Latest Blog Posts »
- Jono's Journey 5 days ago I’m speechless at the moment, just overwhelmed at the kindness of people. When I started the blog back in 2009 a lot of the posts involved Jono. Jono has had a lot of health problems including kyphosis and scoliosis causing... Continue Reading →
- A Library Full of Stories 6 days ago Yesterday was our end of year play at the ETB drama course I attend. ‘A Library Full of Stories’ was written by us all and was great fun to be part of. I love drama it’s my third year of... Continue Reading →
- Happy National Volunteering Week 2016 1 week ago This week is National Volunteering Week in Ireland. This year the theme is ‘thinking differently about volunteering’. I’ve volunteered for around 10 years now. I really want to highlight how important volunteering is both for the volunteer and the organisations. To speak... Continue Reading...
- Save Sup For All 1 week ago I logged onto Facebook this morning to read the following status from Sup For All: SUPforall regretfully wishes to inform the national and international paddling community and to whom it concerns that we have ceased all SUP and Lake-shore activities... Continue Reading →
- A 'Ferry' Good Day in Doolin 1 week ago Well today was a little bit of magic. I was invited by Doolin Ferry to come along and have a trip to the Aran Islands with them. It was a day of firsts as I’ve never been to Doolin, the... Continue Reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on Magnumlady's Blog
19:36 PM September 14, 2014
Magnumlady's blog is the one I most look forward to. Her updates are mostly funny, sometimes having a wee rant, and generally a one-woman guide to Sligo and surrounding counties. I've been introduced to all sorts of places and activities. Oh to have the energy and time to keep up with you Val. You're an amazing lady.
20:04 PM September 14, 2014
Love the informative information that is always available on this Blog .
20:12 PM September 14, 2014
Lucky you living in beautiful Sligo - I was born in Sligo and now live in York - beautiful also but in a very different way. I love your photos of Sligo - they make me homesick :-)
20:27 PM September 14, 2014
Vals blogs are always as wonderful as her images ....
20:28 PM September 14, 2014
Love magnumlady's Blog. This woman gets round Sligo like no other. Brilliant photo's and reviews of events, restaurants,Community gatherings, festivals, The list is endless. Informative and entertaining blog with exquisite images.
21:06 PM September 14, 2014
This is a fabulous blog for both tourists to the area and those who live here. Full of news about events and wonderful local pictures. I grew up here and I still see something new every week. Makes me want to go back.
21:15 PM September 14, 2014
Thank you for doing such a great job.
22:23 PM September 14, 2014
I love this blog, its fun with some gorgeous photos , really makes me want to visit Co Sligo. I lovecatching up with it every day, Val always makes me smile
00:24 AM September 15, 2014
Really interesting blog and her photography skills are amazing
01:24 AM September 15, 2014
Hi Val, follow you on facebook. Ex-Pat meself living in Mayo, which is right up there with Sligo on the beauty stakes :)
08:05 AM September 15, 2014
i too was born in England ...i absolutely love this country and am trying to do my family tree ...your information and photographs..i often share as i feel that you capture the beauty of Sligo and surrounding areas...i have marked a few places i want to visit ,,by looking at your photo's and the information given ..so thank you for opening my eyes to these places i have been living here for 17 yrs
08:08 AM September 15, 2014
I really enjoy your your blog and photos Val. I follow you on Facebook.