4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
Latest Blog Posts »
- A Very Small Lady Went To The Doctor... 1 week ago It must have been over 25 years ago when my girlfriend Krissy told me the joke. It was about a small woman, shorter than most, who had to visit a doctor. Her ailment? Every time she walked she had an orgasm. I can still picture Krissy’s face, she kept giggling, having to start again. I […]
- Why Don't We Live Here All The Time? 1 week ago After a week in Queensland being mesmerised by coastal scenes, sunshine, and beachside restaurants, it can be hard to justify a wintery South Australian existence. “Why don’t we live here all the time?” The third little traveller was gazing out to sea. Two months in South Australia, rugging...
- The Storytellers 2 weeks ago It’s the story tellers. Those who land in the ilk of Nikki Gemmell, Eden Riley, David Sedaris and Jon Ronsen; the writers who sit you down with a beginning, purr at your shoulder in the middle, and have you quietly lost in thought long after the end. The entire piece too clever to quote over […]
- The Best Of Both Worlds 2 weeks ago I’m about to have a chat on the radio. I think it’s about blogging, perhaps it’s more about expat life, I’m not really sure – fingers crossed it’s not about fishing as today’s fishless river trip has proved I’m pretty low on expertise. At some point I will be asked where my...
- Just Calling On The Off-Chance... 3 weeks ago It’s the fusion of South meets East. The yearly pilgrimage, our annual trip to Queensland to see G’s family. It will be his childhood memories that are discussed, while our children unknowingly make a few of their own. We’ll take a drive past his old house, see his university, and catch up...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Qatar Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Qatar!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on 4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
04:53 AM October 05, 2012
If you're an expat there is no other blog I can think of that captures every topic, emotion and experience like Kirsty does. It might be because I am a fellow Aussie living in a parallel universe but I think Kirsty's writing appeals to everyone regardless of where they are living and what their life experiences are. My absolute favourite blog to read without question.
16:27 PM October 26, 2012
Kirsty is a talented and entertaining writer who pulls readers in with her warmth, intelligence and sharp wit. A beautiful blog (and blogger).
12:09 PM November 05, 2012
Kirsty is a talented writer who blogs. Her blog posts are often so evocative they make me laugh and cry, in turn. One of my must-read blogs!
01:13 AM December 06, 2012
An irreverent look at expat life, funny and poignant in turn.