Latest Blog Posts »
- Eurovision 2013 - in SWEDEN (Featuring a song ABOUT Sweden) 3 days ago Last night Europe was huddled around their television sets watching the finally of The Eurovision Song Contest, crossing their fingers for their own country to win, or at least a neighboring country. It’s usually a love hate relationship; there are die hard fans of the competition and then...
- First time Shooting 4 days ago Growing up in NYC, I never thought of going out to a shooting range for fun. The only ranges I ever knew about are the ones on TV that are in some building that the cops go to when they need to blow off some steam, shooting at a paper cut out of a body […]
- My first 5k race and winning a trip to PORTUGAL!!! 2 weeks ago It feels like just yesterday I learned about V
- The First of May 2 weeks ago In 1938 May 1st was recognized as the first non religious “red day” holiday in Sweden, meaning that it’s a day off of work for most. On this particular red day though, you will find even more stores and restaurants closed because it is “International Workers Day” when...
- First SomethingSwedish VIDEO: Valborg in Halmstad, celebrating Spring in Sweden 3 weeks ago Last year was my first time experiencing the celebration of Valborg in Sweden. Here, let this link to last years post refresh your memory: **Links are currently broken – search for “Valborg- How We Welcome Spring in
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Sweden!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Something Swedish
04:20 AM October 11, 2012
By far, one of the best expat blogs on the web and definitely THE best Swedish blog.
19:34 PM December 02, 2012
I have been following this blog for half a year, and I never fail to be entertained and enlightened by Meg's stories. She covers a full mix of expat topics: from food and language, to historical tidbits and detailed photography. She's the sort of expat who doesn't just want to glorify her life abroad, but is genuinely keen to educate and share with others.
23:25 PM December 16, 2012
Thank you for the great reviews and for the gold award!! Very touched, honored, and surprised!
23:33 PM December 16, 2012
Your bravery as a new wife, new blogger, living and experiencing life in a new country
01:59 AM December 17, 2012
Meg's blog, Something Swedish, lets her readers live vicariously through her descriptive posts about learning, living and loving abroad. Each post leaves you looking forward to the next, and Meg's clear, forthright style leaves you anticipating a bright future for this fledgling writer.