Latest Blog Posts »
- Armin van Buuren featured with vinyl records at Madurodam 10 hours ago Recently someone asked me if I had ever been to Madurodam in The Hague, an attraction many tourists and Dutch people visit, especially with kids, and my answer was ‘no’. Someone also recently asked me why Dutch DJs (music producers, really) Ti
- Speed cameras wrongly fine motorists for years 21 hours ago Hundreds of motorists on Dutch motorways have been wrongly fined because of an error caused by speed cameras, according to Dutch news RTL. The government has known of this specific problem of mistaking vans, camper vans and cars with cycle racks for vehicles with trailers, such as caravans, which...
- Bitcoin income shall be taxed, Dijsselbloem says 2 days ago Dutch people who accept payments in the new Internet currency Bitcoin will have to pay income tax on the funds they receive. Finance Minister Jeroen Dijsselbloem confirmed this two weeks ago after parliament had asked questions about Bitcoin, Nu.nl reports. According to the minister, the...
- Dutch working mothers are paid less than working fathers 2 days ago OK, this is somewhat old news (in fact, Dutch Daily News covered it two months ago), but I still want to write about it because this follows up on earlier stories. Basically what I am trying to find out is how we, the Dutch, define Enlightenment ideals such as freedom, equality and happiness. It is...
- De Skaggerz sing of youthful independence 3 days ago Here’s a party song called Scuba by a band called De Skaggerz. A son goes to his father / Dad, I did something wrong / I quit school / Have been staring out the window instead / I cleaned out my bank account / Paid for everything myself / Who do you think you are? [...]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » 24 oranges has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!