Living the Turkish Dream
Latest Blog Posts »
- 7 years together today! 2 weeks ago Berkay & I have been together 7 years today! It feels like a lifetime, as we’ve been together basically my whole adult life, since I was 18! I’ve written about how we met and our ‘cheesy love story’ before, so I won’t bore you all with that again, but you can click HERE to read […]
- Denizli - The City Centre, the Cable Car & the Cool Cockerel. 2 weeks ago Around 1.5-2 hours away from Berkay’s family village Beyagac, is the busy city of Denizli. Both Beyagac and Denizli City are in the province of Denizli, but Denizli City Centre is the capital of the whole province. The city is very much a working, industrial centre with factories and a lot of...
- Şeker Bayramı/Eid 2017? 4 weeks ago As some of you will know, for the past month Muslims all over the world have been participating in Ramadan, the Islamic holy month of fasting. After a month of fasting from sunrise to sunset, they celebrate the end of Ramadan with a three day festival known as ‘Şeker Bayramı’ (sweet/sugar...
- Village life - Beyagac, Denizli. 2 months ago Village life in Turkey is totally different to city life or tourist resort life – there’s nothing quite like it and it’s like marmite, you either love it or you hate it! Berkay’s family live in Beyağaç, a town in Denizli province, 2 hours away from Denizli city centre. It takes around 3.5...
- 5* Jiva Beach Resort Hotel - review 3 months ago Although I love visiting Turkey, I always say that it’s not really like a holiday for us, there’s just too many people to see and things to do and we end up rushing around here there and everywhere. When we were there 3 weeks ago though, Berkay suprised me by booking us a day/night in […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Living the Turkish Dream
12:17 PM March 16, 2015
Hi there, just come across your Blog and its really good and interesting to read. We visit Fethiye a couple of times a year - if we are very lucky 3 times, absolutely adore the place and often just go on Google for photographs of Fethiye to keep me going until the next time we are there. Just thought I would say thanks very much and I will be visiting your blog more often. keep up the good work. Are you going to go back to live there again? Regards Babs my other email address is my office - that's Barbara.firstname.lastname@example.org