Latest Blog Posts »
- Reunification Day in Vietnam - 40 Year Celebration 4 months ago Today marks the 40th anniversary of the fall of Saigon and the victory of the North Vietnamese army. The holiday is also called Victory Day or Liberty Day, however some Vietnamese refer to it as Black April and consider it a day of mourning. The 40-year celebration in Ho Chi Minh City was open,...
- Air Purifiers in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam 3 months ago This is our air purifier’s pre-filter after approximately 10 months of use in Ho Chi Minh City. When we installed it, the inside boxes were bright white just like the styrofoam. The first year we lived in Vietnam, we did not have an air purifier. I had almost constant sinus infections, and...
- Spring Flower Festival at Tao Dan Park 5 months ago One of my favorite things to do during Tet is to visit the Spring Flower Festival at Tao Dan Park in central Ho Chi Minh City. This is the third year we’ve stayed in town during Tet. I actually really like it because the weather is cool, the city is less busy, and the, Read More
- Happy First Birthday Arianne! 5 months ago We had a lot of fun preparing for and celebrating Arianne’s first birthday! Because Arianne’s birthday falls during the Tet holidays, I decided just to have a small, simple party at the house. Gabriel gave me a long list of HIS friends that he wanted to invite, but I showed him on Facebook...
- Lunar New Year in Vietnam 5 months ago Today our school celebrated the lunar new year. As this is our third Tet in Vietnam, it’s become a fun tradition for Gabriel to dress up in traditional Vietnamese clothes. He outgrew his bright blue ao dai that he had for his first Tet, so I got him a new one in dark blue, Read More
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Expat Heather
06:52 AM November 08, 2013
A helpful, concise, well thought out blog. Peppered with humour and humanity. Thoroughly enjoyed browsing it.