Latest Blog Posts »
- Driving in Dublin 1 year ago If there is one thing you should know about the inner city and suburbs of Dublin, is that majority of roads are all single lane, so you are going nowhere in a hurry!!!It's Single lanes, with a cycle lane to the left - Cyclist are a law unto themselves, but then again so are pedestrians and Motor...
- Spotted on the Internet today ... #July13-2015 2 years ago http://www.brenontheroad.com/A blog about travelling - and a really cool article on Bulgaria, will have to explore!!!
- Was Rene Zellweger abducted by Aliens and an imposter taken over? 2 years ago I just think there is no way someone can change their looks so drastically, even the eyes are different and normally when someone changes their face, you can still recognize them from their eyes. Has she perhaps been kidnapped and held hostage while someone else claims her fame? Was she...
- Why people leave South Africa .... 2 years ago Note: I am not writing this post to stir up a hornets nest or to be hung out and lambasted because of what I say, these are just my own thoughts on leaving South Africa. I am not a proffessional writer and my thoughts maybe all over the place. Before I go into my reasons that I think people leave...
- Priceless things my Daughter has said over the years ..... #Emily 2 years ago Emily recently celebrated her 12th birthday and I was thinking about priceless things she had said growing up and here are a few.#1. When we lived in an apartmet block in Milltown on the 3rd floor and she was about 3 years old, I asked her to go and call the lift which was right out side our...
Contest Entries »
- Top 10 things to DO & NOT DO on St. Patrick’s Day in Ireland Writing Contest March 2013 Top 10 things to DO and NOT DO on St. Patrick ’s Day in IRELAND (or any other day you may be in Ireland). céad míle fáilte (a hundred thousand welcomes) Irish are very welcoming and warm people and love tourists, even those that never go...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 11 reviews on Glory Days...
21:23 PM March 11, 2013
Yes I really love this blog, and I recon it should be seriously in the finals, and I think it will/should win the prize.
07:57 AM March 12, 2013
Great blog Rosie. Keep it up and good luck.
08:12 AM March 12, 2013
What a great way to get loss souls all over the world together, for whatever reason we had to leave the country we call home, we need to know how others have coped, great work and I hope you win.
12:13 PM October 23, 2013
I love the interview- I can see that you, Rose are a peoples person, like I am. My home language is Afrikaans- however i teach English First Additional for grades 10 and 11 at a FET College. I am going to visit my sisters" son who lives in Ballina CO Mayo. This will be my third visit to Ierland!!! I find the Irish friendly and warm. I would love to meet you and your husband- I might bring biltong with? Best regards. Dirk Vermeulen
14:07 PM February 24, 2014
Very interesting and informative. But is there anyone out there that can assist me as a single Mom to immigrate to South Ireland with my Child, I have already been ripped off by one Company in South Africa that gave me false hope and still took my money. Anyone please!
12:11 PM February 08, 2015
Hey hey hoe ganit? Might I pick your brain? My husband is a Unix systems developer. My friend in Cork offered me a job but with a four year old and five year old it would be best if he finds a job too. What do you reckon the chances are? Any advice? Loves from jhb x nickie
17:44 PM April 08, 2015
Dirk Vermeulen you never left any contact details please do and next time you in Ireland would love to meet you!
23:14 PM April 08, 2015
Good day Rose. Trust you are doing well. Thanks for the blog. My wife and I am looking at immigrating to Ireland from SA. But we are not sure where to start, do I apply for work from here or do I nee to be there? I have a couple of other questions. Is it possible for you to get hold of me on email email@example.com Thank you
13:36 PM April 15, 2015
Hi Rose, Firstly, only found your blog today and have to say, after thinking about it for a long time, I think I am finally ready to start the process. My husband and I are looking to come to Ireland, but we are unsure of the process. how would we get started? please contact me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org thank you!
16:45 PM April 16, 2015
If you have any questions please leave a message on my blog or email me at Rose-Marie . Rowe @ live . ie as I don't often visit this page.
17:29 PM March 13, 2016
Really enjoyed stumbling across your page and would love to get into contact with you RE immigration to Dublin from sunny Jozi!