4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
Latest Blog Posts »
- It's Not Real Life 10 hours ago The kids had a question. They’d watched a story on the ABC about a Pakistani girl going to a white bred, middle class Australian school where she’d been bullied about her head scarf and skin colour. “Mum, was it like that when you went to school in Australia?” “I can’t remember anyone...
- Big Lives Little Lives 1 day ago I was in the shower while the four little travellers were scattered around the house. One in the spare room eating carrots while playing on his iPod. Another on the landing upstairs reading a book while wearing headphones, and the two others downstairs making hot chocolates with the new milk...
- How Lucky You Are - To Choose What You Will See 5 days ago It wasn’t a baby or toddler group, but it could have been mistaken for one. We were in Libya and I’d been invited for a coffee at a friend’s house. The group was the usual expat mishmash of nationalities; our host Palestinian, many of the women from various parts of the Middle East, as well...
- Be Careful What You Wish For 1 week ago This paragraph was brought to you by the letter W. The weather has been terrible, with the three W’s featuring prominently – Wet, Windy and Wild. We had a solitary day of sunshine and blue skies over the weekend but for the most part I’ve listened as the waves have crashed and the wind has...
- I Lost My Shit 1 week ago It’s fair to say I lost my shit. It wasn’t that I screamed the house down and stamped my feet, it was scarier than that. Something just snapped, maybe it was the hot water running out, the rain falling on the washing I’d hung on the line (again) or the perpetual poo stain in the […]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Qatar Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Qatar!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on 4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
04:53 AM October 05, 2012
If you're an expat there is no other blog I can think of that captures every topic, emotion and experience like Kirsty does. It might be because I am a fellow Aussie living in a parallel universe but I think Kirsty's writing appeals to everyone regardless of where they are living and what their life experiences are. My absolute favourite blog to read without question.
16:27 PM October 26, 2012
Kirsty is a talented and entertaining writer who pulls readers in with her warmth, intelligence and sharp wit. A beautiful blog (and blogger).
12:09 PM November 05, 2012
Kirsty is a talented writer who blogs. Her blog posts are often so evocative they make me laugh and cry, in turn. One of my must-read blogs!
01:13 AM December 06, 2012
An irreverent look at expat life, funny and poignant in turn.