4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
Latest Blog Posts »
- Too Many Kids? 1 day ago There’s a lackadaisical approach which increases with the number of children you have. Perhaps it’s a matter of life getting busier or that there’s more bodies to dress and feed. Or maybe it’s the realisation that the standards you’d held for both yourself and your child are now...
- Get To The Back Of The Bus 2 days ago In the next four weeks I’ll be taking two very different flights. The first flight is the fantasy flight, the dream that is had when the dinner table needs to be set, something is burning on the stove, and you’re removing the backpacks from the dining table (again) after a pre-teen homework...
- You're So Much Tougher Than I Am 5 days ago My memories of high school involve a fair amount of anxiety. Whether it was in my small country town or my private all girls school in the city, I found myself feeling like I was always just on the edge of a monumental social faux pas. My place in the world never felt particularly concrete. In...
- Until I Open My Mouth, No-One Will Know That I'm Different 1 week ago Seven countries, sixteen years and thousands of words on the page about expat life, and in a single moment a woman living in my home country with a sole six month expat experience summed it all up in a sentence. It had been less than enjoyable for her. Paris is a dream location for many; […]
- Lamb Pies 1 week ago The lucky dinner box continues to be a success. With a lucky dip “who will win” draw each Saturday morning, the schedule is filled, dinner plan done and shopping trip made. Last night was Lamb Pies, happily one of the birthday boy’s favourites. After the Sunday roast post Katherine asked if...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Qatar Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Qatar!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on 4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
04:53 AM October 05, 2012
If you're an expat there is no other blog I can think of that captures every topic, emotion and experience like Kirsty does. It might be because I am a fellow Aussie living in a parallel universe but I think Kirsty's writing appeals to everyone regardless of where they are living and what their life experiences are. My absolute favourite blog to read without question.
16:27 PM October 26, 2012
Kirsty is a talented and entertaining writer who pulls readers in with her warmth, intelligence and sharp wit. A beautiful blog (and blogger).
12:09 PM November 05, 2012
Kirsty is a talented writer who blogs. Her blog posts are often so evocative they make me laugh and cry, in turn. One of my must-read blogs!
01:13 AM December 06, 2012
An irreverent look at expat life, funny and poignant in turn.