Le Franco Phoney
Latest Blog Posts »
- Fidget spinners arrive in France...kind of... 1 week ago The fidget spinner has been a huge retail success in many countries, and France is now in on the act too. But wait, what’s that? The ‘Hand Spinner’? Yep! In France, where English words are creeping in despite the efforts…Read more ›
- Has Le Franco Phoney turned Austra-Phoney? 1 month ago Greetings from Australia, where I’ve been helping out with a family illness for the past month. I’m about to head back to France, but being home brought up a few cultural questions. I started Le Franco Phoney because the French…Read more ›
- Typical French television? 3 months ago Sunday morning television in France is no different to the rest of the world. It’s terrible! Queue re-runs of eighties sitcoms and cartoons for kids — surely the only people up on a Sunday morning. Alas, I’m an early riser,…Read more ›
- Marching, Swiss style 5 months ago Hello, and happy New Year! Apologies for the long break in posts (I was enjoying time with family and friends in Australia, but I’m now back in France, so let’s get cracking). You have no doubt heard about the Women’s…Read more ›
- Keep your dog 8 months ago On a recent walk, this sign was kindly translated into German and English. The French actually says “Keep your dog on a leash”. As long as English speakers keep their dogs, they’re alright on or off the leash, presumably. In…Read more ›
Contest Entries »
- Coping with Living Abroad Writing Contest October 2012 The glamour of jet setting or that dreaded feeling of homesickness? What does living abroad mean to you? For me, moving away from home was an escape from a world that felt like an old pair of jeans — comfortable, familiar and reliable. That old...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Le Franco Phoney has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!