Latest Blog Posts »
- Pears, pears, everywhere 3 months ago One of the things I noticed when I moved here was how much Swedes love anything pear (päron) flavored. It’s everywhere, and for me it was strange. I’m not sure if this is just because I hated pears growing up, … Continue reading →
- Veggie Progress 3 months ago The first month of my 12-part “Resolution Evolution” (read about it HERE) is over half way done, so I thought an update was in order. So far it has been a successful and interesting eye opening experience. It’s difficult for … Continue reading →
- Studying Swedish in Sweden - Comparing EVERYTHING about SFI, SAS Grund and SAS Gymnasiet 3 months ago SFI vs. SAS Grund vs. SAS Gymnasiet This comparison chart is based off of my personal experiences studying in Halmstad 2012 – 2014 and researching information online. Things might vary by town or teacher but most things are regulated by … Continue reading →
- 2014 Resolution Evolution - My New Years Monthly Challenge 3 months ago Gott Nytt År! We decided to end 2013 by celebrating with a candlelit homemade meal, wine, a movie, chocolate cake, champagne, and then watching fireworks over the river. How will we start 2014? With a New Years Resolution, of course. … Continue reading →
- Facebook fun 2014 4 months ago My real New Years resolution/project/challenge will be posted tomorrow (So excited!!), but for now I wanted to introduce something a little more “Something Swedish” related. In 2014 I want to make better use of the Something Swedish Facebook page! I’ve … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Sweden Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Sweden!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Something Swedish
04:20 AM October 11, 2012
By far, one of the best expat blogs on the web and definitely THE best Swedish blog.
19:34 PM December 02, 2012
I have been following this blog for half a year, and I never fail to be entertained and enlightened by Meg's stories. She covers a full mix of expat topics: from food and language, to historical tidbits and detailed photography. She's the sort of expat who doesn't just want to glorify her life abroad, but is genuinely keen to educate and share with others.
23:25 PM December 16, 2012
Thank you for the great reviews and for the gold award!! Very touched, honored, and surprised!
23:33 PM December 16, 2012
Your bravery as a new wife, new blogger, living and experiencing life in a new country - serves as an education, journal or your adventures and a fun story for us to follow along. I am so proud of you sweetie, much deserved. Looking forward to future blogs! xo ♥
01:59 AM December 17, 2012
Meg's blog, Something Swedish, lets her readers live vicariously through her descriptive posts about learning, living and loving abroad. Each post leaves you looking forward to the next, and Meg's clear, forthright style leaves you anticipating a bright future for this fledgling writer.
04:44 AM December 26, 2013
You go girl