4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
Latest Blog Posts »
- Expats Are Travellers Who Stay Still 1 week ago I read somewhere that expats are travellers who stay still. In my early expat years I used to get a bit miffed when people likened my expat life to their backpacking years. Yes, just like it. Except you possibly didn’t struggle to get the home phone connected or the electricity back on. You...
- The World Needs More Erikas 2 weeks ago It was a lunch with new friends, an outing I’d pushed myself to attend. Fourteen women of which I had met one. If you’re a perpetual expat it’s something you know you have to do. Put yourself out there, continue to recruit, take a deep breath and walk into a venue, a meeting, a lunch or a...
- There were 65 expat women in a room 2 weeks ago There were 65 women in the room. Women of all different nationalities, skin colour and religion. It was an after-hours event, organized specifically for the networking purposes of international professional women. Before it was my turn to speak to the group I asked two questions of the crowd....
- How Do You Re-Invent Your Career? This Is What I Did. 4 weeks ago The invitation to speak came in the form of a message, a night with the Qatar Professional Women’s Network, would I be interested in speaking? I checked out the evite “Hear our speakers talk about how they reinvented their careers since moving to Doha”. So how do you re-invent your career?...
- Why Your Parents Want You To Just Get Along 2 months ago The youngest of our travellers has a scar right in the middle of his forehead, only faint, but enough to make a mother wince while strategically running her fingers through her child’s hair. Its origin sits proudly with his elder sister (traveller number two). Annoyed at the time it was taking...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Qatar Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Qatar!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on 4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
04:53 AM October 05, 2012
If you're an expat there is no other blog I can think of that captures every topic, emotion and experience like Kirsty does. It might be because I am a fellow Aussie living in a parallel universe but I think Kirsty's writing appeals to everyone regardless of where they are living and what their life experiences are. My absolute favourite blog to read without question.
16:27 PM October 26, 2012
Kirsty is a talented and entertaining writer who pulls readers in with her warmth, intelligence and sharp wit. A beautiful blog (and blogger).
12:09 PM November 05, 2012
Kirsty is a talented writer who blogs. Her blog posts are often so evocative they make me laugh and cry, in turn. One of my must-read blogs!
01:13 AM December 06, 2012
An irreverent look at expat life, funny and poignant in turn.