4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
Latest Blog Posts »
- Dear Terrorist 9 hours ago Dear Terrorist, I imagine you’re delighted with this week’s warning from the US embassy that has made its way across the Middle East. Your anonymous posting on an extremist website calling for the execution of American teachers certainly cast a wide net. As the mother of children at an...
- Give Yourself Permission To Fail 1 day ago In the first year that G and I were married I decided to return to study. I enrolled in a very serious business management subject and began my first assignment with an essay on management systems. I had absolutely no interest in management systems but I figured it would help out at work and...
- What Did I Have to Lose - Episode 2 3 days ago G and I were at a beach party at a fancy hotel last year. The music was reggae, we were drinking mojitos and everyone was lounging beachside. At the end of the night while we waited for friends we did something that most couples do without thinking – we kissed, until we received a tap […]
- The Lady Who Danced On The Internet 6 days ago Back in 2011, I made my daily pilgrimage to Eden Riley’s blog and found this. The little travellers (who were much more little) heard the music and asked to see what I was looking at. Eden became “the lady who danced on the internet”. They made their own video and I sent it off to Eden. […]
- I Swear On My Pigsticks 6 days ago Henry Hotdog and I had to swear on our pigsticks. We were in the front seat of the car, held hostage by the tween girls in the backseat who were withholding information until we swore on our pigsticks. On the way to the dance they’d both giggled about boys, who they liked, who they wanted […]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Qatar Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Qatar!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on 4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
04:53 AM October 05, 2012
If you're an expat there is no other blog I can think of that captures every topic, emotion and experience like Kirsty does. It might be because I am a fellow Aussie living in a parallel universe but I think Kirsty's writing appeals to everyone regardless of where they are living and what their life experiences are. My absolute favourite blog to read without question.
16:27 PM October 26, 2012
Kirsty is a talented and entertaining writer who pulls readers in with her warmth, intelligence and sharp wit. A beautiful blog (and blogger).
12:09 PM November 05, 2012
Kirsty is a talented writer who blogs. Her blog posts are often so evocative they make me laugh and cry, in turn. One of my must-read blogs!
01:13 AM December 06, 2012
An irreverent look at expat life, funny and poignant in turn.