The Panama Adventure
Latest Blog Posts »
- Goodie Bags for Los Ramos 20 hours ago Originally posted on Rewired and Retired in Nicaragua:It’s not often that one gets to see immediate results of their donations or knows that all of the money received goes directly to those who need it the most. For $800…
- Unwelcome Guests 20 hours ago It is common knowledge that as a traveller, you can pick up something that will give you a tummy upset. Usually these things are caused by unfamiliar bacteria in the water or on fruits or vegetables. Thankfully the problem usually … Continue reading →
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Refraction 3 days ago Weekly Photo Challenge: Refraction For this photo challenge, show us what “refraction” means to you. It could be an image taken in a reflective surface, it could be light bent from behind an object, or it could mean remedial math … Continue reading →
- Here is what your Ometepe donations have bought! 3 days ago Originally posted on FindingMySelfinPanama:I thought everyone would liked to see just what the money donated to the Ometepe relief has purchased. Deb Goehring posted to Facebook and I cut and pasted her photo and text. She is THRILLED and…
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Dreamy 4 days ago Weekly Photo Challenge: Dreamy This week, we’d like to see an image that looks dreamy to you. A photo of a place you often visit in dreams. A snapshot of your dreamy boy- or girlfriend. A scene that looks a … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- The Top Ten Questions about Living in Panama Expat Blog Awards 2013 Answers to the Top Ten Questions everyone asks about living in Panama1. What is the Cost of living?This topic gets the most traffic on my blog by far. For us, living here is about 1/3 of what it cost us in Florida. Rent / housing is a lot...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Panama Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Panama!Copy and paste code to display the Panama Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on The Panama Adventure
20:19 PM April 22, 2013
Would love it if you have time to really tell us the truth about living in Panama. I'm 64 and my partner is 62 and we're going to be working ourselves into an early death if we can't find an economical way to retire. Boquette sounds like the perfect place for us but we need to talk to real expats living there to be assured of getting the real story. If you wouldn't mind could you send some info about yourselves and how you came to move and live in Panama and if it is really possible for us. I subscribe to IL but all they want to do is sell you stuff. You don't know how wonderful it would make us feed to be able to talk to real expats living there. Thanks.
02:14 AM December 27, 2013
I too am thinking about escaping the day to day life in the States. I am retiring in 100 days and interested in relocating to Panama. I love to fish and explore. Would like to know a couple of things....how does uncle Sam take to sending SS checks to a foreign country??? Does he take any before it leaves his homeland? How difficult is it to obtain partial financing on a home....less than $40k. When you purchase a house do you get a deed to the property? Are boat and car purchases reasonable?