Latest Blog Posts »
- Pet Portraits - and more 1 day ago If you are looking for a special gift how about booking me to take a ‘pet portrait’. I will come to your home or meet you at a scenic location and take some special photos of your pet. I will email you small sizes of the images and you can either get a print of […]
- Harvest Home at Lissadell House 2 days ago I was invited along to Lissadell House for the Harvest Home for the North West event yesterday. I had to hand out prizes for the adult art competition, I'm delighted I didn't have to judge it as the standard was so high. There was a bit of a scary moment when I arrived at the house and Gilbert (the...
- Something Special at Eala Bhan 4 days ago Lucy and I went along to Eala Bhan during the week to try out their Afternoon Tea. I’m a big fan of Afternoon Tea (well to be honest I’m a big fan of food in general!) This was the best Afternoon Tea I’ve ever had. Eala Bhan is a really beautiful restaurant, located along the […]
- Tiffany Budd - Goldsmith 1 week ago Today was a great day. A totally new opportunity for me to try something different at a silver jewellery making course with the wonderfully talented Tiffany Budd. I really had no idea what to expect but I turned up to a very warm welcome by Tiffany and her lovely dogs. First things first was a […]
- Seal Release in Sligo 1 week ago Today I went along to Culleenamore Beach near Strandhill, Sligo to see three seals being released back into the sea. Sligo Rescue Ireland have done a great job with Mr. Yeats, Bubbles and Emmet, which were the seals released today. Neil Walton from Voya Seaweed Baths found Mr. Yeats washed up on...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on Magnumlady's Blog
19:36 PM September 14, 2014
Magnumlady's blog is the one I most look forward to. Her updates are mostly funny, sometimes having a wee rant, and generally a one-woman guide to Sligo and surrounding counties. I've been introduced to all sorts of places and activities. Oh to have the energy and time to keep up with you Val. You're an amazing lady.
20:04 PM September 14, 2014
Love the informative information that is always available on this Blog .
20:12 PM September 14, 2014
Lucky you living in beautiful Sligo - I was born in Sligo and now live in York - beautiful also but in a very different way. I love your photos of Sligo - they make me homesick :-)
20:27 PM September 14, 2014
Vals blogs are always as wonderful as her images ....
20:28 PM September 14, 2014
Love magnumlady's Blog. This woman gets round Sligo like no other. Brilliant photo's and reviews of events, restaurants,Community gatherings, festivals, The list is endless. Informative and entertaining blog with exquisite images.
21:06 PM September 14, 2014
This is a fabulous blog for both tourists to the area and those who live here. Full of news about events and wonderful local pictures. I grew up here and I still see something new every week. Makes me want to go back.
21:15 PM September 14, 2014
Thank you for doing such a great job.
22:23 PM September 14, 2014
I love this blog, its fun with some gorgeous photos , really makes me want to visit Co Sligo. I lovecatching up with it every day, Val always makes me smile
00:24 AM September 15, 2014
Really interesting blog and her photography skills are amazing
01:24 AM September 15, 2014
Hi Val, follow you on facebook. Ex-Pat meself living in Mayo, which is right up there with Sligo on the beauty stakes :)
08:05 AM September 15, 2014
i too was born in England ...i absolutely love this country and am trying to do my family tree ...your information and photographs..i often share as i feel that you capture the beauty of Sligo and surrounding areas...i have marked a few places i want to visit ,,by looking at your photo's and the information given ..so thank you for opening my eyes to these places i have been living here for 17 yrs
08:08 AM September 15, 2014
I really enjoy your your blog and photos Val. I follow you on Facebook.