Le Franco Phoney
Latest Blog Posts »
- Marching, Swiss style 2 months ago Hello, and happy New Year! Apologies for the long break in posts (I was enjoying time with family and friends in Australia, but I’m now back in France, so let’s get cracking). You have no doubt heard about the Women’s…Read more ›
- Keep your dog 4 months ago On a recent walk, this sign was kindly translated into German and English. The French actually says “Keep your dog on a leash”. As long as English speakers keep their dogs, they’re alright on or off the leash, presumably. In…Read more ›
- The joy of the lunch voucher (chèque déjeuner) 5 months ago At a job interview, I asked about employee benefits. “Optional health insurance, flexibility, etc. etc. Oh and restaurant vouchers.” Having never been employed by a French business before, this benefit was a new one for me. I’d seen people handing…Read more ›
- Confusing road signs 6 months ago Some road work was done at the end of my street here in Saint Jean de Sixt a few weeks ago. Luckily, the French road workers put up some signs to help the locals with the diversion. Go left or…Read more ›
- Practical information from a festival 6 months ago I was a tad shocked to see what practical advice the High Five festival website was giving me: “How to come” seems a bit personal for a ski and snowboard festival in Annecy. It’s truly commendable that the High Five…Read more ›
Contest Entries »
- Coping with Living Abroad Writing Contest October 2012 The glamour of jet setting or that dreaded feeling of homesickness? What does living abroad mean to you? For me, moving away from home was an escape from a world that felt like an old pair of jeans — comfortable, familiar and reliable. That old...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Le Franco Phoney has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!