Latest Blog Posts »
- The End of a Chapter 3 days ago Tomorrow will be a sad day for me as Chapters, one of my favourite coffee shops in Sligo, is closing down. Chapters holds many happy memories for me. I’ve met with friends there, listened to poetry and readings there, been filmed for TV there, chilled out there. I remember sitting in Chapters...
- Trumpets and Knickers 3 days ago Yes I know it’s an odd blog title…but it’s to do with the Spike Sligo stories I’m working on. All will be revealed when the time comes ;) The good people of twitter must think I’m going slightly mad with my talk of trumpets and knickers.It’s been really interesting though, Spike...
- TV and toenails 1 week ago It’s been a very busy week. I haven’t had time to bless my self, as my granny would have said (not that I ever do bless myself but you get the idea). We had a few days of ice/snow/sleet/hail. The usual Irish four seasons in one day weather but the photo above came out of […]
- Coming Home 1 week ago Following on my the reason I went to Galway blog and the journey to Galway blog here’s the returning home blog ;) It was one of the most awful days weather wise – the winds made Storm Rachel look like a breeze. In my wisdom I decided to drive home through Connemara (as only I […]
- Spike Milligan Sligo Stories 1 week ago I’m preparing an exhibition of portraits for the forthcoming Spike Sligo festival (8-12 April). I’m looking for people from Sligo who met Spike and have a story to tell. “Since we started the spike Sligo project we keep meeting people who say “oh I met spike once…” There’s a real...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on Magnumlady's Blog
19:36 PM September 14, 2014
Magnumlady's blog is the one I most look forward to. Her updates are mostly funny, sometimes having a wee rant, and generally a one-woman guide to Sligo and surrounding counties. I've been introduced to all sorts of places and activities. Oh to have the energy and time to keep up with you Val. You're an amazing lady.
20:04 PM September 14, 2014
Love the informative information that is always available on this Blog .
20:12 PM September 14, 2014
Lucky you living in beautiful Sligo - I was born in Sligo and now live in York - beautiful also but in a very different way. I love your photos of Sligo - they make me homesick :-)
20:27 PM September 14, 2014
Vals blogs are always as wonderful as her images ....
20:28 PM September 14, 2014
Love magnumlady's Blog. This woman gets round Sligo like no other. Brilliant photo's and reviews of events, restaurants,Community gatherings, festivals, The list is endless. Informative and entertaining blog with exquisite images.
21:06 PM September 14, 2014
This is a fabulous blog for both tourists to the area and those who live here. Full of news about events and wonderful local pictures. I grew up here and I still see something new every week. Makes me want to go back.
21:15 PM September 14, 2014
Thank you for doing such a great job.
22:23 PM September 14, 2014
I love this blog, its fun with some gorgeous photos , really makes me want to visit Co Sligo. I lovecatching up with it every day, Val always makes me smile
00:24 AM September 15, 2014
Really interesting blog and her photography skills are amazing
01:24 AM September 15, 2014
Hi Val, follow you on facebook. Ex-Pat meself living in Mayo, which is right up there with Sligo on the beauty stakes :)
08:05 AM September 15, 2014
i too was born in England ...i absolutely love this country and am trying to do my family tree ...your information and photographs..i often share as i feel that you capture the beauty of Sligo and surrounding areas...i have marked a few places i want to visit ,,by looking at your photo's and the information given ..so thank you for opening my eyes to these places i have been living here for 17 yrs
08:08 AM September 15, 2014
I really enjoy your your blog and photos Val. I follow you on Facebook.