4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
Latest Blog Posts »
- Expat Women Snap To It 6 hours ago Over the past year life in Qatar required 4am starts for work, it was a time zone thing, me on one side of the world, headquarters on the other. While the children got ready for school I sat with the door closed in my office, headset on, praying that no-one needed to find their PE shirt […]
- This is my Fantasy 6 days ago So this is the picture I keep going to. This is my fantasy. My future kitchen isn’t exactly like this, mine will have a full window that runs from end to end, but the brushed concrete floor and the timber cupboards with the concrete slab top – that’s what my kitchen is going to look like....
- 5 Steps Towards Becoming a Great Expat 1 week ago Step One: Kick off from your “home country”, make your house a home. Fill it with shiny appliances that work, furniture that has been measured and matched, and then forcefully cram it into a dirty old banged up shipping container and push it out to sea for six months. Step Two: Arrive at...
- The Recipe for a Perfect Move 1 week ago Somewhere in the middle of last week my husband and I became obsessed with coleslaw. Ridculous, I know, but there we were with the recipe book open discussing which cabbage, savoy or chinese, like the world depended on our decision. It was Eid Al Adha and with the kids off school, and both of us...
- Heading Home 2 months ago If I’m driving to my parents house in the country I often tell people I’m heading “home” for the weekend. While I’m there, in their house, the one I’ve called my own for years; the one where I celebrated our marriage, and returned with baby, after baby, after baby, after baby. So...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Qatar Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Qatar!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on 4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
04:53 AM October 05, 2012
If you're an expat there is no other blog I can think of that captures every topic, emotion and experience like Kirsty does. It might be because I am a fellow Aussie living in a parallel universe but I think Kirsty's writing appeals to everyone regardless of where they are living and what their life experiences are. My absolute favourite blog to read without question.
16:27 PM October 26, 2012
Kirsty is a talented and entertaining writer who pulls readers in with her warmth, intelligence and sharp wit. A beautiful blog (and blogger).
12:09 PM November 05, 2012
Kirsty is a talented writer who blogs. Her blog posts are often so evocative they make me laugh and cry, in turn. One of my must-read blogs!
01:13 AM December 06, 2012
An irreverent look at expat life, funny and poignant in turn.