4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
Latest Blog Posts »
- Middle Aged Ninja 5 days ago I had an idea for an article back in December. I pitched it, wrote it, sent it off for approval. The response was wildly enthusiastic. I was yet to invoice, thinking I’d send through a request when it was about to be published. It was, just this week, only slightly different. A different word...
- The Privilege of Going Home 1 week ago The lump made its presence known while shaving. I stood in the shower with both arms raised like a very confused (and somewhat overfed) ballerina. Turning my head from right to left and then back to right, I ran a comparison. Was one underarm bigger than the other? Was it raised? I found a mirror...
- Women and Concrete 2 weeks ago Firstly, a big fat thank you. Your answers to this question on Facebook yesterday were spectacular. Sarah and I record Two Fat Expats each Sunday morning. This week’s topic will cover both babies and infertility and how those situations may differ when you’re away from home. If you’ve...
- Make It Happen 3 weeks ago Each year when International Women’s Day rolls around I make the mistake of not thinking of it as a womens day which is celebrated internationally, but a day to celebrate International Women. When you live in an expat world it’s easy to find yourself within groups of women of all...
- Child Of The Week 3 weeks ago Henry Hotdog is student of the week, this means that he gets to feel extra special at school this week. It also means that he makes all sorts of requests to his parents to bring things from home, I believe it is compulsory that these requests are made no more than two minutes before we need […]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Qatar Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Qatar!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on 4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
04:53 AM October 05, 2012
If you're an expat there is no other blog I can think of that captures every topic, emotion and experience like Kirsty does. It might be because I am a fellow Aussie living in a parallel universe but I think Kirsty's writing appeals to everyone regardless of where they are living and what their life experiences are. My absolute favourite blog to read without question.
16:27 PM October 26, 2012
Kirsty is a talented and entertaining writer who pulls readers in with her warmth, intelligence and sharp wit. A beautiful blog (and blogger).
12:09 PM November 05, 2012
Kirsty is a talented writer who blogs. Her blog posts are often so evocative they make me laugh and cry, in turn. One of my must-read blogs!
01:13 AM December 06, 2012
An irreverent look at expat life, funny and poignant in turn.