Bright lights, little city
Latest Blog Posts »
- Maid to Last 5 days ago Of all the things we’ve done as part of our slow motion exit from Qatar, the one I’m happiest about was finding a new family for our maid T to work for. It provided a fitting end to a part of expat life here which I had been pretty sceptical about to begin with. Helping […]
- Box Frenzy 2 weeks ago I have used blogging as a form of budget therapy ever since I opened the gates to Little City back in 2012. But the past few weeks have proved a step too far, even for me and my ongoing need to order my thoughts into sarcastic little sentences. My blogging mojo has been hit hard, […]
- Safe and Sound 2 months ago It’s milestones all round as our kids leave Qatar for good – and fly on their own for the first time. No prizes for guessing who was more nervous “I’m excited because we’re flying Unaccompanied Minor (UM) for the first time,” Kid A told Mrs LC earlier this week. “But I’m also...
- And Then What? 3 months ago Planning to leave Qatar is like the boss level at the end of a video game, one where your previous battles with red tape and bureaucracy seem like a picnic compared to what lies ahead. Hopefully you’ve learned everything you need to know to prepare you for it. Take, for example, one of the most...
- Out of the Frying Pan 3 months ago Breaking news klaxon: we’re leaving Qatar… Life, so they say, is what happens while you’re busy making other plans. In our case, the plan when we moved to Qatar in 2012 was that, having given up my job back in the UK, I would find a permanent role once I got out here. And although […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Bright lights, little city has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!