Latest Blog Posts »
- Hot Diggity: Sun Therapy & L'atypique 1 month ago A surreal Sunday scene: I’m walking down Rue Alexandre Dumas, my familiar street made new when it’s washed in spring’s bright light. I fall behind two young French girls – they couldn’t have been more than 9 or 10 – on the corner near Conforama. One has an iPhone pressed to her ear, her...
- The Geometry of Love (+ Giveaway!) 2 months ago Last month the American Library of Paris hosted novelist Jessica Levine and her agent April Eberhardt. They had a spirited and honest discussion about the realities of today’s publishing climate and the relationship between writer and agent. I love hearing stories about how books make their way...
- Keys to a Beautiful Heart 2 months ago This week we’ve had sunny days, a spike in pollution (smog swallowed the Eiffel Tower), and today, an uneventful solar eclipse – from here it looked like any other gray Paris sky. It is also the first day of spring. Let us celebrate what we can. I have a small little thing to celebrate, too:...
- Second Chances 2 months ago Hello, friends. My, it’s been an interesting year so far and here we are in March. In like a lion! Out like a lamb, we hope. I’d been all prepared for an extra(ordinary) new year, emphasis on finding the joy in daily living, but wow, did some big stuff come our way instead. The attacks […]
- A Week Later: Sorrow and Sparkle 4 months ago It has been exactly one week since 12 journalists, cartoonists, and police were killed in an attack on satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo. The 2 following days brought more violence, ending in a dramatic dual hostage situation and 5 more people dead. There have been countless articles, op-eds, and...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 18 reviews on Paris (im)perfect
23:07 PM October 06, 2012
Paris (im)perfect is a blog much viewed and appreciated by ex-pats, Parisians and a wider global audience. Sion has that special gift of bringing this wonderful city to life with a most sensitive and delicate touch. As a Paris blogger myself, Paris (im)perfect sets the standard to which I aspire.
03:58 AM October 07, 2012
I love Paris (im)perfect! It's interesting, well-written, fun, and appeals to me because I hope to become an ex-pat in France someday myself.
12:30 PM October 07, 2012
Paris (im)perfect makes me miss the good and laugh at the not so good little things that come with living in the City of Lights. Wonderfully insightful.
13:50 PM October 07, 2012
Paris (imperfect) is an open-minded and open-hearted walk through the streets of Paris. I enjoy Sion's insights about this wonderful city.
15:07 PM October 07, 2012
I love this blog. I am also an expat in Paris, and Sion's writing resonates with me. Bravo Sion, I'll continue to be a reader for as long as you put ink to paper (in the digital sense as well).
18:04 PM December 06, 2012
Gee whiz, and I thought this would be hard to find out.
23:18 PM December 11, 2012
Five star lady, five star blog xx
03:58 AM December 12, 2012
I love and live by non-plans! This is a fun and inspirational blog. I always enjoy Sion's perspective and style. :-)
09:45 AM December 12, 2012
This blog is great. It's about Paris, but so much more. The great thing is that Sion is actually as cool as she sounds.
14:54 PM December 12, 2012
I am a freelance writer and I love everything Paris. When I came across Sion's blog through our mutual friend a few years ago, I found the exact window into French life I didn't know I was missing out on. I enjoy reading her perspective on life in Paris and watching her writing career grow.
14:56 PM December 12, 2012
Sion's blog keeps me sane in the City of Little Light! Gray Paree is a bit brighter thanks to Sion's stories and insights, and best of all, fabulous New Yorky sense of humor. Paris is imperfect, but Sion is pure perfection!
15:03 PM December 12, 2012
Sion's blog is terrific! Her writing style is accessible and elegant at once. She has an artist's gift: she captures everyday moments in a beautiful way that enables many other people to relate their own experiences. Her blog is comforting, inspiring, and real.
15:11 PM December 12, 2012
Absolutely love Sion's writings and sharings of her journey through her days in Paris on her blog Paris (im)perfect. She makes me feel connected to both Paris and to a bigger world, all through her words. Superb.
00:00 AM December 13, 2012
Paris (im)perfect is real and from the heart. It's a blog for readers who are interested in not only literature, Paris, or international living, but for those who want to read an excellent writer with a truly authentic voice.
06:08 AM December 13, 2012
Stumbling upon this blog (in pursuit of another internet quest) was serendipity. As a one-time expat in Paris, I relate to so many of Sion's insights and ambivalences. Her writing style is delightful, and I really feel the person behind the thoughts. Thoroughly enjoying it!
13:30 PM December 14, 2012
This blog has great spirit: humble, courageous, and alive.
14:18 PM December 14, 2012
Beautiful blog about a writer's life in Paris!
15:06 PM December 14, 2012
I recently discovered Sion's blog - and Sion - and I'm looking forward to reading and discussing more of her beautiful and inspiring perspective and take on life, Paris, and France in general.