A Canadian in Abu Dhabi
Latest Blog Posts »
- Overheard in the newsroom: Sandance & Justin Bieber edition 2 weeks ago
- Snap caption: Banged up joke suitcase not so different from my banged-up real suitcase 2 weeks ago Love the quirky items at Wamli.com, particularly the 4-wheel crash trolley for Dh770. And since that's how my suitcase looked when it came off the conveyor belt after my last trip home, why not just lean it to the pending damage?
- Snap caption: Frosted tips and pink lips at the barber in Dubai 3 weeks ago Kuwait Street, Bur Dubai
- Dear Pizza Hut: This crust appears to be breaded, please explain yourself 3 weeks ago
- The Canadian embassy and Tim Hortons want you to go to Justin Bieber 3 weeks ago This is adorable. My embassy wants you to "like" their Facebook page and they've paired up with a Canadian coffee institution to make it happen. (Although frankly there are so many Tim Hortons over here now I don't know where I'm at). From the press release:JUSTIN BIEBER TICKETS FROM THE CANADIAN...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in United Arab Emirates!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 15 reviews on A Canadian in Abu Dhabi
02:15 AM November 10, 2012
This is by far my favourite blog! I always look forward to hearing what Ann Marie is up to, and her entertaining take on her experiences in Abu Dhabi. Not only does the author give great advice for those travelling or considering a move to the UAE, her travels over the past few years from her new home are exciting, and her humour always puts a smile on my face.
02:38 AM November 10, 2012
Ann Marie's blog is funny and insightful. I've seen none better from the UAE.
04:15 AM November 10, 2012
I LOVE this blog.. Informative, insightful, intelligent and wildly entertaining! Made me want to move to Abu Dhabi and guess what?! I did!
06:18 AM November 10, 2012
Excellent humourous and insightful views from a talented, experienced and observant ex-pat Canuck. This is rich and resonant. Highly recommended.
07:04 AM November 10, 2012
A wonderful perspective on life in the Sandlands!
08:50 AM November 10, 2012
great (and consistently hilarious) blog snapshotting the little idiocies and oddities that ensure life in the UAE is never dull.
10:47 AM November 10, 2012
11:51 AM November 10, 2012
I think this blog is spot on and gives great authentic insight into what life is really like in the UAE. Having lived there myself, I look to this blog to remind me of the fun it was living there.
16:09 PM November 10, 2012
An insightful and often hilarious look at a Canadian reporter living in the UAE. You never know what Ann Marie will write about next, but you can be sure it will be interesting!
03:34 AM November 11, 2012
This blog is an excellent one.I am considering to move to the UAE and I have learnt lots of things about the country through this blog's good descriptions and entertaining style .You will also see some funny, interesting and cool pictures from AbuDhabi that you wont see unless you live there.
19:03 PM November 11, 2012
Ann Marie brings her exotic and exciting experiences in Abu Dhabi to life on her blog. I love to read her blog to see her spin on the things she experiences. Keep it up Annie!!!
03:36 AM November 12, 2012
I love this blog. I am a Canadian living in Canada and it is great to read about her experiences
05:02 AM November 12, 2012
I love the sense of humour and intuitive insight of this blog's writer. Living in Abu Dhabi myself, I think she gives a great idea of what it's like being here, both from the fun side and the more serious. Definitely a daily fix!
00:11 AM November 13, 2012
I so admire Ann Marie's guts for leaving the comforts of Canada and moving to a place like the UAE. As a person who would never have the nerve to do it herself, I live vicariously through her blog and continue to tell everyone I know to read it. Always a great read and laugh out loud funny at times. Keep it up!
11:20 AM November 14, 2012
My dose of multi-coloured funny while living in monotone Abu Dhabi...