4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
Latest Blog Posts »
- The Expat Home 2 days ago The children came home to find me sobbing on the couch. “The most amazing thing has just happened” I told them while smiling through the tears. If you happen to have a teen in your house right now you’ll know the look they gave me. “Mum’s lost it again. Here we go...” In my mind […]
- Don't Apologize For The Good Bits 2 weeks ago A girlfriend of mine removed her recent family holiday snaps from Facebook. I know this because I wanted to go back and have a second look, I was interested to see whether they’d tagged in the name of exactly where they stayed. The shots were, as they say, picture perfect. The beach looked...
- Every Expat Parent Knows It... 2 weeks ago Born in one country, living in another – the beginning of expat life. My first baby was 11 days old when we made our way to the airport. In those 11 days we’d taken part, like many before us, in the expat version of the Amazing Baby Race. From the moment our newborn had made […]
- Rescue Dogs Are Like a Box Of Chocolates... 2 months ago When you rescue a dog you can never be too sure about what you’re going to get. The beagle, a Texan, came from the Houston Beagle Rescue Association. An organization which appeared (from its website) to have dozens of middle-aged beagles with some serious baggage. Each beagle had an icon to click...
- Boarding School - Here's Our Truth 2 months ago It was April last year when I wrote about our eldest heading to boarding school. The reality had arrived. I couldn’t keep pretending it wasn’t going to happen. We’d not only said it out loud but we’d paid the deposit (ouch) and it was time to get my head around it before she started at her...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Qatar Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Qatar!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on 4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
04:53 AM October 05, 2012
If you're an expat there is no other blog I can think of that captures every topic, emotion and experience like Kirsty does. It might be because I am a fellow Aussie living in a parallel universe but I think Kirsty's writing appeals to everyone regardless of where they are living and what their life experiences are. My absolute favourite blog to read without question.
16:27 PM October 26, 2012
Kirsty is a talented and entertaining writer who pulls readers in with her warmth, intelligence and sharp wit. A beautiful blog (and blogger).
12:09 PM November 05, 2012
Kirsty is a talented writer who blogs. Her blog posts are often so evocative they make me laugh and cry, in turn. One of my must-read blogs!
01:13 AM December 06, 2012
An irreverent look at expat life, funny and poignant in turn.