Life in Dar
Latest Blog Posts »
- July 28, 2014 - The Green Monster 9 hours ago This weekend we bought (a used) kayak and yesterday Kristoffer and Hans took the kids out for their inaugural trip. They had a great first experience and we hope will foster a greater love of the water/ocean in them. Kristoffer used to do a lot of kayaking at university so he is thrilled to be...
- July 24, 2014 - Summer Holiday 4 days ago Farmor and Hans have been in our neck of the woods for two weeks. Nothing makes for happier kids during summer vacation than totally dedicated grandparents! Here are a few scenes from their visit.Picnic Lunch at the BeachMini-vacation at a hotel called Protea Amani Beach on the South Beach of...
- July 21, 2014 - One Sweet Face 1 week ago Sorry (Mrs. D!) for my absence on the blog these last few weeks. Kristoffer's mom and Hans are visiting so we've been having a lot of fun. But 2/3 of the kids in this house don't sleep through the night, and I have also had a sick stomach. So all of that has not left so much time for...
- July 4, 2014 - Every Heart Beats True ('Neath the Red, White and Blue) 3 weeks ago It's one of my two least favorite days to be an expat. I've said it before and I'll say it again...there's just something about The Fourth and Thanksgiving that makes me really believe you should be IN America to celebrate them properly! The best we could do around here was to sport our...
- July 2, 2014 - Baby Life 3 weeks ago Aya is 10 weeks old now, and living a pretty good life. She has been to the beach 3 times. During her first time, below, she loved the cool breeze. We definitely brought Aya back to Dar at the right time of year.She was really loving a little time with Rose every day, but now seems to like...
Contest Entries »
- Family Rules Writing Contest October 2012 When you move to a different country, the word change is completely insufficient to describe everything you experience compared to your “old life at home”. Since moving to East Africa almost five years ago and making another international move...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Tanzania Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Tanzania!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on Life in Dar
14:19 PM October 21, 2012
Love your blog Lisa!!!
00:42 AM October 22, 2012
One of my favorite blogs to read - Excellent balance of expat perspectives and cultural insight - all while having a "real life" approach.
20:02 PM October 22, 2012
21:02 PM October 22, 2012
Great blog with awesome insights, fun times and struggles of how one American/Danish family lives in Tanzania.
23:55 PM October 22, 2012
So interesting on so many topics: parenting, ex-pat daily living, African culture, travel, politics, etc. Always entertaining and real!
09:00 AM October 23, 2012
I first read your blog in 2008. I find you focused and that you have kept your writing clear, easy to read and relate to . This has made your blog very engaging at all times. Thank you Lisa.
16:40 PM October 28, 2012
LOVE this blog! Very funny, very personal, and very well-written....
20:24 PM October 31, 2012
If it were not for Lisa Welsein's blog her many fiends and relatives would spend several years worrying instead, we know she and the family are fine and as a bonus we have all learned a great deal about South Africa that may not be learned from a text book no matter how many you read. This blog is simply amazing, educational, funny, heartwarming and informative and while it is personal - it should, be picked up by some publisher so readers, in addition to friends and relatives, might have the benefit and privilege of this extraordinay narrative! I guess you might say I like it - NO I LOVE IT!!!