The Panama Adventure
Latest Blog Posts »
- What blog? 1 week ago I have a blog? Oh right, yes I do but you wouldn’t know it by the long time I have been ignoring it. I have been in the US first with my California daughter and family, and now in Seattle … Continue reading →
- A Good Deal on Seagull Cove Lodge 3 weeks ago Boca Chica is my favorite place on the water in Chiriqui, and Seagull Cove Lodge is my favorite resort in Boca Chica. Today the Ofertasimple folks came out with a deal I had to share with you all....
- Flowers and Miscellaneous Things 3 weeks ago Remember the pretty trees I’ve been seeing around town? I stopped by one for a closer look a while back. I think it is a Crepe Myrtle. The flowers look right, though the leaves look a bit different than what … Continue reading →
- Super Spanish Teacher! 4 weeks ago Yaira, my Spanish teacher and good friend has been teaching privately for over a year now. I studied with her for 6 months before I arrived in Panama, and she helped me SO much! She is patient, kind, professional, capable, and … Continue reading →
- More on Health Care in Panama 1 month ago One of my good blog friends shared a link to a post written by Larry Mathews HERE. Larry had COPD and lived in David for quite a few years, but eventually went back to the USA for more medical care. … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- The Top Ten Questions about Living in Panama Expat Blog Awards 2013 Answers to the Top Ten Questions everyone asks about living in Panama1. What is the Cost of living?This topic gets the most traffic on my blog by far. For us, living here is about 1/3 of what it cost us in Florida. Rent / housing is a lot...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Panama Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Panama!Copy and paste code to display the Panama Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on The Panama Adventure
20:19 PM April 22, 2013
Would love it if you have time to really tell us the truth about living in Panama. I'm 64 and my partner is 62 and we're going to be working ourselves into an early death if we can't find an economical way to retire. Boquette sounds like the perfect place for us but we need to talk to real expats living there to be assured of getting the real story. If you wouldn't mind could you send some info about yourselves and how you came to move and live in Panama and if it is really possible for us. I subscribe to IL but all they want to do is sell you stuff. You don't know how wonderful it would make us feed to be able to talk to real expats living there. Thanks.
02:14 AM December 27, 2013
I too am thinking about escaping the day to day life in the States. I am retiring in 100 days and interested in relocating to Panama. I love to fish and explore. Would like to know a couple of things....how does uncle Sam take to sending SS checks to a foreign country??? Does he take any before it leaves his homeland? How difficult is it to obtain partial financing on a home....less than $40k. When you purchase a house do you get a deed to the property? Are boat and car purchases reasonable?
17:34 PM June 01, 2015