4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
Latest Blog Posts »
- What You Can Say this Weekend at the Footy Instead of Booing 2 days ago We’ve been at my parents house this week which brings an endless supply of two of my favourite things – mint slices and AFL football. There’s always a chocolate biscuit to be found in the refrigerator at Granny and Gramp’s, just ask my children they’re experts at tracking them down. When...
- What's On Your List? 1 week ago Have you ever stood in a supermarket line with a years supply of tampons? That was me, yesterday. The annual pilgrimage to the supermarket aisle labelled feminine hygiene to check out the latest in floral packaging and wing placement. Ever had to declare your tampons at customs? Or perhaps...
- Writing Online In the Middle East 2 weeks ago We whispered in Libya. Obviously not all the time, night time mostly. During the day we put children on school busses, walked through the Medina, and bartered on the streets with the vegetable man and the butcher. The whispering happened mostly in our backyard, at parties. A story would be told, a...
- A Reminder That You Are Loved 3 weeks ago We were a few days away from leaving Qatar for our return to Australia when I received a message from my girlfriend Kristina. She wanted to know if she could pick us up from the airport. This is vintage Kristina. With two incredibly busy children, a career, and a million things to do she’s the...
- Surviving the distance, or, why my husband is a wanker 2 months ago G sent me a snapshot from Qatar. A few of his mates were assembled around a pool table with the footy playing the background. While one of the guys sat on the couch, another was lining up the 8 ball, there were a few half drunk beers on the table. It was all familiar to […]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Qatar Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Qatar!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on 4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
04:53 AM October 05, 2012
If you're an expat there is no other blog I can think of that captures every topic, emotion and experience like Kirsty does. It might be because I am a fellow Aussie living in a parallel universe but I think Kirsty's writing appeals to everyone regardless of where they are living and what their life experiences are. My absolute favourite blog to read without question.
16:27 PM October 26, 2012
Kirsty is a talented and entertaining writer who pulls readers in with her warmth, intelligence and sharp wit. A beautiful blog (and blogger).
12:09 PM November 05, 2012
Kirsty is a talented writer who blogs. Her blog posts are often so evocative they make me laugh and cry, in turn. One of my must-read blogs!
01:13 AM December 06, 2012
An irreverent look at expat life, funny and poignant in turn.