Life in Dar
Latest Blog Posts »
- June 1, 2016 - Old Stomping Grounds 5 months ago It was just two weekends ago - although feels like ages already! - that I set off on my own for three days and three nights of "me" time with some of my friends from Nairobi days. Two friends still live in Nairobi and the other managed to be in town from London for work. After some stressful...
- May 16, 2016 - Throwback to Easter 6 months ago Way back in March/April, we visited our friends in their family holiday home on the Krom River on the Eastern Cape of South Africa. It was a wonderfully relaxing vacation that I have already blogged about! But our friend Chris just shared these beautiful pictures of our final night together,...
- May 11, 2016 - So Much to Say 6 months ago There has been a LOT going on for our family these days. Kristoffer and I are both having a very busy week of work, coinciding with our final weeks here in Dar. Right before I started "exam season" at IST (my 4th year conducting exams here), we had one crazy week where we both packed out of our...
- May 10, 2016 - Travelling with Toddlers in Tanzania 6 months ago A few months ago I was invited to write a guest blog post over at Roasted Montreal and today is the day that my specific post is up!This was flattering because, as you know, I've been pretty awful at blogging consistently since Aya was born and the fact that another blogger likes my blog and my...
- April 29, 2016 - Two Part Two 6 months ago A couple of days after Aya's birthday and just before our big pack out (more on that later), we had a very small party for Aya. We just invited 3 families over for some cake and a play date. It was simple and sweet and hopefully she enjoyed it. The birthday girl fell asleep at the table eating...
Contest Entries »
- Family Rules Writing Contest October 2012 When you move to a different country, the word change is completely insufficient to describe everything you experience compared to your “old life at home”. Since moving to East Africa almost five years ago and making another international move...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Tanzania Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Tanzania!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on Life in Dar
14:19 PM October 21, 2012
Love your blog Lisa!!!
00:42 AM October 22, 2012
One of my favorite blogs to read - Excellent balance of expat perspectives and cultural insight - all while having a "real life" approach.
20:02 PM October 22, 2012
21:02 PM October 22, 2012
Great blog with awesome insights, fun times and struggles of how one American/Danish family lives in Tanzania.
23:55 PM October 22, 2012
So interesting on so many topics: parenting, ex-pat daily living, African culture, travel, politics, etc. Always entertaining and real!
09:00 AM October 23, 2012
I first read your blog in 2008. I find you focused and that you have kept your writing clear, easy to read and relate to . This has made your blog very engaging at all times. Thank you Lisa.
16:40 PM October 28, 2012
LOVE this blog! Very funny, very personal, and very well-written....
20:24 PM October 31, 2012
If it were not for Lisa Welsein's blog her many fiends and relatives would spend several years worrying instead, we know she and the family are fine and as a bonus we have all learned a great deal about South Africa that may not be learned from a text book no matter how many you read. This blog is simply amazing, educational, funny, heartwarming and informative and while it is personal - it should, be picked up by some publisher so readers, in addition to friends and relatives, might have the benefit and privilege of this extraordinay narrative! I guess you might say I like it - NO I LOVE IT!!!