Dreaming in Arabic
Latest Blog Posts »
- Introducing "A Taste of Freedom" 1 week ago We have always known that, one day, we will have to leave the United Arab Emirates. Visas are tied to jobs and sponsors, and no matter how long one lives here, eventually one… Continue reading →
- A Brief Stopover in Bangkok 3 months ago The people who jostled for space in front of the gates of Bangkok’s Grand Palace, shortly before opening time, were entertained by a rather sturdy Thai woman with short hair, and a no-nonsense attitude.… Continue reading →
- Myanmar: The Land of Green Ghosts 3 months ago “If someone was murdered or died in an accident, this was categorised as a ‘raw death’. The belief was that the deceased would become a ‘green ghost’ – the most feared of all… Continue reading →
- A Magical Day in Mandalay 3 months ago “How dreary it would be if you could go everywhere and do everything. There would be nothing left to dream about, and dreaming, in my view, is often the best part of travel… Continue reading →
- The Timeless Beauty of Bagan 4 months ago “There are experiences of landscape that will always resist articulation, and of which words offer only a remote echo.” – Robert Macfarlane – I gawk at the faded murals, and feel a wild… Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- Top 10 Archaeological Sites in the UAE Expat Blog Awards 2013 The United Arab Emirates is known for its glitzy, modern buildings and a lifestyle and culture that often make claims of ‘the best’, ‘the biggest’, or ‘the tallest’. Even though it is a clever marketing ploy for luring tourists and their...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Dreaming in Arabic
16:56 PM September 21, 2013
This blog features some of the most outstanding photos I've seen of the UAE as well as Oman and other fascinating places the blogger has travelled to. But what makes it a 5 star blog is that the beauty of the words match that of the pictures. Well and truly worth a visit - but allow yourself a couple of hours!