Scribbler in Seville
Latest Blog Posts »
- Game of Thrones Season 5: the Water Gardens of Dorne, aka the Alcazar of Seville 1 week ago Appearing shortly on your television, if you’re as hooked on Game of Thrones as I am, will be the episode of Season 5 when we are fortunate to feast our eyes on Seville’s majestic Alcazar. Our mudejar gem…
- Feria de Abril 2015: the trends 3 weeks ago Every April, after Feria here in Seville has finished and we’re all still recovering from too many late nights and stonking rebujito-fuelled hangovers, I promise myself that next year, like a good Sevillana, I will organise my outfit well in advance: check…
- Easter fun at the Granja Escuela 2 months ago Last year my daughter Lola and I went to an Easter fun day at the Granja Escuela (English Farm) in Sanlucar La Mayor near Seville. This is a wonderful place in the countryside which works as a bilingual nursery…
- The Biggest Misconceptions about Seville 2 months ago You may (or indeed, may not) have noticed that lately, my blogging has been sporadic at best – not that I’ve ever been a strict twice-a-week kind of girl, if you know what I mean. Over the past few months, a…
- Seville orange season - farm visit, tapas festival, flavoured goodies, and a recipe 4 months ago Seville is famous for certain quintessentially Spanish, or Andalucian, things – flamenco, tapas and bullfighting. But say “Seville”, and many people, especially the British, will think “oranges” or “marmalade”. For it is here where the naranjas amargas (bitter oranges) are…
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 11 reviews on Scribbler in Seville
09:59 AM November 05, 2012
5 Stars for Fiona's blog. Illustrated by the most lush pictures, Scribbler in Seville gives an insight into life in the city and raising bilingual children in Spain.
14:21 PM November 05, 2012
Fiona really has her finger on the pulse of the vibrant city of Seville. If it´s happening - she´s in on it! Scribbler in Seville is rapidly becomeing one of my favourite blogs to visit. Well done Fiona - 5 star blog!
13:41 PM November 15, 2012
Exceptionally well-written and insightful and with gorgeous pictures too. Always a joy to visit.
10:35 AM November 27, 2012
There´s always new posts, interesting anecdotes and a smile from Fiona´s blog - a great read and especially informative about her home city.
10:40 AM December 05, 2012
As a journalist, Fiona knows which stories will capture the imagination of her readers wherever they are in the world. She is really good at using her unique personal experiences to convey a vibrant picture of how people live in Andalucia.
11:21 AM December 05, 2012
I love Fiona's posts. She writes well with a lively style. Her articles are informative, interesting and often witty, as she uses her insider knowledge to paint a picture of life in Seville.
12:57 PM December 05, 2012
I may be unusual, but I read this blog not so much to find out about Spain - which I do anyway, obviously - but to keep up with a human being who has a lovely way of observing the world.
13:00 PM December 05, 2012
Fiona's articles are always an enjoyable, informative read.
16:15 PM December 05, 2012
Fiona is one of the most perceptive bloggers and observers of life in Seville(and mainland Spain) - from travel related articles to history and culture this is one of the blogs you must bookmark and keep returning to.
16:34 PM December 05, 2012
I regularly tune in to Scribbler in Seville. I love her writing - it´s fresh, funny and first with the hot news. Keep on blogging Fiona.
08:33 AM December 06, 2012
Life is too short to read anything but the most entertaining and relevant blogs. Of the plethora available, Scribbler in Seville is the best there is. Gets my vote.