4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
Latest Blog Posts »
- If You're Worried You've Messed Up Your Children, You Probably Have 1 day ago The conversation took place while we were ‘home’ over the holidays in Australia. Our local (non expat) life. A neighbour I hadn’t met before was about to embark on a solo parenting stint. Her husband was heading overseas to work, he’d be away for about six months. They’d considered...
- The Excavation of my Husband 1 week ago It was a string of fortunate events that had us sitting on the promenade with people we’d met maybe once before. A chance meeting in front of a restaurant, a stroll, the decision to stop for a bite to eat. The conversation a mixture of introduction and confirmation. Yes, four kids, you? Two....
- In the Middle of a Marriage 3 months ago We had one of those terrible wedding videos, we’re talking pre digital. Our VHS cassette tape arrived a few weeks after the wedding and was played as a source of entertainment for the first couple of years until it was packed away in the back of a cupboard rarely to be seen again. I can’t...
- Be More Like Mo 3 months ago I know I’ve told the story here before, maybe in a blog post? The story about the mate of mine who was telling me about a guy who he works with. Let’s call the guy Mo. Every Thursday night Mo who has lived most of his life in the Middle East, gets together with […]
- Midnight at the Airport 4 months ago *Today I’m speaking at The Hilton on Orchard Road in Singapore. It’s our very first big fat expat meetup. Here’s a copy of today’s talk.* It’s after midnight and I’m sitting in a restaurant at the airport. I have all of my familiar airport paraphernalia with me: a neck pillow, a long...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Qatar Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Qatar!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on 4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
04:53 AM October 05, 2012
If you're an expat there is no other blog I can think of that captures every topic, emotion and experience like Kirsty does. It might be because I am a fellow Aussie living in a parallel universe but I think Kirsty's writing appeals to everyone regardless of where they are living and what their life experiences are. My absolute favourite blog to read without question.
16:27 PM October 26, 2012
Kirsty is a talented and entertaining writer who pulls readers in with her warmth, intelligence and sharp wit. A beautiful blog (and blogger).
12:09 PM November 05, 2012
Kirsty is a talented writer who blogs. Her blog posts are often so evocative they make me laugh and cry, in turn. One of my must-read blogs!
01:13 AM December 06, 2012
An irreverent look at expat life, funny and poignant in turn.