Latest Blog Posts »
- Family-Friendly Hotels in Dalat, Vietnam 5 months ago I am planning a family trip to Dalat next year, and here are some of the hotels that have made my favorite list. We would be traveling with a baby and a 3-year old, so generally I look for: a quiet location, a larger room with two beds, an on-site restaurant, and a garden to [...]
- Family Travel in Northern Vietnam - 1 Week 5 months ago My sister is coming to visit us in Vietnam in June, and we decided to spend 1 week traveling with the kids: a 4-month-old baby and my 3-year-old “Ninja Turtle” / very active son. I agonized over the itinerary for a few months, as there is so much we could do in Vietnam and in [...]
- Baby's First Passport 6 months ago After 3 visits to the Ministry of Justice in Ho Chi Minh City and 2 visits to the US Consulate, we have finally received Arianne’s first passport. We also received her official Consular Report of Birth Abroad. It was a relief to get it, as we struggled to get the Vietnamese birth certificate and...
- Nana's Visit to Vietnam 7 months ago This is my 5th year teaching overseas, and for the first time a family member came to visit! I knew in the back of my mind that if grandbaby #2 would be born in Vietnam that might entice my mom to endure the 30+ hours of travel. She arrived 5 days before Arianne’s c-section was [...]
- Newborn Photos in Ho Chi Minh City 6 months ago On Saturday we did a three-hour newborn and family photo session with Michelle Seltzer from Green Gate Photography. Michelle was well-prepared with a big box of cute baby accessories, blankets and swaddle cloths of different colors and textures, and a comfortable setup on a bean bag for baby to...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Expat Heather
06:52 AM November 08, 2013
A helpful, concise, well thought out blog. Peppered with humour and humanity. Thoroughly enjoyed browsing it.