Life in Dar
Latest Blog Posts »
- April 21, 2015 - Sweet Aya Karen, One Year Old 5 days ago I knew this day would come. And it is a joyful one, for sure. Aya Karen is 1-year-old! Even though a part of me feels like I am grieving for the passing of our baby days, I will just focus on telling you how awesome Aya is and what a nice day she had today. Two weeks ago Aya was weighed and...
- April 15, 2015 - Belated Easter 1 week ago Better late than never?This might go down in history as the least documented family holiday we've ever had. Literally. And what was documented was done so quite poorly. Our Canon camera battery died and I couldn't find the charger (of course) and then some water got under the screen of my...
- April 10, 2015 - Super Swimmer 2 weeks ago One week ago, Grace's class had a swimming exhibition where all parents could come to see what they have been working on this school year. It involved forward crawl, back stroke, diving and retrieving, and treading water. She is not the very best swimmer in class BUT just over a year ago she...
- March 27, 2015 - Baby Steps 1 month ago She has been doing one step for awhile, but as of today, Aya can walk (like a drunkard)!(Noah's voice in the background might be the best part of this video!)Gotta love this girl!LMW
- March 21, 2015 - 11 Months Old 1 month ago I think it is pretty hard to top how awesome Aya is right now. To get the tough stuff out of the way - she is still a terrible night-time sleeper. But that's about it! Everything else about her is wonderful. She is on the verge of walking, but I think it is much more her own decision not to...
Contest Entries »
- Family Rules Writing Contest October 2012 When you move to a different country, the word change is completely insufficient to describe everything you experience compared to your “old life at home”. Since moving to East Africa almost five years ago and making another international move...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Tanzania Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Tanzania!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on Life in Dar
14:19 PM October 21, 2012
Love your blog Lisa!!!
00:42 AM October 22, 2012
One of my favorite blogs to read - Excellent balance of expat perspectives and cultural insight - all while having a "real life" approach.
20:02 PM October 22, 2012
21:02 PM October 22, 2012
Great blog with awesome insights, fun times and struggles of how one American/Danish family lives in Tanzania.
23:55 PM October 22, 2012
So interesting on so many topics: parenting, ex-pat daily living, African culture, travel, politics, etc. Always entertaining and real!
09:00 AM October 23, 2012
I first read your blog in 2008. I find you focused and that you have kept your writing clear, easy to read and relate to . This has made your blog very engaging at all times. Thank you Lisa.
16:40 PM October 28, 2012
LOVE this blog! Very funny, very personal, and very well-written....
20:24 PM October 31, 2012
If it were not for Lisa Welsein's blog her many fiends and relatives would spend several years worrying instead, we know she and the family are fine and as a bonus we have all learned a great deal about South Africa that may not be learned from a text book no matter how many you read. This blog is simply amazing, educational, funny, heartwarming and informative and while it is personal - it should, be picked up by some publisher so readers, in addition to friends and relatives, might have the benefit and privilege of this extraordinay narrative! I guess you might say I like it - NO I LOVE IT!!!