Latest Blog Posts »
- The Merry Summer Berries Tour 1 day ago On Friday night I was delighted to be invited along to the Sligo Tasting Tour – Merry Summer Berries evening. We were just told to meet in The Blind Tiger and expect to have a fun night of food and trip. I was anxious (nothing new there) but after a couple of sprays of rescue … Continue reading...
- A possible breakthrough 2 days ago If you have been reading the blog regularly you’ll know I have been having a bit of a rough time with anxiety and depression. I got a phonecall yesterday that might make things better. Back when I first saw Siobhan O’Farrell Nutriation at the beginning of the year she was concerned about how...
- Glorious Goodies at Glencar teaShed 4 days ago Lucy and I were delighted to go along to lovely Leitrim today to try out the Afternoon Tea at Glencar teaSHED. I’m sure you all know by now that I’m a big fan of cake and as I’ve been on a healthy eating kick I haven’t had any in ages so today was such a … Continue reading Glorious...
- Pencils and Pedals 5 days ago Saturday, although it was a day of rushing and racing, was a really lovely day. Firstly I went to a drawing lesson. Kiera O’Toole, who is a very talented artist, invited me along to try my hand at drawing. To be honest I can just about draw the curtains so I was dubious. Kiera is … Continue...
- The NCT 1 week ago Gilbert the car had the NCT (national car test today). I wrote this while I was waiting. The small room of doom, Stuffy and cramped. I say silent prayers to the angel of automobiles if there’s such a thing. My heart thumps, hands shake as I try to concentrate on my book. I’m too early, …...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on Magnumlady's Blog
19:36 PM September 14, 2014
Magnumlady's blog is the one I most look forward to. Her updates are mostly funny, sometimes having a wee rant, and generally a one-woman guide to Sligo and surrounding counties. I've been introduced to all sorts of places and activities. Oh to have the energy and time to keep up with you Val. You're an amazing lady.
20:04 PM September 14, 2014
Love the informative information that is always available on this Blog .
20:12 PM September 14, 2014
Lucky you living in beautiful Sligo - I was born in Sligo and now live in York - beautiful also but in a very different way. I love your photos of Sligo - they make me homesick :-)
20:27 PM September 14, 2014
Vals blogs are always as wonderful as her images ....
20:28 PM September 14, 2014
Love magnumlady's Blog. This woman gets round Sligo like no other. Brilliant photo's and reviews of events, restaurants,Community gatherings, festivals, The list is endless. Informative and entertaining blog with exquisite images.
21:06 PM September 14, 2014
This is a fabulous blog for both tourists to the area and those who live here. Full of news about events and wonderful local pictures. I grew up here and I still see something new every week. Makes me want to go back.
21:15 PM September 14, 2014
Thank you for doing such a great job.
22:23 PM September 14, 2014
I love this blog, its fun with some gorgeous photos , really makes me want to visit Co Sligo. I lovecatching up with it every day, Val always makes me smile
00:24 AM September 15, 2014
Really interesting blog and her photography skills are amazing
01:24 AM September 15, 2014
Hi Val, follow you on facebook. Ex-Pat meself living in Mayo, which is right up there with Sligo on the beauty stakes :)
08:05 AM September 15, 2014
i too was born in England ...i absolutely love this country and am trying to do my family tree ...your information and photographs..i often share as i feel that you capture the beauty of Sligo and surrounding areas...i have marked a few places i want to visit ,,by looking at your photo's and the information given ..so thank you for opening my eyes to these places i have been living here for 17 yrs
08:08 AM September 15, 2014
I really enjoy your your blog and photos Val. I follow you on Facebook.