4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
Latest Blog Posts »
- Here's What I Found This Time 1 day ago The last time I did a post like this I think I referred to it as "my favourite things". So original, so creative, so totally stealing Oprah! So this time I'm referring to it as here's what I found this time. Which is exactly what it is, stuff that I like that I think you might like too. These...
- Dear Diary... 2 days ago How far can you go back without losing the details? Which ones do you push to the back of the shelf, the memories that are quickly flicked by as you make your way to the old favourites. Which details have received a sand down and a buff, a little gloss added to give it more shine. When we head...
- Football, Meatpies, Kangaroos and What? 3 days ago I launched myself at Australia's Foreign Affairs Minister last night. I was so enthusiastic with my hand shake and my gushing "I'M SO GLAD THAT YOU'RE HERE!" that poor Bob Carr didn't quite know what to do with his newest devotee. He appeared to almost recoil with my fanatical and spirited...
- You're An Expat 4 days ago Travelling is often a very selfish act. You choose when you want to go, what you'd like to see and how long you'd like to go for. Often as travellers we underestimate just how much our arrival is going to affect the local population. If you've ever stood at the bottom of the Borobodur temple...
- This Is What I Had Hoped For You 6 days ago The first words I heard were from the medical student. He was new to the baby business, not new enough that he hadn't seen the process before, but new enough that he hadn't been told that
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Qatar!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on 4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle
04:53 AM October 05, 2012
If you're an expat there is no other blog I can think of that captures every topic, emotion and experience like Kirsty does. It might be because I am a fellow Aussie living in a parallel universe but I think Kirsty's writing appeals to everyone regardless of where they are living and what their life experiences are. My absolute favourite blog to read without question.
16:27 PM October 26, 2012
Kirsty is a talented and entertaining writer who pulls readers in with her warmth, intelligence and sharp wit. A beautiful blog (and blogger).
12:09 PM November 05, 2012
Kirsty is a talented writer who blogs. Her blog posts are often so evocative they make me laugh and cry, in turn. One of my must-read blogs!
01:13 AM December 06, 2012
An irreverent look at expat life, funny and poignant in turn.