The Panama Adventure
Latest Blog Posts »
- This and That 1 day ago Life goes on, I keep my camera handy, and after a while I have a collection of miscellaneous things that caught my eye. There is a ball stadium not far from us, and it has been undergoing a big overhaul … Continue reading →
- Spiders and Critters 2 days ago There are pictures of spiders coming. You have been warned
- Dogs at the Swimming Hole 1 week ago Our friends invited us to go to a swimming hole, along with their dogs and some other friends and their dogs, so I think altogether we ended up with eight people and probably as many dogs. It was a very … Continue reading →
- Your Panama Home, Rent or Buy? 1 week ago This question come up quite a bit. I’m am no expert on anything but I thought I’d share a few thoughts. The advice that you will hear from everyone who isn’t trying to sell you something – live in your … Continue reading →
- The Birdbath 1 week ago I keep a container of water in the back yard for the birds, and it gets used quite a bit. Some come just to drink, and other come to also bathe. I have also seen iguanas and possums enjoying the … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- The Top Ten Questions about Living in Panama Expat Blog Awards 2013 Answers to the Top Ten Questions everyone asks about living in Panama1. What is the Cost of living?This topic gets the most traffic on my blog by far. For us, living here is about 1/3 of what it cost us in Florida. Rent / housing is a lot...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Panama Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Panama!Copy and paste code to display the Panama Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on The Panama Adventure
20:19 PM April 22, 2013
Would love it if you have time to really tell us the truth about living in Panama. I'm 64 and my partner is 62 and we're going to be working ourselves into an early death if we can't find an economical way to retire. Boquette sounds like the perfect place for us but we need to talk to real expats living there to be assured of getting the real story. If you wouldn't mind could you send some info about yourselves and how you came to move and live in Panama and if it is really possible for us. I subscribe to IL but all they want to do is sell you stuff. You don't know how wonderful it would make us feed to be able to talk to real expats living there. Thanks.
02:14 AM December 27, 2013
I too am thinking about escaping the day to day life in the States. I am retiring in 100 days and interested in relocating to Panama. I love to fish and explore. Would like to know a couple of things....how does uncle Sam take to sending SS checks to a foreign country??? Does he take any before it leaves his homeland? How difficult is it to obtain partial financing on a home....less than $40k. When you purchase a house do you get a deed to the property? Are boat and car purchases reasonable?
17:34 PM June 01, 2015