Latest Blog Posts »
- Thamel from Above 2 weeks ago Snapped a quick picture of one of the main streets in Thamel (tourist district) from the top floor of Helena's Restaurant. The restaurant has been around for a while and has decent food, but one of the main reasons we like going there is because it's the highest rooftop restaurant (7th floor?)...
- Still here! 1 month ago Still here, as in...we're still in Kathmandu (starting our fifth year). We're going to try and post some more pictures with a few sentences each week. Here is the view just outside the Saleways Department Store up near the US Embassy in the north part of Kathmandu. We usually go to breakfast,...
- Boudha without its top 5 months ago After damage from the earthquake Boudha is without its iconic top (see the image at the top of this page and here). However, there is an impressive structure of bamboo scaffolding and piles of bricks so hopefully there will soon be a new one.
- Monkey Temple revisited 6 months ago Previously.
- Holi madness 6 months ago Holi fell on Tuesday in Kathmandu this year. So, we celebrated on Saturday. Tegan pronounced in the midst of water and color flying "this is the best holi ever!" Liam, who last year was pretty sure he hated the holiday, was a bit more convinced this year that it can be a fun time.
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Nepal Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Nepal!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on 27°72'N 85°37'E
18:21 PM November 05, 2012
I love reading this blog. I am not in Nepal and doubt I ever will be, but they give just enough to intrigue me and not bore or annoy me. I have also emailed with questions and have gotten very quick and personal responses from them that I doubt receive from other bloggers. I plan on lots of travel in my future and this blog excites me beyond words.