Latest Blog Posts »
- Sligo Sings 2 days ago Today I joined a choir. Singing in public has been on the bucket list for a while now. In my dreams I can see myself up on stage with the Fun Company! There’s a slight problem though – I can’t sing! Anyway a while ago I saw the Hawk’s Well Theatre were setting up choirs […]
- Beers and Botanical Gardens 3 days ago A couple of weeks ago Jono and I headed up to Dublin for the day. There were a few reasons that I wanted to go up, the first was to see the Sculpture in Context exhibition at the National Botanical Gardens, the second was to see an exhibition by a photographer I follow on Twitter, […]
- Foggy Friday 4 days ago I’m probably in the minority but I love foggy mornings and today was certainly foggy. The photo above was taken at 10am on the Green Road, Sligo – where I usually take my shots of Lough Gill. I couldn’t see the lake today – or anything else, except the cobwebs. Hope you like the pics. […]
- Sailing into Autumn 1 week ago A very lazy blog post and some even lazier photos. This morning was a lovely misty morning so before I had to be anywhere I got a few pics of the boats on the Garavogue River in Sligo. I couldn’t be bothered getting the camera out, even though it was with me – I told […]
- The Exhibition is on the move 1 week ago Part of yesterday was spent packing up the Wild Atlantic Wayfarer exhibition from the Hawk’s Well Theatre. It’s been wonderful to have an exhibition there and my sincere thanks to the Hawk’s Well, Look West. I’d also like to thank everyone who called in to see it and of course those who...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on Magnumlady's Blog
19:36 PM September 14, 2014
Magnumlady's blog is the one I most look forward to. Her updates are mostly funny, sometimes having a wee rant, and generally a one-woman guide to Sligo and surrounding counties. I've been introduced to all sorts of places and activities. Oh to have the energy and time to keep up with you Val. You're an amazing lady.
20:04 PM September 14, 2014
Love the informative information that is always available on this Blog .
20:12 PM September 14, 2014
Lucky you living in beautiful Sligo - I was born in Sligo and now live in York - beautiful also but in a very different way. I love your photos of Sligo - they make me homesick :-)
20:27 PM September 14, 2014
Vals blogs are always as wonderful as her images ....
20:28 PM September 14, 2014
Love magnumlady's Blog. This woman gets round Sligo like no other. Brilliant photo's and reviews of events, restaurants,Community gatherings, festivals, The list is endless. Informative and entertaining blog with exquisite images.
21:06 PM September 14, 2014
This is a fabulous blog for both tourists to the area and those who live here. Full of news about events and wonderful local pictures. I grew up here and I still see something new every week. Makes me want to go back.
21:15 PM September 14, 2014
Thank you for doing such a great job.
22:23 PM September 14, 2014
I love this blog, its fun with some gorgeous photos , really makes me want to visit Co Sligo. I lovecatching up with it every day, Val always makes me smile
00:24 AM September 15, 2014
Really interesting blog and her photography skills are amazing
01:24 AM September 15, 2014
Hi Val, follow you on facebook. Ex-Pat meself living in Mayo, which is right up there with Sligo on the beauty stakes :)
08:05 AM September 15, 2014
i too was born in England ...i absolutely love this country and am trying to do my family tree ...your information and photographs..i often share as i feel that you capture the beauty of Sligo and surrounding areas...i have marked a few places i want to visit ,,by looking at your photo's and the information given ..so thank you for opening my eyes to these places i have been living here for 17 yrs
08:08 AM September 15, 2014
I really enjoy your your blog and photos Val. I follow you on Facebook.