4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
Latest Blog Posts »
- How do you know that's not going to happen when you get married. 15 hours ago A girlfriend of mine told a story of motherhood recently, acknowledging her sentimental irrationality she grinned as she explained how she was laying in bed, sobbing into the crook of her husband’s neck as he consoled her. As he held her tightly with great affection he reassured her with the...
- Make A Tally 4 days ago It was a quick round trip. I drove the little travellers to Granny’s, stayed the night and then turned around the next day on a solo journey to collect G. G and I will have a night in a hotel, a quick catch up with friends and then regroup to begin our family holiday. The […]
- It's Not Real Life 6 days ago The kids had a question. They’d watched a story on the ABC about a Pakistani girl going to a white bred, middle class Australian school where she’d been bullied about her head scarf and skin colour. “Mum, was it like that when you went to school in Australia?” “I can’t remember anyone...
- Big Lives Little Lives 1 week ago I was in the shower while the four little travellers were scattered around the house. One in the spare room eating carrots while playing on his iPod. Another on the landing upstairs reading a book while wearing headphones, and the two others downstairs making hot chocolates with the new milk...
- How Lucky You Are - To Choose What You Will See 1 week ago It wasn’t a baby or toddler group, but it could have been mistaken for one. We were in Libya and I’d been invited for a coffee at a friend’s house. The group was the usual expat mishmash of nationalities; our host Palestinian, many of the women from various parts of the Middle East, as well...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Qatar Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Qatar!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on 4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
04:53 AM October 05, 2012
If you're an expat there is no other blog I can think of that captures every topic, emotion and experience like Kirsty does. It might be because I am a fellow Aussie living in a parallel universe but I think Kirsty's writing appeals to everyone regardless of where they are living and what their life experiences are. My absolute favourite blog to read without question.
16:27 PM October 26, 2012
Kirsty is a talented and entertaining writer who pulls readers in with her warmth, intelligence and sharp wit. A beautiful blog (and blogger).
12:09 PM November 05, 2012
Kirsty is a talented writer who blogs. Her blog posts are often so evocative they make me laugh and cry, in turn. One of my must-read blogs!
01:13 AM December 06, 2012
An irreverent look at expat life, funny and poignant in turn.