4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
Latest Blog Posts »
- Powerless and Pissed Off 11 hours ago I met a woman called Deborah when we lived in Kuala Lumpur. This was years ago when I was a mother of one and investigating going back to work. I was struggling to find someone who would employ me part-time and couldn’t find child care options that would work full-time. The company I’d...
- Bye Bye Kids, Bye Bye Suitcases... 1 day ago I was at a networking event a couple of years ago when a man approached me to shake my hand. He took a look at my business card and asked “So, 4 kids, 20 suitcases…what is that, a nursery?” I went through my usual spiel, the blog, the dog, the kids, the expat life in […]
- BloggingME 4 days ago In between returning to school with a swimming bag that was left at home and meeting some girlfriends for lunch, I stopped to pick up my new business cards. As I pulled over I looked out across the hazy landscape, just beyond the rubble in front of me was a freeway, from there on it […]
- The Expat Woman 5 days ago If you’ve seen the French and Saunders skit of the two expat women who can barely get off their chairs to pour their gin, you would have to agree that expat women have a pretty terrible reputation. It’s obvious with their cushy lives that they spend their days playing golf while dripping in...
- Us and The Girls 6 days ago It was one of the last jobs to be done. I was packing up the beach house in Australia to head back to Qatar; towels were washed and folded, I’d cleared out the debris from under everyone’s beds receiving the unspoken surprise monologues from my absent children *Surprise Mum! Here’s where I...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Qatar Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Qatar!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on 4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
04:53 AM October 05, 2012
If you're an expat there is no other blog I can think of that captures every topic, emotion and experience like Kirsty does. It might be because I am a fellow Aussie living in a parallel universe but I think Kirsty's writing appeals to everyone regardless of where they are living and what their life experiences are. My absolute favourite blog to read without question.
16:27 PM October 26, 2012
Kirsty is a talented and entertaining writer who pulls readers in with her warmth, intelligence and sharp wit. A beautiful blog (and blogger).
12:09 PM November 05, 2012
Kirsty is a talented writer who blogs. Her blog posts are often so evocative they make me laugh and cry, in turn. One of my must-read blogs!
01:13 AM December 06, 2012
An irreverent look at expat life, funny and poignant in turn.