Latest Blog Posts »
- Searching for Grey in a Black and White World 1 year ago “This is lovely writing but I’m afraid it’s a little too quiet for us.” The “us” was a popular and well-respected website. I was happy of course, to have a personal response from the busy editor but it still stung, … Continue reading →
- Words to Stop Using to Make America Great Again 1 year ago It’s been a while since I’ve published an old-fashioned blog post. This one’s just for you, loyal reader, who is still here after my long silences. I will not shop it to another site. I will not try to make some universal point … Continue reading →
- My first (and probably last) post ever on politics 1 year ago I've never posted anything blatantly political before because, quite frankly, politics is depressing. It's divisive. It's complicated. And I usually don't follow it closely enough to feel like I can form a truly educated opinion. But the US primaries are different. You can't not read about it. You...
- Under Construction 2 years ago Hello friends. WordPress tells me it’s been 8 months since my last post. That feels like a long time. In those 8 months I’ve done some soul searching, a lot of practical (yet sometimes dull) writing, and an embarrassing amount of … Continue reading →
- What I Learned About Life and Motherhood When I Went Back to Work 2 years ago It's helped me to see that the role of mother isn't weighted differently depending on circumstances. Having 4 kids doesn't make you more of a mother than having 1. Working at home doesn't make you more of a mother than working in an office. Presence doesn't always equal the amount of hours you are...
Contest Entries »
- The Top 8 Ideas Worth Adopting from the Chinese Expat Blog Awards 2013 You may have heard the pollution in Shanghai recently has been literally, off the charts. We have been watching as buildings disappear from our front window into the thick yellowish grey sludge as the "Air Quality Index" rose from severely polluted...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Avery Adventures has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!