Latest Blog Posts »
- Simple and Decadent Banana Pudding 4 months ago One of my earliest memories of dating Chris is of the two of us making a meal together. During the process, I set out some fish and asked him to “smother” them in butter. We were just getting to know...
- Nurse Practitioner School - Making the Decision 4 months ago Making the decision to go back to school for my nurse practitioner (NP) degree wasn’t an easy one. My plan had always been to work as a nurse for a year or two, then go to grad school part-time while...
- August 2018 4 months ago August has been a full month. It was rewarding for me to have some time between semesters to relax, see family, spend time with friends, and do nothing. Joe has enjoyed going to summer camp and we’ve taken a family...
- Happy Birthday, Joe 5 months ago Two weeks ago, our oldest child turned 6 years old. I know that everyone says “time flies”, but I truly didn’t realize how swiftly time zooms by until I had children. Suddenly, I found myself measuring the days and years...
- It's hard to grow up. 7 months ago My mother used to say “it’s hard to grow up”. This was typically after one of her children had bonked their head or fallen down or had experienced a consequence for some undesirable behavior. I’ve found myself saying it to...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: New Zealand Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in New Zealand!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 9 reviews on Practically Perfect
11:29 AM November 16, 2012
I love Jenny's blog! I've really enjoyed reading about all of their experiences & all of the pictures she posts!
19:34 PM November 16, 2012
I'm moving to New Zealand as a nurse...not only has Jenny been super helpful but her blog has tons of information! I don't know what I would have done without the friends I have met through blogging. Way to go Jenny!
20:03 PM November 16, 2012
I "met" Jenny through her blog while considering a move to New Zealand. She was very warm and friendly when I contacted her about the move. After arriving in NZ, Jenny sent me ideas of places to go and things to do with my kids. I was able to meet Jenny a couple times and she is such a lovely person. Although it would be impossible for her prepare me for everything an expat faces, she helped me a lot, and made me feel like I had a friend before I even arrived.
21:39 PM November 16, 2012
Really enjoy reading Jenny's blog and "discovering" new places along with her and her family.
03:28 AM November 18, 2012
While I am not considering a move to NZ, I have definitely added NZ to my list of places to visit thanks to Jenny's blog! I enjoy reading what she has to say just as a fellow mom and learning about NZ has made her posts that much more interesting.
10:59 AM November 19, 2012
I'm a Kiwi who became friends with Jenny initially through her blog and then in real life because of mutual American friends here. She has a gift for writing that engages the reader through her insights, pictures and funny stories which are enhanced by her clear writing style. I appreciate how she covers both the positive and negative things about life here in NZ as an ex-pat and I've found it really interesting reading about NZ from that perspective :)
11:21 AM November 20, 2012
I have been to New Zealand only once. It wasGreat job Jenny for the birth of my grandson Joe, Jenny's son. I am of course predijudce however Jenny is a great writer. Being so far from Jenny, Chris and Joe, I always read her blog, hungry for information about her life and the life of her family.A great way to keep in touch. Great Job Jenny!
01:03 AM November 21, 2012
Love Jenny's Blog! My husband and I loved our time spent in New Zealand, and reading Jenny's blog reminds me of what a truly Awesome country New Zealand is. I enjoy seeing all the pictures and and reading about the experiences that Jenny posts. Great job Jenny!
20:35 PM July 29, 2013
Hi Jenny, My name is Anna. I'm an RN in Portland, OR. I also am a 1st time mum. My husband and I both agree we want to move to New Zealand or Australia in the next few years. I am looking forward to following you. So glad to found someone so similar to myself! Thank you for sharing your experiences! Anna