Latest Blog Posts »
- 10 Things to Do in and Around Ho Chi Minh City 4 days ago Before my mom came to visit us in Vietnam in February 2014, I made up an ambitious list of things for us to do. We didn’t manage to check them all off, but here are my ideas of things you can do with family to show them around Saigon and the Mekong Delta. 1. Mekong [...]
- How to Get a Vietnamese Birth Certificate:Part 1 5 days ago Our daughter was born in Ho Chi Minh City in February 2014, and in order to apply for her US citizenship and passport we needed to first apply for a birth certificate from the Vietnamese Ministry of Justice. The process was not detailed on the Ministry of Justice (MJ) website in entirety, but after...
- Family-Friendly Hotels in Dalat, Vietnam 4 months ago I am planning a family trip to Dalat next year, and here are some of the hotels that have made my favorite list. We would be traveling with a baby and a 3-year old, so generally I look for: a quiet location, a larger room with two beds, an on-site restaurant, and a garden to [...]
- Family Travel in Northern Vietnam - 1 Week 5 months ago My sister is coming to visit us in Vietnam in June, and we decided to spend 1 week traveling with the kids: a 4-month-old baby and my 3-year-old “Ninja Turtle” / very active son. I agonized over the itinerary for a few months, as there is so much we could do in Vietnam and in [...]
- Baby's First Passport 5 months ago After 3 visits to the Ministry of Justice in Ho Chi Minh City and 2 visits to the US Consulate, we have finally received Arianne’s first passport. We also received her official Consular Report of Birth Abroad. It was a relief to get it, as we struggled to get the Vietnamese birth certificate and...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Expat Heather
06:52 AM November 08, 2013
A helpful, concise, well thought out blog. Peppered with humour and humanity. Thoroughly enjoyed browsing it.