American girl in Holland
Latest Blog Posts »
- Going Home 11 months ago Going HomeFive years ago a twist of fate was put right into our path of life, a company from The Netherlands was recruiting my husband and they were pushing pretty hard. We did all sorts of research, asked family and close friends how everyone felt about us leaving and moving overseas, and...
- The Gardens of Versailles 11 months ago The Gardens of VersaillesThe Front of the Versailles PalaceTo the west of the Palace of Versailles, lies 800 hectares of land that has been cleared, trimmed, trained, artistically designed and lovingly cared for by the gardeners of Versailles. Beginning with principal gardener Andre’ Le Norte,...
- PSV wins Dutch Football League 11 months ago Eindhoven "de Gekste"Eindhoven the Craziest !!When I was moving from The Netherlands back to America, my friends gave me a bag called Eindhoven de gekste! And that's what happened a few days ago when Eindhoven PSV football team clinched the Dutch title! I just wanted to give a shout out to the...
- The Palace of Versailles ~ Château de Versailles 11 months ago From hunting lodge to the museum of history for France, The Palace of Versailles, was my last bucket item to see while having the privilege of living in Europe. On our trip to Paris, we decided to make the short drive to the city of Versailles, France to visit the famed Palace. I seriously thought...
- My Little Dutch ABC Book ~ Z 1 year ago My Little Dutch ABC BookZZwarte ~ BlackWell, being that this is the last letter of the alphabet and my last letter of My Little Dutch ABC Book, I will end this part of my blog with a controversial subject in The Netherlands. Zwarte Piet or Black Pete. In The Netherlands in November, Sinterklaas...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on American girl in Holland
08:51 AM March 25, 2013
What a great read Lisa! I love the way you present the reality with a drop of humor and always full of positivist. Even i live longer than you in NL, you always make me discover new things about Holland :)
14:30 PM March 25, 2013
Love following all your adventures. Your blog is always fun, exciting and what we all wish we were doing. Thanks for sharing.
14:38 PM March 25, 2013
Excellent Blog! Very well written. Humor and spice and everything nice equals a wonderful experience. You will feel as though you are right there in the middle of all the excitement. And, if you haven't seen, heard of, or been to some of these places...this blog will make you want to. Thanks for sharing Lisa :)
17:47 PM March 25, 2013
really makes some history come alive. nice to read
23:42 PM March 25, 2013
Lisa, you really have a way of making me feel like I am right there exploring with you. I wish I was but this blog is the next best thing! Thanks for sharing!