Le Franco Phoney
Latest Blog Posts »
- The funny monk at the Grand Saint Bernard pass 2 days ago Winter of 2018 was one of the snowiest for a long time, and the excess snow on the high mountain passes took a few more weeks to clear than usual. The result, as each one opens, is a spectacular mix…Read more ›
- Medieval France for a day 3 weeks ago Once upon a time, a girl from a far-away place found herself in a strange land, so she began to learn the language and the customs, and she wrote a blog about the experience. She had heard of this village…Read more ›
- Not all French adverts are chic 4 months ago Many of us have a love affair with France. We love the chic French clothes, the indulgent French food and the poetic softness of the French language. French kissing? No coincidence there either. However, French advertisements sometimes let the side…Read more ›
- Johnny Hallyday lives on in French culture 5 months ago You may have heard the news recently that much-loved French rock star, Johnny Hallyday, has lost his battle with cancer. It was touch-and-go back in 2009, when he was placed in a medical coma after a post-op back pain, and…Read more ›
- The paradox of France 6 months ago “Liberté, égalité, fraternité.” It’s about as French as it gets. It’s as French as croissants, saying “oh la la”, and chic fashion. Something else very French seems to be the cultural paradox of progression and tradition. Traditionally meat lovers, more…Read more ›
Contest Entries »
- Coping with Living Abroad Writing Contest October 2012 The glamour of jet setting or that dreaded feeling of homesickness? What does living abroad mean to you? For me, moving away from home was an escape from a world that felt like an old pair of jeans — comfortable, familiar and reliable. That old...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Le Franco Phoney has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!