and Lucy went along to the Little Wings Bird Sanctuary Fundraiser. A couple of times a year the sanctuary, based in Banada, Co. Sligo, put on a ‘Fun Dog Show’. It’s always great fun and this time was no exception. This time the lovely Pauline McLynn (who you would know as...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on Magnumlady's Blog
19:36 PM September 14, 2014
Magnumlady's blog is the one I most look forward to. Her updates are mostly funny, sometimes having a wee rant, and generally a one-woman guide to Sligo and surrounding counties. I've been introduced to all sorts of places and activities. Oh to have the energy and time to keep up with you Val. You're an amazing lady.
20:04 PM September 14, 2014
Love the informative information that is always available on this Blog .
20:12 PM September 14, 2014
Lucky you living in beautiful Sligo - I was born in Sligo and now live in York - beautiful also but in a very different way. I love your photos of Sligo - they make me homesick :-)
20:27 PM September 14, 2014
Vals blogs are always as wonderful as her images ....
20:28 PM September 14, 2014
Love magnumlady's Blog. This woman gets round Sligo like no other. Brilliant photo's and reviews of events, restaurants,Community gatherings, festivals, The list is endless. Informative and entertaining blog with exquisite images.
21:06 PM September 14, 2014
This is a fabulous blog for both tourists to the area and those who live here. Full of news about events and wonderful local pictures. I grew up here and I still see something new every week. Makes me want to go back.
21:15 PM September 14, 2014
Thank you for doing such a great job.
22:23 PM September 14, 2014
I love this blog, its fun with some gorgeous photos , really makes me want to visit Co Sligo. I lovecatching up with it every day, Val always makes me smile
00:24 AM September 15, 2014
Really interesting blog and her photography skills are amazing
01:24 AM September 15, 2014
Hi Val, follow you on facebook. Ex-Pat meself living in Mayo, which is right up there with Sligo on the beauty stakes :)
08:05 AM September 15, 2014
i too was born in England ...i absolutely love this country and am trying to do my family tree ...your information and photographs..i often share as i feel that you capture the beauty of Sligo and surrounding areas...i have marked a few places i want to visit ,,by looking at your photo's and the information given ..so thank you for opening my eyes to these places i have been living here for 17 yrs
08:08 AM September 15, 2014
I really enjoy your your blog and photos Val. I follow you on Facebook.