Latest Blog Posts »
- Giving Your Children 5 Minutes 1 week ago It’s a cool-ish morning here in Williamsburg. The sky is overcast and they’re predicting rain later this afternoon. I’m home with Joe and Jack and all 3 of us have some variation of a cold. Jack is – amazingly –...
- Baking with Kiddos 2 weeks ago I’ve written before about how much I enjoy baking with my kids. It’s such a great activity for us to do together – perfect for days when we can’t get outdoors for one reason or another. Yesterday was one of...
- Giving In to Internal Alarm Clocks and a Job Search Update 2 weeks ago It’s 5:15am and I’m up at the computer on a Tuesday. I’ve been awake since just after 4am and, rather than fight it, decided to get out of bed and make a cup of tea. I’ve been waking up just...
- You know it's Fall... 3 weeks ago The official start to Autum was several days ago. It was cold, even here in Williamsburg, and I had to dig out some long pants for the boys and a sweatshirt for myself. But it didn’t feel like the true...
- Making the transition... in more ways than one 4 weeks ago It’s been tricky to make the transition from a “New Zealand” blog to being a US-based blog once again. For starters, I still get Twitter mentions and am nominated for being a “top international blog”. I have to gently remind...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: New Zealand Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in New Zealand!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 9 reviews on Practically Perfect
11:29 AM November 16, 2012
I love Jenny's blog! I've really enjoyed reading about all of their experiences & all of the pictures she posts!
19:34 PM November 16, 2012
I'm moving to New Zealand as a nurse...not only has Jenny been super helpful but her blog has tons of information! I don't know what I would have done without the friends I have met through blogging. Way to go Jenny!
20:03 PM November 16, 2012
I "met" Jenny through her blog while considering a move to New Zealand. She was very warm and friendly when I contacted her about the move. After arriving in NZ, Jenny sent me ideas of places to go and things to do with my kids. I was able to meet Jenny a couple times and she is such a lovely person. Although it would be impossible for her prepare me for everything an expat faces, she helped me a lot, and made me feel like I had a friend before I even arrived.
21:39 PM November 16, 2012
Really enjoy reading Jenny's blog and "discovering" new places along with her and her family.
03:28 AM November 18, 2012
While I am not considering a move to NZ, I have definitely added NZ to my list of places to visit thanks to Jenny's blog! I enjoy reading what she has to say just as a fellow mom and learning about NZ has made her posts that much more interesting.
10:59 AM November 19, 2012
I'm a Kiwi who became friends with Jenny initially through her blog and then in real life because of mutual American friends here. She has a gift for writing that engages the reader through her insights, pictures and funny stories which are enhanced by her clear writing style. I appreciate how she covers both the positive and negative things about life here in NZ as an ex-pat and I've found it really interesting reading about NZ from that perspective :)
11:21 AM November 20, 2012
I have been to New Zealand only once. It wasGreat job Jenny for the birth of my grandson Joe, Jenny's son. I am of course predijudce however Jenny is a great writer. Being so far from Jenny, Chris and Joe, I always read her blog, hungry for information about her life and the life of her family.A great way to keep in touch. Great Job Jenny!
01:03 AM November 21, 2012
Love Jenny's Blog! My husband and I loved our time spent in New Zealand, and reading Jenny's blog reminds me of what a truly Awesome country New Zealand is. I enjoy seeing all the pictures and and reading about the experiences that Jenny posts. Great job Jenny!
20:35 PM July 29, 2013
Hi Jenny, My name is Anna. I'm an RN in Portland, OR. I also am a 1st time mum. My husband and I both agree we want to move to New Zealand or Australia in the next few years. I am looking forward to following you. So glad to found someone so similar to myself! Thank you for sharing your experiences! Anna