Oolong to Earl Grey
Latest Blog Posts »
- Flashback Friday, Moments in time, 15 July 2013, A day in London. 6 months ago 15 July 2013We were well and truly settled into life in the United Kingdom. Life in our little village was easy and we were only a quick train ride from London. An Aussie friend I met in Shanghai was coming to England to visit family, did I have time to pop into London for a catch up? Did I...
- Being 'home' in Perth - six months into repatriation. 6 months ago Six months ago we were in our final days of our two years in Germany, our final days of eight years as expats. Lots of 'last times' ...last walk in the forest, last meal with friends, last chat with the neighbours, before the last drive to the airport. Tears were shed but we looked forward to...
- Flashback Friday - A cheeky weekend in Paris 7 months ago One of the joys of expat life is the people you meet and the friends you make along the way. Expat friends become your family away from home and you get close much quicker than you would at home.Once we left Shanghai and lived for two years each in England and Germany, most of our visitors...
- Memories of life in Shanghai four years on... 7 months ago Hard to believe that we left our Shanghai life four years ago this week. We lived in Shanghai for four years so we have now been away for longer than we were there. So much has changed, we are struggling with repatriation after eight years as expats. Two years each in England and Germany after...
- Throwback Thursday, Moments in Time, 12 May 2016 Wiesbaden, Germany 8 months ago Wiesbaden was where my husband was based just before we moved to Germanyand quickly became one of my favourite places. A historic spa city from way back in the Roman times, it is filled with beautiful architecture as it suffered far less damagethan Frankfurt in WWII. Only a twenty minute drive...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Oolong to Earl Grey
10:12 AM October 24, 2012
It's just so wonderful to hear and read of the adventures if you all. Hope to visit you there one day. Xx
10:48 AM October 24, 2012
A great read! It makes me miss England and long to see Shanghai at the same time. The photos are a real treat.
12:35 PM October 24, 2012
Your curiosity and zest for life really makes it a joy to read your blog!
22:53 PM October 24, 2012
Such a lovely read about living abroad with family and friends. Super photos too!
20:42 PM November 23, 2012
Beautiful photos and thoughtful reflections that make even places I have seen sound new and exciting!
10:08 AM November 24, 2012
Insightful and such a pleasure to read, with beautiful photography. England, as seen from the outside.