The Panama Adventure
Latest Blog Posts »
- The River, Revisited 3 days ago The river behind our neighborhood is one of my favorite places, but sometimes I don’t go there as often as I should. That’s the nice thing about house guests. As you show them interesting things you get to visit your … Continue reading →
- Cyclists and Warmshowers 3 days ago Warmshowers.org is a website that helps people traveling on bicycles connect with people willing to give them a place to sleep and a warm shower (and other amenities that you are able to provide like a kitchen or washing machine). … Continue reading →
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Express Yourself 3 days ago Children are so expressive. They wear their emotions on their faces, and when they are delighted it is impossible not to smile. My grandson loves bubbles, and he was playing outdoors with his dad one afternoon. xx This is the WordPress … Continue reading →
- Traveling Back to the USA 4 days ago We’ve been here over two years now, and it’s interesting the different thoughts that come to mind when I return to the USA. It’s the same trip back to the same country, but different things seem to strike me as … Continue reading →
- An Outing With the Grandson 1 week ago We went to Spring Lake (Santa Rosa) for a walk and some scenery suitable for this week’s photo challenge, and of course I couldn’t resist pointing the camera at my grandson as well. It has been a beautiful day and … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- The Top Ten Questions about Living in Panama Expat Blog Awards 2013 Answers to the Top Ten Questions everyone asks about living in Panama1. What is the Cost of living?This topic gets the most traffic on my blog by far. For us, living here is about 1/3 of what it cost us in Florida. Rent / housing is a lot...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Panama Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Panama!Copy and paste code to display the Panama Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on The Panama Adventure
20:19 PM April 22, 2013
Would love it if you have time to really tell us the truth about living in Panama. I'm 64 and my partner is 62 and we're going to be working ourselves into an early death if we can't find an economical way to retire. Boquette sounds like the perfect place for us but we need to talk to real expats living there to be assured of getting the real story. If you wouldn't mind could you send some info about yourselves and how you came to move and live in Panama and if it is really possible for us. I subscribe to IL but all they want to do is sell you stuff. You don't know how wonderful it would make us feed to be able to talk to real expats living there. Thanks.
02:14 AM December 27, 2013
I too am thinking about escaping the day to day life in the States. I am retiring in 100 days and interested in relocating to Panama. I love to fish and explore. Would like to know a couple of things....how does uncle Sam take to sending SS checks to a foreign country??? Does he take any before it leaves his homeland? How difficult is it to obtain partial financing on a home....less than $40k. When you purchase a house do you get a deed to the property? Are boat and car purchases reasonable?