4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
Latest Blog Posts »
- My Gang 1 week ago It was done without a second thought, that’s what made it so beautiful. The third traveller was on the phone to the first – I was driving and had asked him to make the call. “Hey Lizzie” said the voice of my twelve year old boy “Can you move a few of the beers from the […]
- How To Have A Successful Expat Marriage 1 week ago The advice came from my mother in law, a seasoned expat who’d been happily married for thirty years. Without any dramatics she offered two pieces of advice with a smile. The first was that if it was my turn to cook and I’d got tied up having fun – not to worry, G could be easily […]
- Pick Up The Phone Now 2 weeks ago It was my friend Erika who said it best. We’d played phone tag, or Skype/Facetime tag as expats tend to do. Here I was in Qatar, newly diagnosed and chemo ready – there she was in Amsterdam on a new expat posting. Both of us sailing unchartered waters. She’d tried to call me when I […]
- It's Not Easy To Wrap In A Pretty Pink Bow 2 weeks ago I have the stories of others playing constantly in the back of my mind. The ones I can’t tell. The closed pages, the strictly confidential. Many breast cancer sites are vetted before entering. You need to explain your diagnosis, age, care and prognosis before they’ll accept you. It makes sense,...
- These Are The Women 4 weeks ago The conversation was about schooling, not so much which was the better choice but what were the options. Waiting lists are long, was there really any point in applying? In the expat world it’s a huge roll of the dice. Do you make the move to Wherethehellisthatistan if there’s no chance of a...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Qatar Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Qatar!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on 4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
04:53 AM October 05, 2012
If you're an expat there is no other blog I can think of that captures every topic, emotion and experience like Kirsty does. It might be because I am a fellow Aussie living in a parallel universe but I think Kirsty's writing appeals to everyone regardless of where they are living and what their life experiences are. My absolute favourite blog to read without question.
16:27 PM October 26, 2012
Kirsty is a talented and entertaining writer who pulls readers in with her warmth, intelligence and sharp wit. A beautiful blog (and blogger).
12:09 PM November 05, 2012
Kirsty is a talented writer who blogs. Her blog posts are often so evocative they make me laugh and cry, in turn. One of my must-read blogs!
01:13 AM December 06, 2012
An irreverent look at expat life, funny and poignant in turn.