Latest Blog Posts »
- The Cheapest Books In Paris 1 week ago (Jean Seberg via Awesome People Reading)Yes, you should be practicing your French, but what if you just want to read a book in English? A little something to bring to Jardin du Luxembourg or Tuileries, or for while you sit along the Seine or in a caf
- Cheap Paris Opera Tickets 1 week ago (Photo via
- Free Concert: Violin And Cello At The Mairie du VIeme 3 weeks ago (Photo via Mairie du 6e)The Mairie du VIeme is Paris' best-kept secret music hall. At least once a month they hold free and open-to-the-public concerts in this gorgeous, majestic space, tucked into a building beyond a courtyard near Jardin du Luxembourg. The space, with high, beautifully painted...
- Cheap Drinks: Free Wine Tastings This Weekend In Paris 3 weeks ago (Photo via Grape Gazette)Who doesn't love a good free wine tasting? I know I sure do, and this weekend presents a super storm of tasting events around Paris. Choose from five free tastings around the city, or strategically hit up all of them and get a buzz on during this rainy weekend. Thanks to...
- Cheap Concert: Starf*cker 4 weeks ago (Photo via Rainy Blawg)The NSFW-named electropop band Starfucker (sometimes also called STRFKR in case your boss walks by) have spent the last five years crafting danceable laser tunes that are at once beautiful and vaguely sad. Take their song "Millions," for example, which is built around the...
Contest Entries »
- The Fearful Expat Writing Contest October 2012 “Wow. You’re so brave!” I heard this countless times from friends and family members after I declared I’d be quitting my job and moving to France for an undecided amount of time. Yet I never understood why. Dozens of people, from...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Paris Cheapskate
19:23 PM November 01, 2012
Great blog always on top of making Paris more affordable from time to time free. I love it.
21:58 PM November 07, 2012
As a broke gal myself, I love checking in with Jenna, the ultimate "maline" for all things to do and see in Paris on the cheap! Love this blog!!