4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
Latest Blog Posts »
- Today Was A Really Shit Day 17 hours ago This post comes with a warning. A chance for you to back out now before I invite you to join me while I wallow, actually it’s worse than a wallow, it’s more like a plunge dive into my own self pity and general sadness. It hasn’t been the best day. Any day that begins with […]
- More Breast Tape than a Kardashian at an Awards Night 2 days ago Like many women of my vintage my best body years were hidden behind bad 90’s fashion. High cut levi 501 jeans, bandanas and tucked in t-shirts. All of that beautiful skin, hidden. When things literally turned pear shaped, stretch marks on thighs and wobbles in the mid section, others were now...
- A Boob Renovation 1 week ago What a difference a week makes. This time last week I was devastated with the news that I had breast cancer. Today I’m elated with the news that I only have breast cancer. This was me on Facebook last night. Today we returned to the scene of the crime. The same waiting room I had […]
- One Lump Or Two? Just One Lump of Cancer For Me Please... 1 week ago I’m not scared about the lump. I’m scared there’s more than one. Which is of course completely illogical, but up until last week cancer was something that happened to other people, so logic isn’t my strength right now. My normal is no longer normal. I now have a “cancer nurse” whose...
- The Worst Part So Far... 1 week ago So far the worst part has been telling people. I’m not saying the core biopsy was a walk in the park, but it’s the pure anguish in the voices and faces of those you love as the cancer conversation sucks the air from the room. Whether it’s running into a neighbour who’s perplexed that...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Qatar Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Qatar!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on 4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
04:53 AM October 05, 2012
If you're an expat there is no other blog I can think of that captures every topic, emotion and experience like Kirsty does. It might be because I am a fellow Aussie living in a parallel universe but I think Kirsty's writing appeals to everyone regardless of where they are living and what their life experiences are. My absolute favourite blog to read without question.
16:27 PM October 26, 2012
Kirsty is a talented and entertaining writer who pulls readers in with her warmth, intelligence and sharp wit. A beautiful blog (and blogger).
12:09 PM November 05, 2012
Kirsty is a talented writer who blogs. Her blog posts are often so evocative they make me laugh and cry, in turn. One of my must-read blogs!
01:13 AM December 06, 2012
An irreverent look at expat life, funny and poignant in turn.