Family Life in Spain
Latest Blog Posts »
- How To Calculate The Cost Of Living in Spain For You and Your Family! 2 months ago New Series: What Is The Real Cost of living in Spain? Welcome to our new series of posts looking at the cost of living in Spain. In this introductory post, we will inform you of general costs and provide you with great sources of information that you can use to calculate your own budget. Your...
- How To Calculate the Cost of Moving To Spain: Free Online Calculator 3 months ago Let’s get your relocation off to a great start by helping you calculate and hence budget for your own personal cost of moving to Spain. People move to Spain for many reasons. the cost of living is cheaper, the weather is better, the scenery is stunning the quality of life is ideal for people of...
- 30 Tell Tale Signs Your Kids Grew Up In Spain 4 months ago As we explained in a previous post, Spain is a fabulous place to bring up your children. Family comes first and children are children for longer. However, don’t fool yourself, it can take time to adjust to new ways of doing things, especially when they are so different to what we thought were...
- Everything you need to know about SPANISH EGGS: Codes, Dishes, Phrases and Body Parts 4 months ago Here’s a question for you: What do you know about Spanish eggs? Eggs, as in “huevos” (the Spanish word for eggs). It wasn’t until our daughter, Francesca, came home from school one day, headed straight for our fridge and started checking the code on our eggs that we stopped and thought...
- Our Top Tips for Surviving and Enjoying Expat Life in Spain 2017 5 months ago As we mentioned previously, Spain is tightening its belt economically. The taxman is going for every centimo possible as the government looks for ways to reduce the national debt. We have been seeing this happen at the expense of taxpayers and business owners. However, the quality of life and...
Contest Entries »
- Bursting Bubbles in Spain Writing Contest October 2012 “What ?” My mouth drops open as I hear the very words that my mind had told me that I was going to hear but I had tried to convince myself that it wouldn’t really happen. Oh but it did. “To be named as a beneficiary on your social...
- Education in Spain... Some questions to ask yourself! Education and International Schools One of the most important decisions you have to make, when moving to Spain and also when you are already living in Spain , with children, is which school to send them to. Many parents start by deciding whether to enroll their children in a Spanish...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Spain Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Spain!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 39 reviews on Family Life in Spain
13:34 PM October 04, 2012
A total 5 star blog! The author knows her Spanish Onions!Not just great reading, but an absolute MUST read for expats in Spain - really well researched and useful information for your family life in Spain!
13:35 PM October 04, 2012
Enjoyable, witty and, more often then not, essential reading for people like me who have chosen to live in Spain. Keep up the good work!
13:36 PM October 04, 2012
Constantly amazed at the breadth of info on this site, from what paperwork the bureaucrats will insist on, and how to get them, to places to go, and how to get there. Found some recent info there that is going to save me some money this winter! Keep it up, we need you!
13:44 PM October 04, 2012
A blog that provides both a good read and essential information for expat families in Spain. An excellent and enjoyable resource.
13:54 PM October 04, 2012
One of the best sites on the web about Spain. Period. .....and I say that as somebody who owns a 1200 page portal that could be considered a "competitor" to this site.
14:15 PM October 04, 2012
If you want to know about living in Spain before, or after arrival, this blog is a fabulous resource. Every day questions are covered and what affects an expat in Spain as you live your family life here.
14:42 PM October 04, 2012
This is an absolutely brilliant, diverse and enjoyable site. Don´t move to Spain without studying it.
14:50 PM October 04, 2012
This blog cleverly combines an amazing wealth of factual vital information with great warmth and engaging readable stuff for families, you learn such a lot without it feeling like heavy going... Living in Spain is wonderful but there are many ways you can trip up, being able to learn from the intelligent experience of others is an amazing benefit, this is one to bookmark!
15:13 PM October 04, 2012
Excellent blog about all aspects of living in Spain, essential reading for all expats here!
15:36 PM October 04, 2012
I was lucky to find Family Life in Spain. It has helped answer some questions I've had in a totally straightforward and logical way. It has offered me a way to understand issues that have otherwise baffled me. It's a fun site too!
15:38 PM October 04, 2012
Looking to relocate to Spain? have a family? Your first point of call should be the Family life in Spain site. Full of useful information and insider tips. Highly recommended.
18:32 PM October 04, 2012
A blog with an amazingly comprehensive and in-depth wealth of information on everything from paperwork to kids' activities, with personal views about living in Spain which are honest and funny. If you're moving to Spain, it's a must-read.
18:45 PM October 04, 2012
You do sterling work to keep expats up to date & in the know - not an easy thing here in Spain!! :-)
18:45 PM October 04, 2012
Great, informative, fun, honest - A family life in Spain, after reading this blog who wouldn't want one ? :).
18:51 PM October 04, 2012
Great Blog , Up to date and informative , Very helpful on all aspects of family life in Spain. A definate must for anybody living in Spain or considering moving to Spain.
20:36 PM October 04, 2012
This blog is a great resource for information, with the kind of insider details you won't easily find elsewhere. Very helpful, interesting and well put together!
20:44 PM October 04, 2012
Everything you need to know about moving to Spain and fun to read as well.
20:48 PM October 04, 2012
THE best blog for expats on the Costa del Sol. All the information is 100% accurate! Even after living here 20 years I am always amazed at how quickly rules and regulations change so a quick reference back to the blog updates me as to the required paperwork, regulations, easier ways to cope, the list is endless!
20:57 PM October 04, 2012
This blog should be bookmarked by every expat. Light-hearted, but packed full of essential and interesting information. I'd give it 6 stars if I could. :)
21:02 PM October 04, 2012
Great mixture of official information and real life experience that is so useful when you live here.
21:30 PM October 04, 2012
Superb resource for anything family-related when it comes to visiting, or living in, Spain. Well written, well researched and well trusted!
22:25 PM October 04, 2012
Quality information, well presented and constantly updated - great blog - thanks :-)
07:06 AM October 05, 2012
Very informative and entertaining at the same time, whether you're looking for useful info or just want to read on another expat's experiences in Spain. Would recommend to anyone either already here or thinking of coming to Spain.
07:54 AM October 05, 2012
We love reading your blog, really keeps us up to speed with all that is going on, from the serious to the funny. Anyone thinking about coming to Spain or already living here, this is the one to read.
07:57 AM October 05, 2012
This really is an excellent site with strong content indespensible for anyone thinking of relocating to Spain spiced up with guest contributions from top-notch expat bloggers. Highly recommended!
08:35 AM October 05, 2012
Great site for authoritative and accurate information based on real life experiences, always a good place to go for advice on how to deal with issues that affect us all
10:07 AM October 05, 2012
For families setting out on the Great Spanish Adventure, Lisa’s the ideal ‘next-door neighbour’. Learn from her experiences, get the legal lowdown, have a laugh – her door is always open and the coffee’s on!
10:44 AM October 05, 2012
Great Site for information ! Love the diversity !! Keep up the good work xx
12:46 PM October 05, 2012
Relocating to Spain or considering the idea. You must read this site. Real advice from a family that have done all the paperwork themselves. Great advice
13:01 PM October 05, 2012
Highly recommended blog for all expats to read. A great resource for keeping up to date with issues and events in Spain.
14:31 PM October 05, 2012
Great website and really nice clean and inventive design.
20:12 PM October 05, 2012
I only came across this site recently and must say that I´m very impressed with what I´ve seen and read so far. I´ve lived full time in Spain for 11 years now and do think it´s important to keep informed about what´s going on in the country, especially during these particularly challenging times. Thank you very much for providing such a useful service.
10:32 AM October 08, 2012
Excellent content and bursting with information for anyone with a family thinking of relocating to Spain. Five star blog!
15:08 PM October 10, 2012
Well done, Lisa! You have acreated an authoritative and useful blog - an invaluable tool for anyone thinking of moving to Spain.
08:48 AM October 12, 2012
Always informative and giving valuable advice and information. Keep up the good work...knowledge is power
09:02 AM October 12, 2012
Nice website full of useful information and always up-to-date.
10:01 AM October 12, 2012
I love the way this blog is formatted and the design is really easy to navigate
10:49 AM October 13, 2012
Lisa is so helpful and an absolute mine of information! LOVE love the website and the wealth of information there....I like that they are not biased and do not put anyone off moving there........after all people will do what they want to do in the end....Yes Spain has it's problems BUT it's up to you to make it work at the end of the day and they are always supportive unlike some of the Spain Forums who are just negative!! We are "trying" to live our dream and if we fail, so be it...You will NEVER know if you don't go etc etc BUT "Family Life In Spain" make no judgements....Well Done Lisa :)
16:38 PM October 14, 2012
The family is the most important institution in Spain and Family Life in Spain the most significant guide for expats relocating with their kin.