Latest Blog Posts »
- December 2014 3 months ago It’s been such a great month, this past December. I turned 34 years old. Chris and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary. We had Christmas in our own home for the first time. Such fun! It’s been a busy month,...
- Starting Daycare, New Wheels, and Hearing Truth 4 months ago We went out this weekend and bought ourselves a 2nd vehicle. It was pretty clear that, with me starting full-time employment, we needed another car. After doing a lot of research regarding the best small, fuel-efficient vehicles, we went with...
- "A Fresh Take: New Zealand" Calender and 20% Off Discount Code 4 months ago A few weeks back, I was contacted by David Hammond from FreshTake Publishers. Turns out, we had a couple of things in common. For one, we both have lived/live in New Zealand. David’s wife is an American (like me), named...
- Monday Post 4 months ago I see articles like this and I’m reminded once again of one of the reasons why we moved back to the USA. We definitely got a little flak from people, both in-person and online, for choosing to move out of...
- Thankful 5 months ago I’m so thankful – I was offered (and I accepted) a new job last Thursday evening. I’m excited about this job for so many reasons – the opportunity to focus on prevention and primary medicine, being able to help and...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: New Zealand Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in New Zealand!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 9 reviews on Practically Perfect
11:29 AM November 16, 2012
I love Jenny's blog! I've really enjoyed reading about all of their experiences & all of the pictures she posts!
19:34 PM November 16, 2012
I'm moving to New Zealand as a nurse...not only has Jenny been super helpful but her blog has tons of information! I don't know what I would have done without the friends I have met through blogging. Way to go Jenny!
20:03 PM November 16, 2012
I "met" Jenny through her blog while considering a move to New Zealand. She was very warm and friendly when I contacted her about the move. After arriving in NZ, Jenny sent me ideas of places to go and things to do with my kids. I was able to meet Jenny a couple times and she is such a lovely person. Although it would be impossible for her prepare me for everything an expat faces, she helped me a lot, and made me feel like I had a friend before I even arrived.
21:39 PM November 16, 2012
Really enjoy reading Jenny's blog and "discovering" new places along with her and her family.
03:28 AM November 18, 2012
While I am not considering a move to NZ, I have definitely added NZ to my list of places to visit thanks to Jenny's blog! I enjoy reading what she has to say just as a fellow mom and learning about NZ has made her posts that much more interesting.
10:59 AM November 19, 2012
I'm a Kiwi who became friends with Jenny initially through her blog and then in real life because of mutual American friends here. She has a gift for writing that engages the reader through her insights, pictures and funny stories which are enhanced by her clear writing style. I appreciate how she covers both the positive and negative things about life here in NZ as an ex-pat and I've found it really interesting reading about NZ from that perspective :)
11:21 AM November 20, 2012
I have been to New Zealand only once. It wasGreat job Jenny for the birth of my grandson Joe, Jenny's son. I am of course predijudce however Jenny is a great writer. Being so far from Jenny, Chris and Joe, I always read her blog, hungry for information about her life and the life of her family.A great way to keep in touch. Great Job Jenny!
01:03 AM November 21, 2012
Love Jenny's Blog! My husband and I loved our time spent in New Zealand, and reading Jenny's blog reminds me of what a truly Awesome country New Zealand is. I enjoy seeing all the pictures and and reading about the experiences that Jenny posts. Great job Jenny!
20:35 PM July 29, 2013
Hi Jenny, My name is Anna. I'm an RN in Portland, OR. I also am a 1st time mum. My husband and I both agree we want to move to New Zealand or Australia in the next few years. I am looking forward to following you. So glad to found someone so similar to myself! Thank you for sharing your experiences! Anna