Latest Blog Posts »
- Coati 4 weeks ago While Dan was hiking through Rincon de la Vieja National Park, he found this Coati (sometimes called Cotamundi) but known as Pizote in Costa Rica. They’re cute but vicious and quite aggressive beggars. In the second part, you can see that he’s walking among the steam vents in the thermal...
- Usted es muy perisoso 1 month ago That’s what my sister used to say to my brother when they were both in high school – it means “lazy” in Spanish. But now I know it also means Sloth. With his video camera, Dan found a pair in the woods near Tenorio Volcano. Tenorio is another great National Park where you can see...
- Leaf Cutter Ants 1 month ago My friend, Dan, took a bunch of videos while he was hiking through the forests of Costa Rica. Better than I’ve ever captured. Here are the leaf cutter ants, just trying to make a living.
- Horseback Riding in Samara 1 month ago I’ve got friends in town this week, which is always a good excuse to do fun stuff I forget to do on my own. After snorkeling – sorry, no pictures – and seeing the Scarlet Macaws, we went horseback riding. We drove about 5 kliks west of Samara to Horse Jungle and Audrey. Our gracious …Read...
- Scarlet Macaws Costa Rica 1 month ago One of my favorite things to do when family and guests visit us here in Playa Samara, Costa Rica is to head down the beach about 10 kliks to visit the big birds. The Ara Project is a breeding center for Great Green Macaws and Scarlet Macaws, both of which used to live all over Costa …Read More
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Sandy-Shorts has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!