Life in Dar
Latest Blog Posts »
- January 26, 2015 - The Dark Side 14 hours ago Yesterday was Noah's Birthday Party! I tried to get what I could in the US back in November to help with our Darth Vader theme. Otherwise, Dar is always a challenge to go too crazy because of what's (not) available. I think it turned out to be fun for Noah and his (and Grace's) friends. He...
- January 22, 2015 - Noah's Fourth Birthday! 4 days ago And then suddenly! This little baby, our sweet Noah Dean, was 4 years old.The day started around 5:15 am. We had a full family party before Grace left for school at 6:30 am. Noah was VERY happy with many, many, many Darth Vader and Star Wars and Lego presents. He did not like his pirate costume...
- January 21, 2015 - Three Quarters 5 days ago Oh man! Enter every cliche written about the quick passage of time here. I just can't believe she is 9 months old (but that pales in comparison to Noah's 4 years tomorrow!). Aya now sports two center bottom teeth. She is a pretty good eater, enjoying things she can hold herself the most...
- January 20, 2015 - Great News! 6 days ago Very happy news from our family. Grace, Noah and Aya have a new cousin! Allison Mueller Phelps was born on January 14, 2015. This is my favorite picture of her so far because she looks so much like her brother, Kyle. What a blessing for my sister's family to welcome a new baby. It is an...
- January 10, 2015 - Another First 2 weeks ago While I hoped her next milestone would be sleeping through night, Aya did check "first tooth" off the list today. I think it might have happened yesterday afternoon because after her nap she seemed in a much better mood than the previous few days and I know she didn't have it yesterday morning....
Contest Entries »
- Family Rules Writing Contest October 2012 When you move to a different country, the word change is completely insufficient to describe everything you experience compared to your “old life at home”. Since moving to East Africa almost five years ago and making another international move...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Tanzania Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Tanzania!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on Life in Dar
14:19 PM October 21, 2012
Love your blog Lisa!!!
00:42 AM October 22, 2012
One of my favorite blogs to read - Excellent balance of expat perspectives and cultural insight - all while having a "real life" approach.
20:02 PM October 22, 2012
21:02 PM October 22, 2012
Great blog with awesome insights, fun times and struggles of how one American/Danish family lives in Tanzania.
23:55 PM October 22, 2012
So interesting on so many topics: parenting, ex-pat daily living, African culture, travel, politics, etc. Always entertaining and real!
09:00 AM October 23, 2012
I first read your blog in 2008. I find you focused and that you have kept your writing clear, easy to read and relate to . This has made your blog very engaging at all times. Thank you Lisa.
16:40 PM October 28, 2012
LOVE this blog! Very funny, very personal, and very well-written....
20:24 PM October 31, 2012
If it were not for Lisa Welsein's blog her many fiends and relatives would spend several years worrying instead, we know she and the family are fine and as a bonus we have all learned a great deal about South Africa that may not be learned from a text book no matter how many you read. This blog is simply amazing, educational, funny, heartwarming and informative and while it is personal - it should, be picked up by some publisher so readers, in addition to friends and relatives, might have the benefit and privilege of this extraordinay narrative! I guess you might say I like it - NO I LOVE IT!!!