Life in Dar
Latest Blog Posts »
- October 21, 2014 - Aya's Big Week 1 day ago Six months old today and started to crawl YESTERDAY. Aya can get on all fours but doesn't quite crawl that way yet - it is more of an army style crawl, although even since yesterday she has gotten faster and more precise. I think it will be the "on all fours" variety soon enough.She has started...
- October 10, 2014 - Family Firsts 1 week ago There's always something going on in our house. Often that "something" requires a trip (or many) to the clinic. And so it was these past two weeks as well!Some good "firsts":I survived my first time solo-parenting 3 kids while Kristoffer traveled to Indonesia for work. (Note that he thinks if...
- October 7, 2014 - This Little Light of Mine 2 weeks ago The date doesn't usually matter. Because, of course, I think of Kyle every day. For some reason, the solitude of my car is often the place where I end up weeping for Kyle. Sometimes I talk to him there. Or I sing to him, that song I sang to him just an hour before he passed away... "...this...
- September 30, 2014 - Taxes for Expats 3 weeks ago Note: This is my first sponsored post. All details and opinions are mine alone.You might not know this, but since we’ve moved to Dar I’ve been running a Facebook group for Expat Parents. In theory it is a place where people can buy/sell their belongs upon coming or going, search for...
- September 29, 2014 - Me Box 3 weeks ago Grace's first big school assignment this year was to create a "Me Box". She could put anything in her box that could describe her (what she loves, who she loves, etc.) and decorate it as she liked as well. She had to present it to her class a few weeks ago, and then last week all the parents...
Contest Entries »
- Family Rules Writing Contest October 2012 When you move to a different country, the word change is completely insufficient to describe everything you experience compared to your “old life at home”. Since moving to East Africa almost five years ago and making another international move...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Tanzania Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Tanzania!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on Life in Dar
14:19 PM October 21, 2012
Love your blog Lisa!!!
00:42 AM October 22, 2012
One of my favorite blogs to read - Excellent balance of expat perspectives and cultural insight - all while having a "real life" approach.
20:02 PM October 22, 2012
21:02 PM October 22, 2012
Great blog with awesome insights, fun times and struggles of how one American/Danish family lives in Tanzania.
23:55 PM October 22, 2012
So interesting on so many topics: parenting, ex-pat daily living, African culture, travel, politics, etc. Always entertaining and real!
09:00 AM October 23, 2012
I first read your blog in 2008. I find you focused and that you have kept your writing clear, easy to read and relate to . This has made your blog very engaging at all times. Thank you Lisa.
16:40 PM October 28, 2012
LOVE this blog! Very funny, very personal, and very well-written....
20:24 PM October 31, 2012
If it were not for Lisa Welsein's blog her many fiends and relatives would spend several years worrying instead, we know she and the family are fine and as a bonus we have all learned a great deal about South Africa that may not be learned from a text book no matter how many you read. This blog is simply amazing, educational, funny, heartwarming and informative and while it is personal - it should, be picked up by some publisher so readers, in addition to friends and relatives, might have the benefit and privilege of this extraordinay narrative! I guess you might say I like it - NO I LOVE IT!!!