Expat Life With a Double Buggy
Latest Blog Posts »
- Where to Meet People When You Are The New Expat on the Block 6 days ago There's no getting away from it - this is moving season. The time of year when expats leave and expat arrive. A time for hellos and goodbyes.Moving to a new country, away from family and friends, away from a life you have built up takes a lot of courage. It can be thrilling, there is no doubt about...
- The 9 Steps to a Perfect Dutch Birthday Circle Party 1 week ago The dreaded Dutch birthday circle was the topic of a recent exchange on Twitter. It's often the topic of conversation in the expat corridors of the Netherlands. And there's a good reason for it.For the buitenlanders among us the Dutch birthday party can be excruciatingly painful, tedious or...
- The July 2015 Expat Life Linky 2 weeks ago It's that time again folks! It's time to link up your most thought provoking, funny or informative new expat blog post or give an old classic a bit of a polish to set it in the limelight once more.Last month's link up was the biggest to date and I hope that we can keep growing this #ExpatLifeLinky...
- 8 Things the Dutch do Better than the English 2 weeks ago I've been here a long time in the Netherlands now and I have learnt that there are some things that the Dutch do well. In fact there are a lot of things the Dutch do well.Here are eight things that the Dutch could specifically teach the English a thing or two about......1. How to Celebrate...
- Nobody Told Me Culture Shock Could Be So Debilitating 3 weeks ago In September I will have been here in the Netherlands for fifteen years. Fifteen years. That's no mean feat, even if I do say so myself.These days I struggle with my identity on an almost daily basis - I'm stuck somewhere in the middle between learning to be Dutch and naturally being British. It's...
Contest Entries »
- Top 8 Must Buy Items For Expats in The Netherlands Writing Contest March 2013 You can’t buy happiness but as an expat you can buy eight items that will help you get the most out of living in the Netherlands. A Bike There is no doubt whatsoever that the Dutch are cycling nuts. You could sum the locals up with “I...
- Letting Go of the Career Ladder Working Abroad Taking a step back in your career is never a satisfying move, but if the fact that you don’t speak the local language limits your job opportunities and you need to survive, sometimes you have no choice. I know that firsthand. When I moved to the...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 20 reviews on Expat Life With a Double Buggy
14:09 PM October 24, 2012
Nice and very familiar bunch of stories (",) grabbed from day-to-day experiences when living in another country than the one you were born in with a rather big family. All very entertaining stories!
20:05 PM October 24, 2012
I love laughing and nodding along to this blog. Gives a great insight to being a parent in Holland especially from an expats point of view. Witty, honest and amusing, this is a must read for expat parents everywhere!
20:19 PM October 24, 2012
Familiar bemusement - culture shocks/surprises/tips from the perspective of a mummy on foreign soil. Makes me smile and makes me think.
19:52 PM October 25, 2012
Gentle, thought provoking and varied - and reactions I recognize even with just a single buggy...
21:34 PM October 25, 2012
I love reading this blog! I find I can really identify with a lot of things, having been an expat parent in the Netherlands. Keep up the good work!
11:26 AM October 26, 2012
I thoroughly enjoy reading Amanda's blog! So many things I relate to and I love that she can put it into words. I'm a huge fan!
09:38 AM October 29, 2012
I find Amanda's blogs a funny and interesting insight into the life of an expat. I look forward to the next installment.
15:08 PM November 02, 2012
Always fun to read!
12:46 PM November 07, 2012
As an expat and a mother myself I love to read about life in the Netherlands from Amanda's perspective. Amanda's blog makes me feel reassured that expat life is often the same no matter the country. A funny and original read.
13:52 PM November 07, 2012
Just smiling all the time... all so familiar! Well done!
13:54 PM November 07, 2012
Very well put into words. Nice views from "others" living in the Netherlands.
18:21 PM November 07, 2012
Very interesting issues!!! Keep up the good work Amanda!! Tnks D.
22:14 PM November 08, 2012
I really appreciate all the ...Double Buggy posts. Very timely and it covers a lot of concerns/thoughts/feelings/issues that have been popping up for me lately.
12:18 PM November 10, 2012
Amanda is such a good writer and I love reading her posts. It's interesting for me to see things from her perspective. I'm living in her home country - a country foreign to me and she is living in a country foreign to her. We are both doing the same thing and we both have young children and are bringing them up in a culture that is not our own, but rather our 'adopted' culture. Excellent blog to follow.
07:51 AM November 21, 2012
Interesting, funny and ... makes me think:-)
09:39 AM November 22, 2012
I love this blog. As an expat and now a mother, this is essential reading. Totally relatable.
10:33 AM November 24, 2012
I just simply love Amanda's writing! She's funny, genuine, smart and just always a great read on her blog!
14:06 PM December 01, 2012
This never fails to deliver a smile on my face regularly and can totally empathise( and sympathise!) the trials and tribulations of living abroad through my time living in France. Keep up the great work!
19:19 PM December 01, 2012
Just love this blog!
10:02 AM December 05, 2012
As someone who has just become an expat parent myself I find Amanda's blog very useful. It helps me know what I'm getting into as time goes on.