Life in Dar
Latest Blog Posts »
- March 7, 2014 - Before/After...Nesting New Bedrooms 1 day ago A big part of my nesting instincts this pregnancy has been redoing Grace's room to become "Grace & Noah's Room" and Noah's room to become "The Baby's Room". Mostly I just re-purposed stuff we already had but we did buy a couple of new-to-us pieces of furniture and we had a brand new set of bunk...
- March 6, 2014 - Fastelavn 2 days ago This past Friday February 28th was another Fastelavn celebration at the Nordic School. Flashback to last year here...but why didn't anybody tell me that I spelled the holiday wrong back then?! Anyway, our kids were not as into dressing up this year. Noah wouldn't wear anything other than...
- March 5, 2014 - Taking a Tour 3 days ago This week we received notification that Grace has met all admissions requirements to start attending kindergarten at the International School of Tanganyika (IST) next year. She is NOT yet admitted because they won't know how many spaces are available until mid-April (after the pre-school kids at...
- March 4, 2014 - Showered with Love 4 days ago Two Saturdays ago, my friends surprised me (with some help from Kristoffer...who can REALLY keep a secret!) with a lovely brunch to celebrate the BBG's imminent arrival. I was so, so surprised: had not taken a shower that morning, had just come from Grace's swimming lesson, and was sent to run...
- March 3, 2014 - Friends of Friends 5 days ago When we lived in Nairobi, we had a lot of visitors. Pretty often we had people stay with us who we had never met before - friends of friends...sometimes even friends of friends of friends! And in the end they became our friends, and we have met a lot of really cool and interesting people this...
Contest Entries »
- Family Rules Writing Contest October 2012 When you move to a different country, the word change is completely insufficient to describe everything you experience compared to your “old life at home”. Since moving to East Africa almost five years ago and making another international move...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Tanzania Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Tanzania!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on Life in Dar
14:19 PM October 21, 2012
Love your blog Lisa!!!
00:42 AM October 22, 2012
One of my favorite blogs to read - Excellent balance of expat perspectives and cultural insight - all while having a "real life" approach.
20:02 PM October 22, 2012
21:02 PM October 22, 2012
Great blog with awesome insights, fun times and struggles of how one American/Danish family lives in Tanzania.
23:55 PM October 22, 2012
So interesting on so many topics: parenting, ex-pat daily living, African culture, travel, politics, etc. Always entertaining and real!
09:00 AM October 23, 2012
I first read your blog in 2008. I find you focused and that you have kept your writing clear, easy to read and relate to . This has made your blog very engaging at all times. Thank you Lisa.
16:40 PM October 28, 2012
LOVE this blog! Very funny, very personal, and very well-written....
20:24 PM October 31, 2012
If it were not for Lisa Welsein's blog her many fiends and relatives would spend several years worrying instead, we know she and the family are fine and as a bonus we have all learned a great deal about South Africa that may not be learned from a text book no matter how many you read. This blog is simply amazing, educational, funny, heartwarming and informative and while it is personal - it should, be picked up by some publisher so readers, in addition to friends and relatives, might have the benefit and privilege of this extraordinay narrative! I guess you might say I like it - NO I LOVE IT!!!