a little cameo
Latest Blog Posts »
- Feliz Dia from my little feminist 9 months ago A light knock on my bedroom door this morning was followed by D coming in to greet me. He flopped his lanky teen body on the bed and burrowed his head into my side. As I put my arm around him he said “Feliz Dia de La Mujer“. My earliest memories of International Women’s Day […]
- Ashes and crosses 9 months ago Today is one of the strangest days of the year in Colombia and every year it catches me off guard. On my way into the shop at lunch time today, I noticed a woman with a dirty face walking towards the shop from the other direction. She caught my attention because the only Colombians who […]
- Selso 9 months ago Tonight in the urban jungle of Bogotá I was walked home by Selso, a Kogi from the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta. Selso caused a few heads to turn in his traditional all white clothing carrying his poporo and wiping the saliva and coca leaf covered stick over it to make it grow. It’s not […]
- Seeing the insult, not the silver lining 10 months ago I had to apply for a new visa last week. It was three years since receiving my last visa and so I had forgotten about this particular niche of Colombian bureaucracy which is a jab-cross punch combination to anyone’s sanity. As per usual, the process at the visa office was fairly...
- Making Long Term Plans 11 months ago As 2016 drew to a close, Edwin and I were frantically organising the documents and their respective translations to English to start our journey to Australia. Although I’m not sure you could really call it the start of our journey to Australia. I think it actually started somewhere on the...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » a little cameo has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!