Latest Blog Posts »
- Bricks and Jazz in Derry 1 day ago Today Jono and I went to Derry to see the Brick Wonders exhibition at the Nerve Centre in Derry. It’s a Lego exhibition and had been running since February. I did think it would be a bigger exhibition than it... Continue Reading →
- What else we did on our Cloonacool holiday 6 days ago That sounds a bit like a Famous Five book title or possibly a film – I know what you did last summer
- A warm welcome in Cloonacool 1 week ago Well what can I say? I’m just back from a really relaxing break at the Moy River Bed and Breakfast in Cloonacool, Co. Sligo. Cloonacool in Irish means ‘the meadow at the back.’ Regular readers will know I have a huge... Continue Reading →
- Troll Wood 1 week ago A new thing for me a ‘vlog’ and a blog! I did feel a bit of an eejit filming this but I thought I’d give it a try anyway and see how it goes. Mind you I felt even more of... Continue Reading →
- It's a kind of magic 1 week ago ‘The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper.’ WB Yeats The sun was shining so the camera got an outing down by the river in Coolaney, Sligo. The insects remind me of fairies... Continue Reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 12 reviews on Magnumlady's Blog
19:36 PM September 14, 2014
Magnumlady's blog is the one I most look forward to. Her updates are mostly funny, sometimes having a wee rant, and generally a one-woman guide to Sligo and surrounding counties. I've been introduced to all sorts of places and activities. Oh to have the energy and time to keep up with you Val. You're an amazing lady.
20:04 PM September 14, 2014
Love the informative information that is always available on this Blog .
20:12 PM September 14, 2014
Lucky you living in beautiful Sligo - I was born in Sligo and now live in York - beautiful also but in a very different way. I love your photos of Sligo - they make me homesick :-)
20:27 PM September 14, 2014
Vals blogs are always as wonderful as her images ....
20:28 PM September 14, 2014
Love magnumlady's Blog. This woman gets round Sligo like no other. Brilliant photo's and reviews of events, restaurants,Community gatherings, festivals, The list is endless. Informative and entertaining blog with exquisite images.
21:06 PM September 14, 2014
This is a fabulous blog for both tourists to the area and those who live here. Full of news about events and wonderful local pictures. I grew up here and I still see something new every week. Makes me want to go back.
21:15 PM September 14, 2014
Thank you for doing such a great job.
22:23 PM September 14, 2014
I love this blog, its fun with some gorgeous photos , really makes me want to visit Co Sligo. I lovecatching up with it every day, Val always makes me smile
00:24 AM September 15, 2014
Really interesting blog and her photography skills are amazing
01:24 AM September 15, 2014
Hi Val, follow you on facebook. Ex-Pat meself living in Mayo, which is right up there with Sligo on the beauty stakes :)
08:05 AM September 15, 2014
i too was born in England ...i absolutely love this country and am trying to do my family tree ...your information and photographs..i often share as i feel that you capture the beauty of Sligo and surrounding areas...i have marked a few places i want to visit ,,by looking at your photo's and the information given ..so thank you for opening my eyes to these places i have been living here for 17 yrs
08:08 AM September 15, 2014
I really enjoy your your blog and photos Val. I follow you on Facebook.