Le Franco Phoney
Latest Blog Posts »
- Not all French adverts are chic 1 month ago Many of us have a love affair with France. We love the chic French clothes, the indulgent French food and the poetic softness of the French language. French kissing? No coincidence there either. However, French advertisements sometimes let the side…Read more ›
- Johnny Hallyday lives on in French culture 2 months ago You may have heard the news recently that much-loved French rock star, Johnny Hallyday, has lost his battle with cancer. It was touch-and-go back in 2009, when he was placed in a medical coma after a post-op back pain, and…Read more ›
- The paradox of France 3 months ago “Liberté, égalité, fraternité.” It’s about as French as it gets. It’s as French as croissants, saying “oh la la”, and chic fashion. Something else very French seems to be the cultural paradox of progression and tradition. Traditionally meat lovers, more…Read more ›
- France's most searched dish 5 months ago Tartiflette has been listed as Google’s top recipe search for France. So what is tartiflette and is the rest of the world going to jump on the bandwagon? First of all, you might be surprised to learn that tartiflette —…Read more ›
- How to deal with snow 5 months ago I took this photo last week on a walk around Saint Jean de Sixt. The trees are heavy with snow, glistening in the sunlight, and the fence pictured is laden to the point that the snow is warping between the…Read more ›
Contest Entries »
- Coping with Living Abroad Writing Contest October 2012 The glamour of jet setting or that dreaded feeling of homesickness? What does living abroad mean to you? For me, moving away from home was an escape from a world that felt like an old pair of jeans — comfortable, familiar and reliable. That old...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Le Franco Phoney has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!