4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
Latest Blog Posts »
- If There Was A Time To Be Grateful - Surely It's Now 2 days ago At at time of year when parts of the world are full of Christmas cheer and others gear up to celebrate the New Year – I find myself living in a sunny state of holiday bliss while a somewhat darker shadow casts itself nearby. There has been so much sadness in Australia this past week. I […]
- Sweet 16 1 week ago I woke up this morning to find an email in my inbox from G. He’d made a video which I’m gathering the little travellers had helped him film. It’s our 16th wedding anniversary today. Hip replacements require the acquisition of new apparatus to perform daily tasks . My mother is currently in...
- She's Gone And I Can't Bring Her Back 1 week ago During one of my interviews for Here and There the other day, after I’d stop filming, a new conversation began. We were talking about parents, leaving home, guilt, change, and the resolution from both parties that there’s no time to waste. “I don’t bother sweating over the small stuff with...
- One Foot Here, The Other There 2 weeks ago With one foot still here, and another heading towards there, I’m in the safe house for the geographically schizophrenic. The airport. As I walked my luggage on all four wheels through Hamad International I marvelled at how our new suitcases are easier to push/pull than the beagle on a morning...
- Barbie's Life In Our Not So Dreamhouse 2 weeks ago Another Christmas list, another request for a Barbie. Our playroom is a tribute to toys from Christmas past. A train table lays idle in the corner while matchbox cars gather dust. Children have grown out of stages, moved on from fads, but it is Barbie who continues to rule. The second and fourth...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Qatar Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Qatar!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on 4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
04:53 AM October 05, 2012
If you're an expat there is no other blog I can think of that captures every topic, emotion and experience like Kirsty does. It might be because I am a fellow Aussie living in a parallel universe but I think Kirsty's writing appeals to everyone regardless of where they are living and what their life experiences are. My absolute favourite blog to read without question.
16:27 PM October 26, 2012
Kirsty is a talented and entertaining writer who pulls readers in with her warmth, intelligence and sharp wit. A beautiful blog (and blogger).
12:09 PM November 05, 2012
Kirsty is a talented writer who blogs. Her blog posts are often so evocative they make me laugh and cry, in turn. One of my must-read blogs!
01:13 AM December 06, 2012
An irreverent look at expat life, funny and poignant in turn.