Bright lights, little city
Latest Blog Posts »
- The Grateful Dad 1 week ago You catch me in an optimistic mood. I’m trying an experiment suggested by Mrs LC. It involves taking five minutes to write down three things each day for which you’re grateful. Wash, rinse, repeat once a day for 21 days, and see where you get to. It has, I think, a couple of aims: on […]
- The Overlooked Hotel 2 weeks ago In which I turn up to the wrong hotel for my massage, before facing the most Doha decision of my life As a kid growing up in rural England, ‘Five Star’ meant a terrible Jackson 5-lite pop group, who were only ever famous for being sworn at on live kids’ TV and hotels were places […]
- Costume Drama 3 weeks ago In which my daughter asks me for weapons, my son asks me about drugs and I regret ever teaching them to read Being ‘International’ in both name and nature, my kids’ school has an abundance of options when it comes to choosing a global non-denominational occasion to celebrate. They could join...
- Red Light District 1 month ago In which we run a 5K, and a red light. One cost QR140; the other was slightly more expensive… If this were Sesame Street, this post would be brought to you by the colour red and the number 6,000. In the red corner: traffic lights, t-shirts and embarrassed faces. As for the six thousand, you’ll...
- One Three Five 1 month ago One centimetre. Ten measly little millimetres. It’s not even the width of a finger – but it means the world to a little boy who can’t wait to be bigger Expat life hurtles you from comforting familiarity to the puzzlingly strange and back again, often in the space of the same situation. Take...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Bright lights, little city has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!