Latest Blog Posts »
- Rathcormac Food and Craft Market 2 days ago Rathcormac is the place to be every Saturday when the wonderful food and craft fair takes place. It’s on from 11am-4pm in Branley’s Yard, Rathcormac which is just between Sligo town and Drumcliffe. There is a wonderful atmosphere, brilliant stalls, friendly faces, live music, tasty food, the...
- Cobwebs and Cabbages 6 days ago It’s been a fantastic few days as far as the weather is concerned. It certainly makes a nice change from the flooded roads of last week. On Friday I could have done with a boat instead of a car! Thankfully there doesn’t seem to be any sign of the harsh winter we are meant to […]
- Cards and Calendars 1 week ago I’ve been asked by a few people if I would do a Sligo calendar. I’m not sure how viable it is but I’ve bitten the bullet and have one in the process of being printed at the moment. It will sell at €10 and I can post it if the buyer covers the postage costs. […]
- Rocket-dog got a present! 1 week ago There was great excitement in our household when the postman arrived with a package for Rocket-dog. He was delighted and even opened it himself! It was a fabulous hamper from Pooch & Purr Pet Hampers! They are located in Sligo but will post Nationwide and have a wonderful selection of hampers for...
- Yeats Country Hotel Spa and Leisure Club 2 weeks ago I was delighted when I got an email to invite Lucy and I along for a Mother/Daughter weekend at the Yeats Country Hotel in Rosses Point, Co. Sligo. We arrived on a chilly day and were welcomed by smiling faces and a blazing fire. We were given the key to our room (it was huge!) […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on Magnumlady's Blog
19:36 PM September 14, 2014
Magnumlady's blog is the one I most look forward to. Her updates are mostly funny, sometimes having a wee rant, and generally a one-woman guide to Sligo and surrounding counties. I've been introduced to all sorts of places and activities. Oh to have the energy and time to keep up with you Val. You're an amazing lady.
20:04 PM September 14, 2014
Love the informative information that is always available on this Blog .
20:12 PM September 14, 2014
Lucky you living in beautiful Sligo - I was born in Sligo and now live in York - beautiful also but in a very different way. I love your photos of Sligo - they make me homesick :-)
20:27 PM September 14, 2014
Vals blogs are always as wonderful as her images ....
20:28 PM September 14, 2014
Love magnumlady's Blog. This woman gets round Sligo like no other. Brilliant photo's and reviews of events, restaurants,Community gatherings, festivals, The list is endless. Informative and entertaining blog with exquisite images.
21:06 PM September 14, 2014
This is a fabulous blog for both tourists to the area and those who live here. Full of news about events and wonderful local pictures. I grew up here and I still see something new every week. Makes me want to go back.
21:15 PM September 14, 2014
Thank you for doing such a great job.
22:23 PM September 14, 2014
I love this blog, its fun with some gorgeous photos , really makes me want to visit Co Sligo. I lovecatching up with it every day, Val always makes me smile
00:24 AM September 15, 2014
Really interesting blog and her photography skills are amazing
01:24 AM September 15, 2014
Hi Val, follow you on facebook. Ex-Pat meself living in Mayo, which is right up there with Sligo on the beauty stakes :)
08:05 AM September 15, 2014
i too was born in England ...i absolutely love this country and am trying to do my family tree ...your information and photographs..i often share as i feel that you capture the beauty of Sligo and surrounding areas...i have marked a few places i want to visit ,,by looking at your photo's and the information given ..so thank you for opening my eyes to these places i have been living here for 17 yrs
08:08 AM September 15, 2014
I really enjoy your your blog and photos Val. I follow you on Facebook.