Latest Blog Posts »
- Mushroom Picking 4 weeks ago I know it’s been awhile and I hope you’ll excuse my absence – I was vacationing in the U.S. for 5 weeks. (blog post in the works about Swedish related stuff in NYC) Today I checked off a To-Do on … Continue reading →
- Swedish Scrabble - Alfapet 4 months ago Whenever I teach an English course I always suggest different ways to practice the second language casually at home: 1) Read books you have read before in your own language 2) Read magazines or blogs about topics you’re interested in … Continue reading →
- Gekås - The biggest store in Sweden 4 months ago Sometimes part of my part-time teaching job involves going to companies to help employees improve their English. Over the past three months I have been holding three weekly English lessons for a company called Gekås. If you are planning on … Continue reading →
- Don't judge my decision to move to Sweden: In response to a vicious comment 5 months ago Over the years I have tried to keep Something Swedish as positive, inspirational and helpful as possible. In response I have gotten hundreds of positive, encouraging, and touching comments. In fact, I have met a handful of these people in … Continue reading →
- Biking 5 months ago The first thing I noticed when I first came to Sweden was all the bikes. Everywhere. I’ve seen more bikes than people. I’ve seen people talk on the phone, text, smoke and walk their dogs while on their bikes. It was … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Sweden Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Sweden!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Something Swedish
04:20 AM October 11, 2012
By far, one of the best expat blogs on the web and definitely THE best Swedish blog.
19:34 PM December 02, 2012
I have been following this blog for half a year, and I never fail to be entertained and enlightened by Meg's stories. She covers a full mix of expat topics: from food and language, to historical tidbits and detailed photography. She's the sort of expat who doesn't just want to glorify her life abroad, but is genuinely keen to educate and share with others.
23:25 PM December 16, 2012
Thank you for the great reviews and for the gold award!! Very touched, honored, and surprised!
23:33 PM December 16, 2012
Your bravery as a new wife, new blogger, living and experiencing life in a new country - serves as an education, journal or your adventures and a fun story for us to follow along. I am so proud of you sweetie, much deserved. Looking forward to future blogs! xo ♥
01:59 AM December 17, 2012
Meg's blog, Something Swedish, lets her readers live vicariously through her descriptive posts about learning, living and loving abroad. Each post leaves you looking forward to the next, and Meg's clear, forthright style leaves you anticipating a bright future for this fledgling writer.
04:44 AM December 26, 2013
You go girl