Life in Dar
Latest Blog Posts »
- April 20, 2014 - Love, Actually 3 days ago There is something to be said for Hugh Grant's bit about the international arrivals terminal at the airport in the movie "Love, Actually." It is a beautiful place :) It was a VERY big moment for our family when we were reunited on Good Friday at the airport and could probably have been in a movie...
- April 16, 2014 - Counting Hours 1 week ago Yesterday was an emotional day to be in Boston for the first anniversary of the Boston Marathon Bombing. I was glad I was here, though, to watch or listen to the remembrance events in real time. There were so many beautiful words spoken and beautiful songs song and beautiful prayers prayed. It is...
- April 14, 2014 - One More Week 1 week ago It is hard to believe but we are down to a one week countdown until the BBG joins us in the world! I am 38 weeks + 1 day pregnant today and tomorrow is my final check up with the doctor. The more imminent countdown is 4 days until Kristoffer, Grace and Noah arrive in Boston. To call it "Good"...
- April 2, 2014 - Stateside Update 3 weeks ago Hi everyone. Here I am back at my parents' house in Massachusetts. I left Dar almost one month ago and Kristoffer and the kids will join me here in 2 weeks in 2 days. In some ways it has been so lovely to be here: lots of great time with my incredibly helpful and supportive parents, satisfied...
- March 30, 2014 - 36 Weeks 3 weeks ago Hello from Boston! Sorry I am a terrible blogger right now, but today the BBG and I are 36 weeks with 3 weeks and 1 day to go. I have much more to say about our lovely stay in Massachusetts so far - more on that soon, I promise - but for now just wanted to give a shout out to Kristoffer, Grace and...
Contest Entries »
- Family Rules Writing Contest October 2012 When you move to a different country, the word change is completely insufficient to describe everything you experience compared to your “old life at home”. Since moving to East Africa almost five years ago and making another international move...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Tanzania Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Tanzania!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on Life in Dar
14:19 PM October 21, 2012
Love your blog Lisa!!!
00:42 AM October 22, 2012
One of my favorite blogs to read - Excellent balance of expat perspectives and cultural insight - all while having a "real life" approach.
20:02 PM October 22, 2012
21:02 PM October 22, 2012
Great blog with awesome insights, fun times and struggles of how one American/Danish family lives in Tanzania.
23:55 PM October 22, 2012
So interesting on so many topics: parenting, ex-pat daily living, African culture, travel, politics, etc. Always entertaining and real!
09:00 AM October 23, 2012
I first read your blog in 2008. I find you focused and that you have kept your writing clear, easy to read and relate to . This has made your blog very engaging at all times. Thank you Lisa.
16:40 PM October 28, 2012
LOVE this blog! Very funny, very personal, and very well-written....
20:24 PM October 31, 2012
If it were not for Lisa Welsein's blog her many fiends and relatives would spend several years worrying instead, we know she and the family are fine and as a bonus we have all learned a great deal about South Africa that may not be learned from a text book no matter how many you read. This blog is simply amazing, educational, funny, heartwarming and informative and while it is personal - it should, be picked up by some publisher so readers, in addition to friends and relatives, might have the benefit and privilege of this extraordinay narrative! I guess you might say I like it - NO I LOVE IT!!!