Latest Blog Posts »
- Spring Flower Festival at Tao Dan Park 2 months ago One of my favorite things to do during Tet is to visit the Spring Flower Festival at Tao Dan Park in central Ho Chi Minh City. This is the third year we’ve stayed in town during Tet. I actually really like it because the weather is cool, the city is less busy, and the, Read More
- Happy First Birthday Arianne! 2 months ago We had a lot of fun preparing for and celebrating Arianne’s first birthday! Because Arianne’s birthday falls during the Tet holidays, I decided just to have a small, simple party at the house. Gabriel gave me a long list of HIS friends that he wanted to invite, but I showed him on Facebook...
- Lunar New Year in Vietnam 2 months ago Today our school celebrated the lunar new year. As this is our third Tet in Vietnam, it’s become a fun tradition for Gabriel to dress up in traditional Vietnamese clothes. He outgrew his bright blue ao dai that he had for his first Tet, so I got him a new one in dark blue, Read More
- Ta Prohm Temple Visit in Cambodia 3 months ago My mom and I just spent 6 days in Siem Reap, Cambodia. One of the temples we visited was Ta Prohm; we almost skipped it because we had already had a long, hot morning at Angkor Wat, but I’m glad we made it. Ta Prohm is one of the “big 3″ temple visits, along, Read More
- Random Grouping Tools for Teachers 4 months ago This year I’ve introduced some different random grouping tools to my English Language Arts classes. I alternate between assigned grouping and random grouping, depending on what activities students are doing. I found it was getting old to always have them counting off, so here are some successful...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Expat Heather
06:52 AM November 08, 2013
A helpful, concise, well thought out blog. Peppered with humour and humanity. Thoroughly enjoyed browsing it.