4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
Latest Blog Posts »
- Orange You Glad I'm Not Another Packaged Food Product? 3 hours ago There have been many times over the years when I’ve reflected on the parenting practices of my grandmother’s generation. Ive perhaps questioned the philosophy behind the ideas which have now disappeared from the modern parenting landscape. A few drops of brandy in the bottle or rubbed on gums...
- A Place In Time 4 days ago My mother was a fan of telling me that there was a time and a place for everything, which would usually follow with an arched eyebrow “and this is neither the time nor the place”. It was then that I would discover that handstands while wearing skirts were unacceptable in the middle of the...
- Just Don't Call Me Late For Dinner 5 days ago In our loved up pre children days of being separated by travel G and I would spend hours on the phone. We would tell each other in long form of our undying love and then move onto the important things. What did you have for breakfast? What did you eat for lunch? What are you […]
- What Did I Have To Lose - Episode 4 6 days ago “When I ask them what they’re doing I really want to know what they’re doing. They don’t understand. If they can tell me just a little bit of what it’s like at home I can picture it, feel it, I can almost be there with them.” This week’s episode of What Did I Have To […]
- Just Call Me An Expat 1 week ago Updated The expat wife is dead. I killed her today. She’d arrived in a moment of flippancy. I’d tapped her into existence on my keyboard thinking I’d return back with something better. It never came. I’d been unhappy with all of her alternatives. A trailing spouse? No, I’m not a trailer....
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Qatar Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Qatar!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on 4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
04:53 AM October 05, 2012
If you're an expat there is no other blog I can think of that captures every topic, emotion and experience like Kirsty does. It might be because I am a fellow Aussie living in a parallel universe but I think Kirsty's writing appeals to everyone regardless of where they are living and what their life experiences are. My absolute favourite blog to read without question.
16:27 PM October 26, 2012
Kirsty is a talented and entertaining writer who pulls readers in with her warmth, intelligence and sharp wit. A beautiful blog (and blogger).
12:09 PM November 05, 2012
Kirsty is a talented writer who blogs. Her blog posts are often so evocative they make me laugh and cry, in turn. One of my must-read blogs!
01:13 AM December 06, 2012
An irreverent look at expat life, funny and poignant in turn.