Latest Blog Posts »
- Winning! 21 hours ago I was walking through town today and got chatting to someone who asked if I’d won something. I haven’t – for a change, and when I asked why she said I look like I’ve won something. It got me thinking for the rest of the day and I’ve decided I have won something. I’ve won … Continue...
- Lovely lunch at The Glasshouse 1 day ago The Glasshouse Hotel were very kind to send me a voucher for Christmas. I went along with Jono and Lucy for lunch on Friday. It gave me an excuse to put my glad rags on including my lovely RTE red shoes and of course I celebrated my birthday…again! I’ve lost count of how many times … Continue...
- Bleeper Bikes have arrived in Sligo 2 days ago I’m very excited about this idea – so excited that I seem to be telling everyone I meet about it. Basically it’s Ireland’s first bike sharing scheme, bikes are located around the town, you download the app – scan the code on the bike and cycle away. There are three different options; pay...
- Alive again 3 days ago Strange title for a blog post I know but I was driving along with Jono and Lucy the other day and Coldplay – Adventure of a Lifetime came on the radio. Listening to it got me thinking – I am alive again. I spent so much of last year feeling dead inside that it’s a … Continue reading Alive...
- Colcannon Potato Cakes 3 days ago Given the day that’s in it I thought I’d better make something Irish. This is a really quick and easy recipe and tasted fab too so here you go: 500g baby potatoes 50g Chopped Green cabbage Half a red onion – chopped 50g butter Salt to taste Mature cheddar cheese (optional) Firstly boil the...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on Magnumlady's Blog
19:36 PM September 14, 2014
Magnumlady's blog is the one I most look forward to. Her updates are mostly funny, sometimes having a wee rant, and generally a one-woman guide to Sligo and surrounding counties. I've been introduced to all sorts of places and activities. Oh to have the energy and time to keep up with you Val. You're an amazing lady.
20:04 PM September 14, 2014
Love the informative information that is always available on this Blog .
20:12 PM September 14, 2014
Lucky you living in beautiful Sligo - I was born in Sligo and now live in York - beautiful also but in a very different way. I love your photos of Sligo - they make me homesick :-)
20:27 PM September 14, 2014
Vals blogs are always as wonderful as her images ....
20:28 PM September 14, 2014
Love magnumlady's Blog. This woman gets round Sligo like no other. Brilliant photo's and reviews of events, restaurants,Community gatherings, festivals, The list is endless. Informative and entertaining blog with exquisite images.
21:06 PM September 14, 2014
This is a fabulous blog for both tourists to the area and those who live here. Full of news about events and wonderful local pictures. I grew up here and I still see something new every week. Makes me want to go back.
21:15 PM September 14, 2014
Thank you for doing such a great job.
22:23 PM September 14, 2014
I love this blog, its fun with some gorgeous photos , really makes me want to visit Co Sligo. I lovecatching up with it every day, Val always makes me smile
00:24 AM September 15, 2014
Really interesting blog and her photography skills are amazing
01:24 AM September 15, 2014
Hi Val, follow you on facebook. Ex-Pat meself living in Mayo, which is right up there with Sligo on the beauty stakes :)
08:05 AM September 15, 2014
i too was born in England ...i absolutely love this country and am trying to do my family tree ...your information and photographs..i often share as i feel that you capture the beauty of Sligo and surrounding areas...i have marked a few places i want to visit ,,by looking at your photo's and the information given ..so thank you for opening my eyes to these places i have been living here for 17 yrs
08:08 AM September 15, 2014
I really enjoy your your blog and photos Val. I follow you on Facebook.