Latest Blog Posts »
- The Joy of Spanglish 4 weeks ago I love speaking Spanglish. Actually, I am not sure if that is true because most of the time I don’t even realise that I am speaking Spanglish, so can I really say that I love it? I find it very helpful to be able to speak Spanglish with friends because some words are simply better for …
- Doors and Details...San Cristobal Part 2 2 months ago Well, you may have guessed it, one blog post about the doors of San Cristobal de las Casas was simply not enough. As my days there went on, my camera filled with even more photos of doors that stopped me in my tracks. On my last day in town, I discovered a whole new fascination, …
- The Many Doors of San Cristobal de las Casas 3 months ago Those of you who have followed my blog for a while will know that I am a door fanatic. My love of doors borders close to obsession and when I am in new cities I can literally get stopped in my tracks my new doors. There are lots of things that catch my eye, the …
- 8 Foods That Are Now Part of My Mexican Diet 3 months ago It is funny that when you live in another country there comes a time when things that were once unusual are so part of your everyday life that they become normalised. Recently, a friend from England came to stay and looked in my fridge and was asking me what all the unusual foods were that she …
- Five Years of Mexico Retold 8 months ago WordPress just informed me that it has been five years since I started Mexico Retold. The little reminder got me thinking, firstly, about how it all began and secondly, about how I had no idea, on that evening in January 2011, that Mexico Retold would become such an important part of my life....
Contest Entries »
- The Way to a Country's Heart is Through its Stomach Expat Culture Shock Eating, probably one of the most important parts of the day and probably one of things that alter most when moving to another country. In Oaxaca, Mexico adapting to eating patterns can take a while. Think about how you eat. Do you buy your...
- Top 6 Spanish Words That Make me Speak Spanglish in Mexico Expat Blog Awards 2013 I have a confession to make. I used to think people who spoke Spanglish were just being lazy or worse just showing off their proficiency in both Spanish and English. However, having lived in Mexico for almost three years now, Spanglish has become my...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Mexico Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Mexico!Copy and paste code to display the Mexico Award Badge:
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Mexico Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Mexico!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 17 reviews on Mexico Retold
22:34 PM October 02, 2012
Excellent website on Mexico with a dash of the unique, the unusual and the artistic. Insightful and interesting, a well done effort by Susannah. Blog on!
21:43 PM October 03, 2012
I absolutely love this blog. Factual, insightful, a bit quirky, and a pleasure to read every time. Susannah, you are a wonderful writer! Keep it up!
02:52 AM October 04, 2012
The thing I love about Mexico Retold is that it constantly reminds me of how beautiful this country is but it does so by reminding me of how great and how amazing all the little things are. And it's those "minor" things that always end up bringing a smile to my face. Thank you! Keep on writing!
12:14 PM October 04, 2012
Mexico Retold is such a vibrant blog full of excitement and joy. I recommend all those who keep saying to me "Mexico isn't that a really dangerous place" to read this blog regularly to feel the joy and visit Mexico as soon as you can to see how wonderful it is for yourself.
19:44 PM October 04, 2012
A wonderful, colorful & inspiring outlook on a country too often bashed and dismissed by the media and the people living just minutes north of the boarder. The great articles, beautiful photography & underlying passion behind this blog keep me coming back for more!
19:39 PM October 05, 2012
Entertaining and insightful a great opportunity to get some insight into amazing and complex Mexico.
03:45 AM October 09, 2012
Mexico Retold is home to very relevant information, interesting articles and does an incredible job of sharing stories about Mexico that matter. I love the writing style and choice of stories, they always draws me in. Mexico Retold (I also love the name!) always reminds me of why I love Mexico, never a dull post, can't get enough of it! Awesome work, Susannah!
01:28 AM October 13, 2012
I love this blog! It's one of the places I go to get my Mexico fix. Susannah's love of and care for Mexico is clear. Mexico is beautiful but complex, and through her writing Susannah does a great job shining a light on the beauty and complexity. Thank you!
00:22 AM November 27, 2012
I love Mexico Retold! It's a lovely telling/retelling of what I recognize and identify in my own experience in Mexico. It is where I send those coming to visit or curious about life in this colorful and vivid country. I recommend it with my whole heart!
01:16 AM November 27, 2012
This blog teaches even experts on Mexico about the country's beauty, culture, and tradition. This is so important at a time when Mexico is talked about so negatively in terms of the drug war and illegal immigration.
01:19 AM November 27, 2012
Susannah Rigg has created in Mexico Retold a beautiful place to visit. I go often, with spaces, so I frequently find myself walking down paths rather than sitting in one spot. Like her writings on Day of the Dead week-long celebrations: something to be enjoyed leisurely. Your stay will end with a smile. :-)
08:30 AM November 27, 2012
I love this blog. I knew very little about Mexico before and this is very interesting, informative and always brightens my day. Susannah's writing style is wonderful and always leaves me wanting to know more.
08:49 AM November 27, 2012
A brilliant blend of mexican current affairs and cultural (often wonderful and spectacularly beautiful) nuggets, that if it weren't for Susannah's interest in the heart and soul of Mexico and the dedication to sharing it through this fantastic blog, I would not have had the pleasure of knowing. Keep up the great work! This blog is truly something to be proud of.
12:23 PM November 27, 2012
Wonderful blog! It always draws me in and makes me want for the next little slice of Mexico retold. Thank you!
17:44 PM December 09, 2012
No better person to help capture the wonders of Mexico and bring it to the world than Susannah. She has put together a great blog. Congrats!
04:11 AM December 10, 2012
What a wonderful blog to whisk past the popular knowledge of Mexico and onto the many flavors that make it such a special place.
17:21 PM August 02, 2014
Fantastic and totally enjoyable blot Susannah. You can taste, smell, hear, feel Mexico through your words. I have visited Mexico 6 times and have always wanted to move to live in Mexico. Your blog and advice has made up my mind. Now I just need to decide where.