4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
Latest Blog Posts »
- The Expat Cycle 1 day ago At the beginning of every great expat friendship is the knowledge that it will evolve into something different. What begins as a mutual adventure will eventually end with a farewell party. It doesn’t necessarily have to be forever, but no matter what, one day the moving truck will arrive in...
- The Good and The Bad 2 days ago The Good. We woke up on Easter Sunday to an eery stillness. “No-one’s been in to let us know if the Easter Bunny has been?” I asked G who had of course been up before the roosters. “Nope – not a word.” They’d had a sleepover the night before. All four had requested to sleep […]
- Three Years Ago 2 days ago Three years ago This morning As I type, the noise of children around me is akin to the local footy club after a grand final win. It has been an Easter Sunday with a full house. A house jam-packed with children. It’s been a day of nostalgia, the eldest traveller has had a friend […]
- How To Find Out What's On In Doha 6 days ago It’s a familiar Doha tale. Yesterday as I tried to deliver my best right hook, my sparing partner at kickboxing danced like a butterfly and then stung like a bee with her one step in front of me knowledge of what was on in Doha. “We think we might go to the open air Jazz […]
- What Happened? 6 days ago I was sitting with friends tonight, friends we’ve known for the past few years. They’re much the same as G and I, a team effort, several countries, a family, away from home. “So what’s your biggest strength?” I asked her after a couple of glasses of wine. She thought. Silence. “No I...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Qatar Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Qatar!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on 4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
04:53 AM October 05, 2012
If you're an expat there is no other blog I can think of that captures every topic, emotion and experience like Kirsty does. It might be because I am a fellow Aussie living in a parallel universe but I think Kirsty's writing appeals to everyone regardless of where they are living and what their life experiences are. My absolute favourite blog to read without question.
16:27 PM October 26, 2012
Kirsty is a talented and entertaining writer who pulls readers in with her warmth, intelligence and sharp wit. A beautiful blog (and blogger).
12:09 PM November 05, 2012
Kirsty is a talented writer who blogs. Her blog posts are often so evocative they make me laugh and cry, in turn. One of my must-read blogs!
01:13 AM December 06, 2012
An irreverent look at expat life, funny and poignant in turn.