Latest Blog Posts »
- GM26: East Berlin Cool in the Cold Heart of West Berlin 1 year ago West Berlin has a lot going for it, from the amazing lakes and woods to broad, tree-lined avenues. But it still lacks a bit of the edgy cool that characterises East Berlin and neighbourhoods such as Prenzlauer Berg or Friedrichshain. That is starting to change with the opening of GM26, a new and...
- The Restaurant Pasternak - A taste of Jewish and Russian Food in Berlin 2 years ago There is nothing that says Jewish or Russian food quite like Blini with salmon, horseradish sauce and sour cream (except perhaps for Borshtsh, Latkes or Kreplach). Whatever your fancy, whether Russian food, Jewish food or just good old winter-warming food, you won’t be disappointed by the...
- The New Synagogue Berlin (Neue Synagoge) 2 years ago The New Synagogue in Berlin is by a very long shot my favourite. This is partly because I have attended a wedding and several Bar-Mitzvahs there, and have come to love the close community feel of the small congregation that still worships in the New Synagogue. But it is also because of the amazing...
- What is the cost of living in Berlin? 2 years ago Are you thinking of moving to Berlin? Great. That means you probably already know it is one of the coolest and most vibrant cities in the world. The rest is all detail, but to be fair, a pretty important part of the detail is figuring out the cost of living in Berlin. Let’s start with […]
- Why tour Berlin by Bike 2 years ago Seeing Berlin by bike gives you a whole new outlook on the city. Should I say that again? The best, and I mean the best, way to tour Berlin is by bike. This is why. 1) Berlin is one of the friendliest places in the world to cycle. The famous Copenhagenize Index that measures […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Insiders Berlin
16:09 PM January 30, 2014
This has some great places to visit and is also pretty good on some of the historical sights.