Life in Dar
Latest Blog Posts »
- March 27, 2015 - Baby Steps 1 day ago She has been doing one step for awhile, but as of today, Aya can walk (like a drunkard)!(Noah's voice in the background might be the best part of this video!)Gotta love this girl!LMW
- March 21, 2015 - 11 Months Old 1 week ago I think it is pretty hard to top how awesome Aya is right now. To get the tough stuff out of the way - she is still a terrible night-time sleeper. But that's about it! Everything else about her is wonderful. She is on the verge of walking, but I think it is much more her own decision not to...
- March 4, 2015 - On Nairobi 2 weeks ago Close to four weeks ago we went to Nairobi overnight without Grace and Noah. I needed some medical tests that couldn't be done in Dar (even though they were not invasive or unusual tests). Last week we received the good news that all results were normal and I am AOK :) I have to say, though,...
- March 8, 2015 - "Frozen" in Dar 2 weeks ago Yesterday was Grace's sixth birthday party! There was a lot of hype leading up to this "event" ;) It was a great day and she was a happy (if also a bit bossy) birthday girl...we all had a lot of fun, but Kristoffer and I are also glad it's over. Having Christmas and two birthdays all in a row...
- March 4, 2015 - Three Years in Dar 3 weeks ago As I wrote on my Facebook today..."Today is our 3-year-Dar-iversary. In those first two weeks we had no generator and almost no electricity. Our landlord would have their househelp deliver carosene lanterns at night time! It was close to 95F and crazy humid all day every day, and we had just come...
Contest Entries »
- Family Rules Writing Contest October 2012 When you move to a different country, the word change is completely insufficient to describe everything you experience compared to your “old life at home”. Since moving to East Africa almost five years ago and making another international move...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Tanzania Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Tanzania!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on Life in Dar
14:19 PM October 21, 2012
Love your blog Lisa!!!
00:42 AM October 22, 2012
One of my favorite blogs to read - Excellent balance of expat perspectives and cultural insight - all while having a "real life" approach.
20:02 PM October 22, 2012
21:02 PM October 22, 2012
Great blog with awesome insights, fun times and struggles of how one American/Danish family lives in Tanzania.
23:55 PM October 22, 2012
So interesting on so many topics: parenting, ex-pat daily living, African culture, travel, politics, etc. Always entertaining and real!
09:00 AM October 23, 2012
I first read your blog in 2008. I find you focused and that you have kept your writing clear, easy to read and relate to . This has made your blog very engaging at all times. Thank you Lisa.
16:40 PM October 28, 2012
LOVE this blog! Very funny, very personal, and very well-written....
20:24 PM October 31, 2012
If it were not for Lisa Welsein's blog her many fiends and relatives would spend several years worrying instead, we know she and the family are fine and as a bonus we have all learned a great deal about South Africa that may not be learned from a text book no matter how many you read. This blog is simply amazing, educational, funny, heartwarming and informative and while it is personal - it should, be picked up by some publisher so readers, in addition to friends and relatives, might have the benefit and privilege of this extraordinay narrative! I guess you might say I like it - NO I LOVE IT!!!