4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
Latest Blog Posts »
- Thankful for Greek Turkeys Cooked By Mexicans, and Cricket 1 day ago It’s Thanksgiving. If you’re in the US I’ve just stated the obvious, particularly if you’re elbow deep stuffing your turkey with three different recipes for sweet potatoes stuck on your refrigerator. We’re celebrating with American friends this evening. I am clueless as to what we should...
- Let's Take The Piss Out Of The Blogger 2 days ago I’m fuzzy on the date, maybe four years ago? If not, definitely three. The setting: a beautiful winters day here in Qatar, at a quaint school fete. There was bunting, cakes and jams, and a crowd of people snaking their way through the stalls. I had G and the children with me, we’d divided to...
- What Did I Have To Lose - Here and There 3 days ago This week’s What Did I Have To Lose is one of my favourites. A mother talking about the loss of working mother’s guilt, an American woman losing the pressure to conform after years of feeling she had to contain her Americanisms, and a really interesting perspective on losing an easy answer to...
- Orange You Glad I'm Not Another Packaged Food Product? 4 days ago There have been many times over the years when I’ve reflected on the parenting practices of my grandmother’s generation. Ive perhaps questioned the philosophy behind the ideas which have now disappeared from the modern parenting landscape. A few drops of brandy in the bottle or rubbed on gums...
- A Place In Time 1 week ago My mother was a fan of telling me that there was a time and a place for everything, which would usually follow with an arched eyebrow “and this is neither the time nor the place”. It was then that I would discover that handstands while wearing skirts were unacceptable in the middle of the...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Qatar Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Qatar!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on 4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
04:53 AM October 05, 2012
If you're an expat there is no other blog I can think of that captures every topic, emotion and experience like Kirsty does. It might be because I am a fellow Aussie living in a parallel universe but I think Kirsty's writing appeals to everyone regardless of where they are living and what their life experiences are. My absolute favourite blog to read without question.
16:27 PM October 26, 2012
Kirsty is a talented and entertaining writer who pulls readers in with her warmth, intelligence and sharp wit. A beautiful blog (and blogger).
12:09 PM November 05, 2012
Kirsty is a talented writer who blogs. Her blog posts are often so evocative they make me laugh and cry, in turn. One of my must-read blogs!
01:13 AM December 06, 2012
An irreverent look at expat life, funny and poignant in turn.