The Panama Adventure
Latest Blog Posts »
- Plantains 3 hours ago A friend gave me a couple pups, or hijos (sons in Spanish) of plantains, or plátanos. One got taken out when the guaba tree fell down last year, but the roots put up two pups that are thriving so all … Continue reading →
- Little Bugs 1 day ago I should be writing about the Panama Canal. They have been working for years on the expansion project, building new locks, deepening and widening the route, and getting ready for the huge Panamax ships. Sunday June 26th was the opening … Continue reading →
- Deal on Boquete Tree Trek 3 days ago An Ofertasimple deal came through today for Boquete Tree Trek, $78 a night with breakfast and either a coffee tour or a zip line. Click the link HERE. We have been there and it’s a beautiful place. People say it’s an … Continue reading →
- Tips for Renting in Panama 3 days ago I happened across this article on renting in Panama – Tips for Renting in Panama. I can’t seem to reblog or repost it here so you’ll have to click on the link. I think the article is accurate and well … Continue reading →
- The Joy of Books 5 days ago I recently came across an article in Brain Pickings about books. In the words of Herman Hesse “Among the many worlds that man did not receive as a gift from nature but created out of his own mind, the world … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- The Top Ten Questions about Living in Panama Expat Blog Awards 2013 Answers to the Top Ten Questions everyone asks about living in Panama1. What is the Cost of living?This topic gets the most traffic on my blog by far. For us, living here is about 1/3 of what it cost us in Florida. Rent / housing is a lot...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Panama Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Panama!Copy and paste code to display the Panama Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on The Panama Adventure
20:19 PM April 22, 2013
Would love it if you have time to really tell us the truth about living in Panama. I'm 64 and my partner is 62 and we're going to be working ourselves into an early death if we can't find an economical way to retire. Boquette sounds like the perfect place for us but we need to talk to real expats living there to be assured of getting the real story. If you wouldn't mind could you send some info about yourselves and how you came to move and live in Panama and if it is really possible for us. I subscribe to IL but all they want to do is sell you stuff. You don't know how wonderful it would make us feed to be able to talk to real expats living there. Thanks.
02:14 AM December 27, 2013
I too am thinking about escaping the day to day life in the States. I am retiring in 100 days and interested in relocating to Panama. I love to fish and explore. Would like to know a couple of things....how does uncle Sam take to sending SS checks to a foreign country??? Does he take any before it leaves his homeland? How difficult is it to obtain partial financing on a home....less than $40k. When you purchase a house do you get a deed to the property? Are boat and car purchases reasonable?
17:34 PM June 01, 2015