Latest Blog Posts »
- I'm happy! 8 hours ago Today was the second social coffee morning in conjunction with Havin’ALaugh. One of the main things that I found recently is how isolated I felt and this impacted greatly on my mental health and well-being. I suppose the older I get the harder I find making friends especially if you aren’t a...
- Hooray for the weekend 2 days ago I’m sitting here listening to Storm Brian howling outside, we’ve already lost half of the fence. It’s been such a hectic week, at this stage I’m beyond tiredness and I really need to look after myself. Every time I sit down I want to go to sleep, I really must get a blood test done …...
- Havin' A Coffee - October 2017 3 days ago After the phenomenal success of the Chari-Tea Coffee Morning for Havin’ A Laugh I’ve decided to have another one. This time is just a social one for people to meet for a cuppa and a chat. It’s on Monday 23rd October in The Blind Tiger, Sligo from 10am – 12 noon and all are welcome. …...
- Things to do in Sligo Halloween 2017 1 week ago There is a lot going on in Sligo in the run up to the Halloween season so perhaps if you’ve never visited Sligo now would be the ideal time to plan a break along the Wild Atlantic Way. 17th – 27th October. Children’s Secret Cinema at The Model for a fortnight in October. This pop-up …...
- Suggestions for Sligo 1 week ago I thought for a long time about writing this post. I am so passionate about Sligo, it has huge potential and it saddens me to see so many wasted opportunities. It’s great to see the barn going up in the town, brilliant idea. I also loved the Sligo Summer Festival – it just shows what …...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on Magnumlady's Blog
19:36 PM September 14, 2014
Magnumlady's blog is the one I most look forward to. Her updates are mostly funny, sometimes having a wee rant, and generally a one-woman guide to Sligo and surrounding counties. I've been introduced to all sorts of places and activities. Oh to have the energy and time to keep up with you Val. You're an amazing lady.
20:04 PM September 14, 2014
Love the informative information that is always available on this Blog .
20:12 PM September 14, 2014
Lucky you living in beautiful Sligo - I was born in Sligo and now live in York - beautiful also but in a very different way. I love your photos of Sligo - they make me homesick :-)
20:27 PM September 14, 2014
Vals blogs are always as wonderful as her images ....
20:28 PM September 14, 2014
Love magnumlady's Blog. This woman gets round Sligo like no other. Brilliant photo's and reviews of events, restaurants,Community gatherings, festivals, The list is endless. Informative and entertaining blog with exquisite images.
21:06 PM September 14, 2014
This is a fabulous blog for both tourists to the area and those who live here. Full of news about events and wonderful local pictures. I grew up here and I still see something new every week. Makes me want to go back.
21:15 PM September 14, 2014
Thank you for doing such a great job.
22:23 PM September 14, 2014
I love this blog, its fun with some gorgeous photos , really makes me want to visit Co Sligo. I lovecatching up with it every day, Val always makes me smile
00:24 AM September 15, 2014
Really interesting blog and her photography skills are amazing
01:24 AM September 15, 2014
Hi Val, follow you on facebook. Ex-Pat meself living in Mayo, which is right up there with Sligo on the beauty stakes :)
08:05 AM September 15, 2014
i too was born in England ...i absolutely love this country and am trying to do my family tree ...your information and photographs..i often share as i feel that you capture the beauty of Sligo and surrounding areas...i have marked a few places i want to visit ,,by looking at your photo's and the information given ..so thank you for opening my eyes to these places i have been living here for 17 yrs
08:08 AM September 15, 2014
I really enjoy your your blog and photos Val. I follow you on Facebook.