Latest Blog Posts »
- Broken Bone and a Trip to Urgent Care 1 day ago Poor Joe. This past weekend, he learned the hard way that gravity works :-/ Joe was riding his bicycle – a favorite gift of his from the grandparents – with his daddy running/walking close behind. As Joe put it, his...
- Jam Ma'am 3 days ago I’ve gotten into a jam-making, water-bath canning, blueberry and strawberry and blackberry craze. I grew up with a great big garden in our backyard. I will be honest with you – gardening and yard work are not my first loves. ...
- Leaky Roof Update and the Benefits of Lists 5 days ago This morning dawned bright and beautiful without any rain clouds in sight. I know that the farmers need the rain and I’m very glad we’ve gotten some, but I was hoping for a dry day today so that the roof...
- Painting is the worst, and other thoughts on home ownership 5 days ago It’s been over 3 weeks since my semi-intentional blog break. There were a few moments where I would head in the direction of the computer to work on a post, but then I’d either get distracted en route or sit...
- Vacation Recap: Orlando and Marco Island, FL 3 weeks ago We did our annual Tucker family vacation/reunion last week. This year’s destination was Florida. We spent a few days at the Marriott Grande Vista in Orlando, then drove down to stay at Marriott Crystal Shores in Marco Island. As an...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: New Zealand Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in New Zealand!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 9 reviews on Practically Perfect
11:29 AM November 16, 2012
I love Jenny's blog! I've really enjoyed reading about all of their experiences & all of the pictures she posts!
19:34 PM November 16, 2012
I'm moving to New Zealand as a nurse...not only has Jenny been super helpful but her blog has tons of information! I don't know what I would have done without the friends I have met through blogging. Way to go Jenny!
20:03 PM November 16, 2012
I "met" Jenny through her blog while considering a move to New Zealand. She was very warm and friendly when I contacted her about the move. After arriving in NZ, Jenny sent me ideas of places to go and things to do with my kids. I was able to meet Jenny a couple times and she is such a lovely person. Although it would be impossible for her prepare me for everything an expat faces, she helped me a lot, and made me feel like I had a friend before I even arrived.
21:39 PM November 16, 2012
Really enjoy reading Jenny's blog and "discovering" new places along with her and her family.
03:28 AM November 18, 2012
While I am not considering a move to NZ, I have definitely added NZ to my list of places to visit thanks to Jenny's blog! I enjoy reading what she has to say just as a fellow mom and learning about NZ has made her posts that much more interesting.
10:59 AM November 19, 2012
I'm a Kiwi who became friends with Jenny initially through her blog and then in real life because of mutual American friends here. She has a gift for writing that engages the reader through her insights, pictures and funny stories which are enhanced by her clear writing style. I appreciate how she covers both the positive and negative things about life here in NZ as an ex-pat and I've found it really interesting reading about NZ from that perspective :)
11:21 AM November 20, 2012
I have been to New Zealand only once. It wasGreat job Jenny for the birth of my grandson Joe, Jenny's son. I am of course predijudce however Jenny is a great writer. Being so far from Jenny, Chris and Joe, I always read her blog, hungry for information about her life and the life of her family.A great way to keep in touch. Great Job Jenny!
01:03 AM November 21, 2012
Love Jenny's Blog! My husband and I loved our time spent in New Zealand, and reading Jenny's blog reminds me of what a truly Awesome country New Zealand is. I enjoy seeing all the pictures and and reading about the experiences that Jenny posts. Great job Jenny!
20:35 PM July 29, 2013
Hi Jenny, My name is Anna. I'm an RN in Portland, OR. I also am a 1st time mum. My husband and I both agree we want to move to New Zealand or Australia in the next few years. I am looking forward to following you. So glad to found someone so similar to myself! Thank you for sharing your experiences! Anna