Dreaming in Arabic
Latest Blog Posts »
- Walking In The Alpujarras 2 weeks ago “We tend to think of landscapes as affecting us most strongly when we are in them or on them, when they offer us the primary sensations of touch and sight. But there are… Continue reading →
- Dunes, Dust, and Dreams 1 month ago “Any landscape is a condition of the spirit.” – Henri Frederic Amiel – As far as my eyes can see, dunes ripple towards the horizon in a vast ocean of sand. A full… Continue reading →
- Where It All Started 1 month ago “Adventure is a path. Real adventure – self-determined, self-motivated, often risky – forces you to have first-hand encounters with the world. The world the way it is, not the way you imagine it.… Continue reading →
- Finding Solitude - The Buddhist Retreat Centre, Ixopo, South Africa 2 months ago The mist, like a gauzy veil, hung suspended between air and earth, as I made my way towards my bed after Evening Meditation. In it, solid forms dissolved and became liquid energy. Behind… Continue reading →
- Bayn: The In-Between 2 months ago “The drive for change on a physical level in the United Arab Emirates has created a parallel shift socially and culturally. As the landscape began to change, so did the mindsets, the native… Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- Top 10 Archaeological Sites in the UAE Expat Blog Awards 2013 The United Arab Emirates is known for its glitzy, modern buildings and a lifestyle and culture that often make claims of ‘the best’, ‘the biggest’, or ‘the tallest’. Even though it is a clever marketing ploy for luring tourists and their...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Dreaming in Arabic
16:56 PM September 21, 2013
This blog features some of the most outstanding photos I've seen of the UAE as well as Oman and other fascinating places the blogger has travelled to. But what makes it a 5 star blog is that the beauty of the words match that of the pictures. Well and truly worth a visit - but allow yourself a couple of hours!