Bright lights, little city
Latest Blog Posts »
- Safe and Sound 2 days ago It’s milestones all round as our kids leave Qatar for good – and fly on their own for the first time. No prizes for guessing who was more nervous “I’m excited because we’re flying Unaccompanied Minor (UM) for the first time,” Kid A told Mrs LC earlier this week. “But I’m also...
- And Then What? 2 weeks ago Planning to leave Qatar is like the boss level at the end of a video game, one where your previous battles with red tape and bureaucracy seem like a picnic compared to what lies ahead. Hopefully you’ve learned everything you need to know to prepare you for it. Take, for example, one of the most...
- Out of the Frying Pan 1 month ago Breaking news klaxon: we’re leaving Qatar… Life, so they say, is what happens while you’re busy making other plans. In our case, the plan when we moved to Qatar in 2012 was that, having given up my job back in the UK, I would find a permanent role once I got out here. And although […]
- Frequency Illusion 2 months ago In which you get an audio version of this blog, and I get to recapture my youth. Everyone’s a winner… In our family, we call it a ‘dutcha’. That’s our made up word for the experience of having never heard of something, and then hearing about it twice in quick succession. (I recently...
- X Marks the Spot 2 months ago I passed a new expat milestone this week. I’ve now been away from the UK long enough for there to have been a general election and for the first time ever – at the age of 40-plus-one, as my kids charmingly refer to it – I didn’t vote in it. Worse, the cause of my […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Bright lights, little city has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!