Life in Dar
Latest Blog Posts »
- August 2, 2014 - Growing Pains 1 day ago It's been a tough week (few weeks?) for us. Grace's start in Kindergarten has been a roller coaster: she is really happy at school and loves it there, but is so exhausted that her behavior at home leaves a lot to be desired. She also had one physical fight with another child already :( We...
- August 21, 2014 - Four (Months) and Fabulous 1 week ago Just like everybody says...it is going TOO FAST! Aya is four months old today. Wasn't I just pregnant?! For weeks she was brilliant at putting herself to sleep - now Aya has regressed and is giving us a really hard time going down, even when especially when she is exhausted. Sometimes...
- August 15, 2014 - When You Move Overseas... 2 weeks ago A friend in Dar shared someone else's blog about things nobody told you before moved overseas. I would say that I 100% currently identify or have at some point in the last 6.5 years identified with every single one of these (minus all the parts about missionary work). I desperately wish I had...
- August 14, 2014 - Bike Riding! 2 weeks ago Grace has learned to ride her bike without training wheels. I think she did it by herself for the first time on 1st of August, but she didn't KNOW that she was doing it by herself until August 3rd. She is so very proud, and as parents we realize how amazing it is when your kids master a new...
- August 13, 2014 - On my birthday... 2 weeks ago The news in the world is really depressing these days. Police killing people in America. Russia vs. Ukraine. Israel vs. Palestine. Airplane crashes. Ebola. Suicide. If you really stop to consider the true, enormous weight of these situations and events, you would never get out of bed....
Contest Entries »
- Family Rules Writing Contest October 2012 When you move to a different country, the word change is completely insufficient to describe everything you experience compared to your “old life at home”. Since moving to East Africa almost five years ago and making another international move...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Tanzania Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Tanzania!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on Life in Dar
14:19 PM October 21, 2012
Love your blog Lisa!!!
00:42 AM October 22, 2012
One of my favorite blogs to read - Excellent balance of expat perspectives and cultural insight - all while having a "real life" approach.
20:02 PM October 22, 2012
21:02 PM October 22, 2012
Great blog with awesome insights, fun times and struggles of how one American/Danish family lives in Tanzania.
23:55 PM October 22, 2012
So interesting on so many topics: parenting, ex-pat daily living, African culture, travel, politics, etc. Always entertaining and real!
09:00 AM October 23, 2012
I first read your blog in 2008. I find you focused and that you have kept your writing clear, easy to read and relate to . This has made your blog very engaging at all times. Thank you Lisa.
16:40 PM October 28, 2012
LOVE this blog! Very funny, very personal, and very well-written....
20:24 PM October 31, 2012
If it were not for Lisa Welsein's blog her many fiends and relatives would spend several years worrying instead, we know she and the family are fine and as a bonus we have all learned a great deal about South Africa that may not be learned from a text book no matter how many you read. This blog is simply amazing, educational, funny, heartwarming and informative and while it is personal - it should, be picked up by some publisher so readers, in addition to friends and relatives, might have the benefit and privilege of this extraordinay narrative! I guess you might say I like it - NO I LOVE IT!!!