The Panama Adventure
Latest Blog Posts »
- Beautiful Boquete 1 week ago We have been driving up to Boquete a couple times a week for Joel’s band gigs. It’s almost always a very beautiful drive, and yesterday was especially gorgeous. It had rained in the morning which is unusual, but the sun … Continue reading →
- The Package Arrives in the US from Panama 2 weeks ago On June 6th, I went to the local post office and mailed a small package to my daughter in Seattle. There are details in the post here. On June 29th my daughter got a notice from the post office that … Continue reading →
- Vanilla Pudding 2 weeks ago Yes, it’s green. Do you remember the recipe I shared for chocolate pudding made with avocado? I figured if you could make chocolate pudding or mousse, you could make it with other flavors so I tried vanilla. It’s pretty much … Continue reading →
- Live Like a Panamanian 3 weeks ago When discussing the cost of living in Panama, it is often said that it’s expensive unless you want to “live like a Panamanian”. I got to thinking… what exactly does this mean? So, I posed the question to the busy … Continue reading →
- It Must be Panama When.... 3 weeks ago One day there are cows wandering down the road. Another day it’s a horse in the road You reach for a cooking utensil and find a baby lizard sleeping on one. A tiny but very cool bug visits you on … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- The Top Ten Questions about Living in Panama Expat Blog Awards 2013 Answers to the Top Ten Questions everyone asks about living in Panama1. What is the Cost of living?This topic gets the most traffic on my blog by far. For us, living here is about 1/3 of what it cost us in Florida. Rent / housing is a lot...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Panama Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Panama!Copy and paste code to display the Panama Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on The Panama Adventure
20:19 PM April 22, 2013
Would love it if you have time to really tell us the truth about living in Panama. I'm 64 and my partner is 62 and we're going to be working ourselves into an early death if we can't find an economical way to retire. Boquette sounds like the perfect place for us but we need to talk to real expats living there to be assured of getting the real story. If you wouldn't mind could you send some info about yourselves and how you came to move and live in Panama and if it is really possible for us. I subscribe to IL but all they want to do is sell you stuff. You don't know how wonderful it would make us feed to be able to talk to real expats living there. Thanks.
02:14 AM December 27, 2013
I too am thinking about escaping the day to day life in the States. I am retiring in 100 days and interested in relocating to Panama. I love to fish and explore. Would like to know a couple of things....how does uncle Sam take to sending SS checks to a foreign country??? Does he take any before it leaves his homeland? How difficult is it to obtain partial financing on a home....less than $40k. When you purchase a house do you get a deed to the property? Are boat and car purchases reasonable?
17:34 PM June 01, 2015