Living in Penang
Latest Blog Posts »
- Trendy Lovey: new kid shop at Straits Quay 10 months ago I recently got to know Daniel Sun at Trendy Lovey while walking through Straits Quay in Tanjung Tokong. It’s a new children’s toy shop with some pretty neat new toys. There’s also a snow sand play area for younger tots and a ping pong table for older ones. My children were completely...
- 2016 Malaysia Public Holidays 1 year ago In additional to this list of public holidays you can find the 2016 Malaysia School Holiday calendar here. National and Penang Holidays are highlighted for your convenience. Date Public Holiday Applies to 01 January New Year’s Day National except Johor, Kedah, Kelantan, Perlis, Terenganu...
- 2016 Malaysia National School Holiday 1 year ago The Ministry of Education released the 2016 Malaysia School Holiday Calendar. These should be pretty definitive, but please note that these dates can change. This list plus the public holidays calendar should help you in your travel planning. Also note that the International Schools in...
- Pay Penang Parking Ticket online 1 year ago Once again, I’m revisiting an old post from years ago. Times change and things improve. Years ago I wrote about paying for the different parking tickets downtown. Since that time, the City Council of Penang Island, started a new scratch-off parking coupon system. (Recently the City...
- Gratuity in Penang revisited 1 year ago Years ago, early in my time here in Penang, I wrote an article about tipping in Penang. In summary, I put together a case for why I don’t leave a tip at every restaurant I visit when I go out to eat. I think back to those days and wonder if I made the right […] The post Gratuity in Penang...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on Living in Penang
04:00 AM May 02, 2013
I enjoy reading LIVING IN PENANG! There's a lot of good information about places on the island. Dan's posts point out many favorite tourist's spots, restaurants for good food, and even neighborhood settings. Dan writes of his own real-life situations and details he has learned while trying to settle his family on this fabulous island. He discovers and writes about every day chores ex-pats need to know for settling on the island and for even starting a business. I enjoy his photos of sites I've visited. I can also read these posts and know what it takes to feel at home as an EX-PAT family.
21:33 PM May 02, 2013
Dan has really good insight. Kudos!
02:37 AM May 03, 2013
This is an excellent look at living in another culture. Lots of tips for surviving paperwork and navigating the city and culture. Reading about the food and attractions really makes me want to visit Penang; but it also has helped me think through issues that may arrive living cross-culturally anywhere. Certain issues just don't cross your mind when you are still romanticizing about living internationally; but a blog like this serves as great help in reality and hopefully reference in the future.
15:40 PM May 22, 2013
I just found this blog, and I know I'll be coming back to it! Looks like a lot of helpful info here! Check it out!
17:06 PM May 27, 2014
Guide to parking coupons just when I wanted to know for my trip.
14:27 PM July 30, 2014
The info on US embassy stuff for babies is really helpful for me at the moment!
15:06 PM August 30, 2014
I'm an American male living in Thailand. Spent some time in KL, but yet to explore Malaysia (other then the long drive to and from KUL. Flew over the country dozens of times. Question,...can I legally have up to 4 wives living in Penang?