Life in Dar
Latest Blog Posts »
- December 12, 2014 - Holiday Cheer 1 week ago Before we fly north for the next few weeks, I'll just share some of the holiday spirit the kids have experienced this week. First there was Grace's Christmas party, and one of the "room parents" in her class made an Olaf (from Frozen) pinata which was a very big hit. Along with my chocolate...
- December 11, 2014 - Holiday Updates 1 week ago I could start with a lack-of-blogging apology, but really that is just the status quo these days so what's the use?! Instead, I'll start with a correction...when looking over some papers the other day I found Aya's report from seeing the pediatrician in the US and her stats are way more...
- November 21, 2014 - 7 Month Surprise! 4 weeks ago Greetings from America! Aya and I made our way to Boston a few days ago. It was a VERY long trip (to say the least) and she had just started to have a cold before we left so of course it got much worse during the course of the 24+ travel hours. We flew through Turkey: first flight to...
- November 17, 2014 - It's Easy Being Green 1 month ago Grace's school has a theme of "the environment" this year, so lots of talk about taking care of the planet, the environments of different countries, recycling, etc. Each grade gets to participate in a musical concert on the theme of the environment. Kindergarten, Grade 2 and Grade 4 performed...
- November 12, 2014 - Where to Begin? 1 month ago Hi again. Remember me? I used to blog here a lot. Then I had my third beautiful child and somehow she broke the proverbial straw of the camel-blogger's back. I just can't get my blogging act together! Sorry! I think about writing blogs a lot. In my head I start to compose them even....
Contest Entries »
- Family Rules Writing Contest October 2012 When you move to a different country, the word change is completely insufficient to describe everything you experience compared to your “old life at home”. Since moving to East Africa almost five years ago and making another international move...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Tanzania Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Tanzania!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on Life in Dar
14:19 PM October 21, 2012
Love your blog Lisa!!!
00:42 AM October 22, 2012
One of my favorite blogs to read - Excellent balance of expat perspectives and cultural insight - all while having a "real life" approach.
20:02 PM October 22, 2012
21:02 PM October 22, 2012
Great blog with awesome insights, fun times and struggles of how one American/Danish family lives in Tanzania.
23:55 PM October 22, 2012
So interesting on so many topics: parenting, ex-pat daily living, African culture, travel, politics, etc. Always entertaining and real!
09:00 AM October 23, 2012
I first read your blog in 2008. I find you focused and that you have kept your writing clear, easy to read and relate to . This has made your blog very engaging at all times. Thank you Lisa.
16:40 PM October 28, 2012
LOVE this blog! Very funny, very personal, and very well-written....
20:24 PM October 31, 2012
If it were not for Lisa Welsein's blog her many fiends and relatives would spend several years worrying instead, we know she and the family are fine and as a bonus we have all learned a great deal about South Africa that may not be learned from a text book no matter how many you read. This blog is simply amazing, educational, funny, heartwarming and informative and while it is personal - it should, be picked up by some publisher so readers, in addition to friends and relatives, might have the benefit and privilege of this extraordinay narrative! I guess you might say I like it - NO I LOVE IT!!!