4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
Latest Blog Posts »
- Surviving the distance, or, why my husband is a wanker 4 days ago G sent me a snapshot from Qatar. A few of his mates were assembled around a pool table with the footy playing the background. While one of the guys sat on the couch, another was lining up the 8 ball, there were a few half drunk beers on the table. It was all familiar to […]
- No Ticker Tape Parades For Expats (I mean, they don't even live here) 1 week ago I happened to be in Australia a few years ago when Australian cyclist Cadel Evans won the Tour de France. While many Australians don’t give a toss about sport I think it’s fair to say the majority love a national sporting event, and in particular a national sporting event in which an Aussie...
- From Expat To Home 2 weeks ago I spoke to an old friend this morning, he’s hoping to fly into Adelaide over the next couple of months and we’re planning to catch up. “I’ll be home from June – August” I was pretty sure providing the time frame was unnecessary, I’ve been travelling home to the beach house from June...
- The Question 2 weeks ago Henry Hotdog has two questions which are asked on an almost daily basis. “Can I get into your bed?” And “May I please use your toilet?” There is much to be learnt from these two questions. Firstly, I am obviously much better at being the grammar police in the daylight hours than I am at...
- Tears On The Tarmac 2 weeks ago The new expat often leaves home surrounded by an entourage at the airport. The goodbye may last for days, weeks or sometimes months. My first move involved lunch at a restaurant before boarding the plane, relatives gathered while we solemnly made our way through the last supper. I have a...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Qatar Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Qatar!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on 4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
04:53 AM October 05, 2012
If you're an expat there is no other blog I can think of that captures every topic, emotion and experience like Kirsty does. It might be because I am a fellow Aussie living in a parallel universe but I think Kirsty's writing appeals to everyone regardless of where they are living and what their life experiences are. My absolute favourite blog to read without question.
16:27 PM October 26, 2012
Kirsty is a talented and entertaining writer who pulls readers in with her warmth, intelligence and sharp wit. A beautiful blog (and blogger).
12:09 PM November 05, 2012
Kirsty is a talented writer who blogs. Her blog posts are often so evocative they make me laugh and cry, in turn. One of my must-read blogs!
01:13 AM December 06, 2012
An irreverent look at expat life, funny and poignant in turn.