Life in Dar
Latest Blog Posts »
- September 3, 2015 - The Thoughtful Thief 1 day ago This is a true story.On Tuesday morning, I was very stressed. Oliver was late to work - usually I leave Aya with her when I take Noah to school and sometimes run a few errands (or go straight to work if I am substituting that day). So normally I don't bring Aya with me to Noah's school but this...
- August 26, 2015 - Don't forget the parents! 1 week ago Trying to get back into blogging after a pretty decent absence, I think I've got you all caught up on the kids. But what about Kristoffer and me? With Aya starting to sleep better at night (except for last night of course), giving us one long stretch even if she wakes up waaaaayyyyy too early...
- August 25, 2015 - Noah's Turn! 1 week ago After waiting very patiently for the last two weeks, Noah (now 4 1/2 years old) went back to school yesterday! And for his last year of pre-school he's going to a new school. It's called Reader Rabbits and among people we know in Dar has a great reputation for giving kids a very positive...
- August 21, 2015 - Sweet Sixteen 2 weeks ago These days, life is a little different for our Aya, who is 16 months old today. We stopped nursing two weeks ago...on August 6th. She was the same approximate age as her siblings when they also stopped nursing (15 1/2 monthsish); for some reason, because I nursed Grace for that amount of time...
- August 11, 2015 - More Denmark! 3 weeks ago Sheesh...remember how I did not take so many pictures in Denmark? That's because, luckily!, Hans did! Thank you Hans, as always, for documenting our time with you so preciously. Tusind tak! And here is a bit more about our holiday in DK...OUR FIRST DAY AT FARMOR AND HANS' HOUSEincluding a...
Contest Entries »
- Family Rules Writing Contest October 2012 When you move to a different country, the word change is completely insufficient to describe everything you experience compared to your “old life at home”. Since moving to East Africa almost five years ago and making another international move...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Tanzania Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Tanzania!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on Life in Dar
14:19 PM October 21, 2012
Love your blog Lisa!!!
00:42 AM October 22, 2012
One of my favorite blogs to read - Excellent balance of expat perspectives and cultural insight - all while having a "real life" approach.
20:02 PM October 22, 2012
21:02 PM October 22, 2012
Great blog with awesome insights, fun times and struggles of how one American/Danish family lives in Tanzania.
23:55 PM October 22, 2012
So interesting on so many topics: parenting, ex-pat daily living, African culture, travel, politics, etc. Always entertaining and real!
09:00 AM October 23, 2012
I first read your blog in 2008. I find you focused and that you have kept your writing clear, easy to read and relate to . This has made your blog very engaging at all times. Thank you Lisa.
16:40 PM October 28, 2012
LOVE this blog! Very funny, very personal, and very well-written....
20:24 PM October 31, 2012
If it were not for Lisa Welsein's blog her many fiends and relatives would spend several years worrying instead, we know she and the family are fine and as a bonus we have all learned a great deal about South Africa that may not be learned from a text book no matter how many you read. This blog is simply amazing, educational, funny, heartwarming and informative and while it is personal - it should, be picked up by some publisher so readers, in addition to friends and relatives, might have the benefit and privilege of this extraordinay narrative! I guess you might say I like it - NO I LOVE IT!!!