Latest Blog Posts »
- Saigon Rugby 10s Tournament 3 weeks ago This weekend my friend Bill invited me to go see his rugby team, the Saigon Geckos, play in the Saigon International Rugby 10s Tournament at the RMIT campus in District 7. I hadn’t gone to any sports events yet here in Saigon, so another friend and I made the jaunt over to D7 (350,000, Read More
- Personal Update: 4th Year in Vietnam 3 months ago Wow! Hard to believe it’s been three full years already, and at the same, I feel like I’ve been in Saigon even longer than that as I’ve gone through so many changes, both professionally and personally, since we moved here in August 2012. I’m now printing the fifth iteration of my business...
- Reunification Day in Vietnam - 40 Year Celebration 7 months ago Today marks the 40th anniversary of the fall of Saigon and the victory of the North Vietnamese army. The holiday is also called Victory Day or Liberty Day, however some Vietnamese refer to it as Black April and consider it a day of mourning. The 40-year celebration in Ho Chi Minh City was open,...
- Air Purifiers in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam 7 months ago This is our air purifier’s pre-filter after approximately 10 months of use in Ho Chi Minh City. When we installed it, the inside boxes were bright white just like the styrofoam. The first year we lived in Vietnam, we did not have an air purifier. I had almost constant sinus infections, and...
- Spring Flower Festival at Tao Dan Park 9 months ago One of my favorite things to do during Tet is to visit the Spring Flower Festival at Tao Dan Park in central Ho Chi Minh City. This is the third year we’ve stayed in town during Tet. I actually really like it because the weather is cool, the city is less busy, and the, Read More
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Expat Heather
06:52 AM November 08, 2013
A helpful, concise, well thought out blog. Peppered with humour and humanity. Thoroughly enjoyed browsing it.