4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
Latest Blog Posts »
- Texts and Emails Received From My Children 18 hours ago G and I were watching our eldest play softball when I realised I’d missed a call. “Can you check your phone? I’ve missed a call from the house” The younger three were at home with the babysitter. I knew that if they’d tried G as well it was possibly more than the series of “when […]
- Sunburn With A Chill 4 days ago “Perhaps home is not a place but simply an irrevocable condition.” ― James Baldwin, Giovanni’s Room While sunscreen was applied liberally, there were bits that were missed. My ample bosom, the area that hatches its own escape plan from my bathers, is shedding its skin. One of the travellers...
- The Shame and Disappointment 5 days ago A winter’s morning, and a fine layer of icy frost covers the expansive grounds of an Australian caravan park – circa 1977. A family holiday is taking place. There has been a raucous evening of card games, the classics: Old Maid, Snap and Fish have been mastered. We are children without...
- Delete Delete Delete 6 days ago Have you ever written two entire paragraphs, stopped for a moment to scratch your nose, and then deleted every word on the page? I just did. I was writing something about podcasts, except there was a lot of me, quite of bit of I, and then came the gigantic yawn. Who cares Kirsty? Which is […]
- Transit 1 week ago A direct flight, point A to point B – because nobody wants to be in stranded in transit wearing crusty knickers while searching for a power point. Unless of course that transit time means it’s about one thousand dollars cheaper per flight and you’re paying for six tickets at a time. And...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Qatar Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Qatar!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on 4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
04:53 AM October 05, 2012
If you're an expat there is no other blog I can think of that captures every topic, emotion and experience like Kirsty does. It might be because I am a fellow Aussie living in a parallel universe but I think Kirsty's writing appeals to everyone regardless of where they are living and what their life experiences are. My absolute favourite blog to read without question.
16:27 PM October 26, 2012
Kirsty is a talented and entertaining writer who pulls readers in with her warmth, intelligence and sharp wit. A beautiful blog (and blogger).
12:09 PM November 05, 2012
Kirsty is a talented writer who blogs. Her blog posts are often so evocative they make me laugh and cry, in turn. One of my must-read blogs!
01:13 AM December 06, 2012
An irreverent look at expat life, funny and poignant in turn.