Le Franco Phoney
Latest Blog Posts »
- The French Lady of the Lake 1 month ago I came across a gruesome story this week, about ‘La Dame du Lac‘ (‘The Lady of the Lake’) right here in Annecy. It’s a tale of trickery by the devil himself which changes a young couple’s lives for ever, (you…Read more ›
- Wishing you good gout 2 months ago My friend Jane sent me an image from a business that went something like this: There’s a French business for baby food called Good Gout. I guess the business owner liked the alliteration of the ‘G’ and the rhyming of…Read more ›
- The French-British flagged castle 2 months ago I recently visited this castle with a funny flag, but where is it? The grey sky, the Tudor façade and the neat, green grass might indicate England, but it’s not. So where was I? The answer is the north of…Read more ›
- Fidget spinners arrive in France...kind of... 4 months ago The fidget spinner has been a huge retail success in many countries, and France is now in on the act too. But wait, what’s that? The ‘Hand Spinner’? Yep! In France, where English words are creeping in despite the efforts…Read more ›
- Has Le Franco Phoney turned Austra-Phoney? 5 months ago Greetings from Australia, where I’ve been helping out with a family illness for the past month. I’m about to head back to France, but being home brought up a few cultural questions. I started Le Franco Phoney because the French…Read more ›
Contest Entries »
- Coping with Living Abroad Writing Contest October 2012 The glamour of jet setting or that dreaded feeling of homesickness? What does living abroad mean to you? For me, moving away from home was an escape from a world that felt like an old pair of jeans — comfortable, familiar and reliable. That old...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Le Franco Phoney has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!