Sage & Simple
Latest Blog Posts »
- we're off to hamburg! 1 week ago Robert and I are off for a long weekend in Hamburg to visit the Christmas markets! I'll finally get to hear him speak German :-)Now I'll leave you with this beautiful snowy picture of Berlin Cathedral from my first European Christmas back in 2009...Wasn't the light lovely?
- our top 5 recipes 2 weeks ago I'm finally recovered from cooking Thanksgiving dinner in the teeny tiny kitchen built by people who hate to cook for people who hate to cook and I'd like to talk about food, on a practical level.My daily commute without traffic is an hour and quarter each way. The Oik is with us five days out of...
- easy pesto with almonds 3 weeks ago In our travels, Robert and I often skip restaurants in favor of a more intimate option... picnics! I've written quite a bit about the limited offerings of Danish grocery stores, so it's a treat to browse the aisles of a well stocked supermarket or delicatessen when we're abroad.One of my favorite...
- my favorite english sandwich 3 weeks ago Sometimes I find something so basic and so obvious that I wonder why it hadn't occurred to me sooner. I love sandwiches. I think America does great sandwiches... hello, (veg-friendly) barbeque riblets, cheesesteaks, pulled pork, and reubens!But England does great sandwiches in a different way....
- cambridge 2 months ago My guys and I were just in England for a belated wedding celebration with our English family. Robert and I had a fabulous party, but we also got to spend a few quiet days alone with his (our?) parents. I tried my first ever (Quorn) Scotch egg, my mother in law baked her first ever pumpkin pie,...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Denmark Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Denmark!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 24 reviews on Sage & Simple
17:52 PM December 10, 2012
Sage has the best vegetarian recipes and I love her stories about not being able to find this or that and how she manages to get past it. Plus she's funny and has nice photos. I like that her blog is about life and not just about living in Denmark.
18:04 PM December 10, 2012
I really enjoy reading this blog for all the upcycling stories and delicious recipes.
18:52 PM December 10, 2012
I love the photography and stories. I also love the recipes with photos. The photos are just awesome!
18:59 PM December 10, 2012
Sage has an interesting blog with beautiful photos and tempting recipes!
19:23 PM December 10, 2012
I like reading Sage's blog for the delicious vegetarian recipes that even omnivores love to eat. Her travel stories are always interesting and personal. I love her vintage decor and clothing esthetic,that she adds her own Sagish twist on. Beyond content, it is a beautiful blog to look at in terms of photography, graphics, layout and design. Lastly but certainly not least; OPIE, OPIE, OPIE....I adore him.
20:07 PM December 10, 2012
Sage offers us a chance to enjoy life in Europe, a first hand perspective on the joys and trials of moving overseas, and the beauty of the Continent.
20:22 PM December 10, 2012
Always interesting. I love the pics of her redecorating, hearing about her adventures, and of course her cat Opie!
01:53 AM December 11, 2012
Love her site
02:23 AM December 11, 2012
Sage is such an inspiration in how she picked up and moved to a whole different country and well Opie, he is just adorable!!! I love this blog!
03:50 AM December 11, 2012
Love reading how she tries to adjust recipes that she once made with great ease in the US but now with limited resources abroad.
07:54 AM December 11, 2012
A great ongoing story of an adventurous woman and her cat! I love her. I love the cat. I love her travel photos, recipes, and wit. I love that for once, it isn't a family blog! It's nice to have a peek into the lives of people who have made different choices than most.
12:44 PM December 11, 2012
I have been following this blog for a long time now and Sage is always refreshing and full of excellent advice on home decorating, thrift and cooking. I love her descriptions of life as an expat and of her travels. She deserves to win this award.
13:45 PM December 11, 2012
This incredible blog has fantastic, interesting stories and great writing and photography, along with a nice cat! What more could any blog possibly offer!?
22:04 PM December 11, 2012
I just found this blog a couple weeks ago, so I'm still getting used to it and reading some previous posts... She's got a great voice and I love reading about expats living in other countries... and the cat is adorable..
11:08 AM December 12, 2012
Love the stories told with passion and emphasized with great photography :)
11:52 AM December 12, 2012
Love Sage and Simple. The recipes are wonderful, the photos beautiful and I love traveling to far off places through Sage's writing.
12:18 PM December 12, 2012
it's a really nice blog with great photos, design ideas, and (most importantly) FOOD. i also live in denmark and it's nice to get another perspective on life here. (:
07:31 AM December 13, 2012
I came across Sage's blog a while back and always found it interesting, as I am married to a Dane and knew we might some day spend some time in Denmark. Indeed, 5 months ago we packed up our lives in sunny San Diego and moved to Denmark, and I've enjoyed her perspective on life here even more now that I can relate on many levels.
18:59 PM December 13, 2012
Lovely photos and charming stories!
21:20 PM December 14, 2012
I love the stories and perspectives that Sage shares and I always love seeing when a new post is available. I also really LOVE her photos. I'm living vicariously through her!
21:41 PM December 14, 2012
I love reading about Sage's life experiences in Denmark. It's great to vicariously visit Denmark and Europe through Sage's blog.
00:51 AM December 15, 2012
Sage is practically my travel advisor! She writes beautifully and takes wonderful pictures!
14:03 PM December 15, 2012
It is good to read that she is doing well. Traveling and creating her very own vegetarian recipes. The photos of her travels are sometimes breathtaking. Her struggle to survive in Denmark is admirable. MERRY CHRISTMAS SAGE
01:05 AM December 18, 2012
I love reading Sage's Blog, she always shares her knowledge and advice. I greatly appreciate her sensible, money saving tips, recipes, ideas, travel stories, and beautiful photographs. It is wonderful to read about the adventures of Sage and Opie (the cat). Thanks so much for a well written and entertaining Blog!