4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
Latest Blog Posts »
- The Lady Who Danced On The Internet 41 minutes ago Back in 2011, I made my daily pilgrimage to Eden Riley’s blog and found this. The little travellers (who were much more little) heard the music and asked to see what I was looking at. Eden became “the lady who danced on the internet”. They made their own video and I sent it off to Eden. […]
- I Swear On My Pigsticks 5 hours ago Henry Hotdog and I had to swear on our pigsticks. We were in the front seat of the car, held hostage by the tween girls in the backseat who were withholding information until we swore on our pigsticks. On the way to the dance they’d both giggled about boys, who they liked, who they wanted […]
- Don't Let Anyone Stop You From Starting A Blog 2 days ago I’m an enthusiastic advocate of blogging. Whenever someone tells me they’re thinking about starting a blog I’ll be the first one to jump in and tell them to do it. I’ve seen others raise an eyebrow at the idea, phrases like over-sharing and “I’m far to private” make an appearance. And...
- What Did You Have to Lose? 3 days ago Remember that mini documentary I was talking about a few months ago? I had a little go at making it. It’s not perfect, there’s a few sound glitches and my editing isn’t perfect but geez it was good learning how to make it. And of course now that I’ve managed to play around with this one,...
- Arrested Development 4 days ago As the little travellers jumped from the back doors the usual morning instructions/requests were asked and employed. Making eye contact with each one I asked direct questions for direct answers, I was Frost to their Nixon. “You’ve got basketball – Gate 5, 4 o’clock” he nodded and jumped...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Qatar Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Qatar!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on 4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
04:53 AM October 05, 2012
If you're an expat there is no other blog I can think of that captures every topic, emotion and experience like Kirsty does. It might be because I am a fellow Aussie living in a parallel universe but I think Kirsty's writing appeals to everyone regardless of where they are living and what their life experiences are. My absolute favourite blog to read without question.
16:27 PM October 26, 2012
Kirsty is a talented and entertaining writer who pulls readers in with her warmth, intelligence and sharp wit. A beautiful blog (and blogger).
12:09 PM November 05, 2012
Kirsty is a talented writer who blogs. Her blog posts are often so evocative they make me laugh and cry, in turn. One of my must-read blogs!
01:13 AM December 06, 2012
An irreverent look at expat life, funny and poignant in turn.