Scribbler in Seville
Latest Blog Posts »
- Mapping and (late) thoughts for 2015 1 week ago The new year wasn’t greeted in my house with any great excitement or sense of hope – sorry all you eternal optimists and believers in the integral goodness of mankind, fresh starts, and all that. Long-term unemployment (my husband’s, not … Continue reading →
- A Merry Christmas in Seville, some gourmet goodies, and a sting in the tail 3 months ago Seville at Christmas-time feels wonderfully festive, with people going about their business – whether local Sevillanos working, meeting friends, buying presents or visiting belens (nativity scenes), or visitors under the spell cast by an already magical city at its most … Continue reading...
- My last Duchess - an interview with the Duquesa de Alba 4 months ago Back in 2009, I interviewed the Duquesa de Alba, who passed away last week in her palace here in Seville at the ripe old age of 88. The Duquesa was an aristocrat – the most titled noble in the world, … Continue reading →
- A meeting of minds and Moorish magnificence by moonlight 4 months ago When you work from home, as I do, Social Media isn’t just for watching hilarious viral videos of animals falling off bicycles, comparing notes about X Factor, and poring over photos of your friends’ kids. It’s a lifeline to other, like-minded people … Continue reading →
- Eight paws and four hooves - our new donkey 3 months ago Over the past 11 years since I’ve been living in Spain, I’ve acquired one husband, two children, and two dogs (in that order). Now our family has grown again, with a new arrival – a baby donkey. It’s a long … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 11 reviews on Scribbler in Seville
09:59 AM November 05, 2012
5 Stars for Fiona's blog. Illustrated by the most lush pictures, Scribbler in Seville gives an insight into life in the city and raising bilingual children in Spain.
14:21 PM November 05, 2012
Fiona really has her finger on the pulse of the vibrant city of Seville. If it´s happening - she´s in on it! Scribbler in Seville is rapidly becomeing one of my favourite blogs to visit. Well done Fiona - 5 star blog!
13:41 PM November 15, 2012
Exceptionally well-written and insightful and with gorgeous pictures too. Always a joy to visit.
10:35 AM November 27, 2012
There´s always new posts, interesting anecdotes and a smile from Fiona´s blog - a great read and especially informative about her home city.
10:40 AM December 05, 2012
As a journalist, Fiona knows which stories will capture the imagination of her readers wherever they are in the world. She is really good at using her unique personal experiences to convey a vibrant picture of how people live in Andalucia.
11:21 AM December 05, 2012
I love Fiona's posts. She writes well with a lively style. Her articles are informative, interesting and often witty, as she uses her insider knowledge to paint a picture of life in Seville.
12:57 PM December 05, 2012
I may be unusual, but I read this blog not so much to find out about Spain - which I do anyway, obviously - but to keep up with a human being who has a lovely way of observing the world.
13:00 PM December 05, 2012
Fiona's articles are always an enjoyable, informative read.
16:15 PM December 05, 2012
Fiona is one of the most perceptive bloggers and observers of life in Seville(and mainland Spain) - from travel related articles to history and culture this is one of the blogs you must bookmark and keep returning to.
16:34 PM December 05, 2012
I regularly tune in to Scribbler in Seville. I love her writing - it´s fresh, funny and first with the hot news. Keep on blogging Fiona.
08:33 AM December 06, 2012
Life is too short to read anything but the most entertaining and relevant blogs. Of the plethora available, Scribbler in Seville is the best there is. Gets my vote.