Latest Blog Posts »
- Lessons Learned 3 days ago If you’re wondering where I’ve been these last two months, the answer is: LIVING LIFE! As terrible as I feel about not updating the blog, it feels great to be too busy to post! When you first move to a new country you have so much free time because you have nothing to do: no […]
- Navigating Sweden 3 months ago I’ve been living in Sweden for nearly two years now and I have a confession: I still don’t know my own neighborhood. Outside of four major streets or highways, street names are an elusive mystery to me. Having grown up in Queens, NYC, where every street is perfectly aligned with a ruler and...
- Celebrating Cinnamon Rolls in Sweden 2 months ago October 4th: a day to cherish and savor the beloved cinnamon roll (which originates from Sweden), or “Kanelbulle” a little more than normal. To celebrate last year I made Swedish and American Cinnamon rolls side by side to compare. Read about that experiment HERE. This year, however, I decided...
- Riddle me this, Sweden 4 months ago First things first… Stay with me here – 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th. In Swedish these would be 1:a, 2:a, 3:e, 4:e, 5:e, 6:e, 7:e, 8:e, 9:e, 10:e. I wasn’t able to recognize them either, don’t worry. But sometimes you do see “1st” in Swedish – usually in the...
- Friday the 13th & Superstitions: Fredagen den 13:e och vidskepelse 4 months ago Reblogged from Something Swedish : So, even if it was a coincidence, starting a new blog on Friday the 13th hasn't gotten past my radar. When the hubby got home from work and we were on our way to the Systembolaget (the government owned liquor shop in Sweden, the only store allowed to sell any […]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Sweden Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Sweden!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Something Swedish
04:20 AM October 11, 2012
By far, one of the best expat blogs on the web and definitely THE best Swedish blog.
19:34 PM December 02, 2012
I have been following this blog for half a year, and I never fail to be entertained and enlightened by Meg's stories. She covers a full mix of expat topics: from food and language, to historical tidbits and detailed photography. She's the sort of expat who doesn't just want to glorify her life abroad, but is genuinely keen to educate and share with others.
23:25 PM December 16, 2012
Thank you for the great reviews and for the gold award!! Very touched, honored, and surprised!
23:33 PM December 16, 2012
Your bravery as a new wife, new blogger, living and experiencing life in a new country
01:59 AM December 17, 2012
Meg's blog, Something Swedish, lets her readers live vicariously through her descriptive posts about learning, living and loving abroad. Each post leaves you looking forward to the next, and Meg's clear, forthright style leaves you anticipating a bright future for this fledgling writer.