4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
Latest Blog Posts »
- First World Homesickness 1 day ago I’ve been fighting off a feeling of homesickness. It’s my fourteenth year away and it feels ridiculously overindulgent. “Didn’t you just go home?” said a girlfriend who hasn’t been home for over a year. I nodded, offered a somewhat embarrassed shrug of my shoulders, if I could control...
- Balance Amongst The Morning Meltdown 2 days ago My friend Bob is heading to the coast to do a 10 day Vipassana meditation course to “refresh my understanding of dependent origination”. Meanwhile I’m sitting at my desk doing a little bit of cut and paste and cracking myself up with this: I was about to play around with it a little bit...
- Too Muchness 3 days ago I am drowning in a sea of too muchness right now. I have retuned to the world of university and it has changed, oh how its changed. The online forums, audio pods, Facebook groups, and message centres have had me clicking from page to page in a haze of confusion. I’m the crazy old lady […]
- How Women Work - Don't Doubt Your Return 4 days ago I’m part of a panel on Wednesday afternoon at the annual How Women Work conference. Our topic is sustaining success and sanity, asking the question if an entrepreneur can lead a balanced life. At a networking event last night I listened as the founder of HWW spoke of her arrival in Qatar and how...
- No More What's For Dinner? 5 days ago There’s a period of our family life, let’s say 2000 – 2007 which are known as the Spaghetti years. Within those seven years, at least once or twice a week G and I would get lulled into the ease of not so much “What shall we have for dinner?” but more “What can we have […]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Qatar Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Qatar!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on 4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
04:53 AM October 05, 2012
If you're an expat there is no other blog I can think of that captures every topic, emotion and experience like Kirsty does. It might be because I am a fellow Aussie living in a parallel universe but I think Kirsty's writing appeals to everyone regardless of where they are living and what their life experiences are. My absolute favourite blog to read without question.
16:27 PM October 26, 2012
Kirsty is a talented and entertaining writer who pulls readers in with her warmth, intelligence and sharp wit. A beautiful blog (and blogger).
12:09 PM November 05, 2012
Kirsty is a talented writer who blogs. Her blog posts are often so evocative they make me laugh and cry, in turn. One of my must-read blogs!
01:13 AM December 06, 2012
An irreverent look at expat life, funny and poignant in turn.