Life in Dar
Latest Blog Posts »
- December 12, 2013 - Just Silly 13 hours ago We are in the season of "short rains" here (although I think it is already supposed to be over!) and Grace and Noah love to play in the rain in their boots and with their umbrellas. I have no idea what happened to the umbrellas on Monday - but Kristoffer took this video of them playing in the rain....
- December 11, 2013 - Blog Books 1 day ago We would like to say a very big THANK YOU to Jean (Bibi) and Jen in NYC for one of the best gifts we receive each year. Since we began our expat life, they have been closely tracking our blog and each year they publish it into a hard cover book for us (in 2012, we got two books!). The...
- December 10, 2013 - Sharing is Caring 2 days ago Even though we live in a developing country, our life is pretty much a totally "expat bubble," where we mostly interact with other expats, our children live very comfortably and very rarely interact with this country's poverty/reality at all. Of course we want to protect them from seeing "too...
- December 9, 2013 - Intermission 3 days ago Tis the season to be jolly...fa la la la la, la la la la!Bonus Baby was 20 weeks old on the inside yesterday and is scheduled to be born 19 weeks from today. S/he is moving a lot more these days, which I enjoy (always at 9 pm!) and it's also nice because Kristoffer can feel bigger movements with...
- December 8, 2013 - Ladies Man 4 days ago Our sweet Noah has friends of his own now, and they are both girls! It is crazy cute. Every evening at dinner when we ask him what his favorite part of the day was he says, "Playing with Helena and Maya." At school they are three peas in a pod and have a lot of fun together. Makes us happy...
Contest Entries »
- Family Rules Writing Contest October 2012 When you move to a different country, the word change is completely insufficient to describe everything you experience compared to your “old life at home”. Since moving to East Africa almost five years ago and making another international move...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Tanzania Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Tanzania!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on Life in Dar
14:19 PM October 21, 2012
Love your blog Lisa!!!
00:42 AM October 22, 2012
One of my favorite blogs to read - Excellent balance of expat perspectives and cultural insight - all while having a "real life" approach.
20:02 PM October 22, 2012
21:02 PM October 22, 2012
Great blog with awesome insights, fun times and struggles of how one American/Danish family lives in Tanzania.
23:55 PM October 22, 2012
So interesting on so many topics: parenting, ex-pat daily living, African culture, travel, politics, etc. Always entertaining and real!
09:00 AM October 23, 2012
I first read your blog in 2008. I find you focused and that you have kept your writing clear, easy to read and relate to . This has made your blog very engaging at all times. Thank you Lisa.
16:40 PM October 28, 2012
LOVE this blog! Very funny, very personal, and very well-written....
20:24 PM October 31, 2012
If it were not for Lisa Welsein's blog her many fiends and relatives would spend several years worrying instead, we know she and the family are fine and as a bonus we have all learned a great deal about South Africa that may not be learned from a text book no matter how many you read. This blog is simply amazing, educational, funny, heartwarming and informative and while it is personal - it should, be picked up by some publisher so readers, in addition to friends and relatives, might have the benefit and privilege of this extraordinay narrative! I guess you might say I like it - NO I LOVE IT!!!