Latest Blog Posts »
- Organic Produce in the Park 1 month ago Following on from our recent blog post about Yarn Bombing in Portimão in the small but pretty Largo December 1 gardens in Portimão, we were contacted about an organic produce market that takes place there every Saturday from 9.30 to … Continue reading →
- Keeping cool on a hot day in the Monchique 2 months ago The temperature here has been soaring lately – it’s regularly 32 – 34 degrees – and it’s only the beginning of May! Sometimes it can be nice to go and lie on a beach and enjoy the sun – but … Continue reading →
- Yarn Bombing in Portimão 2 months ago We’ve been meaning to head over to the garden ‘Largo December 1′ in Portimão – it’s the one in front of the municipal theatre – to have better look at the ‘Yarn-bombing’ that took place on the 21st March to … Continue reading →
- Gordon Ramsay wants to Help Brits in The Algarve! 4 months ago An exciting new TV programme is being launched – and restaurants in the Algarve could benefit! The BAFTA-winning producers of Channel 4′s Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares, is producing a brand new series to help struggling British owned-restaurants, hotels and B&Bs throughout … Continue reading...
- Faro Old Town 4 months ago We have previously blogged about the delights of Faro, with its many churches, museums, monuments and shops – which you can read about here – Don’t rush away from Faro This time, after dropping off a friend at the airport, … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- You must be mad! Writing Contest October 2012 “You must be mad” was actually one of the many comments we heard from friends when we told them we were thinking of giving up our jobs, selling our home, and moving abroad. It was often closely followed by an envious “I wish we could do...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Portugal Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Portugal!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 23 reviews on Algarve Blog
10:29 AM October 08, 2012
Excellent blog, full of information about this lovely region of Portugal. If you want to see great photos, this is the place to come :)
15:59 PM October 16, 2012
Very informative and always with beautiful photos. Well done!
11:34 AM October 20, 2012
Well done - it takes a lot of effort to keep a blog interesting, informative and relevant - keep it up!
12:03 PM October 20, 2012
What a delightfully put together blog. The photos and the information introduced me to a place that I had not even heard of.
01:12 AM October 26, 2012
I like it!
20:58 PM November 18, 2012
Not only a great blog but Alyson really encourages other bloggers and 'spreads the love'.
09:37 AM December 03, 2012
With wonderful photos and excellent writing, the Algarve blog is a fantastic blog, run by a genuinely lovely person.
09:31 AM December 04, 2012
Good luck !
10:09 AM December 04, 2012
Fantastic blog! Well done, please keep it going. :)
10:17 AM December 04, 2012
Love this blog - clearly written with passion for the country.
10:27 AM December 04, 2012
Fantastic blog - one which I visit regularly. It makes me feel like I am actually living there. Nicely done!
10:49 AM December 04, 2012
I have just discovered this beautiful blog, and will begin to visit it! :)))
11:20 AM December 04, 2012
I love the links to the local traders and attractions, information about local produce and the photos. A real treasure of information.
14:39 PM December 04, 2012
A beautifully written blog by an extremely talented creative. Alyson not only produces a high standard of work, but does a lot to facilitate communication and discovery throughout the blogging community.
15:19 PM December 04, 2012
Love Alyson, really supportive of other blogs, inclusive and joins people into hers, her creativity shines through.
22:06 PM December 04, 2012
This blog is a perfect place to find information about moving to Portugal, what to see and do there. It gives you a lot of useful tips and you easily feel the love Alyson has for her expat country.
10:02 AM December 05, 2012
Great blog. Easy to read, informative and always full of fantastic photos! I'm just glad I already live here or all those beautiful photos would surely make me green with envy :-)
10:08 AM December 05, 2012
Excellent blog - superb and very informative articles about the Algarve, Portugal with fantastic photos.
11:04 AM December 05, 2012
Great photos and great writing. What's not to like about Algarve Blog. It's a winner!
12:08 PM December 05, 2012
Great blog which brings light into a dreary day and makes you want to jump on the next plane.
17:35 PM December 05, 2012
Vivacious blog! Love the variety and style of writing. Photos are great too. Delivers a bucket of sunshine each and every time.
20:42 PM December 05, 2012
Aly's blog is always interesting and informative, and she goes out of her way to extend the hand of friendship to other bloggers.
02:34 AM December 06, 2012