4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
Latest Blog Posts »
- Rescue Dogs Are Like a Box Of Chocolates... 1 week ago When you rescue a dog you can never be too sure about what you’re going to get. The beagle, a Texan, came from the Houston Beagle Rescue Association. An organization which appeared (from its website) to have dozens of middle-aged beagles with some serious baggage. Each beagle had an icon to click...
- Boarding School - Here's Our Truth 1 week ago It was April last year when I wrote about our eldest heading to boarding school. The reality had arrived. I couldn’t keep pretending it wasn’t going to happen. We’d not only said it out loud but we’d paid the deposit (ouch) and it was time to get my head around it before she started at her...
- The Virtual Expat 2 months ago I have moved into phase two of my expat and mothering life. No more baby groups or coffee mornings with a toddler at my knee. My children are sometimes out the door as early as seven in the morning to start school. They’re pretty much left to their own devices when it comes to remembering […]
- So When Do You Get The All Clear? 2 months ago A mate of mine called mid chemo, a man I’ve been friends with for over twenty years. He voiced his concern with an air of exasperation. “But when will you get the all clear?” It was the second time he’d asked and I wasn’t providing the right answer. I was vague and ill prepared for the...
- The Oxygen Mask 3 months ago Anxiety arrives in various forms with the arrival of any new baby. Even the most experienced of mothers will find herself questioning the sound of a cry, a change in appetite, or forehead temperature. An expat mother adds another layer to the unknown, she is often on her own, away from family...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Qatar Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Qatar!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on 4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
04:53 AM October 05, 2012
If you're an expat there is no other blog I can think of that captures every topic, emotion and experience like Kirsty does. It might be because I am a fellow Aussie living in a parallel universe but I think Kirsty's writing appeals to everyone regardless of where they are living and what their life experiences are. My absolute favourite blog to read without question.
16:27 PM October 26, 2012
Kirsty is a talented and entertaining writer who pulls readers in with her warmth, intelligence and sharp wit. A beautiful blog (and blogger).
12:09 PM November 05, 2012
Kirsty is a talented writer who blogs. Her blog posts are often so evocative they make me laugh and cry, in turn. One of my must-read blogs!
01:13 AM December 06, 2012
An irreverent look at expat life, funny and poignant in turn.