Life in Dar
Latest Blog Posts »
- April 29, 2016 - Two Part Two 3 days ago A couple of days after Aya's birthday and just before our big pack out (more on that later), we had a very small party for Aya. We just invited 3 families over for some cake and a play date. It was simple and sweet and hopefully she enjoyed it. The birthday girl fell asleep at the table eating...
- April 21 2016 - Terrifcally Two! 1 week ago Today is Aya's second birthday, which is VERY hard to believe.Our little baby!It was probably the most low-key birthday we've had around here in a long time. I think Aya is a little bit under the weather, actually, and so for some reason she slept all the way until 8:00 am! That is very strange...
- April 11, 2016 - Easter Vacation? Back to South Africa! 3 weeks ago Well, it already feels like a very long time ago, but on Good Friday our family travelled back down to South Africa for a week's vacation exploring a different part of the country than we did when we went to Cape Town in October. We headed to the Eastern Cape this time to a lovely, smaller city...
- March 24, 2016 - IST's Got Talent 2 months ago Last weekend, Grace participated in the annual talent show at her school: IST's Got Talent, 2016! She did a dance with 3 other girls that she is good friends with; one of their mother's picked and choreographed the song with them. She had SO. MUCH. FUN. that it was just a total delight to...
- March 13, 2016 - On the Road Again 2 months ago Extra, Extra, Read All About It!After 8 1/2 years in East Africa, we are moving to America!Kristoffer's job is being transferred to World Bank HQ in Washington, DC and we'll be looking to buy a house in the greater DC Metro area. There will be so many wonderful perks of moving to America...and...
Contest Entries »
- Family Rules Writing Contest October 2012 When you move to a different country, the word change is completely insufficient to describe everything you experience compared to your “old life at home”. Since moving to East Africa almost five years ago and making another international move...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Tanzania Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Tanzania!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on Life in Dar
14:19 PM October 21, 2012
Love your blog Lisa!!!
00:42 AM October 22, 2012
One of my favorite blogs to read - Excellent balance of expat perspectives and cultural insight - all while having a "real life" approach.
20:02 PM October 22, 2012
21:02 PM October 22, 2012
Great blog with awesome insights, fun times and struggles of how one American/Danish family lives in Tanzania.
23:55 PM October 22, 2012
So interesting on so many topics: parenting, ex-pat daily living, African culture, travel, politics, etc. Always entertaining and real!
09:00 AM October 23, 2012
I first read your blog in 2008. I find you focused and that you have kept your writing clear, easy to read and relate to . This has made your blog very engaging at all times. Thank you Lisa.
16:40 PM October 28, 2012
LOVE this blog! Very funny, very personal, and very well-written....
20:24 PM October 31, 2012
If it were not for Lisa Welsein's blog her many fiends and relatives would spend several years worrying instead, we know she and the family are fine and as a bonus we have all learned a great deal about South Africa that may not be learned from a text book no matter how many you read. This blog is simply amazing, educational, funny, heartwarming and informative and while it is personal - it should, be picked up by some publisher so readers, in addition to friends and relatives, might have the benefit and privilege of this extraordinay narrative! I guess you might say I like it - NO I LOVE IT!!!