4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
Latest Blog Posts »
- The Oxygen Mask 1 week ago Anxiety arrives in various forms with the arrival of any new baby. Even the most experienced of mothers will find herself questioning the sound of a cry, a change in appetite, or forehead temperature. An expat mother adds another layer to the unknown, she is often on her own, away from family...
- Follow The Blinking Cursor 2 weeks ago I began writing online in a hotel room, the natural habitat of a perpetual expat. With a blank page and a blinking cursor I typed the words with the idea of an online letter: We’ve made it! We are FINALLY here in Doha. We haven’t quite arrived in the state we were hoping, the house […]
- Sending Telstra a Telegraph (pole) 2 months ago In a world of cancer treatment and discombobulated families it’s important to have a giggle. Today’s laugh out loud moment came courtesy of Andrew from Telstra. We’ve purchased a block of land, the plan is to now build a home for our family of six. Before any of this can start there are jobs...
- Ditching The Obnoxious Twat 3 months ago I spent the entirity of the year I turned 36 telling people I was 37. It was an accident. I’d miscalculated on the day and no-one ever questioned it. We were living in Canada at the time and it was one of the only years that we didn’t make a trip home, a result of too […]
- Why Christmas Chemotherapy is a Gift 3 months ago I flew back to Australia a few days earlier than my family for a little bit of Christmas Chemotherapy. From the moment I was told of my treatment plan I began calculating how it was going to fit with the children and Christmas. If I was to have all four treatments in Doha it meant staying in […]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Qatar Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Qatar!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on 4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
04:53 AM October 05, 2012
If you're an expat there is no other blog I can think of that captures every topic, emotion and experience like Kirsty does. It might be because I am a fellow Aussie living in a parallel universe but I think Kirsty's writing appeals to everyone regardless of where they are living and what their life experiences are. My absolute favourite blog to read without question.
16:27 PM October 26, 2012
Kirsty is a talented and entertaining writer who pulls readers in with her warmth, intelligence and sharp wit. A beautiful blog (and blogger).
12:09 PM November 05, 2012
Kirsty is a talented writer who blogs. Her blog posts are often so evocative they make me laugh and cry, in turn. One of my must-read blogs!
01:13 AM December 06, 2012
An irreverent look at expat life, funny and poignant in turn.