4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
Latest Blog Posts »
- An Elephant Never Forgets 1 week ago At aged two my son held a grey plastic elephant in his hand at all times. Breakfast, park, lunch, nap time, dinner and bath – the grey elephant his constant companion. I have no idea when or why he stopped doing it. I just remember it being a thing, and then it wasn’t. The […]
- Something To Be Aware Of During Breast Cancer Awareness Month 2 weeks ago I began my first round of chemotherapy almost twelve months ago. I had arrived back in Doha to be with my family after having surgery in Australia, knowing that the real fun was about to start. When it comes to cancer people change their language completely, it somehow becomes brutal and harsh....
- Ladies Who Do Much More Than Lunch 3 weeks ago There was a moment, maybe a minute, in Abu Dhabi this week where I wondered if my self perceived spirit of adventure was perhaps a little reckless. The seed of doubt was planted by my mother while speaking on the phone that morning, me in a taxi on my way to the airport, her in […]
- Expat Women Snap To It 3 weeks ago Over the past year life in Qatar required 4am starts for work, it was a time zone thing, me on one side of the world, headquarters on the other. While the children got ready for school I sat with the door closed in my office, headset on, praying that no-one needed to find their PE shirt […]
- This is my Fantasy 2 months ago So this is the picture I keep going to. This is my fantasy. My future kitchen isn’t exactly like this, mine will have a full window that runs from end to end, but the brushed concrete floor and the timber cupboards with the concrete slab top – that’s what my kitchen is going to look like....
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Qatar Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Qatar!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on 4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
04:53 AM October 05, 2012
If you're an expat there is no other blog I can think of that captures every topic, emotion and experience like Kirsty does. It might be because I am a fellow Aussie living in a parallel universe but I think Kirsty's writing appeals to everyone regardless of where they are living and what their life experiences are. My absolute favourite blog to read without question.
16:27 PM October 26, 2012
Kirsty is a talented and entertaining writer who pulls readers in with her warmth, intelligence and sharp wit. A beautiful blog (and blogger).
12:09 PM November 05, 2012
Kirsty is a talented writer who blogs. Her blog posts are often so evocative they make me laugh and cry, in turn. One of my must-read blogs!
01:13 AM December 06, 2012
An irreverent look at expat life, funny and poignant in turn.