The Panama Adventure
Latest Blog Posts »
- Where Should I Live? 9 hours ago “I’ve heard that Panama is great so I’m moving there. Where should I live?” People ask this question in one form or another quite often. There is no answer that will fit everyone. Panama is a small country but very … Continue reading →
- Connection 1 day ago What do we need as human beings to survive? food, shelter, reproduction, connection. We are social beings. Babies literally die without human touch and connection. Adults don’t do well either, mentally or physically, without human connection. I saw this video … Continue reading →
- WiFi at the Bus Stops in Panama City 5 days ago I saw a bit of news about this in my favorite Facebook group (Expats in Panama). There are bus stops now in Panama City with free WiFi. How cool is that! This basically says on Monday, they started “Smart City” … Continue reading →
- A little Clarity in the Confusion about Visas 6 days ago Panama immigration issued a decree a week ago that resulted in a lot of confusion. I posted about it here. It said quite clearly that tourists will now have visas for 90 days, instead of the previous 180 days and … Continue reading →
- Confusion 1 week ago This is not an unknown state for me, especially living in another country and culture, and especially as disorganized as I can be at times. Recently I posted about the decree decreasing tourist visas from 180 to 90 days. This … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- The Top Ten Questions about Living in Panama Expat Blog Awards 2013 Answers to the Top Ten Questions everyone asks about living in Panama1. What is the Cost of living?This topic gets the most traffic on my blog by far. For us, living here is about 1/3 of what it cost us in Florida. Rent / housing is a lot...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Panama Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Panama!Copy and paste code to display the Panama Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on The Panama Adventure
20:19 PM April 22, 2013
Would love it if you have time to really tell us the truth about living in Panama. I'm 64 and my partner is 62 and we're going to be working ourselves into an early death if we can't find an economical way to retire. Boquette sounds like the perfect place for us but we need to talk to real expats living there to be assured of getting the real story. If you wouldn't mind could you send some info about yourselves and how you came to move and live in Panama and if it is really possible for us. I subscribe to IL but all they want to do is sell you stuff. You don't know how wonderful it would make us feed to be able to talk to real expats living there. Thanks.
02:14 AM December 27, 2013
I too am thinking about escaping the day to day life in the States. I am retiring in 100 days and interested in relocating to Panama. I love to fish and explore. Would like to know a couple of things....how does uncle Sam take to sending SS checks to a foreign country??? Does he take any before it leaves his homeland? How difficult is it to obtain partial financing on a home....less than $40k. When you purchase a house do you get a deed to the property? Are boat and car purchases reasonable?
17:34 PM June 01, 2015