Latest Blog Posts »
- The frog did it 1 week ago You know you live in Costa Rica when you’re awakened in the pre-dawn by glass crashing to the floor and upon inspection you find that a fist-sized frog has been kicking delicates off the shelf. In the spirit of truth in reporting, I must disclose that it wasn’t my house and it was a beer...
- Ancient petroglyphs? 2 weeks ago Winter storms – winter is June through October in Costa Rica – have scoured Carrillo beach to expose this carving. Probably an homage to the cacique (chief). Or Mom. yesterday was Costa Rican Mothers’ Day.
- Got weather? 3 weeks ago So, yesterday afternoon, when I arrived home, I witnessed the unusual even of a Howler Monkey on the ground. Today, there were three males – that’s unusual in itself, I think – traversing the pavement in front of my gate near Samara, Costa Rica. Two climbed the fence, leaped the tree, and...
- on a post 3 weeks ago A rare sight in Samara – a monkey on the ground. As we stopped to open the gate, he climbed up onto our gate post. As he scrambled away on a phone line, we saw a bit of a limp. he must have fallen because it’s very rare to see Howler Monkeys on the ground.
- They're just trying to make a living 2 months ago Yesterday morning, when I returned from my beach walk, I sat down to enjoy a second cup of copy. In the few minutes I sat on a stool at the kitchen counter, the house was invaded by “cleaner ants”. When I put my foot down, I found the floor black with trails of pincer-bearing insects. …Read...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Sandy-Shorts has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!