Latest Blog Posts »
- Nana's Visit to Vietnam 2 months ago This is my 5th year teaching overseas, and for the first time a family member came to visit! I knew in the back of my mind that if grandbaby #2 would be born in Vietnam that might entice my mom to endure the 30+ hours of travel. She arrived 5 days before Arianne’s c-section was [...]
- Newborn Photos in Ho Chi Minh City 1 month ago On Saturday we did a three-hour newborn and family photo session with Michelle Seltzer from Green Gate Photography. Michelle was well-prepared with a big box of cute baby accessories, blankets and swaddle cloths of different colors and textures, and a comfortable setup on a bean bag for baby to...
- Welcome Baby Arianne! 3 months ago Name: Arianne Elisabeth Weight: 7.04 lbs Length: 18 inches Born via c-section at Hanh Phuc Hospital. Her first name, Arianne, is French and means “most holy.” D and I wanted a name that sounded nice in both English & Portuguese. The Portuguese version is Ariana. The middle name, Elisabeth, we...
- See Us on House Hunters International - Vietnam 3 months ago Over the summer my husband Duarte and I filmed for House Hunters International. There were 5 total days of filming: 1 day in Lake George, New York with my family and 4 days in Ho Chi Minh City. We moved to a different house for our second year in HCMC, and I’ve been waiting since [...]
- Tips for Flying with a Toddler 4 months ago We found flying with our son to be most difficult from 12 to 24 months. During that age, Gabriel really wanted to get up and walk around a lot, and until 20 months he still wanted to breastfeed to fall asleep. Considering the frequent wakings due to noise or turbulence on the airplane, this led...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Expat Heather
06:52 AM November 08, 2013
A helpful, concise, well thought out blog. Peppered with humour and humanity. Thoroughly enjoyed browsing it.