Bright lights, little city
Latest Blog Posts »
- Shawarma Police 2 weeks ago For my 100th post – and the last from the Qatar chapter of our expat story – it seems only appropriate to use as inspiration words from the band I love so much I nicknamed my kids after two of their albums. Every departing blogger will offer up their own variation on Things I’ve Thought […]
- Maid to Last 4 weeks ago Of all the things we’ve done as part of our slow motion exit from Qatar, the one I’m happiest about was finding a new family for our maid T to work for. It provided a fitting end to a part of expat life here which I had been pretty sceptical about to begin with. Helping […]
- Box Frenzy 1 month ago I have used blogging as a form of budget therapy ever since I opened the gates to Little City back in 2012. But the past few weeks have proved a step too far, even for me and my ongoing need to order my thoughts into sarcastic little sentences. My blogging mojo has been hit hard, […]
- Safe and Sound 1 month ago It’s milestones all round as our kids leave Qatar for good – and fly on their own for the first time. No prizes for guessing who was more nervous “I’m excited because we’re flying Unaccompanied Minor (UM) for the first time,” Kid A told Mrs LC earlier this week. “But I’m also...
- And Then What? 2 months ago Planning to leave Qatar is like the boss level at the end of a video game, one where your previous battles with red tape and bureaucracy seem like a picnic compared to what lies ahead. Hopefully you’ve learned everything you need to know to prepare you for it. Take, for example, one of the most...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Bright lights, little city has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!