4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
Latest Blog Posts »
- Mixed Messages 2 days ago Expat women, particularly expat mothers are often mocked for their employment of home help. Unless you’ve been raised in a world where home help is the norm, the notion of having a ‘stranger’ living in the family home seems both awkward and unnecessary. I was sure when we took off on our...
- Any Room For My Friends? 4 days ago A girlfriend of mine sent me an email years ago, a polite request on behalf of some friends who were travelling. “They’re planning on being over your way in the next few weeks, they have their own tent but they need somewhere to camp for a few nights.” I was sure G would be cool […]
- A Quick Question For You... 5 days ago I promise I won’t make a habit of this but I have a quick question. Sarah and I have our weekly podcast which (thanks to the input from you guys) is doing really well. Many of you have asked for it to happen more than once a week and we’ve now expanded from our Monday […]
- Three Deep Breaths 1 week ago My mother turned 70 recently, I was going to write about it on the day but it felt contrived at the time. I’ve written about her before, years ago. When she read the piece she was flattered but perhaps a little embarrassed. “You’ve made me sound like Mother Teresa!” While my mother didn’t...
- Tell That Bored Expat Wife To Shut Up Will You? 1 week ago Hello, My name’s Kirsty and I’m an overprivileged princess with first world problems. When I’m not sitting around gazing at the wonder of the sky and the fact that I fart rainbows, I choose to write. I do this not because I’m trying to make a living but because I have too much time on […]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Qatar Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Qatar!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on 4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
04:53 AM October 05, 2012
If you're an expat there is no other blog I can think of that captures every topic, emotion and experience like Kirsty does. It might be because I am a fellow Aussie living in a parallel universe but I think Kirsty's writing appeals to everyone regardless of where they are living and what their life experiences are. My absolute favourite blog to read without question.
16:27 PM October 26, 2012
Kirsty is a talented and entertaining writer who pulls readers in with her warmth, intelligence and sharp wit. A beautiful blog (and blogger).
12:09 PM November 05, 2012
Kirsty is a talented writer who blogs. Her blog posts are often so evocative they make me laugh and cry, in turn. One of my must-read blogs!
01:13 AM December 06, 2012
An irreverent look at expat life, funny and poignant in turn.