Latest Blog Posts »
- New Swedish Defense System 20 hours ago Have you heard about Sweden’s new military defense system? I promise that it’s unlike any other and worth reading about. A few months ago Russian submarines were believed to be lurking around in Swedish waters without permission (article here), triggering … Continue reading →
- Eurovision 2016 to be hosted in Sweden 3 days ago This year was the 60th anniversary of Eurovision with the slogan of “Building Bridges” and it featured a lot of new things: Australia competed for the first time (came in 5th place) China was watching live for the first time, … Continue reading →
- Lessons from Pippi Longstocking 6 days ago Most people are familiar with the iconic red head with braided pony-tails, mismatched socks, and super strength – but are you familiar with her original name “Pippi Långstrump”? That’s right – she’s Swedish! And today she turns 70 (all while … Continue reading →
- How Swedish are you? 1 week ago As a follow up to my last post about becoming Swedish and getting Swedish citizenship – I’ve compiled a list of 40 things that can help determine how Swedish you are! (Yes, some of these are exaggerated, generalizations, stereotypes, might … Continue reading →
- Officially Swedish 1 month ago There are two ways to become Swedish: Way One: Adapt and integrate yourself into the culture: THE WAY YOU EAT THE WORDS YOU SPEAK HOW YOU DECORATE HOW YOU WAIT IN LINE Way two: Apply to become a Swedish citizenship … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Sweden Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Sweden!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Something Swedish
04:20 AM October 11, 2012
By far, one of the best expat blogs on the web and definitely THE best Swedish blog.
19:34 PM December 02, 2012
I have been following this blog for half a year, and I never fail to be entertained and enlightened by Meg's stories. She covers a full mix of expat topics: from food and language, to historical tidbits and detailed photography. She's the sort of expat who doesn't just want to glorify her life abroad, but is genuinely keen to educate and share with others.
23:25 PM December 16, 2012
Thank you for the great reviews and for the gold award!! Very touched, honored, and surprised!
23:33 PM December 16, 2012
Your bravery as a new wife, new blogger, living and experiencing life in a new country - serves as an education, journal or your adventures and a fun story for us to follow along. I am so proud of you sweetie, much deserved. Looking forward to future blogs! xo ♥
01:59 AM December 17, 2012
Meg's blog, Something Swedish, lets her readers live vicariously through her descriptive posts about learning, living and loving abroad. Each post leaves you looking forward to the next, and Meg's clear, forthright style leaves you anticipating a bright future for this fledgling writer.
04:44 AM December 26, 2013
You go girl