Latest Blog Posts »
- SHANE FILAN IS "DOING IT FOR DONAL"! 6 hours ago SHANE’S HOMECOMING GIG TO HELP LOCAL BOY WITH RARE CHILDREN’S CANCER Knocknarea Area, Sligo – 5th December 2014 Shane Filan and his band will be performing their final gig for their highly successful current “You & Me” tour back in Shane’s home town, for a local boy, Donal Parsons, who...
- Seasons End 2 days ago Well the clocks have gone back and the dark evenings are here and I’m feeling a bit ‘meh’. I’m sure it will pass in time because I miss my usual cheerful self. On the positive side I haven’t had to change the clock back in my car because I didn’t put it forward in the […]
- Sligo Live 2014 3 days ago Sligo Live has just taken place. It’s been a great few days with plenty of music in various venues throughout the town. I got to see Claudia Schwab & Marti Taern at The Model. I also saw Tom Terrell at The Model, who proved to be very popular. The thing I like about Sligo Live […]
- Pet Portraits - and more 1 week ago If you are looking for a special gift how about booking me to take a ‘pet portrait’. I will come to your home or meet you at a scenic location and take some special photos of your pet. I will email you small sizes of the images and you can either get a print of […]
- Harvest Home at Lissadell House 1 week ago I was invited along to Lissadell House for the Harvest Home for the North West event yesterday. I had to hand out prizes for the adult art competition, I'm delighted I didn't have to judge it as the standard was so high. There was a bit of a scary moment when I arrived at the house and Gilbert (the...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on Magnumlady's Blog
19:36 PM September 14, 2014
Magnumlady's blog is the one I most look forward to. Her updates are mostly funny, sometimes having a wee rant, and generally a one-woman guide to Sligo and surrounding counties. I've been introduced to all sorts of places and activities. Oh to have the energy and time to keep up with you Val. You're an amazing lady.
20:04 PM September 14, 2014
Love the informative information that is always available on this Blog .
20:12 PM September 14, 2014
Lucky you living in beautiful Sligo - I was born in Sligo and now live in York - beautiful also but in a very different way. I love your photos of Sligo - they make me homesick :-)
20:27 PM September 14, 2014
Vals blogs are always as wonderful as her images ....
20:28 PM September 14, 2014
Love magnumlady's Blog. This woman gets round Sligo like no other. Brilliant photo's and reviews of events, restaurants,Community gatherings, festivals, The list is endless. Informative and entertaining blog with exquisite images.
21:06 PM September 14, 2014
This is a fabulous blog for both tourists to the area and those who live here. Full of news about events and wonderful local pictures. I grew up here and I still see something new every week. Makes me want to go back.
21:15 PM September 14, 2014
Thank you for doing such a great job.
22:23 PM September 14, 2014
I love this blog, its fun with some gorgeous photos , really makes me want to visit Co Sligo. I lovecatching up with it every day, Val always makes me smile
00:24 AM September 15, 2014
Really interesting blog and her photography skills are amazing
01:24 AM September 15, 2014
Hi Val, follow you on facebook. Ex-Pat meself living in Mayo, which is right up there with Sligo on the beauty stakes :)
08:05 AM September 15, 2014
i too was born in England ...i absolutely love this country and am trying to do my family tree ...your information and photographs..i often share as i feel that you capture the beauty of Sligo and surrounding areas...i have marked a few places i want to visit ,,by looking at your photo's and the information given ..so thank you for opening my eyes to these places i have been living here for 17 yrs
08:08 AM September 15, 2014
I really enjoy your your blog and photos Val. I follow you on Facebook.