4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
Latest Blog Posts »
- Home is a language of the heart 4 months ago Home is a language of the heart. Do you know what your heart language is? While being told the story of an expat woman who’d adopted a child I learnt a beautiful expression. She was taking her new son home for the first time to his new billungual home – he was four. Both she […]
- Before you put your pink bow on 9 months ago October is a big month for our family, it begins with my son’s birthday and ends with my husband’s (which is usually completely overthrown by Halloween). Over the years it’s meant four kids with four costume requirements and some crazy class party baking requests. A couple of years ago a...
- The Expat Mongrel 1 year ago *Spoken at The Big Fat Expat Meet-up at the Shangri-La Shanghai* Before the pedigree plague of poodles of varying degrees, before the oodles, the spoodles, the cavoodles and groodles, or Golden Doodles depending on which part of the world you’re from (Australians stop giggling now) before the...
- Why You Need To Stop Sharing Those Useless Red Love Hearts 1 year ago My left boob is sore. It hurts when you apply any pressure to it and it feels a little angry to touch. The scar that was left after my lumpectomy has well and truly healed but it’s what lies underneath that’s the worry. And when I say worry, I mean it’s a pain, a complete […]
- Just Me and Steve 1 year ago If you’ve ever moved country as a family, you know to expect the unexpected. For us, it has been a different experience for each move. But if I had to put seven moves together, it would look something like this: You arrive in your new location in a state of exhaustion from packing and saying […]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Qatar Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Qatar!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on 4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
04:53 AM October 05, 2012
If you're an expat there is no other blog I can think of that captures every topic, emotion and experience like Kirsty does. It might be because I am a fellow Aussie living in a parallel universe but I think Kirsty's writing appeals to everyone regardless of where they are living and what their life experiences are. My absolute favourite blog to read without question.
16:27 PM October 26, 2012
Kirsty is a talented and entertaining writer who pulls readers in with her warmth, intelligence and sharp wit. A beautiful blog (and blogger).
12:09 PM November 05, 2012
Kirsty is a talented writer who blogs. Her blog posts are often so evocative they make me laugh and cry, in turn. One of my must-read blogs!
01:13 AM December 06, 2012
An irreverent look at expat life, funny and poignant in turn.