The Panama Adventure
Latest Blog Posts »
- Construction and Mighty Machines 14 hours ago I was gone for almost two months and when I returned to Panama, I saw a lot of things that had changed. David seems to be in a constant state of construction and there is something going on anywhere you … Continue reading →
- Just a Bug 19 hours ago My grandson and I had so much fun hunting for lady bugs and other interesting things in the yard. This is the closest thing to a lady bug that I’ve seen here in Panama. So, Camden, here you go, your … Continue reading →
- Walking Tours of Panama City 22 hours ago This landed in my mailbox this morning. I don’t know how to reblog it so I’ll just tell you about it here. I know some of my readers are planning to visit Panama and this sounds like a really cool … Continue reading →
- Instant Translation?! 2 days ago This looks amazing, almost too good to be true. These little devices fit in your ears and translate what is being said to you instantly. They are controlled by an app on your phone. It’s The Pilot system from Waverly … Continue reading →
- Cynicism and Resignation 2 days ago I saw an article on Brain Pickings today that really struck a chord in me. It has nothing to do with Panama, except I hope as expats and ambassadors from our home countries we all come here with a mind … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- The Top Ten Questions about Living in Panama Expat Blog Awards 2013 Answers to the Top Ten Questions everyone asks about living in Panama1. What is the Cost of living?This topic gets the most traffic on my blog by far. For us, living here is about 1/3 of what it cost us in Florida. Rent / housing is a lot...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Panama Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Panama!Copy and paste code to display the Panama Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on The Panama Adventure
20:19 PM April 22, 2013
Would love it if you have time to really tell us the truth about living in Panama. I'm 64 and my partner is 62 and we're going to be working ourselves into an early death if we can't find an economical way to retire. Boquette sounds like the perfect place for us but we need to talk to real expats living there to be assured of getting the real story. If you wouldn't mind could you send some info about yourselves and how you came to move and live in Panama and if it is really possible for us. I subscribe to IL but all they want to do is sell you stuff. You don't know how wonderful it would make us feed to be able to talk to real expats living there. Thanks.
02:14 AM December 27, 2013
I too am thinking about escaping the day to day life in the States. I am retiring in 100 days and interested in relocating to Panama. I love to fish and explore. Would like to know a couple of things....how does uncle Sam take to sending SS checks to a foreign country??? Does he take any before it leaves his homeland? How difficult is it to obtain partial financing on a home....less than $40k. When you purchase a house do you get a deed to the property? Are boat and car purchases reasonable?
17:34 PM June 01, 2015