Latest Blog Posts »
- Gabriel at 3 years, 9 months 1 day ago It’s hard to remember that Gabriel is not yet 4, considering he has already been planning his 4th birthday party for several months. There will be Ninja Turtle cake, and Ninja Turtle pizza, and lots of running around in the yard pretending to be Ninja Turtles. With his language development has...
- Saigon Getaway: Buon Ma Thuot 2 days ago A few weeks ago, I was looking for a weekend travel destination in Vietnam and started reading about Buon Ma Thuot in Daklak Province. My stipulations for a good weekend “getaway” are: 1. It should not take more than 5 hours to get there, all travel included. 2. It should not cost more than,...
- Winter in Saigon 2 days ago Although Ho Chi Minh City only has two seasons, wet and dry, I still think of the year in four seasons. Seeing all the recent Facebook posts of snow in New England has been a reminder that it’s winter, which is my favorite time of the year in Saigon. I’m sure this partly because, Read More
- Arianne at 8 Months 1 week ago Since my son Gabriel was born in 2011, I’ve been posting sporadic updates about my kids and their travels over on my Parenting blog. With the new blog design at Expat Heather, I’ve decided to now post everything all in one place. At 8 months old, Arianne is really on the move. She isn’t, Read...
- Preparing for Study Abroad 1 week ago This week our school is running a “College Boot Camp” for our grade 12 students while the rest of the school is away on field trips. We are doing a lot of different activities, and one of the sessions I am running is getting students to do some reading and research about the college, Read More
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Expat Heather
06:52 AM November 08, 2013
A helpful, concise, well thought out blog. Peppered with humour and humanity. Thoroughly enjoyed browsing it.