Latest Blog Posts »
- Finding Sweden in New York City 3 months ago The Big Apple is known for being the most culturally diverse place in the world, so there is no wonder that you’d be able to find a taste (literately) of Sweden and it’s Nordic neighbors there. This post is for … Continue reading →
- International Midsummer Celebrations 6 months ago It is almost the summer solstice, the longest day of the year, which means that it is almost time for the biggest holiday in Sweden: MIDSOMMAR (Midsummer) Here in Sweden we like to celebrate everything on the eve, or the … Continue reading →
- Halmstad Pride 2015 7 months ago Today I am proud to live in Halmstad, as today is the first ever Halmstad Pride Festival. There was a huge turn out to support the LGBT community (HBT in Swedish), especially considering the dreary weather for the first few … Continue reading →
- New Swedish Defense System 7 months ago Have you heard about Sweden’s new military defense system? I promise that it’s unlike any other and worth reading about. A few months ago Russian submarines were believed to be lurking around in Swedish waters without permission (article here), triggering … Continue reading →
- Eurovision 2016 to be hosted in Sweden 7 months ago This year was the 60th anniversary of Eurovision with the slogan of “Building Bridges” and it featured a lot of new things: Australia competed for the first time (came in 5th place) China was watching live for the first time, … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Sweden Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Sweden!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Something Swedish
04:20 AM October 11, 2012
By far, one of the best expat blogs on the web and definitely THE best Swedish blog.
19:34 PM December 02, 2012
I have been following this blog for half a year, and I never fail to be entertained and enlightened by Meg's stories. She covers a full mix of expat topics: from food and language, to historical tidbits and detailed photography. She's the sort of expat who doesn't just want to glorify her life abroad, but is genuinely keen to educate and share with others.
23:25 PM December 16, 2012
Thank you for the great reviews and for the gold award!! Very touched, honored, and surprised!
23:33 PM December 16, 2012
Your bravery as a new wife, new blogger, living and experiencing life in a new country - serves as an education, journal or your adventures and a fun story for us to follow along. I am so proud of you sweetie, much deserved. Looking forward to future blogs! xo ♥
01:59 AM December 17, 2012
Meg's blog, Something Swedish, lets her readers live vicariously through her descriptive posts about learning, living and loving abroad. Each post leaves you looking forward to the next, and Meg's clear, forthright style leaves you anticipating a bright future for this fledgling writer.
04:44 AM December 26, 2013
You go girl