4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
Latest Blog Posts »
- Child Of The Week 1 day ago Henry Hotdog is student of the week, this means that he gets to feel extra special at school this week. It also means that he makes all sorts of requests to his parents to bring things from home, I believe it is compulsory that these requests are made no more than two minutes before we need […]
- March - #MyReality 2 days ago I know, it’s a day late. I have plenty of excuses: podcasts, the return of university, deadlines, and house moves. I know, excuses excuses. For those who haven’t been playing along at home I began the My Reality project last year. It was a way of making me take more photos while representing...
- The First Text 1 week ago The first text was romantic, suggestive. The beginning of a romance. “Pick you up at 7. I’ve missed you”. They couldn’t get enough of each other. “Did we really only have lunch an hour ago? Can’t wait to see you tonight.” The continuation of a courtship, until the eventual proposal....
- A Simple Move - An Expat Goodbye 1 week ago Initially the move sounded simple, from one side of the compound to the other. When the packers came to quote I stressed how easy it would be. “It’s just down the end of the street and you make a right.” “Yes” he had the look of a man who had heard it all before “but […]
- Moving To The Same House 1 week ago We each took a cushion, surrounded by boxes we sat on the floor to eat our dinner. One of us, chose to combine the two by putting his cushion inside a box, like a new puppy he snuggled in with his lasagne. The upstairs contents of our house had been moved, the downstairs was yet […]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Qatar Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Qatar!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on 4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
04:53 AM October 05, 2012
If you're an expat there is no other blog I can think of that captures every topic, emotion and experience like Kirsty does. It might be because I am a fellow Aussie living in a parallel universe but I think Kirsty's writing appeals to everyone regardless of where they are living and what their life experiences are. My absolute favourite blog to read without question.
16:27 PM October 26, 2012
Kirsty is a talented and entertaining writer who pulls readers in with her warmth, intelligence and sharp wit. A beautiful blog (and blogger).
12:09 PM November 05, 2012
Kirsty is a talented writer who blogs. Her blog posts are often so evocative they make me laugh and cry, in turn. One of my must-read blogs!
01:13 AM December 06, 2012
An irreverent look at expat life, funny and poignant in turn.