4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
Latest Blog Posts »
- Three Years Ago 3 hours ago Three years ago This morning As I type, the noise of children around me is akin to the local footy club after a grand final win. It has been an Easter Sunday with a full house. A house jam-packed with children. It’s been a day of nostalgia, the eldest traveller has had a friend […]
- How To Find Out What's On In Doha 3 days ago It’s a familiar Doha tale. Yesterday as I tried to deliver my best right hook, my sparing partner at kickboxing danced like a butterfly and then stung like a bee with her one step in front of me knowledge of what was on in Doha. “We think we might go to the open air Jazz […]
- What Happened? 3 days ago I was sitting with friends tonight, friends we’ve known for the past few years. They’re much the same as G and I, a team effort, several countries, a family, away from home. “So what’s your biggest strength?” I asked her after a couple of glasses of wine. She thought. Silence. “No I...
- Departures and Arrivals 4 days ago To describe it as an emptiness would perhaps be a little dramatic after all these years. Off kilter? Out of whack? G was away and although the morning was just like any other morning, it was different. It’s always different when we’re in separate countries. Same bed, same house, same children,...
- Pooper Macho 6 days ago I have a couple of essays due in the next couple of weeks, this means that I will find just about anything else to do rather than research my essay topics. This morning was a cracker. After what started as an initial search on “how do you pronounce Nguyen” I realized there was a man […]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Qatar Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Qatar!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on 4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
04:53 AM October 05, 2012
If you're an expat there is no other blog I can think of that captures every topic, emotion and experience like Kirsty does. It might be because I am a fellow Aussie living in a parallel universe but I think Kirsty's writing appeals to everyone regardless of where they are living and what their life experiences are. My absolute favourite blog to read without question.
16:27 PM October 26, 2012
Kirsty is a talented and entertaining writer who pulls readers in with her warmth, intelligence and sharp wit. A beautiful blog (and blogger).
12:09 PM November 05, 2012
Kirsty is a talented writer who blogs. Her blog posts are often so evocative they make me laugh and cry, in turn. One of my must-read blogs!
01:13 AM December 06, 2012
An irreverent look at expat life, funny and poignant in turn.