Oolong to Earl Grey
Latest Blog Posts »
- Forty Winks Friday, Pull up a chair and have a nap! 23 hours ago Spring in Shanghai brings blossoms, beautiful weather and cane furniture. These rickshaws, piled high with cane furniture start appearing at the same time as the cherry blossoms,but stay on into the heat of summer.The merchants pull their carts throughout the city, find a shady spot,sit back and...
- Spring has sprung in the forest 1 day ago In the middle of March, this is what my daily walk in the forestwith our dog looked like...In the middle of April, this is what our walk looks like....You can almost see the buds unfolding around you. The forest awakening for the summer.Leaves unfurling in the warmth of the sun.New spring growth...
- Cherry Blossoms in Frauenstein, Weisbaden 3 days ago We learnt very soon after our move to Germany that shops are all closed on a Sunday, as it is a day of worship and rest. It is also forbidden to hang washing outside, mow the lawn and wash the car on a Sunday!So we have embraced what the locals do and head out for a walk in a forest. Last Sonntag...
- Forty Winks Friday. To market to market! Tongchuan Lu Seafood Market. 1 week ago I love a good market and Shanghai has a market for just about anything, antiques clothes, upholstery, glasses...seafood. One of my favourites is the Tongchuan Lu Seafood market, a wholesale market that provides the restaurants of Shanghai with fresh seafood from around the globe. The people who...
- Sun, sea, sand and sculptures, Cottesloe Part 2 1 week ago Cottesloe Beach holds many special memories for me, splashing in the shallows and building sandcastles as a child. Picnics shaded by the norfolk pines, fish and chip dinners on the grassy esplanade. Games of beach cricket. Cottesloe Beach was where my school friends and I ended our last day of...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Oolong to Earl Grey
10:12 AM October 24, 2012
It's just so wonderful to hear and read of the adventures if you all. Hope to visit you there one day. Xx
10:48 AM October 24, 2012
A great read! It makes me miss England and long to see Shanghai at the same time. The photos are a real treat.
12:35 PM October 24, 2012
Your curiosity and zest for life really makes it a joy to read your blog!
22:53 PM October 24, 2012
Such a lovely read about living abroad with family and friends. Super photos too!
20:42 PM November 23, 2012
Beautiful photos and thoughtful reflections that make even places I have seen sound new and exciting!
10:08 AM November 24, 2012
Insightful and such a pleasure to read, with beautiful photography. England, as seen from the outside.