Latest Blog Posts »
- Rebuilding a road 3 months ago The project of tearing out our road started 2 and a half weeks ago. The concrete has now been put over the rebar but the road is still blocked off. As we say with so many things in Nepal: "it's a process".
- Trekking ABC 6 months ago Our first year in Nepal Jeremiah did the Annapurna Base Camp trek. This year it was my turn! During our Dashain break, a friend and I went together to Poon Hill, and then I went on to do the rest of it by myself. I've never been so sore in my life, but it was absolutely stunning and I'm so glad...
- Thamel from Above 7 months ago Snapped a quick picture of one of the main streets in Thamel (tourist district) from the top floor of Helena's Restaurant. The restaurant has been around for a while and has decent food, but one of the main reasons we like going there is because it's the highest rooftop restaurant (7th floor?)...
- Still here! 7 months ago Still here, as in...we're still in Kathmandu (starting our fifth year). We're going to try and post some more pictures with a few sentences each week. Here is the view just outside the Saleways Department Store up near the US Embassy in the north part of Kathmandu. We usually go to breakfast,...
- Boudha without its top 11 months ago After damage from the earthquake Boudha is without its iconic top (see the image at the top of this page and here). However, there is an impressive structure of bamboo scaffolding and piles of bricks so hopefully there will soon be a new one.
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Nepal Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Nepal!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on 27°72'N 85°37'E
18:21 PM November 05, 2012
I love reading this blog. I am not in Nepal and doubt I ever will be, but they give just enough to intrigue me and not bore or annoy me. I have also emailed with questions and have gotten very quick and personal responses from them that I doubt receive from other bloggers. I plan on lots of travel in my future and this blog excites me beyond words.