4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
Latest Blog Posts »
- The Expat Niche 1 day ago I was searching through my bag for a pen while chatting to a new friend when I found my house keys. The Adelaide house keys. An impulse buy at the hardware store, I’d collected one of those miniature torches as a keyring while standing at the counter which I then felt compelled to justify every...
- Once a Jolly Blogger 2 days ago You know how people return from a conference with hours of inside jokes and hilarious not hilarious anecdotes. That’s me right now. My head is full of internal giggles which are being transmitted into awkward smiles as I sit here in the Brisbane International Airport. I fly back to Qatar...
- A Very Small Lady Went To The Doctor... 1 week ago It must have been over 25 years ago when my girlfriend Krissy told me the joke. It was about a small woman, shorter than most, who had to visit a doctor. Her ailment? Every time she walked she had an orgasm. I can still picture Krissy’s face, she kept giggling, having to start again. I […]
- Why Don't We Live Here All The Time? 2 weeks ago After a week in Queensland being mesmerised by coastal scenes, sunshine, and beachside restaurants, it can be hard to justify a wintery South Australian existence. “Why don’t we live here all the time?” The third little traveller was gazing out to sea. Two months in South Australia, rugging...
- The Storytellers 2 weeks ago It’s the story tellers. Those who land in the ilk of Nikki Gemmell, Eden Riley, David Sedaris and Jon Ronsen; the writers who sit you down with a beginning, purr at your shoulder in the middle, and have you quietly lost in thought long after the end. The entire piece too clever to quote over […]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Qatar Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Qatar!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on 4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
04:53 AM October 05, 2012
If you're an expat there is no other blog I can think of that captures every topic, emotion and experience like Kirsty does. It might be because I am a fellow Aussie living in a parallel universe but I think Kirsty's writing appeals to everyone regardless of where they are living and what their life experiences are. My absolute favourite blog to read without question.
16:27 PM October 26, 2012
Kirsty is a talented and entertaining writer who pulls readers in with her warmth, intelligence and sharp wit. A beautiful blog (and blogger).
12:09 PM November 05, 2012
Kirsty is a talented writer who blogs. Her blog posts are often so evocative they make me laugh and cry, in turn. One of my must-read blogs!
01:13 AM December 06, 2012
An irreverent look at expat life, funny and poignant in turn.