Expat Life With a Double Buggy
Latest Blog Posts »
- Knocked Up Abroad Again Book Available 2 months ago When a mother is born it's a beautiful thing. When she's living abroad that experience is something even more - beautiful but also scary, funny, mystifying and certainly a journey full of bumps in the road and cultural (mis)adventures.That's what our book 'Knocked Up Abroad Again' is all about -...
- Dear Britain, It's Not You It's Me 3 months ago Dear Britain,It's not you it's me.Actually that's a lie. It's a little bit you. Well, actually, it's a lot you. And a little bit me.Britain, I just don't love you anymore.The last few months have been a turbulent time in our relationship. It's hit rock bottom if I'm honest. You forced me into the...
- 5 Ways to Embrace a Dutch December 5 months ago December in the Netherlands means ferrying the children to school in near-darkness and evenings that draw in early. The temperatures take a nosedive and there’s every chance that snow will form a blanket over this little land. But a Dutch December certainly doesn’t spell doom and gloom. Winter...
- 10 Reasons To Love Being Knocked Up in the Netherlands 8 months ago Being pregnant anywhere is a mixed bag of emotions from elation to sickness. Raising children abroad is both amazing and challenging wrapped up in one awkward shaped parcel. If you are knocked up in the Netherlands though you have many reasons to count yourself lucky. Here are ten.1. Pregnancy is...
- Gone Dutch and Now What? 7 months ago Last Wednesday Dutch nationality was bestowed upon me. And given that I can now call myself both British and Dutch it is no longer applicable to call myself an expat. Which is a bit of a buggar when your blog is called Expat Life with a Double Buggy. "Ex-expat with no Double Buggy' is more...
Contest Entries »
- Top 8 Must Buy Items For Expats in The Netherlands Writing Contest March 2013 You can’t buy happiness but as an expat you can buy eight items that will help you get the most out of living in the Netherlands. A Bike There is no doubt whatsoever that the Dutch are cycling nuts. You could sum the locals up with “I...
- Letting Go of the Career Ladder Working Abroad Taking a step back in your career is never a satisfying move, but if the fact that you don’t speak the local language limits your job opportunities and you need to survive, sometimes you have no choice. I know that firsthand. When I moved to the...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 20 reviews on Expat Life With a Double Buggy
14:09 PM October 24, 2012
Nice and very familiar bunch of stories (",) grabbed from day-to-day experiences when living in another country than the one you were born in with a rather big family. All very entertaining stories!
20:05 PM October 24, 2012
I love laughing and nodding along to this blog. Gives a great insight to being a parent in Holland especially from an expats point of view. Witty, honest and amusing, this is a must read for expat parents everywhere!
20:19 PM October 24, 2012
Familiar bemusement - culture shocks/surprises/tips from the perspective of a mummy on foreign soil. Makes me smile and makes me think.
19:52 PM October 25, 2012
Gentle, thought provoking and varied - and reactions I recognize even with just a single buggy...
21:34 PM October 25, 2012
I love reading this blog! I find I can really identify with a lot of things, having been an expat parent in the Netherlands. Keep up the good work!
11:26 AM October 26, 2012
I thoroughly enjoy reading Amanda's blog! So many things I relate to and I love that she can put it into words. I'm a huge fan!
09:38 AM October 29, 2012
I find Amanda's blogs a funny and interesting insight into the life of an expat. I look forward to the next installment.
15:08 PM November 02, 2012
Always fun to read!
12:46 PM November 07, 2012
As an expat and a mother myself I love to read about life in the Netherlands from Amanda's perspective. Amanda's blog makes me feel reassured that expat life is often the same no matter the country. A funny and original read.
13:52 PM November 07, 2012
Just smiling all the time... all so familiar! Well done!
13:54 PM November 07, 2012
Very well put into words. Nice views from "others" living in the Netherlands.
18:21 PM November 07, 2012
Very interesting issues!!! Keep up the good work Amanda!! Tnks D.
22:14 PM November 08, 2012
I really appreciate all the ...Double Buggy posts. Very timely and it covers a lot of concerns/thoughts/feelings/issues that have been popping up for me lately.
12:18 PM November 10, 2012
Amanda is such a good writer and I love reading her posts. It's interesting for me to see things from her perspective. I'm living in her home country - a country foreign to me and she is living in a country foreign to her. We are both doing the same thing and we both have young children and are bringing them up in a culture that is not our own, but rather our 'adopted' culture. Excellent blog to follow.
07:51 AM November 21, 2012
Interesting, funny and ... makes me think:-)
09:39 AM November 22, 2012
I love this blog. As an expat and now a mother, this is essential reading. Totally relatable.
10:33 AM November 24, 2012
I just simply love Amanda's writing! She's funny, genuine, smart and just always a great read on her blog!
14:06 PM December 01, 2012
This never fails to deliver a smile on my face regularly and can totally empathise( and sympathise!) the trials and tribulations of living abroad through my time living in France. Keep up the great work!
19:19 PM December 01, 2012
Just love this blog!
10:02 AM December 05, 2012
As someone who has just become an expat parent myself I find Amanda's blog very useful. It helps me know what I'm getting into as time goes on.