Latest Blog Posts »
- Visiting Stockholm 3 weeks ago For a list of things to do in Stockholm, scroll to the bottom of the page. I’ve been living in Sweden for three years, visiting for six, and yet have never made the trip to the capital until last weekend … Continue reading →
- Stig Stiger Ner 2 months ago For the past 14 years ICA, a large supermarket chain in Sweden, started doing commercials (reklam) that have become a part of Swedish culture. Maybe saying that a commercial is part of culture is a bit of a stretch, but … Continue reading →
- (Not) Ice Skating in Sweden 2 months ago If you ask people that have never been to Sweden what it’s like they will most likely say something about it being cold and having a lot of snow. A winter wonderland. Picturesque landscapes of cute red houses covered in … Continue reading →
- Holiday Greetings in Swedish 2 months ago What do these Holiday greetings mean? How do we translate them? When do we use them? God, Gott, and Glad These are all different ways to wish someone a holiday greeting, depending on which holiday. It’s hard to not see … Continue reading →
- Älg: Moose, Meese, Mooses or Elk? 4 months ago When people in Sweden talk about “älg” there’s always some debate on whether the animal is an elk or a moose. The confusion is completely understandable because it kinda means both. But aren’t Moose and Elk different animals? Yes, but … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Sweden Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Sweden!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Something Swedish
04:20 AM October 11, 2012
By far, one of the best expat blogs on the web and definitely THE best Swedish blog.
19:34 PM December 02, 2012
I have been following this blog for half a year, and I never fail to be entertained and enlightened by Meg's stories. She covers a full mix of expat topics: from food and language, to historical tidbits and detailed photography. She's the sort of expat who doesn't just want to glorify her life abroad, but is genuinely keen to educate and share with others.
23:25 PM December 16, 2012
Thank you for the great reviews and for the gold award!! Very touched, honored, and surprised!
23:33 PM December 16, 2012
Your bravery as a new wife, new blogger, living and experiencing life in a new country - serves as an education, journal or your adventures and a fun story for us to follow along. I am so proud of you sweetie, much deserved. Looking forward to future blogs! xo ♥
01:59 AM December 17, 2012
Meg's blog, Something Swedish, lets her readers live vicariously through her descriptive posts about learning, living and loving abroad. Each post leaves you looking forward to the next, and Meg's clear, forthright style leaves you anticipating a bright future for this fledgling writer.
04:44 AM December 26, 2013
You go girl